Forum Settings
Forums

Which weapon would you (Realistically) choose in a zombie apocalypse?

New
Apr 29, 2016 8:20 AM

Oct 2015
Imagine one day you are watching anime and zombies start trying to burst in your door. What weapon would you realistically use to fight them since im assuming not everyone will have a gun or a katana in the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. Basically something in your house already (weapon combinations count as long as their is duct tape).

For me It would be either this giant wooden pencil I made in middle school shop class which nearly killed me once or the bar from my weight set which is heavy on its own but would make a good staff.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 2016 8:24 AM
Jun 2013
Trident , Chakra , Vajra , Mace , Bow etc
Apr 29, 2016 8:26 AM

Oct 2010
Hopefully none. I'd be too busy trying to run away and hide!
I suppose I would bring along a frying pan just in case. I don't really have any suitable weapons in my home, so a nice bonk on the head would have to suffice.

I'd probably die...
Apr 29, 2016 8:32 AM
Oct 2014
I would take my grandfather's shotgun and saw the pipes.

Apr 29, 2016 8:36 AM

Jul 2014
I'd prefer to have a baseball bat first and foremost... after that probably a crossbow.

And a machine gun if I had unlimited ammo. lol
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 29, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2015
I own a claymore, so definitely that. I would unlikely be able to hold myself against a horde with it, but for taking out one or two at a time, it could be pretty effective (depending on the kind of zombies we're talking about).
Apr 29, 2016 8:38 AM

Jul 2015
Probably a good old claw hammer. Anyone who chose a cutting or piercing weapon: sorry, you lost. Skulls are extremely thick, that's why nobody aims for the head with a firearm, except in movies.
Apr 29, 2016 8:44 AM

Sep 2015
Can I choose a tank? A tank please...
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 29, 2016 8:45 AM

Feb 2015
Clebardman said:
Probably a good old claw hammer. Anyone who chose a cutting or piercing weapon: sorry, you lost. Skulls are extremely thick, that's why nobody aims for the head with a firearm, except in movies.

Smashing their heads isn't the only way to deal with them, though. Besides, a hammer requires you to get really close up to them, putting you in a very dangerous position.
A cutting weapon (like a kitchen knife) could still be used to cut off their limbs, or at least severely cripple them, as they try to grab you or trying to climb up somewhere.
Apr 29, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2015
Virginity would be enough to protect me and most MAL user

*cries in corner*
Apr 29, 2016 8:50 AM

Jul 2015
Milennin said:
Clebardman said:

Smashing their heads isn't the only way to deal with them, though. Besides, a hammer requires you to get really close up to them, putting you in a very dangerous position.
A cutting weapon (like a kitchen knife) could still be used to cut off their limbs, or at least severely cripple them, as they try to grab you or trying to climb up somewhere.

You're not cutting a limb on something alive with a kitchen knife (or with a sword or axe for that matter, no matter how big and sharp they are). If you have great knowledge of anatomy you might be able to cripple a zombie, but... kinda bleh in any scenario that isn't a 1v1 in some open space. And I don't see how a kitchen knife has a better range that a hammer :c.

Tho if we're talking old school zombies, your best weapon is your attention span lol. There's no way to get eaten by such a slow predator
Apr 29, 2016 8:55 AM

Sep 2013
Probably the iconic baseball bat, and a crossbow if I could get one.
Apr 29, 2016 9:03 AM

Feb 2015
Clebardman said:
You're not cutting a limb on something alive with a kitchen knife (or with a sword or axe for that matter, no matter how big and sharp they are). If you have great knowledge of anatomy you might be able to cripple a zombie, but... kinda bleh in any scenario that isn't a 1v1 in some open space. And I don't see how a kitchen knife has a better range that a hammer :c.

Tho if we're talking old school zombies, your best weapon is your attention span lol. There's no way to get eaten by such a slow predator

How is using an axe not going to cut off limbs, lol? And a big sword like the claymore I mentioned in my post wouldn't need to cut off limbs to be effective at fighting them. It's heavy enough to smash them and knock them down with, after which they should be easy to finish.
Lol, I didn't say a kitchen knife would be a better/safer choice than a hammer, but I don't see how it's much worse either.

And yeah, old school zombies should be fairly easy to deal with, unless they're coming at you in large numbers, especially if they're coming from multiple directions.
Apr 29, 2016 9:12 AM

Jul 2015
Milennin said:
Clebardman said:

How is using an axe not going to cut off limbs, lol? And a big sword like the claymore I mentioned in my post wouldn't need to cut off limbs to be effective at fighting them.

Nope, an axe isn't going to chop someone in half. If you want to cut a limb, you need some kind of support. A standing human being would just get thrown back by the force of the blow, dissipating most of it's strength.

Typically, axes were more used for their borderline crushing potential on armor + the hook allowing you to troll your opponent (most notably pulling on his shield). Swords, on top of being fucking hard to use, have almost zero crushing potential. You could use your claymore as a crushing tool, but with it's length and weight you'd get the results of the claw hammer I mentionned, with the practicality of a sledgehammer.

