Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 13, 2016 5:04 PM

Jan 2014
KonoYume said:
LoneWizard said:
Previously on BnHA - 2 minutes
OP- 1,5 minutes
ED - 2 minutes

24 - 5,5=18,5 minutes....I guess i am getting way too spoiled by Re:Zero but this is insane...This is not frickin Naruto,this is not a 100 episode long arc,this didnt come back from a hiatus,this is not a long running shounen...This was just sad...

Well if they did differently the pacing would be fucked even more and they would have to drag things down with more filler scenes. Do you want fillers instead?
Hmmm let me think...Do i want 2 minutes of content i've already watched thus will skip or fillers that i might or might not skip...

Is that even a choice?Ofc fillers are better than NOTHING which is recap of previous week in this case...They are just being lazy...
Jun 13, 2016 5:09 PM

Dec 2015
LoneWizard said:
KonoYume said:

Well if they did differently the pacing would be fucked even more and they would have to drag things down with more filler scenes. Do you want fillers instead?
Hmmm let me think...Do i want 2 minutes of content i've already watched thus will skip or fillers that i might or might not skip...

Is that even a choice?Ofc fillers are better than NOTHING which is recap of previous week in this case...They are just being lazy...

No fillers are either unskippable and fuck the pacing even more. No point in adding scenes that could change the events of the arc. At least recap, opening and the ending are skippable and you have proper manga content being adapted properly eventhough the new content is smaller. The thing is that they want to end this season at the end of that arc so it's better that than padding things even more in the core content.

I've noticed you seem to post only to complain. Do you have a particular grudge against this series or what? :>
Jun 13, 2016 5:31 PM

Jan 2014
KonoYume said:
No fillers are either unskippable and fuck the pacing even more. No point in adding scenes that could change the events of the arc. At least recap, opening and the ending are skippable and you have proper manga content being adapted properly eventhough the new content is smaller. The thing is that they want to end this season at the end of that arc so it's better that than padding things even more in the core content.

I've noticed you seem to post only to complain. Do you have a particular grudge against this series or what? :>
So far only commented on 4 episode discussions,one was me complimenting the "All for One" as a cool and unique skill in such a setting ,others were about the show being predictable and Kacchan being an annoying character with incredible ego which are something you cant argue against...I cant lie,i xomment what i see about that episode...So far this series was a decent above average one,will probably get a 6 from me,that 6 would be at least a 7 but unfortunatley this will be a one cour unfinished battle shounen adaptation...

And subjectively speaking: no,there is literally 0 merit to recaps while fillers have advantages and disadvantages...Its just an extra 50 mb i downloaded for nothing...I would prefer the shittiest filler or episode just being 22 minutes...

I understand that you are overjoyed by seeing something you like getting adapted but try to not be blinded by it...
Jun 13, 2016 5:36 PM

Nov 2015
That was amazing!!! Probably my favourite episode so far, cant wait for next week!
Jun 13, 2016 5:42 PM

Dec 2015
LoneWizard said:
KonoYume said:

So far only commented on 4 episode discussions,one was me complimenting the "All for One" as a cool and unique skill in such a setting ,others were about the show being predictable and Kacchan being an annoying character with incredible ego which are something you cant argue against...I cant lie,i xomment what i see about that episode...So far this series was a decent above average one,will probably get a 6 from me,that 6 would be at least a 7 but unfortunatley this will be a one cour unfinished battle shounen adaptation...

And subjectively speaking: no,there is literally 0 merit to recaps while fillers have advantages and disadvantages...Its just an extra 50 mb i downloaded for nothing...I would prefer the shittiest filler or episode just being 22 minutes...

I understand that you are overjoyed by seeing something you like getting adapted but try to not be blinded by it...

What's wrong with a series being predictable ?
What's wrong with having an annoying character? Kacchan is probably the most interesting character though but oh well...
Please no shitty filler, manga purists will complain and that would damper the quality.

What the hell are you talking about?
So far this series is a 8 for me, sure this series has nothing new for the genre, but it has a solid execution and that's all that matters really (eventhough the concept has been done to death already).
Sure it's generic, but it does the underdog story rather well so far.

Nah I just checked the manga (haven't read it prior the anime) and it adapts it almost perfectly and I have no doubt they will end it that way.
KonoYumeJun 13, 2016 5:45 PM
Jun 13, 2016 5:58 PM

Jan 2014
KonoYume said:
What's wrong with having an annoying character?
Everything?Nothing?Depends on your taste mate...I am simply saying thats how it is and I,personally dont like it...Thats why episode discussions exist right?Tell what you like and dont like...

