Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2016 2:36 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chinese raws are out now.

Really liked the OST (around 6:15+ mark) in the first half of the episode with Mumei in action and she really knows how to fight with weapons and with her hands when subduing one of the guys trying to intimidate her. Episode ends with the superiors suspecting Ikoma as being "one of them" until Mumei defends him. Honestly, I think she's one of the very few allies I think he's got now.

ED theme song by Aimer is nice.

Stark700Apr 14, 2016 2:40 PM
Apr 14, 2016 3:42 PM

Aug 2013
Mumei is the Levi of Koutetsujou no Kabaneri but not as OP as Levi.
Apr 14, 2016 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
Really liked the action scenes in this episode, also every "lighter" scene was great. Especially loved this one:
"Hope you will remember that the one who saved you all was also the one you left behind!"
"Are you stupid? Why are you crying?"
Protagonists interactions and personalities are very interesting. Mumei is reckless but skilled and doesn't give a damn about what the other might think. Ikoma on the other hand is on the best way to become martyr, but this 'nerdy' side of him is sweet :D
Oh and the ending is great! Can't wait for May 11th!
eneviApr 14, 2016 4:44 PM
Apr 14, 2016 4:07 PM

Jun 2013
So it's out, Well better late than Never.

Well seeing it's around 2:08 am here. heading to bed and watching this at morning...subs are then out most likely.

well cannot wait how Ikoma survives to the train...and especially with that Virus stowaway that is in his body currently...Trailer/preview showed us that We might start hate that one Samurai soon

hohoho, the Awaited ending is here... cannot wait!

*EDIT*

HOly SHit.....WHen Opening is Official...it looks so damn Good. BTW what does Kabaneri Mean...Kabane is Corpse i Think....Corpse Slayer?

...Ah...Ikoma might have should have Keep his Mouth shut about being bitten By Kabane...Even if guy he told is his BF....His Face tells everything...and people think this as Curse even if it is a Virus....People do shitty things when they are scared.

O__O Aaand..this is Official Gong for Mumei's Bad Assness....if Last Episode's Head Kicking did not do it for you....Took guy down in 2 Seconds...I think...or Was it 1 Second?
She is FREAKING GODDAMN BAD ASS!!!! ME LIKEY!!! Army Kabane VS Mumei...Winner MUMEI!!! XD

...Oh O_O S***..arrived to Train...but have to check the Body....oh F**K, OH F**K...
Whew....those Kabane's arrived Good Time. XD now Ikoma Kills them gets to Board to Train.
ah....Mumei took the Spotlight...

And she knows what Ikoma is all right....and By Opening scenes I say that she is same as him...Not a Human but not Kabane.
and Just now....what THE HELL ARE KABANERIs!?

Oh Damn...Bad time to virus show it's head.

That Loyal Samurai of Ayame Keshi or something....Shot Ikoma...I understand why...but....Still want to Punch him...a LOT!!!!!

Wait....That Blond Engineer..is A Guy!? HE LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN!!! XD Toguh that He was before he opened his Mouth and Spoke by Guy's Voice.

Yeah...Ikoma is literally telling those Bunshi's F**k you, You abandoned me and I still Saved you guys.
and he did it front of Entire Train...so While it might not win everyone to his Side...he still got very good Approval and base from that. Did what Some Bunshi would have done.

Takumi at least shows us that he is True Friend...trust his Memories and Experience with Ikoma more that Fear and superstition of Kabane...

and I say this now...That Guy...the Retainer whose follower Mumei Beat the SHit off.....is going to Cause Trouble....

Mumei....reveals herself to Be.....Well this is better than last Episode's Cliffhanger...but still pure 9......series just became 9/10 Stars in my list!

ending is.....AWESOME
JarjaxleApr 15, 2016 2:39 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 14, 2016 4:51 PM

Jun 2009
The ending song was amazing;D
gives me the attack on titan feels doh
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Apr 14, 2016 5:17 PM

Mar 2015
Oh my, the ending is so much better than the opening
Apr 14, 2016 6:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I did not expect China to snipe Japan like this lol
Apr 14, 2016 6:37 PM

Mar 2011
How can you even spoil yourself with an inferior, no quality, censored version of the show? It even have giant chinese hardsubs imbued in the video. Shame on you all!
Apr 14, 2016 6:41 PM
Oct 2012
The episode got fansubbed but they didn't get synced.
swabluemeApr 14, 2016 7:29 PM
Apr 14, 2016 6:42 PM

Apr 2015
ED Song

Also new visual OP

Apr 14, 2016 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
The ED's pretty cool; quite like the song. And I'm not gonna bother watching the Chinese raws due to the censoring since that sounds terrible.
Apr 14, 2016 7:23 PM
Apr 2016
Please people links to the raw version Please!!!
Apr 14, 2016 8:15 PM

Apr 2008
Gotta love Mumei~ And so Ikoma turned himself into a Kabaneri without even realizing it. How interesting
Apr 14, 2016 8:15 PM

Apr 2008
Demonneo said:
How can you even spoil yourself with an inferior, no quality, censored version of the show? It even have giant chinese hardsubs imbued in the video. Shame on you all!