Note that the claw hammer CAN and SHOULD also be used to cripple your opponent. It's an almost guaranteed fracture as long as you hit them right, vs having to aim for articulations and the practice needed to use a sword, or even an axe, efficiently.

Swords are extremely overrated. They're extremely situationnal weapons, if you have 10 years of practice. If you don't, they're big lumps of steel. The main advantage of a sword is that it's a lot less tiring to use than most other weapons thx to a lighter weight and better balance. The only melee weapons you should consider picking without prior training are clubs and spears. The claw hammer is already borderline meh because you have to hit with the claw or head.

Oh, and cutting/piercing weapons can also get stuck in a bone and that's NOT something you want to learn in the middle of a zombie invasion.

Play it safe, bring a baseball bat. Honestly the best choice, I just don't have one at home.
DeathkoApr 29, 2016 9:21 AM
Apr 29, 2016 9:15 AM

May 2015
I have several blunt weapons: axe, weights, utensils, etc, but no guns. I'll probably take a blunt object and a knife from the kitchen until I can get better supplies.
Apr 29, 2016 9:21 AM
Jan 2013
Protagonism is the strongest weapon
gone bai bai
Apr 29, 2016 9:25 AM

Oct 2015
-Senpai- said:
Can I choose a tank? A tank please...

If you own a tank senpai than you can?
Apr 29, 2016 9:36 AM

Oct 2015
Milennin said:
Clebardman said:

How is using an axe not going to cut off limbs, lol? And a big sword like the claymore I mentioned in my post wouldn't need to cut off limbs to be effective at fighting them. It's heavy enough to smash them and knock them down with, after which they should be easy to finish.
Lol, I didn't say a kitchen knife would be a better/safer choice than a hammer, but I don't see how it's much worse either.

And yeah, old school zombies should be fairly easy to deal with, unless they're coming at you in large numbers, especially if they're coming from multiple directions.

Even if the axe doesn't cut them it will do enough damage to cripple them or blow them away. since zombies are slow they wont have the reaction time to get back up from a hit from something like that making them easy to finish off.

with a knife you would have to go for the zombies eye or the back of the head for it to work.
Apr 29, 2016 9:46 AM

Oct 2015
Usagi said:
Hopefully none. I'd be too busy trying to run away and hide!
I suppose I would bring along a frying pan just in case. I don't really have any suitable weapons in my home, so a nice bonk on the head would have to suffice.

I'd probably die...

Nah the frying pan is the best weapon in team fortress 2 so you will be ok with that alone.
Apr 29, 2016 9:47 AM

Jan 2013

I'd use my mind
Apr 29, 2016 9:47 AM

Oct 2015
ZickZack said:
Virginity would be enough to protect me and most MAL user

*cries in corner*

I think that knowledge would attract more zombies than repel.
Apr 29, 2016 9:51 AM

Mar 2008
uhhh I have a sledgehammer and some bear mace which is also flamable so it would be like a napalm flame thrower.
Apr 29, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2015
9mm glock, limited ammunition but it doesnt matter, realistically you wont ever need to use more than 30 or so bullets. I live in America. If the nonissue of zombies ever happened I would just sit it out and be fine. In the end, id be more afraid of dumbasses looting, rioting and mass murdering.
Apr 29, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
Apr 29, 2016 11:45 AM

Jul 2015
Apr 29, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2016
Raid a Mansion.
Barricade the place.
Sentry Guns
Apr 29, 2016 12:31 PM

Sep 2015
I'd probably saw the end off a long pipe to make a sharp point, and carry a kitchen knife on me. Some kind of club just in case the pipe gets stuck too.
Apr 29, 2016 12:48 PM

Oct 2013
m4 because of its lightweight ammo load out and a common round to find and a sword
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
Apr 29, 2016 12:51 PM

Feb 2016
It would only make sense to choose a heavy metal mallet or butcher knife (if fighting at close range) or a sharp spear (that's long enough to swing from a far distance and hit) OR a rifle if fighting from a far distance.

I would probably go with a heavy metal mallet, but I don't want to be that close to a zombie, so maybe I'd go with a long spear or a rifle.

Chances are... I'd die either way because zombies are disgusting so I'd probably drop and lose my shit and run for my life and then fall like in the movies and then have my brain eaten out my zombies. (ノ*゚ー゚)ノ

Klad said:

I'd use my mind

2deep4me
Apr 29, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2016
Something long and sharp, like a really good sword. I would want to be able to keep my distant while not having to worry about replacing ammo.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."
Apr 29, 2016 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
I have a real replica of Sasuke's Chidori Blade hanging in my room, I'd use that.
Apr 29, 2016 1:13 PM

Apr 2014
A machete would work wonders and has multiple uses. A crossbow could function like a gun but you don't have to worry as much about ammunition.
Apr 29, 2016 1:15 PM

Sep 2014
Make a spear outta long metal stick and a knife
Apr 29, 2016 1:20 PM

May 2015
Any blunt-type weapon like a mallet or baseball bat, because mace-type weapons do bonus damage to undead enemies and they're more effective at slowing them down than cutting or piercing weapons so that you can deliver the finishing blow easier. Also, their "sharpness" doesn't get blunt as fast as cutting weapons do, so their durability and use lasts longer. Of course, you could always add a few nails to the bat to inflict more damage.