KonoYume said:
So far this series is a 8 for me, sure this series has nothing new for the genre, but it has a solid execution and that's all that matters really (eventhough the concept has been done to death already).
What the hell am i talking about?Well,its good that you are enjoying it at least...

Let me tell you one thing tho,there is no story so far...Introducing the setting and character is not a story...Maybe it will have a great story later on but so far we only got introduced to the universe...
Jun 13, 2016 6:09 PM

Dec 2015
LoneWizard said:
KonoYume said:
What's wrong with having an annoying character?
Everything?Nothing?Depends on your taste mate...I am simply saying thats how it is and I,personally dont like it...Thats why episode discussions exist right?Tell what you like and dont like...

KonoYume said:
What the hell am i talking about?Well,its good that you are enjoying it at least...

Let me tell you one thing tho,there is no story so far...Introducing the setting and character is not a story...Maybe it will have a great story later on but so far we only got introduced to the universe...

Have you heard of origin story? That's the kind of story this one has. It's basically the typical "Hero's Journey" that's being shown here.
Yea it looks like there's no plot but that's because this kind of stories (like Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn per example) needs more episodes to develop this kind of story. That's probably what I don't like about this series at all. It needs more episodes. 13 episodes are definitely not enough.
Yea well it's just a set up for potential future seasons which will surely happen sooner or later with the manga's popularity.
Though I gotta admit the slow pacing is good (for the development of the characters) but is also drawback for the enjoyment of some since it only has 13 episodes.
KonoYumeJun 13, 2016 6:15 PM
Jun 13, 2016 6:32 PM

Aug 2013
Is it true the anime is a huge disappointment in Japan? In what aspect? Surprised to see that.
Jun 13, 2016 6:39 PM

Dec 2015
TheKingMitsui said:
Is it true the anime is a huge disappointment in Japan? In what aspect? Surprised to see that.

Apparently It looks to be that but I'm not sure if it's actually right or wrong. Maybe because this series (or the themes of the americanized superhero story) doesn't do well in Japan or that they expected something completely different from the genre like Next Holy Grail of the shounen genre thanks to all this fucking hype.
Yea that's the hype that led to disappointment but that doesn't change the quality of the series imo.
Jun 13, 2016 7:46 PM
Nov 2015
LoneWizard said:
Previously on BnHA - 2 minutes
OP- 1,5 minutes
ED - 2 minutes

24 - 5,5=18,5 minutes....I guess i am getting way too spoiled by Re:Zero but this is insane...This is not frickin Naruto,this is not a 100 episode long arc,this didnt come back from a hiatus,this is not a long running shounen...This was just sad...

They started the production with its ending point already in mind, chapter 21. Bones could adapt more chapters easily, but theres no good ending point for the season 1 after the chapter 21 because the next arc is 22 chapters long. These "previously on" are the way they used to cut off some time and make the pacing of 2 chapters "fit" in 1 episode.

But one good thing you can assume is that the pace can be better if they adapt the next two arcs (37 chapters) for the second season.
Jun 13, 2016 7:52 PM
Jun 2013
Finally, I'm hype to see what happens next.
Jun 13, 2016 10:59 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode as usual. Went by fast.
Jun 14, 2016 2:07 AM

May 2010
At last the All Might fight we've all been waiting for! The Ice/Heat Guy is very powerful indeed. Liked the ep, had some good moments!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2016 3:11 AM

Jun 2015
I haven't read the original manga, but I feel like bones does an excellent adaption.
Best episode so far, where is season 2?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 14, 2016 4:39 AM

Sep 2013
KonoYume said:
that they expected something completely different from the genre like Next Holy Grail of the shounen genre thanks to all this fucking hype.

Yeah I'm absolutely positive japanese people read MAL /s
They already pretty much said that they're disappointed because of the slow pace. The manga is a giant hit in Japan and is constantly well.
Jun 14, 2016 5:42 AM

Dec 2015
ArtemisFlow said:
KonoYume said:
that they expected something completely different from the genre like Next Holy Grail of the shounen genre thanks to all this fucking hype.

Yeah I'm absolutely positive japanese people read MAL /s
They already pretty much said that they're disappointed because of the slow pace. The manga is a giant hit in Japan and is constantly well.

Well I'm just saying...
Why would they be disapointed if the manga is adapted well and not rushed? Isnt that what matters at the end? Cause at least it's.pretty much guarranteed a second season anyway. As a manga reader (which I'm not in this case) I wouldnt want the content to be rushed and you know what that leads if that happens.
Jun 14, 2016 5:48 AM

Jun 2013
Whoa, does that mean Deku finally controlled his All Might powers? His arm didn't go extra-crispy this time.

