Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 2016 2:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh it was okay, somehow felt less interesting compared to the previous episodes imo for the first half. We got Rokuro reflecting on some of the recent events in his life.

Rokuro begging Benio to let him use her charm seems somewhat out of his character but I guess he realizes that he needs her help. Action was good and I'm glad they kept the monster designs consistent.

Stark700Apr 28, 2016 10:28 AM
Apr 27, 2016 3:17 AM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:

Rokuro beginning Benio to let him use her charm seems somewhat out of his character but I guess he realizes that he needs her help.

Really? I thought it was more consistent compared to how Rokuro was in the previous episode (also more closer to his manga self). Here, he took action as soon as he found out a family member of his was in trouble because he didn't want to lose any more family, something he feared more than fighting, and there was really only one option to save him.

I really liked this episode because it was close to the manga for the most part, and they even added material that made the brother relationship between Ryougo and Rokuro even more impactful.

One thing that I didn't like about this episode though was that it sacrificed Benio being in the same spotlight as Rokuro for the sake of showing off the brother relationship between Rokuro and Ryougo...I was sorta hoping they'd do a cool pose together like they did in the manga...
LulupusApr 27, 2016 3:39 AM
Apr 27, 2016 4:10 AM

Sep 2015
Make me a bit teary, just like in manga. They still havn't show one of the antagonist which should be around by now.
Apr 27, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
Ryogo getting taken by that Kegare. Rokuro asking Benio for help.
That one punch. Rokuro is pissed.
Nice little moment at the end between Rokuro & Benio.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 27, 2016 4:40 AM

Jan 2015
So Ryougo have that really "deep" concern, not as fellow exorcist but "little brother". And to see that even Rokuro bow down by himself asking for help... That is so heart-touching.
That candy store Granny sure ask and wants to know a lot about current Rokuro. Especially about Mayura. LOL

Oh my, I'm sense a BL here. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 27, 2016 4:47 AM

Dec 2013
Cliche but a touching episode.

Happy that pet thing didn't really appear much in this episode.

Ryougo really should bring more spare enchantment things.
Apr 27, 2016 4:47 AM

Jan 2012
Brotherly love between Rokuro and Ryogo took focus this week. Very sweet. XD Like the amusement park last week I can't recall if the candy shop scene was filler. Felt like they expanded on what I do remember from the manga though. With this pacing I'm beginning to wonder if that 4 cour rumor might actually be true.
Apr 27, 2016 5:10 AM

May 2013
So they ARE bringing Shimon in already. Well he is probably the most popular character in the manga right now so I can see why they would, well it means the party will assemble faster so I don't mind
Apr 27, 2016 5:11 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Yeah, I ended up liking what the episode did to create a nice character relationship between Ryougo and Rokuro. And I'm starting to like Rokuro as a character more now.

4/5
Apr 27, 2016 5:32 AM

Nov 2015
Felt somewhat of a filler ep but Rokuro and Ryuogo's past was a development though.
Rokuro and Benio somewhat working together to some extent was nice.
The action was good like previous episodes. Ryougo's a cool guy though.
Apr 27, 2016 5:40 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode, It did feel a bit typical but I still enjoyed it, Ryogo is a real bro :)

Liked seeing Benio and Rokuro work together, Not that there was any real combat teamwork but at least they decided to rescue Ryogo together and that's a start,Hope both of them become a proper exorcist team soon.
Loved the moment they shared towards the end.
Apr 27, 2016 5:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Not much complaints here from an adaptation point on view

Some things were only slightly different such as the beginning scene which kinda got split between last week and this week's episode but it still managed to keep the essence of it all

I thought that the original content with the old lady and that guy from the added branch was a very nice touch since it really added to the characterization of both Rokuro and Ryougo and their relationship

They handled the big scene with Ryougo and the hang really well and the battle in Mugano as well as how seriously beat and close to death Ryougo was imo was portrayed quite nicely

Visuals were pretty good especially during the action bits with Rokuro and Benio whom both were pretty awesome along with Ryougo in this episode and those final scenes that they had together were beautfiul....

The anime expanded on things in a way that I thought was better than in the manga, but there was a really cool shot of both Rokuro and Benio together that I wish got adapted into the anime....They left out a cute scene during their talk at the end as well which is kind of a bummer

Great episode overall tho, but I can't help but feel that with the introduction of that other branch, it looks like they really are going to make this anime be long running-ish....