As a side weapon, I'd get a lighter and some aerosols and other flammables and set the suckers on fire.
Apr 29, 2016 2:32 PM

Apr 2016
Well we have a gun, bow, machetes, power tools,weights, and a replica of a famous sword.

I guess the replica sword or the machete.
Apr 29, 2016 2:41 PM

Feb 2010
long range shotgun.. but since i dont have gun and dont know how to shoot, would fight with wooden stick because knife makes too much mess :/
Apr 29, 2016 2:53 PM

Apr 2014
A pipe or a baseball bat. I mean, even if they break, they are deadly, and it's quite hard to stab yourself with them.
your waifu is shit
Apr 29, 2016 3:03 PM

Oct 2015
Klad said:

I'd use my mind

I got a feeling that somehow involves a lot of fire hazards.
Apr 29, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2015
Cyborg_Dragon said:
Milennin said:

Even if the axe doesn't cut them it will do enough damage to cripple them or blow them away. since zombies are slow they wont have the reaction time to get back up from a hit from something like that making them easy to finish off.

Yeah. Wich means it's a glorified club if you manage to hit correctly (with your blade perpendicular to the target), and a lot more fragile than any pipe or baseball bat.

Really, guys, don't pick an axe unless you plan to chop some wood. I'm surprised at the amount of axes and Swords we got in that thread. Hollywood >>> survival instinct apparently.
Apr 29, 2016 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
I'll bring my axe with me. All I need to do hit them in the head and I will be fine.
Apr 29, 2016 5:02 PM
Feb 2011
A pistol. Easy and fast method of leaving the world if a zombie apocalypse does happen.
Apr 29, 2016 5:19 PM

Mar 2016
Well umm.. I have some child safety scissors That's about it.
(I'm not a very well prepared person)
Apr 29, 2016 5:20 PM

Jan 2016
All I need is just a noose to hang my self.
Apr 29, 2016 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
A sword my step dad made and my gun also my truck.
Apr 29, 2016 5:50 PM
Jul 2015
I think I wouldn't be able to use properly a gun, so I would use a pole arm like a spear or something else. They are easy to use, they would permit me be at a safe distance while defending myself of the zombies and I can improvise one with a knife and a broom or a stick. It also don't need ammo.

If I can choose whatever I want I would choose a flamethrower. I always wanted one of those.

Apr 29, 2016 8:16 PM

Oct 2015
I prob pick a baseball bat or some kind of nearby bluganing weapon coz it easy to hold and use and I can use it fast on close zombies to keep them at bay
Apr 28, 2019 9:52 AM

Jan 2016
sharpest knifes I can find and a baseball bat (when I get one, I'm planning to get one some time soon)
Apr 28, 2019 10:04 AM

Jun 2016
My Mossberg Maverick 88 loaded with buckshot
If that runs out of ammo I can still use either my AK or 9mm Tokarev both loaded with hollow point rounds
If those run out of ammo I go Negan on their asses with a spiked baseball bat while wearing an aluminum chainmail hauberk I got for cosplay purposes
Apr 28, 2019 3:53 PM

Jul 2016
either a long sword or a katana - just because i'd like to maintain my distance, and not also have
to worry about running out of ammo. if i can't get either, then a hefty crowbar will do as well.

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
Apr 28, 2019 4:20 PM

Apr 2019
I'll be grabbing all the alarm clocks in the house, and some leftover fireworks from newyear.

Grab all the canned foods on the kitchen, some change of clothes, a lighter, a flashlight, a crowbar (for breaking doors open) put everything on a backpack.
I have to be as light as possible to move quickly.

Lastly, grab the baseball bat from the attic, toss an alarm outside to distract them and NOPE the fuck out of there ASAP and meet with other like minded persons.

tl;dr : Baseball bat

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Have you committed animal sacrifices?

vasipi4946 - Dec 14, 2022

33 by Rhae »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » do you believe that scientific theory are just a theory and scientific consensus are just opinions?

deg - May 3

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
11 minutes ago

» How many of your friends are friends with you just to make fun of you?

LenRea - May 1

22 by cosmosreceiver »»
12 minutes ago

» Have you ever really sit down and really think about the short term and long term effects of AI in your industry?

tsukareru - 7 hours ago

12 by Otakupervert890 »»
14 minutes ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - May 2

29 by pludel2 »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.