Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2016 9:14 PM

Jun 2012
Mikage stepped up to the plate as a major character; it seemed like he was trembling when he actually got around to leaving, what could that have been about?

What ravine did Judgeness fall down into that the group collectively abandoned him without a second thought? It looked like he just slid down a stretch of mud.

Nocturnal said:
It amused me to no end how this episode was named after Yottsun and yet he did not even appear, not even his body.

Next episode will be titled "Three Yuunas is a crowd.".
What's the likelihood of the Yuuna conflict actually being the focal point of the episode?
Apr 22, 2016 9:29 PM

Jul 2012
I can't get enough of this OP
Alright Episode, Really hard to follow whats happening but i like it.
4/5
Apr 22, 2016 9:30 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
uh-oh, there are some kind of hallucination gas or mist I bet

Still waiting for Lion to tell her real name herself

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 22, 2016 9:32 PM

Dec 2012
Nocturnal said:

As for that major cliffhanger at the end, could it be that

What if "Dekkai Mitsu Mune" is a pun of the next episode title "Three Yuuna's is a crowd" :D

Yottsun disappeared for a second time. Did they just show a body in the river or was it Yottsun's indeed?

It's odd how in the moment they organized themselves, the roar followed the leaving group, as if herding them back to the village or the woods by cutting off their exit. The map seems alright, it's a mystery how they found the road to the village in the "blinding fog" guided by it. It still amazes me how one can say the mountain isn't ordinary and feel the village is safe. It isn't. For the driver, he preferred to stay with the group instead of being alone. Also, the "knock" on the bus door could have been rumbles coming from the luggage compartment.

*Goes back to sleep ...*
Apr 22, 2016 9:35 PM

Sep 2013
MiraiLink said:
SKP138 said:
Comedic Anime of the year goes to....

MAYOIGA!

LMAO, this, so much.
I can't stop laughing.

So...just wondering. Why does no one gives a shit about the bus driver attempting to kill everyone in the first episode?

Apr 22, 2016 9:36 PM

Sep 2014
giant mitsumune? Wonder what that shit was about.

Tbh, this is the funniest anime this season, granted this episode gave me some serious creepy vibes. It is just too entertaining to see a bunch of social outcasts trying to create their own society :D
Apr 22, 2016 9:38 PM
Sep 2015
Barion-Zara said:
MaiMai still best girl. Man I love her <3

maimai, a tsundere~
Apr 22, 2016 9:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I think this might be funnier than Sakamoto, lol

4/5
Apr 22, 2016 9:45 PM

Dec 2010
this anime is such a damn mess
Apr 22, 2016 9:49 PM

Sep 2011
Definitely agreeing with all the hallucination-related theories here. I started assuming that people were hearing different things than one another when they first discussed the "bear". When Hyouketsu saw Jack, I began to think that they were also SEEING different things from each other- just whatever is terrifying to them in the moment.
Apr 22, 2016 9:50 PM

Jan 2016
so... were they just planning on having jack starve to death forever in that jail?
Apr 22, 2016 9:52 PM

Mar 2016
So, some people got separated? I mean did everybody notice that?

Notably the army dude. And the couple also wasn't there, and so is Nanko-san.
Apr 22, 2016 9:55 PM

Aug 2013
I think I've literally gotten to the point where now I just want to see what happens next as opposed to legitimately caring about this series. All of the characters are awful but I'm just wanting to see who winds up dead, in which order, and what exactly will happen in the end.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 22, 2016 9:58 PM

Jan 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
I think this might be funnier than Sakamoto, lol

4/5

also, not sure if this is right, but didn't the bus fall from a road that came from the freeway? like, they could just follow that until the first gas station or something... lol

why am i even trying, this show is a masterpiece in trainwrecks
Apr 22, 2016 10:02 PM

Jan 2016
StardustNyako said:
Shit is finally hiting the fan -rubs hands together- This will be fun.

Also:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Best Girl.

heave-ho me right to the bed. and i want her to call me weak while everything is happening. i'd be her waifu
Apr 22, 2016 10:03 PM

Apr 2009
SKP138 said:
MiraiLink said:

LMAO, this, so much.
I can't stop laughing.

So...just wondering. Why does no one gives a shit about the bus driver attempting to kill everyone in the first episode?

