Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 28, 2016 2:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whao, that was quite a tense case.

Also more evidence gathering...at any rate, I thought the episode was alright. I can't help laugh at that parrot though. Such a priceless moment.
May 28, 2016 4:01 AM
Jan 2016
They should have kept the person who supervised the animation in episodes 5-8 to the remaining episodes. There are some scenes with great cinematography, but the drawings in certain frames are wonky.

Although it is good to see that it has an alright pacing. They just need to make those transitions smoother. We should also have the remaining 6 episodes for the first cour allotted to the 4th case. Nice to confirm that the next episode isn't the last.

I have mixed feelings in this episode. I hope next episode does step up from here.
May 28, 2016 5:01 AM

Jan 2015
"Prosecutor Karuma is ten times as vicious as I". Well thank you for the "half" warning.
I guess that's why Reiji said Karuma Go is twenty time more vicious than him. Even that Head Judge "stand no chance" against him. But aside from his twewnty times vicious, I found that his finger-clicking is also twenty times more annoying than Reiji's cold attitude. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 28, 2016 5:26 AM

Nov 2015
Well Karuma Go was a complete dickhead. That's what really meant when Reiji said he was more "vicious" than him.

Nonetheless a stupid but kind of good ep, the logic in the courthouse was really stupid, how the prosecutor kept cutting every line.

More clues, I hope this case gets bigger and have nice end. Good points by Mayoi and Ryuuichi there, helping to keep the case afloat.

Hmmm, the parrot has something to say. Also lol at the lochness discovery and the wacky photographer/journalist too.
May 28, 2016 5:53 AM

Dec 2013
Von Karma was ruthless! Those finger snaps were scary!

Poor Maya got arrested again. How many police do they have just waiting outside? Wtf?

Those wind blasts are still stupid tbh

That parrot at the end was funny and leaked a pretty big piece of info.

Can't wait for a certain someone to come to the rescue next episode lol
May 28, 2016 5:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I am loving this case so damn much

Karuma Go has an ego the size of North and South America combined but I guess that's what happens when everyone in the courtroom are too fickle and let you have your way all the time

Regardless, it made me very happy to see Phoenix get that initial win on him....The reporter girl is such an idiot lol, I'm gonna miss her though
May 28, 2016 6:02 AM
Jan 2013
^If season 2 is adapted right, you'll see her, twice!

Can we make a donation/petition to stop those wind-flame battle attacks?

Anyway, there's something missing from the anime, there's something but I can't quite figure it out...
May 28, 2016 6:14 AM

Apr 2013
More gust attacks thrown around the courtroom! Seriously. they are way overused in this episode.

Once again they cannot make Gumshoe look right, during the scene where he scanned Wright's Attorney Badge with his metal detector, he looked emaciated. Gumshoe is a big man, come on.

Future episodes prediction:
Lord_OdousMay 28, 2016 6:22 AM

May 28, 2016 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
Von Karma is so ruthless!

The parrot at the end was funny!
May 28, 2016 6:41 AM
Apr 2014
They did a good job capturing Manfred Von Cunt's ruthless nature, but they really rush the fuck out of the investigations.
Next episode will get even more ridiculous with the parrot.
May 28, 2016 7:32 AM

Jul 2009
End of the episode was a bit of a disappointment. Hoping Nick and Maya talking to the parrot next episode is kept as true to the game as possible.

Also is this anime making anyone else wanna replay the games? xD
May 28, 2016 7:54 AM
Dec 2010
The "don't forget the DL-6" line should be after conversation with the old guy, not before.
It's the small, pointless changes like this that ruin this adaptation.

The rest of the episode was pretty good though.
May 28, 2016 7:57 AM

Dec 2014
Kuruma GO is such a jerk using everything in the court to favor his side..... I think maybe Karuma is the killer or at least he is connected to him
May 28, 2016 8:31 AM

Mar 2013
Akio Ohtsuka is great as von Karma. Too bad design not even slightly intimidating and I'm not even talking about art at this point. Then again, since anime adapts two games, he has a mid-boss treatment here.
May 28, 2016 8:39 AM

Aug 2012
xizor said:
The "don't forget the DL-6" line should be after conversation with the old guy, not before.
Yeah I know that feeling. It completely caught me off guard when I first played this case. Sadly I didn't get the same feel when watching this episode.

