Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2016 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At least Deku made it to class lol

I find it funny at how he reacted to Ochako. Blush much? Not too much action but a nice transition episode. Shouta's appearance is funny with the sleeping bag stuff. Bakugo still badass as always is nice.

I'm glad the show is showcasing some of the strengths and weaknesses of the characters. I thought the OST used for the exercises is also nice.

May 1, 2016 1:52 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Seems like All Might’s giving Midoriya some tips on how to use One for All effectively. Finally, Midoriya’s first day at U.A. LMAO at Iida and Bakugou being in his class. Lol, Iida’s a good guy though. We got some Uraraka too! Lol, Kacchan’s still Kacchan. I’ve been waiting to see Aizawa animated ^_^

But that’s one intense test. If they come last, they’ll get kicked out. Seems like everyone’s got their own specialty, but Midoriya’s falling behind. Aizawa’s quirk is really cool imo. Nice to see Midoriya succeeding in pitching without getting badly injured.

Another great episode with more awesome OST (especially the one they played when All Might and Midoriya were running away from the beach and the one during the test). Also, this episode adapted two chapters.

5/5

Mod Edit: Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.
shawnofthedeadzMay 2, 2016 4:24 PM
May 1, 2016 1:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And finally we get to see Shouto and Momo :D
May 1, 2016 2:57 AM

Sep 2015
Oh my god it was EPIC as fck !
Aizawa can counter every hero ? :o
May 1, 2016 3:12 AM

Jan 2012
Another lovingly faithful adaptation, of chapters 5 and 6 this week. My favorite scene had to be of Izuku finally standing up to that asshole Bakugo. And I'd say he left him speechless at the end. XD Cute scene with All Might on the beach and his mom before starting school. Aizawa's voice was pretty great I thought. He gives off such a Kakashi-esque level of cool, especially with his badass nullification quirk. I'd nearly forgotten how hard he was on Deku in this first outing, but Deku proved himself once again. That aside it was nice to finally expand our cast of heroes in training and learn some of their quirks. I'm partial to Uraraka and her infinity toss, but fan favorite frog girl Tsuyu is pretty nice too. XD

Looking forward to seeing All Might in the classroom next week! XD
May 1, 2016 3:14 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Good advice from All Might to help out Deku on using One for All.
Deku's mum is so sweet seeing her be proud of Deku.
Great to see all the other students in Class 1-A. Lol Aizawa in that sleeping bag. He seems real relaxed. Suwabe Junichi sounds great as him.

Nice to see some of the students demonstrate their quirks in a variety of tests.
Aizawa/Eraser Head looks cool when he gets serious & activates his quirk.
Deku focusing the power of One for All into his fingertip to launch that ball. That was impressive.

Plus Ultra!
Santoryu_XBurnerMay 1, 2016 3:17 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 1, 2016 3:17 AM

Dec 2014
Another excellently adapted episode.
Loved it when his Mom said "You look great" :D

Aizawa's voice really suits his personality. His ability usage looks awesome.

Everyone using their quirks to beat the tests was really fun to watch.
Deku despite performing really badly in the beginning managed to find his way out by giving his all in the smallest way XD
The throw was just epic, Go Deku!! Show them what you're made of!

Reactions from Aizawa, All Might and the class made the scene so good :D
Can't wait for Deku vs Kaachan next episode

xSkipi said:

He can cancel anyone's quirk but he does have his drawbacks, They will get explained later but if you wanna know
Lelouch0202May 1, 2016 3:24 AM
May 1, 2016 3:18 AM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:

Best girl finally appears. XD
May 1, 2016 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
MAN THE FEELS IN THIS ANIME ARE SO STRONG.
that moment when he used his tip of finger and said "i can still move" WAS DAMN AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
i can't even, ok i need to calm the fk down srsly XD
looking forward to next episode!
May 1, 2016 3:35 AM

Nov 2015
This anime is living up to the hype...
Deku finally able to channel his emotions was nice, only with a fingertip.
Shouta was damn funny in the sleeping bag. Deku and Bakugo are frenemies I guess, I hope he starts to respect him soon.
May 1, 2016 3:36 AM

Jan 2015

He's no doubt, crrepy. That homeroom teacher, Shota definitely have something in his sleeve the moment he said about "It looks fun" thing. I wonder...
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 1, 2016 3:42 AM

Jan 2015
Another episode filled with epicness

The anime proves once again to be better than the manga
May 1, 2016 3:48 AM

Dec 2013
Aizawa and his magical floating tape things were really cool.

Loved that ending! Midoriya was really impressive using his head like that.

strider98 said:
Tokoya said:

Shouto for best girl?
May 1, 2016 4:00 AM

Dec 2013
HELL YEAH!!!