You're wrong. There exists a proper uncensored raw
Apr 14, 2016 8:30 PM
Jan 2016
Does anyone have any idea what Mumei says? Roppun Seijou? Roppun Shoujo? Roppun Shinjou? Roppun Seidou, etc? I have no idea what she says there. Like I understand the Chinese translation, but I have no idea what the second word is.
Apr 14, 2016 9:20 PM

Apr 2013
wow that egoist OP is hnnnnnggg
Apr 14, 2016 9:24 PM
Aug 2015
Ugh, this took me twice the time to watch because I absolutely suck at reading Chinese. I thought you meant that they were speaking Chinese for some reason haha. Probably going to watch it again once the English subs come out.

This kind of reminds of Ajin, where once the people become infected with the Kabane virus, they aren't considered human anymore. Kind of serves Ikuma right for being so cocky with killing the Kabane though.
Apr 14, 2016 9:27 PM
Feb 2016
ItzKell said:
Does anyone have any idea what Mumei says? Roppun Seijou? Roppun Shoujo? Roppun Shinjou? Roppun Seidou, etc? I have no idea what she says there. Like I understand the Chinese translation, but I have no idea what the second word is.

Yeah, "六根清净" basically means freedom from desires. It's a buddhist term for "achieving Nirvana" which along with the Karma mentioned in the first episode, probably implies that Mumei is a Buddhist. "六根" (Liùgēn in Chinese, Rokkon in Japanese) means the six senses: taste, touch, sight, hearing, smelling, and "mind" or "intuition". "清净" (Qīngjìng in Chinese, Shōjō in Japanese) means clean and quiet, which is what Nirvana is believed to be like. It sounds like Shōjo as in the demographic, but it's not.

So she says Rokkon Shōjō as she beheads the Kabane, joking about sending him to an early Nirvana.

Source:
Wikitionary @ https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E5%85%AD#Kanji
Being Chinese
Other sources with info on Buddhism and Nirvana
Apr 14, 2016 10:04 PM

Apr 2015
Demonneo said:

Come on, it is censored and hardsubbed, but 720p is by no means "low quality".
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Apr 14, 2016 11:47 PM
Apr 2015
The report online is that episode 2 got delayed a week because of the earthquake in Japan. Tokyo Toshokan doesn't have RAW for it either.
Apr 15, 2016 12:10 AM
Jul 2012
Demonneo said:

You're wrong about the quality and censorship. Also, you do know that not everyone here is monolingual right? You can already see that there quite a number of Chinese people here - including me as well. I watched the episode at qingkong and I didn't see any censorship.

You know, it's fine if you don't like Chinese people considering that the mainland Chineses have gotten every one of us a bad reputation. However, anime isn't related to that. I wouldn't hate on English subs just because I hate Americans/British people (hypothetically). It's a retarded way of thinking if you ask me.
Apr 15, 2016 12:25 AM

May 2009
Chaiwallah said:
The report online is that episode 2 got delayed a week because of the earthquake in Japan. Tokyo Toshokan doesn't have RAW for it either.

Chinese streaming site leaked the episode
Apr 15, 2016 12:53 AM

Nov 2013
Sourire said:
wow that egoist OP is hnnnnnggg

Worse, In my opinion.
Apr 15, 2016 1:05 AM

Dec 2012
So, Mumei falls asleep after pulling a Guts on the kabane :)

Best moment - Dad on the rails Takuma stepping backwards when seeing Ikoma's glowing heart.

Whoever said that Kurusu will be gathering hate, he was damn right. What an annoying useless samurai.

Yukina gets into focus.

Action is fantastic, ED is surprisingly mellow, OP is solid great.

---

People in Japan, stay strong!
Apr 15, 2016 2:08 AM

Nov 2009
I hate that bodyguard of Ayame's, such a narrow-minded guy, not only did he shoot Ikoma without even trying to understand what happened, he wanted to kill him a second time, even after Ikoma saved all of their asses. Good thing Mumei was able to wake up in time to save Ikoma from him for the time being. Which doesn't guarantee that they both won't be shot in the next episode by those "bushi".

Ikoma's friend is a real bro tho'. I have a lot of respect for him now. Him shouting that Ikoma is his friend is the best moment of the episode.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ayame. She's a bit too naive and whimpy for now letting her bodyguard decide for her, I hope she gets her shit together soon and become a badass leader for the survivors.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 15, 2016 2:37 AM
Apr 2015
AnonSubs has episode 2 on Tokyo Toshokan now.
Apr 15, 2016 2:39 AM

Oct 2015
New visuals for op

\
Apr 15, 2016 2:40 AM

Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
Chaiwallah said:

Chinese streaming site leaked the episode

I hope this does not piss the Makers enough that they will delay next episode as objection
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 15, 2016 3:40 AM

Sep 2015
Aimer and chelly for the ED *-* (I still prefer the OP, epicness 9000+)
I wonder how Mumei became a Kabaneri !
Apr 15, 2016 4:03 AM

Aug 2012
Mumei is probably going to be my favorite female character of this season.

