Forum Settings
Forums

do you ever wish people were more traditional with dating?

New
Jun 23, 2016 1:42 AM
Mar 2016
what the title says, what do you think?
user5265111Sep 13, 2016 9:23 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 23, 2016 1:48 AM
Jan 2016
yeah ofc its pretty depressing to see how much traditions have fallen

i personally still hold these traditions high when it comes to dating so i suggest finding something that still thinks this way
Jun 23, 2016 2:04 AM

Mar 2008
Yeah I am pretty sad "dating" is nothing but being fuck buddies or people only with someone because they dont want to be single for more than a week.
Jun 23, 2016 2:10 AM

Jul 2014
I don't think there is a need for people to be more traditional with how the approach their love life. They should just stop being trash people. But then, people become what the world they live in force them to become, and traditions won't change that.
Jun 23, 2016 2:12 AM
Jul 2018
Doesn't really have anything to do with me. I've been with the same girl for 5+ years.
Jun 23, 2016 2:20 AM
Oct 2014
Yeah it's pretty decadent. Funny, cause I hear a lot of people complaining about how the current dating game is played, but still most people buy into it. Tinder and all that shit. People are like lobotomized.
Rarusu_Jun 23, 2016 2:34 AM

Jun 23, 2016 2:24 AM

Oct 2010
I think I fall under the "more traditional" side of dating.
I waited and entered a relationship with someone I knew I actually loved and was willing to commit myself to. I also saved myself for when I found that person. It was the same with him as well.

I actually have had people treat me like I'm weird over it before.
Jun 23, 2016 2:36 AM

Nov 2008
This way is way easier.If you are under 20 or over 29 probably you would prefer the easy way(for different reasons).
Jun 23, 2016 2:38 AM
Oct 2014
Usagi said:
I think I fall under the "more traditional" side of dating.
I waited and entered a relationship with someone I knew I actually loved and was willing to commit myself to. I also saved myself for when I found that person. It was the same with him as well.

I actually have had people treat me like I'm weird over it before.

That's not surprising, because "it's the *insert current year". I've heard myself that "I'm too serious" before. Although, I don't think viginity is a virtue, this attitude seems to me to be the most sensible.

Jun 23, 2016 2:39 AM

Aug 2015
Well, I have been around a long time. I am older than most of your parents.

When I dated in the late 1970's and early 1980's, heck even the early 90's, it was raunchy but still had some traditional level to it. Back then only half the girls went to church. The others were easy peasy, and even hornier than me.

Now, hardly any go to church, so they are all both hedonistic and think way too highly of themselves. That goes for the guys as well.

I wish people were more traditional full stop.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Jun 23, 2016 3:55 AM
Oct 2014
Zeus- said:
Rarusu_ said:
Yeah it's pretty decadent. Funny, cause I hear a lot of people complaining about how the current dating game is played, but still most people buy into it. Tinder and all that shit. People are like lobotomized.
probably because sex in relationships is seen as a status symbol these days. it's become a "bragging rights" thing, proof that you're good enough to convince girls to sleep with you

cause really, sex by itself with someone you don't really care about? what's the point, might as well just fap lol

So true. It's sad that so many young males feel like to have had sex at least once or twice is a requirement for deserving an intimate relationship these days. Sex has become some kind of semi God. I personally think that casual sex is very meaningless, really. It doesn't give anything in the long run. In other words, a form of escapism.

Jun 23, 2016 4:23 AM

Jun 2016
I don't think people date anymore, they just hop in bed with each other and that's it.
Jun 23, 2016 4:53 AM

May 2015
Fuck the traditions. They're what holding us down.

No, I don't want us to be traditional again. I want everyone asking everyone out, not paying for dates and focusing on connecting instead of wooing.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 23, 2016 5:06 AM

Nov 2008
Zeus- said:
vegetosayajin said:
This way is way easier.If you are under 20 or over 29 probably you would prefer the easy way(for different reasons).
I didn't prefer it when I was under 20, I don't prefer it now, lol

That maybe your believe, but why then your relationships are the opposite?There are a lot of different partners to choose from, and people choose subconsciously and later try to justify failure by blaming it on external factors.
You get what you want, not what you want to believe you want.
Jun 23, 2016 5:17 AM

Oct 2011
Not really, I'd rather see their ugly side and see if it's worth the effort.
Jun 23, 2016 5:57 AM

May 2013
traditions are overrated stop being a nerd
Jun 23, 2016 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
True most females these days have had sex with enough men to defend a small country before they get married, even the thought of sticking my penis into their used up holes makes me feel uncomfortable.