Talim said:

Me. Because I already forgot many scenes, but after watching the anime, it's all starting to came back to me bit by bit and I wanted to replay so much. Sadly I just couldn't find the right time for it lol
May 28, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
That trial was so retarded, that I almost thought about dropping this anime. Nevertheless, the case becomes even more interesting.
Bernkishi07May 28, 2016 8:47 AM
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 28, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
Game design:

Anime:

WFT happened there?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 28, 2016 11:16 AM

Jun 2014
Even the judge can't do or say shit against von Karma. What a boss, even though he's a dick. Pretty interesting revelation at the end there with that parrot. I'm seeing people say that it wasn't supposed to say that line until after they talked to the old man, but they probably did it this way in order to have a good cliffhanger.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 28, 2016 11:18 AM

Feb 2015
the first half was really intense or more like really hyped. i really like the first half. non-stop objection xD but damn that old man pissed me off so badly. poor Mayoi got taken just because of stupid reason. i wonder what will happen in the next episode.
looking foward for the next episode :D
May 28, 2016 12:33 PM

Jan 2015
Maya/Mayoi is who said this in game, why put more on his shoulders? He has enough already

Despite the design, I liked Karma/Karuma, personality, voice, hand gesture all fits to him though.
May 28, 2016 1:11 PM
Dec 2011
They've adapted this case very well so far. The character interactions outside the courtroom are great and Lotta is more likable than in the game. I think it's partially due to the VA making her sound a lot nicer than I would've imagined.
May 28, 2016 1:12 PM
Jan 2013
xizor said:

Agreed.
May 28, 2016 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
is it the first time they put the cornered theme?

xizor said:

i agree, which is why i found the parrot scene so disappointing. I don't really know what's the point of changing it from the original game
May 28, 2016 1:28 PM

Mar 2013
Amazing this is what I like to see an intense case (well for now but it should get really intense later), the cornered theme playing, use of effects, and Objections left and right. seriously though I liked the court scenes in this one it felt closer to the actual game than some of the previous one's.
May 28, 2016 2:15 PM

Apr 2016
It's weird to say the show is getting better with each episode, but that's honestly what I'm seeing on-screen. Still not the quality of, say, the Danganronpa or Persona 4 adaptations, but I think it works better standalone rather than for fans of the game, which is ironic since the story is the saving grace here.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
May 28, 2016 2:39 PM
Jan 2015
ahhh i enjoyed that confrontation with von karma at the beginning of the episode >:). lotta and gumshoe were pretty adorable too.
i wonder how many episodes this case will be. i hope they don't wrap it up too quickly.
May 28, 2016 3:41 PM

Jun 2015
In what court did Go work for 40 years? Iran? Nazi Germany?
May 28, 2016 4:17 PM

Dec 2012
Karuma sure is intimidating. Even the judge is afraid of him- Lol
Those are some intense finger snaps.
Mayoi getting a chance to say Objection, but got thrown out of court.

Naruhodo managing to get another day to investigate.
Looks like the mystery of Gourdy has been solved. Turns out it was a deflated Steel Samurai.
The parrot makes an appearance. Hmmm DL-6.
Santoryu_XBurnerMay 28, 2016 4:25 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 28, 2016 4:21 PM

Apr 2015
Talim said:

I literally finished the first game via the Ace Attorney Trilogy on 3DS right before this anime started
May 28, 2016 8:38 PM

Dec 2012
The guy at the end is definitely the killer
May 28, 2016 9:38 PM

Jul 2009
glamazon said:
is it the first time they put the cornered theme?

xizor said:

i agree, which is why i found the parrot scene so disappointing. I don't really know what's the point of changing it from the original game

They just wanted to end the episode on some sort of cliffhanger I suppose, and they thought that was the best part for it. Not their best idea though..
May 28, 2016 11:50 PM

Aug 2015
ugh, that clicking is annoying.
May 29, 2016 4:17 AM
Jan 2015
I really like the wind blasts to be honest, it makes things even more intense. In the games it always feels like your objections pack a serious punch during certain moments.
May 29, 2016 5:23 AM

Jan 2008
Comic_Sans said:
Game design:

Anime:

WFT happened there?

I say that because Manfred doesn't look like a standard bishounen guy, these second-rate animators are losing their shit by just making him barely humanoid. This or the whole budget went into animating Larry's hair in episode 8. From the episode 10 sneak peek it's apparent they didn't learn how to draw him yet.

To be honest tough, this show became a little better. Not "good", but better than the first two and half of a case. They are still rushing it to the max and the director has no clue what tension in story-telling means, but at least hey are trying to add humour. And for the love of God, I hope they are not going to add Rise From the Ashes, because it's long as hell (hell is long). If they do it and spend on it at least 3 episodes, Justice For All also will be rushed terribly.
May 29, 2016 5:44 AM

May 2015
Probably the best case so far, without a doubt. Things are turning even more interesting. Can't wait to see the rest of this case. Good episode.