Also I dunno how I feel about them introducing Shimon this early....I kinda wish that they didn't tbh but oh well....I wonder why they left out a certain someone too at the end
TokoyaApr 27, 2016 5:57 AM
Apr 27, 2016 6:11 AM

Dec 2014
This episode seemed to bridge the gap between the two protagoists
Apr 27, 2016 6:18 AM
Feb 2016
It was an okay episode. I guess it was fun?

I don't really know, I but I did enjoy it a bit.
Apr 27, 2016 6:58 AM

Sep 2015
I liked the ost this episode here and there. It was cliche but alright. Didn't really get to see much of Benio's personality. 3/5
Apr 27, 2016 6:59 AM

Sep 2014
This was the best episode so far, the show does have some compelling characters but man, why does every nice moment have to immediately get ruined by aweful humor.
Apr 27, 2016 7:07 AM

Apr 2013
OH MY GOD, I ****ing hate Kinako. Anime-Exclusive shit done wrong. Someone please kill off this cat.

Apr 27, 2016 7:16 AM

May 2014
Bromance feels in this one
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 27, 2016 7:23 AM

Nov 2014
oh so this is where the chapter went...

i almost went to sleep with all the dialogue,

poor ryogo gets tossed around alot and not the worst 'helpless face i saw in an anime but ill take what i can get

and the action is um somewhat cool, but he almost turned into one punch man 1 hitting all those enemies

a satisfying episode 3/5

#animax_express
MaxXZoeApr 27, 2016 7:28 AM
Apr 27, 2016 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
An incredibly bland episode. No thrills, just cliche's.

You could tell where the episode was going after just the opening sequence...

2/5 , I somewhat enjoyed the fighting? And it was necessary development between Benio and Rokuro.
Apr 27, 2016 8:53 AM

Feb 2015
Bland and okay enough episode. Adaption wise it did good. But that fox was an awful damn idea.
Apr 27, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2012
The best episode of this series will be when Kinako dies... the sooner the better...
Apr 27, 2016 9:20 AM

Apr 2014
Love the fighting theme song when Rokuro fights.
Apr 27, 2016 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
Still cliche, but significantly better than the previous three episodes. Looks like the gap between Benio and Rokuro is becoming smaller already.
Apr 27, 2016 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
It was the best episode so far.

Rokuro asked Benio for help to save Ryogo!
Apr 27, 2016 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
rokuro is the new saitama?!?!?!
chibi rokuro and when he blushes is sooooooooooooooo cute
aside that, great episode <3
Apr 27, 2016 10:27 AM

Sep 2015
It's getting more and more interesting !
It was not exceptional, but I really enjoyed this one
Apr 27, 2016 10:39 AM

Jul 2015
I'm loving the moments between Rokuro and Benio. It's also nice to see that Ryogo and Rokuro are like real siblings
Apr 27, 2016 10:52 AM

Oct 2013
Lol everything seemed so cliche, but it was good. Rokuro and Benio are getting along at least haha
Apr 27, 2016 10:54 AM

Jun 2013
well this episode was better than the previous ones for sure
Apr 27, 2016 10:56 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Liked this a lot. It dragged on at the beginning, but the second half was very nice.
Apr 27, 2016 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
Serious Rokuro is really scary, but damn that Grandparent ghost...seriosuly creepy as hell.
Apr 27, 2016 12:28 PM

Sep 2013
Ryougo being a big bother :'(
Rokuro begs Benio to help and they save the day.
They worked as team in the manga and they also skipped a full out Benio blush :(

Apr 27, 2016 12:46 PM

Dec 2015
Nice episode, I liked how the relationship between Rokuro and Ryogo was portrayed. Didn't think he would ask Benio for help giving his character but nice moment there as well.
Happy that the fox pet thing was not shown this episode, but still hearing and knowing it is there annoys me.

Apr 27, 2016 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
I was hoping there would be more development with Benio and Rokuro since it's only 12 episodes but there hasn't been much yet. I mean she saw some greatness in him, and Rakuro bought her some food but she never thanked him for that.

