Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent episode, we got more spy mystery in addition to bit of shady behind the scenes network dealing with underworld businesses.

I thought the murder was planned out rather cleverly even if it's in cold blood. Goes to show that no one can be trusted in this time period. The way chess is used in this series to present character personalities seems somewhat interesting to me.
Stark700May 24, 2016 10:16 AM
May 24, 2016 10:39 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, this episode's full about observe and more observe activity and no real "action" unlike any recent episodes.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 24, 2016 10:49 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
A second agency next to ours! Are they competing?

Two different mindsets: 1. Don't die, don't kill 2. Kill without hesitation and die when needed
May 24, 2016 10:57 AM

Nov 2015
Finally a interesting ep with a goal in mindset of the makers...

Two agencies with different ideals competing for the ultimate goal of information.

It was nice to see how chess is used to depict the situations and the characters from the start of the anime.

The spy stuff and the murder was done well, hoping the next ep will be more intense required by the dire situation everybody's in now.
May 24, 2016 11:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was the most thrilling and interesting episode to date

We finally have antagonists and who would have thought that it would be a rival spy agency with ideals and training that are the complete opposite of D-Agency

I loved this episode so much lol
May 24, 2016 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
Hmm this was definitely the best ep so far, but poor betrayer-kun got backstabbed (literally) by MC-kun D:
May 24, 2016 11:23 AM

May 2015
I still don't Remember their Names. Damn they're really good at the spy business.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2014
Good Episode, Really interesting with a lot of investigation and observation going on in the background.

Though killing the butler seems quite merciless.

Didn't understand why the Wind Agency guy thought that a spy agency using normal citizens was preposterous? Aren't spies supposed to use whatever they have to gain information?

Our D spy(He was from the D agency right?Damn, It's hard to remember these faces xD) got into the Wind Agency so he could learn what they're planning I guess. Wonder if he's gonna disrupt the organization from within.
May 24, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
Oh boy, another spy agency. As if it wasn't hard enough to keep track of who's who already. Still, pretty good episode for once.
May 24, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2013
Wind Agency sounds like an assassination agency rather than a spy one.
Mc this ep is the blue suit guy, possible double agent spy send by D agency.

The guy at the gate will play a big role next ep, maybe he's a wind agency spy and will kill blue suit.

May 24, 2016 12:36 PM

May 2015
Wow, great episode. Seems like there's another agency now, in which they don't hesitate to kill. This is getting good man. I felt bad for Chou though. Literally and figuratively backstabbed.

May 24, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2015
ichii_1 said:
Wind Agency sounds like an assassination agency rather than a spy one.
Mc this ep is the blue suit guy, possible double agent spy send by D agency.

The guy at the gate will play a big role next ep, maybe he's a wind agency spy and will kill blue suit.

The blue suit guy killed the guy in the alleyway though right? So it can't be a D-agency man. What I was thinking is the blue suit guy was part of the Wind Agency due to the meeting after the killing took place. The guy said you are now part of the agency (which the wind agency is the only one out of the two in current development, since D-agency already has its spies trained). I honestly don't know who the D-agency guy was in this episode, maybe he is connected to the guy at the gate. Maybe he gave instructions to the MP at the backgate to look suspicious purposefully, but also to gain intel to give him as well. I don't think the spy from the D-agency has made an appearance this episode, but this episode was more of an exposition of the Wind agency. The next episode we will see the D-agency plant and how they compete with one another to be the main spy agency for the imperial army. The ones that don't kill or die no matter what (d-agency) or the ones who kill and are willing to die with honor (wind agency).

Either way I enjoyed this episode, unlike the last episode for some reason.
May 24, 2016 1:07 PM

Feb 2015
Interesting and enjoyable episode imo.

"Kill without hesitation. Die with horor" - Wind Agency

"Don't die. Don't kill" - D-Agency

the exact opposite from D-Agency.
looks like we got a rival here LOL
in my opinion, that is pretty interesting for the last 4 episode of this series.
looking foward for the next episode.
May 24, 2016 1:14 PM

May 2015
Good good, this is the kind of stuff I wanted, finally no episodic plot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2016 1:20 PM

Feb 2014
D-Agency has a rival who shares the same goals, but with a different mindset.

D-Agency's motto is "Don't die. Don't kill.", while this new Wind Agency's motto is "Kill without hesitation. Die with honour."

At first, it would seem that the Wind Agency is more gung ho at achieving their goals compared to D-Agency, but as long as they succeed, then it won't matter to them.

