Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
May 27, 2016 5:45 AM
Sep 2014
Just like the title said.
May 30, 2016 4:16 AM

Mar 2012
I guess they can judging from Satou's appearance for example. I think they'd probably die from aging but get revived again. Since aging is just another way to die it's the same as them getting shot or something.
May 30, 2016 6:50 PM
Sep 2014
Yukkicchi said:
I guess they can judging from Satou's appearance for example. I think they'd probably die from aging but get revived again. Since aging is just another way to die it's the same as them getting shot or something.

Then, it suck, isn't it? I mean, when we got old, usually the stamina and mind can not work as great as when we young. What if ajin also progress the same way as normal human when they old? Although could live forever, but live as a weak being, if it is me, I think I will devastated. Living just like hell for me.
May 30, 2016 10:08 PM
May 2016
PinkyRibbon said:
Yukkicchi said:

Then, it suck, isn't it? I mean, when we got old, usually the stamina and mind can not work as great as when we young. What if ajin also progress the same way as normal human when they old? Although could live forever, but live as a weak being, if it is me, I think I will devastated. Living just like hell for me.
but for Satou, he is strong just like a man in younger years despite of having an old appearance. So I think, they age but their body is still strong.
Jun 1, 2016 7:12 PM

Oct 2010
Yukkicchi said:
I guess they can judging from Satou's appearance for example.

It is canonically true that Ajin age, but Satou could have been both a senior and immune to further aging. The man born with a bad leg had it before he became an Ajin, so he regenerates with a bad leg. If Satou was 65 when he became an Ajin, he could regenerate at 65 forever. (If handled realistically, this would imply a fixed fitness level.) A comparable thing happened in the Doctor Who two-part episode The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances ("Are you my mummy?").

Ajin do continue to age in the manga, though.

pijayz said:
This is just my speculation, but it would seem that an Ajin will only regenerate if the cause of death is an irregularity to the natural aging of a human. What I mean by that is that the only way an Ajin can die permanently is through old age.

^ Above quote from https://www.reddit.com/r/AjinManga/comments/46yunk/question_what_happens_when_ajin_age/
Jun 2, 2016 5:39 AM

Mar 2012
nDroae said:

pijayz said:
This is just my speculation, but it would seem that an Ajin will only regenerate if the cause of death is an irregularity to the natural aging of a human. What I mean by that is that the only way an Ajin can die permanently is through old age.

^ Above quote from https://www.reddit.com/r/AjinManga/comments/46yunk/question_what_happens_when_ajin_age/

That might be true. Since the existence of Ajin isn't researched for a long time they probably hadn't cases like this before when Ajin died of aging, or those dying from age weren't noticed as Ajin so even Ajin like Satou can't know it. If the ability of Ajin only exists to prevent unnatural death it might be true that it doesn't affect natural death.

Another idea of mine would be that an Ajin would get revived indeed but simply into a different body state. Since if you die from high age (like 80-90 years) and get revived to that age again you'll likely die again. So like OP I think that getting revived at high age again is pretty pointless. It'd make more sense if after dying at high age you'd get revived as a newborn or simply on a prior stage of your life.
Aug 29, 2016 1:26 PM

Mar 2011
Of course they age. How do you think the MC got to 17 year old if he didn't age he would remain a child forever or rather a baby.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.