I won't agree to wear underwear that has been wore by random stangers in the past because the thought of it will make me feel uneasy, so why should I feel comfortable sticking my private parts in a hole knowing that other men have stuck theirs in there before.
Jun 23, 2016 6:19 AM

Sep 2012
What does "not being a liar criminal" have to do with "tradition"?

Maybe you should stop trying to pick up women at your local prison?

Most girls in anime/manga are giant self-centered entitled bratty cunts anyway, so I don't even know what your point is.
Jun 23, 2016 6:20 AM

Dec 2015
Nah, I'm more comfortable with the "hang out watch watch Netflix and occasionally fuck each other" school of dating.
Jun 23, 2016 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
Bobby2Hands said:
Nah, I'm more comfortable with the "hang out watch watch Netflix and occasionally fuck each other" school of dating.
You mean you don't want to date a socially handicapped 11 year old girl who is too inept to get out a complete sentence without stuttering and is too shy to even hold hands, let alone acknowledge your relationship with her?

Man, I miss TRADITION
Jun 23, 2016 6:27 AM

Jul 2015
I wish that there were less tsunderes in this world, if that counts

I think the question you really mean to ask is "do you ever wish people would stop being weird and annoying when they are dated?" To which I would say "yes."
Imo, it has nothing to do with "traditional dating." whatever that is
Jun 23, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2015
Not sure what tradition has to do with it.

If you mean do I wish that people were less shallow then yes.
Idc about what she's done in the past but a lot of people I've dated were self centered, egocentric & even manipulative to some extent and at times it felt honesty and humility doesn't exist while dating.
Jun 23, 2016 7:03 AM

Oct 2015
OP maybe you should start being 'traditional and innocent and cute' first, and hope someone like that falls into your lap.
If you're reading this, then you be should banana the one often to effectively die apples through convergence, autism plus unicorns.
Jun 23, 2016 7:12 AM

Jan 2013
yeah i agree. its the main reason i dont bother to date
Jun 23, 2016 7:18 AM
Mar 2016
Think it all depends on where you look but the more traditional and innocent girls are out there they just aren't the attention seekers and so don't really get noticed. Having said that I think a lot of traditional dating values like the guy always having to pay are way outdated.
Jun 23, 2016 7:38 AM

Nov 2008
Traditional dating varies with culture, men in Asia would be at a severe disadvantage than those in the West in both the process of dating and the pool of women.

Jun 23, 2016 9:27 AM

Sep 2014
from what I read on mal, I thought everyone already did "traditional dating".

I'm totally out of the loop on what happens in the dating world, lol.
Jun 23, 2016 9:38 AM

Jun 2016
I don't know about "traditional", but I think people need to stop thinking that dating/relationships are the be all end all of their personal happiness. I can't really handle all these high maintenance girls who think we should always be eating out, buying expensive things to impress people, etc.

I'm just waiting for some low-key girl who wants to chill and watch anime/talk about interesting life stuff.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Jun 23, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
Zeus- said:

EDIT: when I say traditional I mean normal like 10-20 years ago, where they go out to dinner or something on a date, don't immediately sleep with each other and date to find a spouse to marry and have kids with. nowadays people around here are okay with the Netflix N Chill, lmao

I feel like I'm being judged right now.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jun 23, 2016 10:46 AM

May 2016
Who cares if they just sleep with each other? People want to have sex.
Jun 23, 2016 10:53 AM

Jul 2012
why don't you just go to japan if you want some submissive traditional housewife girlfriend...?

OT: idk, i wish people were more pure because that's my type LOL
Jun 23, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2015
There are still plenty of relationships that are like that. Not the "unconditional love" thing because that's silly, but the nicer, more romantic dating style. That's how all my dates have been.

Jun 23, 2016 11:34 AM
Oct 2014
Mayuka said:
why don't you just go to japan if you want some submissive traditional housewife girlfriend...?

OT: idk, i wish people were more pure because that's my type LOL

That was basically what he stated in the op though. You guys read in too much into "traditional". It was obvious that he just miss the good old social dynamics that existed before the current hook up culture.

It's almost like you are implying that being a traditional housewife is worse than being a criminal or lier.

Jun 23, 2016 11:42 AM

Jul 2012
@Rarusu_
it's more like, he's basing his tastes off delusions found in japanese cartoons which are obviously aimed towards horny 30 year old boys
Jun 23, 2016 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Red_Keys said:
Bobby2Hands said:
You mean you don't want to date a socially handicapped 11 year old girl who is too inept to get out a complete sentence without stuttering and is too shy to even hold hands, let alone acknowledge your relationship with her?