May 29, 2016 8:12 AM
Feb 2013
This anime may not be the best looking, art and quality wise, and it could of been done much better as an adaptation, but it is still far more interesting than a lot of other animes. Does not deserve such a low rating.
May 29, 2016 9:34 AM

Jan 2015
KendiKong said:
This anime may not be the best looking, art and quality wise, and it could of been done much better as an adaptation, but it is still far more interesting than a lot of other animes. Does not deserve such a low rating.

Agree, a lot of "worth nothing" gets at least a 7/10 or ++++ easily
May 29, 2016 2:22 PM

Oct 2012
Stupid episode, the way Karuma Go directed the Court and Judge was just apalling and I hated that developement. What for is the Court when you are doing what you want (even though this is a parody.. cause even parody has it bounds). Rather than charismatic badass he seemed like bossy prick who is unable to follow the even basic court rules and act as normal lawyer.

inb4 parrot as crown witness

Let's hope the next episode will be better.
May 30, 2016 4:13 AM

Dec 2012
Karuma is so annoying, he win because he prohibits the others from speaking. The pacing of this episode was alright, better than the previous.
May 30, 2016 7:52 AM
Feb 2013
Mich666 said:
Stupid episode, the way Karuma Go directed the Court and Judge was just apalling and I hated that developement. What for is the Court when you are doing what you want (even though this is a parody.. cause even parody has it bounds). Rather than charismatic badass he seemed like bossy prick who is unable to follow the even basic court rules and act as normal lawyer.

inb4 parrot as crown witness

Let's hope the next episode will be better.

I don't know, even normal lawyers would just do everything they can to to prevent the other from using their evidence, etc. Using objections as many times as they can to interrupt their flow. Not letting the other side say anything that seems irrelevant to the case. I don't know if you watch any lawyer shows, but seems like normal dirty lawyer tactics to me.

And manfred is a 40 year, undefeated veteran, so he's using his prestige and power to his advantage. It really isn't such an unlikely scenario.
KendiKongMay 30, 2016 8:01 AM
May 30, 2016 11:13 AM
Jul 2014
Random question, is this season ending with the Edgeworth case or will they be adapting the Rise from the Ashes case that was on the Nintendo DS rerelease?
May 30, 2016 2:12 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm...I wish they mentioned that Von Karma always wins his cases on the first day, which is why he got pissed at the end of Day 1 when the case was postponed.

In any case, rushing as usual, they left out many of the funny moments during the investigation part such as the fireworks and the dog.

Also, with this rushing they kind of make Phoenix look like a doofus again - in the game at least he can make plenty of good arguments but here they reduce it to just a couple the most important of which was pointed out by Maya.
May 30, 2016 5:58 PM

Dec 2013
Low_Ki said:
Random question, is this season ending with the Edgeworth case or will they be adapting the Rise from the Ashes case that was on the Nintendo DS rerelease?

They probably won't be adapting it but it is uncertain at this point.
May 30, 2016 7:49 PM
Aug 2015
If they're keeping it a 12 episodes and during this pace,
They may have to rush the 5th case... unless it's going to be longer. I never played episode 5 and finished episode 4 (lol)
May 31, 2016 2:13 AM
Jul 2014
I'm on episode 5 on my replay and it's pretty big. Think it's actually longer than this case.
May 31, 2016 1:25 PM
Mar 2016
You know if Karuma Go tell the court to make a judgment,that would get him debarred.
Jun 1, 2016 7:40 AM

Jul 2009
Pi-Pikachu said:
If they're keeping it a 12 episodes and during this pace,
They may have to rush the 5th case... unless it's going to be longer. I never played episode 5 and finished episode 4 (lol)
It's gunna be 2 cours. So like 24ish episodes. They're planning to adapt both the first and second games. Not sure if they're gunna be doing the 5th case (Rise of the Ashes) though. Cause yeah, that one's pretty long.
Jun 2, 2016 4:33 AM

Nov 2015
Good episode I liked this case that Karuma guy is ruthless

Jun 3, 2016 7:00 PM
Aug 2008
Manfred von Karma's design is ugly. The last bit of the trial was exciting. Gumshoe still looks like plastic. Next episode should be good.

Jun 5, 2016 12:53 AM

Jul 2008
Von Karma...is a slimeball, but justice is coming.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.