Who knows? I mean, Mitsumune and Maimai doesn't seem to care that Lovepon was trying to kill him last episode. That seems like an important thing to tell the others. "Hey y'all, crazy bitch tried to drown me. I would've died if I didn't get a boner! Maybe we should put her in prison with Jack."

Feb 2010
Another annoying as fck MC, good fckin god......

Aug 2009
There are some strange things happening in this show - and we've been teased with so much possibility of death and nothing has come of it! I understand ghosts... but giant versions of people who are still alive? I need to see where this goes.

It's understandable that a number of people would want to leave, after the incidents they have faced so far. But I also find myself on the side of those who are wary of involving the police. On a different note, Mitsumune might be in the running for worst main character this season, on several levels.

I need a nap after that too.
Apr 22, 2016 10:10 PM
Sep 2015
Cymbor said:
I think the jack we saw was not the real jack but rather the illusion that Judgness saw that's why we didn't see him just after.

kinda agree to this. But also, it was shown that the prison was broken.
Apr 22, 2016 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far IMO. Less stupid screams, less chuunibyou, more action and more mystery.
I like the fact that we still don't know what kind of universe is this; Are there ghosts? Monsters? Aliens? Drugs in the fog causing hallucinations? It makes you wonder whether or not Yottsun is actually dead.
I like where this is going, I'm glad I respected my rules and didn't drop it before watching episode 4.
Apr 22, 2016 10:13 PM

Sep 2013
MiraiLink said:
SKP138 said:

Who knows? I mean, Mitsumune and Maimai doesn't seem to care that Lovepon was trying to kill him last episode. That seems like an important thing to tell the others. "Hey y'all, crazy bitch tried to drown me. I would've died if I didn't get a boner! Maybe we should put her in prison with Jack."

Lovepon is too awesome to be ignored. All these characters in this show makes my head hurt. Angry-Kun won't stop yelling. WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS YELLING!? Masaki and MC are the worst main characters on so many levels.

I wouldn't mind if all the characters die. None of this gives me any suspense or makes me want to watch the next episode. I'll still let this redeem itself later but Jesus, this is a shitty version of Lost.

Apr 22, 2016 10:19 PM
Jul 2018
another question of the week
What did they saw inside the railroad tunnel? (Temp ans: a giant Mitsumune?)
since they're in a panic, what they saw is pro'ly something else. only they had the answer if they're just stable enough to answer it correctly.

interesting
those few evidence that were shown in the previous episode will pro'ly come out. somethings big is prowling around the village.
Apr 22, 2016 10:22 PM

Oct 2015
This show is pretty interesting, I can't wait for the next episode!

This show is kind of reminding me of "LOST" only it's not nearly as confusing as "LOST".
Apr 22, 2016 10:23 PM

Apr 2016
The first half was such a slow build, but thankfully the 2nd half amped up the pace, but I'm not sure how I feel about a dozen characters being killed all at once. Also did the other Jack die or did he just fall down the hill it was hard to tell.
Apr 22, 2016 10:25 PM

Jun 2015
My brain cells are burning. I just cannot comprehend which direction this show is trying to go to.

Anyway, Mitsumune actually got MORE annoying than he was on the first 3 episodes. Hyoukatsu's death was pointless. I was expecting more deaths but yeah ok, i'll just wait on the next episodes.

Still, many things happened with still little explanations.
Apr 22, 2016 10:29 PM

Dec 2009
Honestly I'm now invested in the mystery of exactly what the fuck is going on. A giant Mitsumune!? The driver seeing his dead daughter!? Man dat cliff hanger. I need to find out more.
Apr 22, 2016 10:33 PM

Feb 2012
best episode so far. I like the combination of comedic moments being used to (kind of) develop characters, even if it's small details, like finding out Yuuna is all for Women over men (like it wasn't obvious) and for the first time the couple not agreeing on something (Going to Hawaii)

This episode also seemed to flow much better. The scenes didn't feel choppy to me, except for that one part where they talk about the noise in the house, it's night, they leave the house, it's early morning, then the next scene it's night again. I guess it's meant to represent them waiting a day but I'd rather they just kept it all one night instead.

Many old theories gone such as Hayato being imaginary and the bus driver being the monster, but many new ones around such as what they saw.