However, handy man noticed his Smash was similar to All Might's. It might be bad news for Deku but hopefully, he can get a few good hits in.
臭い-
Jun 14, 2016 8:11 AM

Apr 2016
I really enjoyed this episode it had me wondering me at the edge of seat this whole time. 5/5 for me

side note: is anyone else sad that boku no hero academia has been confirmed not to get a season 2? here is the link http://www.shareonfb.com/w32rv9/Anime_Studio_Bones_Confirms_Boku_No_Hero_Acad

another side note: for manga readers please vote for your favorite my hero academia manga arc here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1513035&show=0#post1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2016 9:55 AM

Oct 2014
Woah, I realised that the pace is quite slow...but I still enjoyed it!

Kenna_Pyralis said:
side note: is anyone else sad that boku no hero academia has been confirmed not to get a season 2? here is the link http://www.shareonfb.com/w32rv9/Anime_Studio_Bones_Confirms_Boku_No_Hero_Acad
Oh, how could you... :3
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Jun 14, 2016 4:10 PM

Jun 2015
oh boy oh boy oh boy I was on the edge of my seat. Poor Aizawa-sensei. Is it because I love him? Is it because I thought of him as another Kakashi?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 14, 2016 6:15 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Wonderful episode. So much tension in this one.

All Might did not look happy. He always smiles, but this time he's not messing around. His fight in the manga was great, and looking at the preview it looks like it's going to be just as great.
Jun 14, 2016 8:06 PM

Nov 2015
Intense episode with all the fights.

Jun 15, 2016 2:07 AM

Jan 2016
This show is fuckin amazing
Easily the best out of this season.
Jun 15, 2016 3:31 AM

Feb 2016
Wait guys , did i read the sub wrong ?
That sub zero student said he let the villian in ? So he's the one who helped them ? And later he was like wanting to kill all mighty ? Wtf ?

I though that gate guy who couldn't capture iida is the one who got the villians in .

Man i shouldn't have watched at 2 a.m lol
Great ep though
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jun 15, 2016 4:04 AM

Dec 2012
Aizawa was badass until the end. The last minutes of the episode were intense with the action and the beautiful OSTs. Such an awesome anime.
All Might is here now, and for once, he is angry.
Jun 15, 2016 4:27 AM

Jul 2013
hisokathebutcher said:
That sub zero student said he let the villian in ? So he's the one who helped them ? And later he was like wanting to kill all mighty ? Wtf ?

I though that gate guy who couldn't capture iida is the one who got the villians in .

Great ep though

You read wrong.
He didn't do that.
Jun 15, 2016 4:53 AM

Feb 2016
Guilek said:
hisokathebutcher said:

Great ep though

You read wrong.
He didn't do that.

At 5:17 voice says while the camera on the sub hero dude : where is he ? I went through this trouble of bringing this whole crowd , too .

It seems the villian with the hands is the one who said that line , then the sub hero student start wondering how will they kill all mighty and i thought their voices are similar .

my bad i should have just rewatch that part again instead of spaning shit lol
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jun 15, 2016 2:07 PM

May 2014
Episode was interesting in terms of how the characters used their powers but other that, I found the rest of it meh.
Jun 15, 2016 3:16 PM
Feb 2016
All Might is in some trouble, regardless of how angry he is. That bioengineered villain took a smash from Izuku without any effect. Izuku has most of All Might's strength. Not to mention All Might admitted to feeling slower and weaker, which will only progress as Izuku gains control over the All Power. Izuku just threw a punch without any ill effects to his body, so that means All Might must be growing even weaker. Not looking good for All Might.
Jun 15, 2016 7:38 PM

Mar 2016
Jeez, this episode was intense! It felt like the episode was over so quickly.

It was really cool seeing the other characters quirks in action. I've been curious about what Momo's quick is for awhile. I was not expecting creation, but still that's cool...& kinda funny considering she ends up ripping her clothes lol.

Aizawa is such a badass. It was sad seeing him being tortured.

Can't wait to see the shit that goes down next episode! I kinda want to just go & start reading the manga now just to see what happens, but I shall contain the hype.
Jun 15, 2016 9:53 PM

Jun 2013
Loved the episode and thought that the building up of the villains as legitimate threats was fantastic.