Man, I miss TRADITION

I'm fine with you preferring to date men and all but that does not give you the right to complain about other peoples taste in women.
Jun 23, 2016 11:52 AM

Mar 2014
I honestly rather give a goat to their Father or mother (#Equality)and just marry them.
Eat Me
Jun 23, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2013
DirtySprite said:
I honestly rather give a goat to their Father or mother (#Equality)and just marry them.

In some cultures that's considered traditional.

I imagine this is how the parents feel.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jun 23, 2016 12:30 PM

Mar 2016
I couldn't care less how other people choose to date each other.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jun 23, 2016 1:09 PM

Jan 2016
Traditional form of dating? XD So no communication via text messaging whatsoever. And dates planned 2-4 months in advance. It sounds tempting but I'll have to pass xF.

There's nothing wrong with easy sex especially if you want something casual but it would be pointless. I'll admit though I dislike what foundation relationships are built on now. Because I can't really fit into that dating class, I'm the serious kind.

About the dating part though, I like the romantic kinds, pleasant, fun and at its own pace.

Also OP, maybe you have a thing for dangerous girls subconsciously. I mean-
AhoGamiJun 23, 2016 1:21 PM
Jun 24, 2016 1:04 AM

May 2015
Raimu4 said:
True most females these days have had sex with enough men to defend a small country before they get married, even the thought of sticking my penis into their used up holes makes me feel uncomfortable.

I won't agree to wear underwear that has been wore by random stangers in the past because the thought of it will make me feel uneasy, so why should I feel comfortable sticking my private parts in a hole knowing that other men have stuck theirs in there before.

What's wrong with women having a lot of sex? Isn't that experience makes them more knowledgeable, knowing better what they want in a partner?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 24, 2016 1:07 AM

Sep 2009
I'm pretty sure dating to find love never truly existed. Sure, culture has changed, but the people haven't.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 24, 2016 2:43 AM

Dec 2014
i think it's just the fact that people and their relationships with others have become more exposed.
hear me out, I think social media is great and has its advantages. but social media apps like tinder are really not my cup of tea. i think this kind of exposure is why many people may not take relationships seriously, it's become so "easy" and "accessible" to hook up with virtually anyone.

Jun 24, 2016 3:33 AM

Jul 2012
Not really. But I do wish people were less autistic with dating.
Jun 24, 2016 2:03 PM

Apr 2011
Yes.

Unfortunately, with ideals such as mine, which include the simple endeavour of getting to know one another before supposedly committing to a relationship, and not engaging in sexual activities before marriage, I am looked at as an outcast more often than I think is necessary. It does not essentially bother me currently as I bear no interest in an emotional relationship with another individual whatsoever, but there have been instances where I have felt ostracized and excluded from certain social activities because I have a more traditional approach to relationships. Also, bearing a straight edge will (no smoking, alcohol or narcotics) also influences this; I have also been excluded from meet-ups because I do not drink alcoholic beverages, and have even been told that this is a large reason for my incapability of maintaining friendships.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jun 24, 2016 4:26 PM

Oct 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Raimu4 said:

What's wrong with women having a lot of sex? Isn't that experience makes them more knowledgeable, knowing better what they want in a partner?

It's about women being "Pure". It's like blowing their nose in an handkerchief that has already been used by someone else, for them ... Yes, I personally think that this thought of wanting a "Pure" woman is like seeing them as an object.
Jun 24, 2016 4:35 PM

Aug 2015
Nyarlathothep said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

It's about women being "Pure". It's like blowing their nose in an handkerchief that has already been used by someone else, for them ... Yes, I personally think that this thought of wanting a "Pure" woman is like seeing them as an object.

so in other words you like to be cucked ha
Jun 24, 2016 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
Raimu4 said:

Women are not here just for your pleasure, fuck off and go buy a sex doll if it really bothers you so much.
Jun 24, 2016 4:47 PM

Oct 2015
ultravigo said:
Nyarlathothep said:

so in other words you like to be cucked ha

Huh? I hold no interest in such thing. It's just my thought about those guys : I simply think they see women as an object that must be theirs alone. If not, why caring so much about the other person being a virgin or not.
Jun 24, 2016 5:03 PM

Jun 2016
I know exactly what you mean, everyone seems to just wanna fuck and mess around. It's kinda gross.
Jun 24, 2016 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
TheBrainintheJar said:
Raimu4 said:

Vagina's won't feel very good after the hole is big enough to stick a subway sandwich inside.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 5 hours ago

12 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

21 by 707supremacist »»
5 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

315 by Lightskynight »»
7 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Yesterday

15 by 707supremacist »»
9 minutes ago

» What jobs do you all have? ( 1 2 )

AnxiousMike - Feb 11, 2023

80 by zoeanime13 »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.