Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 7, 2017 9:29 AM

Nov 2009
Uwah, it's been a while since I last saw subs this bad. Almost every line is mistranslated, even the simplest ones.

As to the content, didn't expect much anyway, and it was the right thing to do. The general feel of the series is preserved well enough though, and Takumi is funny in his unhealthy fixation on Souma. We also see that he learned his lesson about being flexible and creative, fearlessly combining Japanese and Italian flavors in the monja battle - again thanks to having witnessed Souma's creativity in action.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 5, 2017 12:52 AM

Dec 2013
Takumi is really obsessed with Souma lol

It's cool for the Aldinis to have some more screen time. Isami trolling Takumi was hilarious!

I couldn't care less for the old man.
Aug 28, 2017 3:47 AM

Aug 2014
Spoken like a true weeb Takumi :')

And yeah the subs were ass but I'm not gonna lie, some of the translation notes did make me a laugh xD
Sep 13, 2017 4:41 AM

Aug 2013
Isami is an open otaku. :D

Aldini brothers took the spotlight.

The subs were funny.

Oct 26, 2017 11:44 AM

Apr 2013
Although the subs were pretty damn bad, they helped me to understand what's going on since I can't watch raw with my Japanese skills yet.
Overall the OVA was good, was nice to see the people again. Also it was not about the main character who gets enough screentime in the main series already, so I approve. Looking forward to the second OVA :3
Oct 29, 2017 10:16 PM

Dec 2012
lol at Isami jumping.
Erina!!!!!
Erina likes Penguin's.
Hikaru no Go!
Nikumi!!!
Ryouko!!! Oppai on point.
lol at the old dude challenging him to duel like he got nothing better to do.
Ryouko oppai.
Old man doing work.
Ryouko touching her oppai.
Ryouko oppai.
Got old dude on his knees crying.
Ryouko looking thick.
Soma appears.

So good to hear the 1st OP and ED theme again. Ryouko so fine.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 5, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
TragicRomance said:
God the subs were horrible. Please never sub again if you aren't gonna even put in proper effort, no thanks.

I so totally agree. The translator notes that appeared for a millisecond each were so distracting!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 18, 2018 6:45 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
It was ok episode but it kinda lacked things that normal season had.

Not only that, but it also felt ridiculous at parts, like some scenes were just too quick, lacks alot of the impact and teasing that S1 had.

Plot was too rushed IMO.
Mar 4, 2018 3:46 AM

Mar 2015
Nice little episode, I totally missed this one when it was available!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 11, 2018 3:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Aldini Brothers, the Monja and old-man very native!!!! kekeke
Nothing special!

5/10
Nov 28, 2018 2:32 AM

Jan 2018
I like the story but the subs are horrible.
May 23, 2019 4:43 AM

May 2016
It's a good episode but it lacked the certain OOMPH that makes me love Food Wars so much and it's not really just because of the lack of foodgasms. It's still fun though and the fansub I watched sure took some liberties in translating this lmao

It was nice to see the Aldini Brothers stick up for what they believe in and they sure convinced that old guy to accept some foreign aspects in his life and put aside his prejudices.

May 30, 2019 5:58 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, that old man was a bit annoying.
The subs sucked too.
Nov 1, 2019 9:41 AM
May 2016
I'm guessing cause this was made for Jump Festa it'd be a lot harder to find subs for it. The only English sub I could find was a low quality version, done by a fansubber who had only watched ONE episode of the show prior to that and took a few far too many liberties with the translations. Pretty sure Isami didn't say "fuggedabahdit" or "I got you fam" for instance.

Nevertheless, enjoyable enough episode, despite the shit subbing and the ending being cut off due to the video freezing.
May 8, 2020 11:41 AM
Jan 2020
WHERE CAN I WATCH BOTH OF THE OVA's. I CANT FIND THEN ANYWHERE PLS HELP LINKS OR SITES PLSSS
Sep 2, 2020 7:42 PM

Sep 2017
god i don't know who fansubbed this episode but the subs were so fuckin annoying. Having the sentence structure switched around constantly or making notes for dumb shit. I don't mind them pointing out "hey that guy is cosplaying this character" but the consistent "thats japanese for [something thats not related]" or making jojo jokes, fuck off. hoping the next part of the OVA is subbed by a different person
Sep 24, 2020 3:29 PM

Mar 2010
I didn't recognize who that cosplay girl was, I eat double the amount of food cause of this damn anime ROFL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 10, 2021 7:29 PM

Jul 2017
Isami's jumping reminded me of when I would try and fuck around while at the CN Tower in Toronto as well as the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. I was a dumbfuck when I was younger but I get that feeling, it was funny to watch and be a part of in my time lol.
Aug 13, 2023 2:53 AM

Oct 2022
Great goin' Aldini-kun, you'll get there someday. Just aim for the win!!
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma OVA Episode 2 Discussion

removed-user - Jul 11, 2016

41 by Neolavender123 »»
Mar 10, 2023 11:24 PM

» Important to the story?

EnZanity - May 3, 2017

6 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 4, 2017 9:02 PM

» PV sequel

GangsterCat - Dec 17, 2016

2 by removed-user »»
Dec 18, 2016 8:37 AM

» Any updates

ibraheem234 - Nov 8, 2015

11 by GangsterCat »»
Dec 15, 2016 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.