One minor hole in the villain plan though: Deku and Kachan both could have used their quirks to just break through the arena walls hypothetically to get out without the warp guy being able to realistically notice or stop them.
Jun 16, 2016 6:28 AM

Jun 2015
All Might to save a day... in the next episode. x3

Very good episode, best one since they were all locked inside. Aizawa is so cool. <3
Jun 16, 2016 6:50 AM

Dec 2013
i still can't get used to Asui's voice because i imagined her having a sweet voice when reading the manga
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 16, 2016 3:58 PM

Jun 2015
This episode was hella intense. I really felt the emotion whirling up inside me as I was feeling worried for the characters. Hot damn
Jun 16, 2016 5:44 PM

Mar 2009
I want to marry Tsuyu.
Jun 17, 2016 11:20 PM

Apr 2014
Wow just wow! This was such an epic episode! Shit gave me goose bumps the hole time! EraserHead got the fuck beat outta him, I thought for sure Deku was gonna bust that niggah in two when he was about to land a hit on frog girl. I'm in love with this show! I can't wait for the next episode! I'm gonna be so sad while waiting for season 2 xD. I'm so fucking glad their not little bitches in this show with people getting hurt(i.e. EraserHead bleeding all over the place), like in Naruto niggahs getting the piss beat outta them and yet theirs not a drop of blood or its a small smudge on their lip. Niggahs take a rasengan to the stomach and all it does is rip their clothes, yet if it hits anything else it completely obliterates it >.>.
Jun 19, 2016 5:38 AM

Aug 2012
Typical shounen villain, stopped halfway to obliterate their enemies because their target just barely showed up. But I didn't want Tsuyu-chan getting killed either so it's fine ( ̄▽ ̄)

TRUE hero always comes late ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Jun 23, 2016 10:42 AM

Dec 2014
lmao the invisible guy trying to be stealthy then he just gives up his position by shouting at the last second?
Jun 25, 2016 9:43 AM

May 2010
Deku controlled his smash, finally!

Also, Kaminari seems my type of character, need more of him!
Jun 29, 2016 7:56 PM

Dec 2009
Deku finally controls a smash and the buff guy is just like "whatever"

Like common man, give Deku something.
Jul 2, 2016 7:59 AM

May 2012
Lol that ending! Pretty intense episode, let's see what's next!
Jul 2, 2016 11:27 AM

Jun 2009
Now THAT'S what I'm talkihng about!

It took long enough but we FINALLY get an absolutely amazing episode. This is the first time where I want to watch the next episode immediately. Keep it up!
Jul 2, 2016 8:16 PM

Sep 2015
Wish I could get more into this show, I think the action scenes were a little stronger here. Particularly Eraser Head just getting his ass beat, that was brutal. I also thought there was some decent tension near the climax, like I didn't expect Tsu to die but maybe she was going to get horribly disfigured or something. And I liked how they upped the ante by having Deku pull off All Might's smash and the big hulk monster just straight ate that shit. All Might's gonna be in trouble next time, since he's already in a weakened state.

But all in all, I just thought not enough happened by the end of this episode. I still don't particularly find any of the villains interesting, and I don't like that many of the heroes either truthfully. Also the scene where Iida has to go run get the other teachers was tortuous. I wanted to yell at the screen, and not in wow this is so intense way, more of a stop wasting my damn time way. Oh well, I still really like All Might can't wait to see him clean house next time.
Jul 8, 2016 3:23 AM

Mar 2015
Getting past the Bakugo shenanigans this show is really starting to pick it up and get real good!! All Might arriving in the nick of time.. looks like he'll be taking on the bio-engineered Nomu feller
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 8, 2016 3:24 PM

Aug 2014
I agree with Shigaraki...Aizawa-sensei was truly cool there.

Badass entry from All Might.
KashKetchumJul 8, 2016 5:03 PM
Jul 14, 2016 9:40 PM

Nov 2015
Freaking awesome episode!

Actually thought frog girl was a goner for a sec...
Jul 17, 2016 4:02 AM

Apr 2014
THAT WAS INTENSE
I 💙 AIZAWA
kekeke he was so cool
Jul 18, 2016 10:17 PM

Apr 2016
Feels a bit drawn out for the sake of having an extra episode. But it was cool to see more fighting against the bad guys.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jul 21, 2016 8:08 AM

Feb 2015
Most of the episode consisted of the facerolling of incompetent baddies, not very engaging. I also disliked how Izuku and the other two just sat watching there as Eraser got his butt kicked by Nomu (who's pretty cool for a villain I might add). So many opportunities for awesome action scenes, and we get nothing. Very disappointed.
Jul 23, 2016 1:15 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode imo. Can't wait to see how all might will deal with the situation
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

421 by jumbosan »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.