Pretty Cliche episode but I still enjoyed it
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 27, 2016 1:24 PM

Feb 2015
it was a good episode overall. not really something great compare to the previous episode imo but i can say this episode was good. The relationship between Rokuro and Ryogo somewhat didn't hit me or interest me. maybe because it's a cliche (?)
but DAMN! that creppy creature with two head scare the hell out of me. something like jumpscare i guess (?) seriously, i got scared AF.
the fight was still very good as always imo. glad to see Rokuro fight again.
Next time the headphone guy will appear, looking foward for that one :D
Apr 27, 2016 1:51 PM

Apr 2014
Lulupus said:

Oh nice catch.
15char
Apr 27, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2015
Nice and cute end of the episode
Apr 27, 2016 2:37 PM

Jun 2015
Those three guys are the worst Ghostbusters ever.
Apr 27, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
Nice seeing some interaction between Rokuro and Ryogo. The episode was stereotypical, but was entertaining and the fights against the Kegares are good. On another note, young Ryougo looked similar to Gon.
Apr 27, 2016 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
They added a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the manga between last episode and this one, but so far they have all been good additions. (except the mascot). Although... who the hell is the red haired guy in the episode preview? I don't recognize him from the manga...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 27, 2016 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
Rebelhero said:
They added a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the manga between last episode and this one, but so far they have all been good additions. (except the mascot). Although... who the hell is the red haired guy in the episode preview? I don't recognize him from the manga...

He first appear in the middle of the 17 chapter and he is relevant in the manga current arc. I dunno why he gonna appear next week, he also appeared in the episode last week after the ed sequence.
Apr 27, 2016 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
Eh, just gonna read the manga. Seems like the best way to go with this series as opposed to watching it. Tired of the boredom but at least the soundtrack is good.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 27, 2016 3:52 PM

Oct 2014
this episode was kinda lame, enjoyed the first two episodes much more
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
Apr 27, 2016 5:06 PM

Jun 2011
I did not enjoy this episode.

There are reasons why manga are adapted into an anime and i would like to believe it's because of its relate-able characters, strong likability and of course a good and compelling story NOT FOR FOR HOW MUCH THEY MAKE IN SALES because it was like this there would be a lot of novels that make way more than this that would've been given the green flag for an adaptation.

As much as I had hoped that they would stick to the content with a few minor changes would be acceptable it seems its already the 4th episode and they're trying to cram what they can for character development by rushing the show.
'
I do hope that these huge changes, at least by the time the anime stops airing would make use of the time they had to justify the changes they've made.

OH one more thing Rokuro was so much more cooler in the manga for this scene than in the anime as he was made to seem inferior and requiring assistance from Benio to fight. Even though they fought side by side Benio seemed more put together than him as he looked like he was lacking in the fighting skills department.
Apr 27, 2016 5:25 PM

Apr 2014
orbbie said:
As much as I had hoped that they would stick to the content with a few minor changes would be acceptable it seems its already the 4th episode and they're trying to cram what they can for character development by rushing the show.

They've adapted only 3.5 chapters so far mate. Nothing's being rushed here.
Z4KApr 27, 2016 5:45 PM
Apr 27, 2016 5:48 PM

Jun 2011
Z4k said:
orbbie said:

They've adapted only 4.5 chapters so far mate. Nothing's being rushed here.

They've adapted 3 chapters and we're already being introduced Shimon in the preview and he was a foreground character in the previous episode.

He's making his entrance before Seigen that for me sealed it as rushing it.
orbbieApr 27, 2016 6:07 PM
Apr 27, 2016 6:17 PM

Apr 2014
orbbie said:
Z4k said:

They've adapted only 4.5 chapters so far mate. Nothing's being rushed here.

They've adapted 3 chapters and we're already being introduced Shimon in the preview and he was a foreground character in the previous episode.

No it isn't. The director is just rearranging scenes like he did with Mayura. He mentioned it before in an interview that he wants to introduce the 12 heavenly commanders sooner then the manga. So the battle with Kamui, Seigen and all that stuff will happen after Simon's introduction is done next episode.
Apr 27, 2016 6:33 PM

Mar 2016
Z4k said:
He mentioned it before in an interview that he wants to introduce the 12 heavenly commanders sooner then the manga. So the battle with Kamui, Seigen and all that stuff will happen after Simon's introduction is done next episode.

Soooo...is he planning on introducing the other commanders that we're unfamiliar with too? Or just Shimon and Seigen?? o-o
Apr 27, 2016 7:18 PM

Jun 2011
Z4k said:
orbbie said:

No it isn't. The director is just rearranging scenes like he did with Mayura. He mentioned it before in an interview that he wants to introduce the 12 heavenly commanders sooner then the manga. So the battle with Kamui, Seigen and all that stuff will happen after Simon's introduction is done next episode.

I was going to mention this in my previous post so here it is.

Beginning--middle--end.
Completely ignored by the director. You don't have to be a literary genious to write a script but a good script needs to at least understand the basics. I really enjoy the manga and I want to enjoy the anime just as much and when it's just only 4 episodes in and for some scenes that are being butchered because of director's interference I can only hope that his direction is good for what he have to work with.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.