MIDORIYA SHOUNEN!

PLUS ULTRA!!!

Legit I want to see the MC own Kaachan's ass.

5/5.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
May 1, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2013
Octopuses are sexy had me in stiches
his quirk may be garbage but the VA makes him so much funnier
May 1, 2016 4:11 AM

Aug 2010
Aizawa's entrance was so lol

Welcome Mineta. I'm gonna enjoy u animated so much. Staring at Momo's ass and dem side steps lolol I need a gif for those Mineta side steps so much!!

Eraserhead looks so cool when his hair is flying.

Deku was really friggin cool indeed with that last finger One for All. Bakugo's probably mindfucked lol and Aizaiwa got so hyped after seeing that XD

Ochako's mugen never gets old lol

Deku vs Bakugo nxt up. SO HYPE
May 1, 2016 4:12 AM

Jun 2014
We finally got to see Deku's classmates and Aizawa, and boy is he strict. It's been a while since I read this in the manga so I kind of forgot how tough he is. I feel like Suwabe really captured his character well and I like how he voiced him. Made him sound extra creepy lol. It was nice to see Deku learning how to better utilize his Quirk since he still doesn't have complete mastery over it.

Lmfao I also found it kind of hilarious when the dick laser weirdo randomly turned to Ochako and said he wasn't worried about Deku. Idk why but I found that random moment to be so funny lol.
thebrentinator24May 1, 2016 4:31 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 1, 2016 4:14 AM

Jul 2013
All Might death flags :(

Was great seeing Tsuyu and Momo.
Aoyama's way of clearing the 50m sprint XD

Sweeeet! Midoriya and Ochako vs Bakugou and Iida next ep :D
May 1, 2016 4:21 AM

Apr 2013
Another great episode with more development for our mc. Aizawa is pretty cool~
May 1, 2016 4:27 AM
Nov 2009
xSkipi said:

ZelficMay 1, 2016 4:31 AM
May 1, 2016 4:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The fingertip scene was epic as fuck.
May 1, 2016 4:38 AM
Jan 2015
xSkipi said:
Not the ones with a mutated body like the octopus guy though...
May 1, 2016 4:47 AM

Mar 2016
Not as strong as previous episodes but the finger throw was fun. I understand the teachers point of view even if it's a rough one, definitely a good lesson for Deku.
May 1, 2016 4:49 AM

Jan 2015
I guess Aizawa's ability to take someone's quirk has its limitations which would be explained later. Would've been too powerful otherwise.
I liked how they introduced the quirks of characters we got to know last episode without showing quirks of characters we've yet to encounter, would've been disappointing otherwise
May 1, 2016 4:53 AM

Jan 2015
Really loving the dynamic between All Might and Deku it has been my favorite thing about this show.
Other aspects of the show are definitely getting better.

A-list_96May 1, 2016 5:00 AM
May 1, 2016 5:01 AM

Dec 2014
Just patiently waiting for this to blow up.

It shall happen this season.
May 1, 2016 5:05 AM

Oct 2014
This series know how to get me so freaking hyped! The teacher is super duper cool and I like Kacchan despite being a massive bully. His abilities is cool and I like his personality, yes, I like it since not everyone have to be goody two shoes to be awesome in my list.

Tbh, I don't know why am I torturing myself to watch this weekly when I could have watched it after it finished airing. Why am I doing this to myself?
May 1, 2016 5:09 AM

Nov 2011
Literal power at his fingertips. I have to admit that was pretty epic.
`
But not as epic as damn navel lasers! XD
If I was asked to choose a power it would be a crotch cannon. Missiles and beams would launch from my crotch each time I pelvic thrusts. I would be the most epic of heroes.
May 1, 2016 5:15 AM

Jan 2015
We need to see a fight that doesn't end with one punch/smash.
Deku = All Might = Saitama & Bakugou = Genos?
May 1, 2016 5:30 AM

Nov 2014
hmmm. the pacing is still slow, so what arc will it end?

Deku vs. Baku next episode!! Hype!

Ochako Best girl!!

4/5
May 1, 2016 5:48 AM
Apr 2015
Deku, you freakin' GENIUS!!

May 1, 2016 5:51 AM

Aug 2014
Aizawa is a pretty interesting guy, lol. But that ending was just epic, Deku showing he is no pushover!
May 1, 2016 6:09 AM

May 2015
Looks like Aizawa is bad news, but it makes things more interesting. But yea, another great episode. Gotta love that ending, nice job Deku.