I don't get why people are saying it's stupid the characters still think it's a bear since it seems like the story is hinting at everyone hearing and seeing the creature as something different, so I think it's fair that some level headed people like Naana would think there's a bear, which is logical to see in a mountain forest.

Also, when Maimai said a giant Mitsumune, I think that can also be translated to "There were three giant Pillars", probably not important but it's a possibility :D
Apr 22, 2016 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
above-average said:
edwd2 said:
i got the feeling that different people are seeing different things, prolly some sort of illusion.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah, I got that vibe, seems intense
Apr 22, 2016 10:40 PM

Jan 2016
Didn't enjoy this episode. I'm not really expecting this show to deliver on all this suspense, and mc's crush is getting on my nerves.

Speedstar is interacting with others now so maybe he's not an alter ego or whatever, but his personality and relationship with the mc still seem so freaking weird so idk.
Apr 22, 2016 10:44 PM

Jan 2014
So I didn't catch on at first and just thought all of them sucked at describing what was heard but yeah, now I really think they are experiencing different things. It doesn't make sense that the "monster" would sound like a siren to one person and then thunder to someone else. There's so many bizarre things going on right now that it was sort of hard to keep up. Like, did Hyoketsu no Judgeness die and how come no one said anything or went to look for him? Anyway, I hope that wasn't the real Jack that appeared. I'm rooting for him to be recognized and loved -- not feared (The whole episode before that scene I was bitching about the characters leaving him in the cell and not even going to visit him or give him food).

Speedstar is still my favorite character though. Him and Maimai bickering over Mitsumune was amusing. They're both just moping because Mitsumune has eyes for someone else~

That said, Mitsumune and Masaki are really annoying so they're perfect for each other.
Apr 22, 2016 10:45 PM

Jul 2011
30 cast members and they are all annoying asf
Apr 22, 2016 10:48 PM

Mar 2013
So the noise from the earlier episode was probably no bear after all.
The eye in the bush from the earlier episode didn't look like a bear, but this seems sure now.

Things are really starting to get intense. We can't be sure the things we see in the series are real or fake.
The busdriver saw his 10 year old daughter. In the railroad tunnel there was a "giant mitsumune".
Jack seems to have either escaped or was released by someone.
Due to the illusion people are seeing we can't be sure though if he was really in the forest.
What about the things that seem to be a given?
The tree with the 8 for example. Was it only an illusion? If it wasn't then that map was definitely a fake or a trap. Was it wrongly made by that woman on purpose?
Is Yottsun really dead or did the characters just have some kind of illusion as well? There was no blood in the river or torn clothes as well
Is that chuunibyou guy (don't know his name right now) really dead or still alive? We haven't seen their dead bodies and for yottsun we can't even be sure anymore (or can we?)
Is there an actual person out there toying with them who wants to kill them or are there other things involved.
I actually can't wait to find out how things will continue with this cast of strange characters.
Also we have 2 groups now. The people that wanna escape and the people that take shelter. I think that's definitely a nice twist to it. I'm quite curious how things will continue for both groups.
Something something something
Apr 22, 2016 10:49 PM

Jul 2009
The paranoia is real and Mikage is really an asshole.

That scene with the kid was unexpected.

Goodbye Hyoketsu no Judgeness, you won't be missed.
Apr 22, 2016 10:52 PM

Jan 2014
mintkat said:
Didn't enjoy this episode. I'm not really expecting this show to deliver on all this suspense, and mc's crush is getting on my nerves.

Speedstar is interacting with others now so maybe he's not an alter ego or whatever, but his personality and relationship with the mc still seem so freaking weird so idk.