The chess game was pretty intriguing though. Who would've though you can understand one person's personality almost completely by playing a few rounds of chess against them? =)

A great start to this small arc, and I'm hoping part two continues this good form. =D
May 24, 2016 1:29 PM

Jun 2014
This was definitely the best episode so far. I wish the entire anime was like this, but the episodic stuff wasn't too bad. Looks like we have another spy agency, but their motto/mindset is the total antithesis of the D-Agency. Looking forward to part 2.

@Lelouch0202 I don't think this episode's spy is part of D-Agency, I think he's just a Wind Agency spy. From the second voice in the preview, it sounds like a D-Agency spy should show up next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 24, 2016 2:14 PM

Sep 2014
I always enjoy the missions. I liked how he planned a "Fake robbery" murder. Thought that was clever.
May 24, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
So, they had introduced a rival to the D-Agency who have a total opposite belief of theirs (the Wind Agency kills without hesitation and die with honor if necessary). This must be the best episode without any doubt, as finally we have some kind of plot.
May 24, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
finally they stop the episodic stuff. much better.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
May 24, 2016 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Chou!
May 24, 2016 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
The second two-parter! This ep was pretty good.

Now if only I can figure out which spy it was....
May 24, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
Still don't know who's who like usual but I love how a form of plot is finally happening. I just hope it ends up being worth the wait in the end.
May 24, 2016 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode, was nice to see the contrasts between the 2 agencies. Looks like we are done with the introductions and we will finally have some sort of plot ^^
May 24, 2016 3:50 PM

Feb 2014
Is it bad that we're like 8 episodes in and I don't know which spy is which or what their names are?
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
May 24, 2016 4:01 PM

Sep 2015
It was the parasol! I knew it!

Rocksterrock said:
Is it bad that we're like 8 episodes in and I don't know which spy is which or what their names are?

Just refer to every spy as "that dude from episode *insert number here*" (?).

Ok, I've never liked the whole bad guys vs good guys thing. That twist was pretty dissapointing to me.

At least we finally got a solid episode. And they didn't use the chess game as a cheap resource to look smart like 9327392 other series. In fact, getting someone's personality by the way they play chess is a thing. You can do the same with card games, videogames, sports and the sort.

You just lost the game
May 24, 2016 7:12 PM

May 2015
To make things simpler
sakuma - military spy
hatano - flour bomb spy
fukumoto - coin spy
kaminaga - tortured spy
tazaki - card deck spy
amari - crosswords spy
gamou - double joker spy
May 24, 2016 8:25 PM

Dec 2014
ok I liked this episode... gotta to see Wind agency... next episode clash between Wind and D agency
May 24, 2016 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
Now, I'm sure it's wanted that all the faces are similar. During the all episode, I was thinking it was a D man. Great episode
May 25, 2016 3:09 AM
Sep 2015
So Gamou isn't a D spy? Man, I'm dissapointed, knowing Yuuki I thought he would be crazy enough to have a spy infiltrate another spy agency.
May 25, 2016 5:56 AM
Mar 2015
zurgboy00 said:
To make things simpler
sakuma - military spy
hatano - flour bomb spy
fukumoto - coin spy
kaminaga - tortured spy
tazaki - card deck spy
amari - crosswords spy
gamou - double joker spy

lol, thanks for this. You read the novels, watched again the first episode and made some notes or just have a really good memory to know all the names ?
nynyciusMay 25, 2016 6:13 AM
May 25, 2016 6:00 AM

Jul 2008
Rocksterrock said:

Nope. Even the Animators said that you should not bother remembering their names. They are all just part of a character called D-Agency tbh, which is no doubt as intended. Seeing as all those spies have the same mindsets and are highly unlikely to get any personal developments, it's not worth remembering them.

TiaDee said:
So Gamou isn't a D spy? Man, I'm dissapointed, knowing Yuuki I thought he would be crazy enough to have a spy infiltrate another spy agency.

Maybe he is and the murder of Chou was a lie. After all, that whole scene was a retelling to the Wind Agency's boss.
May 25, 2016 6:00 AM

Dec 2014
thebrentinator24 said:

@Lelouch0202 I don't think this episode's spy is part of D-Agency, I think he's just a Wind Agency spy. From the second voice in the preview, it sounds like a D-Agency spy should show up next episode.

Thanks for clearing that up, I had my doubts cause I couldn't recognize the guy at all xD
May 25, 2016 6:14 AM
Mar 2016
Could someone help me out.

Towards the end of the show, the Military Police were having a chat in the car. Who were they exactly? Like in terms of rank or how they link to the agencies.

The passenger police knew about Wind-Agency but did not know about D-Agency?
May 25, 2016 7:07 AM

Aug 2015
Liked this episode, but only remembering weeky what happened before makes you forget a lot of characters and the connections aren't that clear anymore. I think it's a better idea to watch it straight thorugh in 1 sitting 12 episodes, so you won't forget who's who.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
May 25, 2016 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
Kenjiro Tsuda doing a splendid job as Mr. Gamou. Like how Wind Agency and D-Agency are contrasting to each other.