May 1, 2016 6:10 AM

Dec 2014
Deku struggles always get me..... fun to see him trying his hardest
May 1, 2016 6:14 AM

Jan 2015
Had me shouting from excitement! This anime is too good, already above FMA:B and HxH (2011) for me. This may have been the most hype episode so far!
May 1, 2016 6:17 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
strider98 said:
Tokoya said:

We get to see dem Momos next week as well lol

I just watched it again subbed and I honestly just noticed that Kendou (Manga readers know who this is) came in 5th place in the practical exam =o No wonder said person is awesome

Also, I forgot to mention that even though I got emotional twice during this episode, I didn't cry like I did every week lol
May 1, 2016 6:21 AM
May 2014
BONES has given us the adaptation we want, as well as the adaptation this needs.

The OSTs are freaking awesome.
May 1, 2016 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
G_Spark233 said:
Aizawa and his magical floating tape things were really cool.

Loved that ending! Midoriya was really impressive using his head like that.

strider98 said:

Shouto for best girl?

Tokoyo knows well who I am talking abt. :P
May 1, 2016 6:31 AM
Dec 2013
Finally, an episode that has good pacing! Neither too slow nor too fast. The anime is more and more looking like it'll end around chapter 21, if Bones doesn't go with a filler ending.

Midoriya using his fingertip to throw the ball was a wise move from him instead of using his whole arm (which is what he was about to do, until Aizawa stopped him, talked with him and prevented him from busting his arm). Midoriya ended up with just a busted finger instead of a busted arm. He's starting to know how much power is necessary to use in certain situations, so he doesn't injure himself too much. Pretty good episode. I liked it because Midoriya is actually using his head. I feel that he's going to be less reckless in the future.
wildhoodMay 1, 2016 7:51 AM
May 1, 2016 7:16 AM
Apr 2016
8track said:
Finally, an episode that has good pacing! Neither too slow nor too fast. The anime is more and more looking like it'll end around chapter 21, if Bones doesn't go with a filler ending.

Midoriya using his fingertip to throw the ball was a wise move from him instead of using his whole arm (which is what he was about to do, until Aizawa stopped him, talked with him and prevented him from busting his arm). Midoriya ended up with just a busted finger instead of a busted arm. He's starting to know how much power is necessary to use in certain situations, so he doesn't injure himself too much. Pretty good episode.

I disagree about the pacing. Personally I think the pacing has been perfect for the amount of episodes it has. If they went any faster with the previous episodes they would have had to extend USJ which would have been terrible. and they can't start the next arc this season because of how long it is.
May 1, 2016 7:18 AM
Mar 2016
LOL. Is that Archer's voice? He sounds lazy :D
May 1, 2016 7:30 AM

Mar 2015
Every episode I wonder why Bakugo is so hostile towards Deku. They were friends in their childhood, weren't they?

Is he just a really big tsundere or is there a reason for his behaviour?

I wonder if they will adress this question in the anime.
May 1, 2016 7:33 AM

Jun 2009
MaxXZoe said:
hmmm. the pacing is still slow, so what arc will it end?

Helenus said:
Every episode I wonder why Bakugo is so hostile towards Deku. They were friends in their childhood, weren't they?

Is he just a really big tsundere or is there a reason for his behaviour?

I wonder if they will adress this question in the anime.

The next episode should explain a bit about it with some nice flashbacks. ^^
May 1, 2016 7:42 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kingof1k said:
LOL. Is that Archer's voice? He sounds lazy :D
Yup that's him alright :D
May 1, 2016 7:43 AM

May 2014
Deku's slowly getting brave enough to face his weaknesses :o
Good episode.
May 1, 2016 7:47 AM

Jan 2015
Aizawa !! :D Also nice to see Deku using just a finger !! :D
May 1, 2016 7:55 AM

Oct 2009
I'm so proud of you Midoriya shounen!!!!!! *fist pump*

and waaaaaaa my cute babiiieess! I ship them so hard >///< Izuku x Uraraka ♥

And why is that Zangetsu guy from Bleach in there? XD

Great ep! Everybody already mentioned the awesome tactic he did! So

ON TO EP 6! :D

May 1, 2016 7:55 AM

Jul 2015
As always, the episode has good music and decent story progression. Overall, it's a good episode.
Bakugo has a rival now.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 1, 2016 8:00 AM

Oct 2014
DIE!!!!!
Die?...

Midoriyas expression killed me.
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
May 1, 2016 8:10 AM

Apr 2016
Madara22 said:
Aizawa !! :D Also nice to see Deku using just a finger !! :D

Gotta feel sorry for Uraraka
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Useless Quirk Theory

Sir_Zedmore - May 4

17 by MYZS-Chist »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

438 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

334 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

277 by TheVistrian »»

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

296 by TheVistrian »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.