I honestly just think Speedstar likes him and is so used to protecting him/controlling what he does that it comes off weird. Also probably because he doesn't know how to convey his feelings (Hell, he probably doesn't even realize he has them) if he actually does like him in the way I assume. I don't think it's healthy, even though he does it out of care and for what he thinks is Mitsumune's best interest but I'm sure with character development, things will become more clear and he'll mature.
Apr 22, 2016 11:02 PM
Apr 2016
We know this much:
The map/journey to the village was a linear path. The clocks at the pit stop before the drive to the village. The song koharun sang entering, about the ripping of limbs. (THE VILLAGE): The farming tools had red stains on them, they assumed it was rust. However the farm itself was well maintained. How is there dust but clean bedding? The futons had no mold. The scratch marks on the tree and the foot print on the ground: we cant assume what this is yet, but i doubt its that of a normal animal, the characters even noted that the prints seemed off. When yottsun went missing, it seems he was going for something he desired, he wanted to sex up masaki but then caught something we dont know yet, and left her behind. Also what is even more strange is when half the group left the village. Even though they followed the map in its linear form, even leaving marks of visited places, how did they go from number 90 something to 8? In a straight line? Additionally, is yottsun even dead? Lovepon was going on about executing yottsun and jack on the bridge that night, and a floating body of yottsun appeared, however they couldnt even confirm his death by finding his body. Also, lets remember the motif for this story is "starting over a new life". If i recall, when the people were singing the unlucky hippo song, when they finished the song with "now this is the end" , the bus proceeds to go into a tunnel. In japanese myth, it is said that when souls go into a "tunnel" it is beinf reincarnated and born a new life. Furthermore, the MOST suspicious thing is, if nanaki village is supposed to be an urban legend that "moves, dissappears, or doesnt exist", then why is it on a charted map, and kept secret from anyone who isnt on that tour? This means government who owns the land.

THIS COMES TO MY SPECULATION AND THEORY: the villagere are trapped on a mountain that is a spirit realm where they see illusions of their desires and past life, we can even argue maybe the passengers are actually dead and the strange occurances happening are the people alive.
Think about it like this, judge saw jack on the hill, lovepon, mitsumune, and maimai saw a floating yottsun, and everyone who thought there was a bear saw bear tracks. However NONE of these have been proven legit, we dont know if anyone is dead yet, or if jack was out and about, or if theres even a bear. The passengers are seeing what they dont want/want to see. Bus driver sees his dead daughter? He was so ready to kill his customers in a bus accident and all of a sudden his change of heart. I am loving the mystery in this so far. Loving it
Apr 22, 2016 11:08 PM

Jul 2013
The way Mitsumune hangs around Masaki is just creepy now.

Judgness LOOL, felt pretty good seeing him ruin his underwear after seeing Jack the Ripper.

Yura would be killed pretty quickly in any horror movie. He made the call to go back to the bus with no time to make it back before the sun sets if they couldn't get it to work. So what does he get everyone to do? Let's walk the rest of the way, so you're even further from the village when night hits and now you don't even have the shelter of the bus! Doesn't want to admit he made a shitty call.

So the drivers dead daughter? That's pretty sad. Guessing there's illusions going on but we'll see, Big Mitsumune needs to be explained.
Apr 22, 2016 11:12 PM

Feb 2016
Giant mitsumune wtf?
Apr 22, 2016 11:19 PM

Oct 2014
sure the characters are weird but the mood is actually really good, it's got such a dark and creepy atmosphere and the tension caused by fear was done really well

Oct 2015
Dat cliffhanger.

This episode is a hell of a lot better than episode 2 or 3, and my faith in this mystery has been restored. I'm legitimately enjoying the hell out of this show, both the atmosphere/mystery and the campy as fuck characters.

It's obviously not going for a slasher/horror type story so I'm not sure why so many people are complaining about the lack of character deaths, or the fact that they aren't showing the character "deaths".

I am anxiously awaiting episode 5, and I hope that this mystery pays off, though honestly I am enjoying the campy ass dialogue and characters enough that even if the show doesn't pay off I will probably get a lot of ironic enjoyment out of it.
Apr 2016
My theory
Well it's only ep4 so hopefully am wrong and there is a different explanation. I want to be surprised.
Apr 22, 2016 11:29 PM

Jan 2014
kiddruki said:
The way Mitsumune hangs around Masaki is just creepy now.

Judgness LOOL, felt pretty good seeing him ruin his underwear after seeing Jack the Ripper.

Yura would be killed pretty quickly in any horror movie. He made the call to go back to the bus with no time to make it back before the sun sets if they couldn't get it to work. So what does he get everyone to do? Let's walk the rest of the way, so you're even further from the village when night hits and now you don't even have the shelter of the bus! Doesn't want to admit he made a shitty call.