So the episodic stuff was really that bad for you? K~
May 25, 2016 7:43 AM

Jun 2013
so there's another spying agency
May 25, 2016 8:26 AM

May 2015
nynycius said:

lol, thanks for this. You read the novels, watched again the first episode and made some notes or just have a really good memory to know all the names ?

Had free time during the day decided to read the novel that's about it. :)
May 25, 2016 9:24 AM

May 2015
Tokoya said:

We finally have antagonists and who would have thought that it would be a rival spy agency with ideals and training that are the complete opposite of D-Agency

i need to learn chess lol loved this episode
and we seem to like the same anime and mangas @Tokoya . I've seen you post in forums that im in quite a few times lol :p
May 25, 2016 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
Nayrael said:
Rocksterrock said:

Nope. Even the Animators said that you should not bother remembering their names. They are all just part of a character called D-Agency tbh, which is no doubt as intended. Seeing as all those spies have the same mindsets and are highly unlikely to get any personal developments, it's not worth remembering them.

TiaDee said:

Maybe he is and the murder of Chou was a lie. After all, that whole scene was a retelling to the Wind Agency's boss.

Gamou is definitely is a D agent, and the murder is most likely a lie. Goes against their motto after all.
Sieg Zeon!
May 25, 2016 10:22 AM

Apr 2015
Good episode.

Showed multiple times how shit the Japanese armed forces were in WW2
May 25, 2016 11:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
White_Hawk2099 said:
Tokoya said:

i need to learn chess lol loved this episode
and we seem to like the same anime and mangas @Tokoya . I've seen you post in forums that im in quite a few times lol :p
Great minds think alike I suppose =P
May 25, 2016 11:52 AM

Nov 2015
Things are getting more and more interesting. Goodness, it's definitely ending up in my favorites list if they don't screw up now.

Wind Agency's motto sucks though. I like D-Agency more. But that's probably because of Yuuki's exploits in the last few episodes. Well, the guy is awesome.
May 25, 2016 11:54 AM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
McDonald's Spy Agency vs. Burger King Spy Agency.........two different takes on accomplishing the same thing...........Burger Supremacy for Japan!
May 25, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
So it's about a new agency that don't agree with D agency coz they use civilian.
May 25, 2016 1:10 PM
May 2016
not enough action for my own personal tastes in Anime.

May 25, 2016 3:08 PM
Sep 2015
Nayrael said:

I thought about that as well, but MAL lists all D spies as main characters and Gamou is mentioned as a side character so I'm starting to doubt that Yuuki had planted a spy in the Wind Agency (for the moment at least), though I'm sure some D spy will make an appereance next week.
May 25, 2016 7:33 PM
Apr 2015
zurgboy00 said:
nynycius said:

Had free time during the day decided to read the novel that's about it. :)

You read the novels? How is the anime adapting the stories compared to them? I've been curious as to how much has been cut and how much has been preserved for quite a while. How does the novel distinguish between the agents?
May 25, 2016 10:53 PM

May 2016
the battle of the two Agencies huh X] I believe Jirou Gamou (guy in blue suit) is a spy from the D Agency and he just got recruited in the Wind Agency (yuuki's orders?). This Graham mission is like a contest for the two agencies to compete and the winner party who gathers the top secret information will be considered the official spy organization of the Imperial Army. The guy who leads the wind agency is going to be Colonel Yuuki's main enemy. Is what I think. :3 In my opinion, D agency's way of spying is much more foolproof than the other agency. i can't wait to see how the agencies will clash with each other omg I love this <3 I don't wanna read the novel because it will spoil the fun (if there is any resemblance to the anime)...
blackOrlovMay 25, 2016 11:05 PM
May 26, 2016 12:18 AM

Jul 2011
Cishet said:
It was the parasol! I knew it!
At least we finally got a solid episode. And they didn't use the chess game as a cheap resource to look smart like 9327392 other series. In fact, getting someone's personality by the way they play chess is a thing. You can do the same with card games, videogames, sports and the sort.

This is so true lmao.

I like the idea of competing agencies. We'll see how Joker Game uses it.
May 26, 2016 8:07 AM

Jul 2015
This feels like 5 minutes all the time.
Next episode we will be a battle between spy agencies. It will be interesting.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» novel license

theek1 - Jul 12, 2022

1 by NemuriNezumi »»
Jan 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2016

347 by Samir1237 »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:21 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2016

154 by canadianvice »»
Oct 28, 2022 4:17 PM

» Why such low score ?

Shomix - May 21, 2016

22 by ina6_- »»
Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2016

207 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.