Forum Settings
Forums

Erdoğan calls on Europe to take in more Syrian refugees .

New
May 24, 2016 8:22 PM

Jan 2012
In an article for the Guardian, Turkish president says Europe not doing enough to redistribute the 3 million Syrians living in Turkey

The Turkish president has asked Europe to welcome more of the 3 million refugees currently living in Turkey, as the main group campaigning to take Britain out of the EU suggested that higher levels of immigration from Turkey could pose a security risk if the country is admitted to the EU

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Sunday that Europe was not doing enough to shoulder the refugee burden in Turkey, which now holds more refugees than any other country in the world, after the Syrian civil war forced 2.7 million Syrians to flee northwards across the Turkish border.

“As the Syrian civil war enters its sixth year, we are calling on the world to rise to the challenge and create a fair mechanism for sharing the burden,” Erdoğan wrote.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/23/erdogan-calls-on-europe-to-take-in-more-syrian-refugees
----------------------------------------------
i think some countries in eu have already taken more than they can , Sweden for example the prime minster said bf we reached our limit.
well anyway

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 24, 2016 8:53 PM

Sep 2015
i hate this guy so much. president of a shit hole but thinks he's the big deal. instead of asking him to do what we want why not make him do it? turkey won't last long once we start using trade embargoes....

May 25, 2016 12:44 AM
Feb 2012
And that, boys and girls, is what happens if you decide to strike a deal with a psychopath. Good job, Merkel and Europe!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 25, 2016 12:47 AM
Oct 2010
It is unfathomable to me that Turkish people still vote for this gollum-wannabe and support his circle of nepotism and corruption. Then again, this may be the only thing preventing me from taking public office in Turkey; who knows.
May 25, 2016 12:52 AM

Mar 2014
Well guess what, Mister ISIS bootlicker?

WE DON'T WANT TO!

SO FUCK YOUR SHIT!
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 25, 2016 12:53 AM

Apr 2015
I like this guy. He knows how to make people mad.
#CHEXIT
May 25, 2016 12:54 AM

Apr 2016
Personally I'd hate for a similar migrant crime wave that hit Germany and other countries to happen in my country because we foolishly let in people we can't properly vet because, as sad as it is, they were displaced.

If he cares so much he should keep the 3 million he has or help put a goddamn end to the problem that started this.

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.