So the drivers dead daughter? That's pretty sad. Guessing there's illusions going on but we'll see, Big Mitsumune needs to be explained.

Yeah, I thought the best solution would be to take shelter in the bus to be safe from the "monster" but he was just all, "Let's go as far as we can before it gets dark!" and for a supposed smart character, that was pretty dumb.
Apr 22, 2016 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
A lot of things going on in this episode. Watching Lovepon go crazy is pretty entertaining, I hope she sticks around.
Apr 22, 2016 11:34 PM

Jan 2014
So far the only characters I like are the gun fanatics, Valkana, Jack, Lion, NANKO and Lovepon. As for the rest of the characters, my feelings toward them range from seriously hate to mildly dislike to "who tf is this?"

I honestly feel like Lovepon will survive to the end, though, even though she's psychotic. Like

If not to the end, at least be one of the last to die.

Judgeness' death was by far one of the lamest deaths I've ever witnessed in any form of media, though I was certainly glad he finally was shut up.
Apr 22, 2016 11:34 PM

Sep 2008
First of all, my batshit girl Lovepon was almost absent and she didn't even call for any executions, which was disappointing. But now I've switched to Maimai as Best Girl, and I hope bad nothing happens to her.

Obviously they are all seeing illusions that are specific to them. Judgeness sees Jack, Maimai sees a giant Mitsumune because she's crushed on him, the driver sees his dead daughter, etc. Everyone has a different idea of what the "monster" sounds like.

The fact that the Rapper's death wasn't even confirmed is troubling. Maybe his body was an illusion too. Maybe nobody really dies (which would actually suck because I would love for about half of this cast to kick it in Corpse Party style lol).

Misaki definitely holding back a lot, I think she's been to the village before. Or she saw something when Rapper dude tried to rape her.

Yeah, it's a little cheesy, but there's plenty of suspense and mystery. Really one of the best animes of the season imo. I'm sticking with this one to the end and I'm sure there will be many twists and turns up ahead. 4/5 for the episode, 8/10 for the series so far.
Apr 22, 2016 11:37 PM
Jul 2018
This is getting more interesting.

Jack got out of the prison!

That cliffhanger.
Apr 22, 2016 11:39 PM

Jul 2012
This is the best episode so far imo. Maybe because I'm starting to accept most of the shows faults at this point. A lot of the characters are really stupid, I want to know what's gonna happen! So much tension in the 2nd half. Wtf is a giant Mitsumune?!

No one checked on Jack and left him in complete darkness with no food or water for a whole day? They're some cruel people!

One thing that still bothers me though is how when someone finds something really creep/scary, everyone else would come and look at the person first before they look at what the person is looking at.
Apr 22, 2016 11:41 PM
Mar 2013
They need to throw this trash down the drain.

4 eps and still havent learned a god damn thing.

And i normally go 3 eps to see wtf is going on and when so close, this dumb bitch dropped the damn flashlight and we see nothing. If this was a horror movie on the big screen it would be hot garbage.

Speculation, speculation speculation.

I'm so tired of this
Apr 22, 2016 11:48 PM
Aug 2014
the best and worst part, there's no source material so everybody is on the same boat sailing for another week.
Apr 22, 2016 11:48 PM

Nov 2008
I think all of these people are high. xDD

Giant Mitsumune? I'm sure people she just wants him xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 22, 2016 11:49 PM
Jan 2013
SKP138 said:
Comedic Anime of the year goes to....

MAYOIGA!

LOL, you are my hero!!

this anime is so dumb, my god! let's list everything wrong:

- Stupid MC lost sight of the dead body! of course, they are dragged by stream and you leave it to get your friend!
- Stupid clingy MC! 3 eps, no development!
- Superstitious Masaki, and MC who blindly believes. he's masaki's zealot or something?
- overly enthusiastic tour guide! i mean someone's gone. doesn't take genius to notice that this guide is incompetent as fuck!
- Search and Rescue stopped because it's dark! wtf?
- Someone's gone and everyone acts like a kid in disneyland!
- Hyouketsu no Judgement fall off and everyone just run like a bitch! what the hell?

i hope everyone die a suffering death, i pray masaki raped and tortured to oblivion!
my god! i would endure more, let's see if it gets better!
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.