I sure hope the opening didn't spoil who Mumei could potentially be.

Mumei and Ikoma are both kabaneri. I thought Mumei would be one since episode one as well but I wasn't to sure. Again the opening on episode one gave it away. I wonder what she went through to be in the state she is in now. Ikoma seems fine at the end. He's been bitten several times but I'm guessing as long as his head isn't munched on he's fine.

Overall good episode. I liked the new visuals to the opening.
NecromiaApr 15, 2016 4:31 AM
Apr 15, 2016 4:03 AM

Nov 2012
Not bad, but there are quite a few things that I don't really like...

Hard to argue with those saying this is a copy of SnK when the zombie like creatures of this series look pretty similar to the titans of Snk. I like the how the heart of this creatures look, but other than that their physical appearance really look a lot like the titans of SnK.

On the other hand, I guess that is not really a virus, and it is just a preconception of the MC. I mean, sure the virus didn't get to head, but neither his blood. Not sure about the logic of that.... Whatever...
Apr 15, 2016 4:07 AM

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
jose21 said:
Not bad, but there are quite a few things that I don't really like...

Hard to argue with those saying this is a copy of SnK when the zombie like creatures of this series look pretty similar to the titans of Snk. I like the how the heart of this creatures look, but other than that their physical appearance really look a lot like the titans of SnK.

On the other hand, I guess that is not really a virus, and it is just a preconception of the MC. I mean, sure the virus didn't get to head, but neither his blood. Not sure about the logic of that.... Whatever...

oh yea cause these zombies are totally tall as buildings =_= jesus fucking christ it takes very little for you to call something a copy doesn't it?

I not talking about size wise, just their shape. There are quite a few that really look like zombies, but other than that you see the fat and some skinny humanoid creatures like in Snk...
Apr 15, 2016 4:10 AM

Apr 2008
jose21 said:
Darklight0303 said:

oh yea cause these zombies are totally tall as buildings =_= jesus fucking christ it takes very little for you to call something a copy doesn't it?

I not talking about size wise, just their shape. There are quite a few that really look like zombies, but other than that you see the fat and some skinny humanoid creatures like in Snk...

That's still not enough to call it a copy. Zombies in all shapes and forms existed BEFORE SNK/. SO Snk was a copy of all those other stories then? =_= Calling something a copy is the LAZIEST excuse >_>
Apr 15, 2016 4:10 AM

Aug 2010
The OP visuals are amazing. Love the ED song more tho. It's so good!
Still not better than Re:zero's ED imo but pretty close.

How is Mumei so <3
Apr 15, 2016 4:13 AM

Apr 2008
Barion-Zara said:
The OP visuals are amazing. Love the ED song more tho. It's so good!
Still not better than Re:zero's ED imo but pretty close.

How is Mumei so <3

Mumei is deff girl of the season ~ Love her fighting style
Apr 15, 2016 4:19 AM

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:

That's still not enough to call it a copy. Zombies in all shapes and forms existed BEFORE SNK/. SO Snk was a copy of all those other stories then? =_= Calling something a copy is the LAZIEST excuse >_>

Sorry if there is any misunderstanding, but no I am not calling this series a copy of Snk. I am just complaining a little ok, perhaps I overreacted, about the art of the zombies. Also, I used the expression "Hard to argue with those saying this is a copy of SnK" because I also don't agree that this is a copy (Plot wise) of Snk.
Apr 15, 2016 4:24 AM
Jul 2018
daaammmittt this is fkin amazing!
does anyone know how many eps this is gonna be? o:
Apr 15, 2016 4:29 AM

Nov 2015
Ooh... Kabaneri!
Nice track in Mumei's fight scenes, she was a badass with the last old man Kabane lol.
Ikoma is really different from Eren that he has a positive prospective towards things.
I just hope some people stop calling this a AoT sequel as this has a lot of potential.
Saw a lot of people really think the ED is great, I thought it was good and a little mix of soft rock perhaps? Nonetheless this has a long way to go!
The pacing was much improved in this ep and I hope they just keep it that way...
Apr 15, 2016 4:37 AM

Jul 2014
just saw the raw with english and chinese subtitle clashed together lol. was still readable tho.

mumei is so sexaaaay <3

also, aimer xD
Apr 15, 2016 4:43 AM

Mar 2016
decent so far .. 7 out of 10

ending is quite good
Apr 15, 2016 4:54 AM

Jan 2015
So the Ikoma's VA are really the same as Ushio's VA. Just realized it the moment he got hyped up knowing his needle gun really works.
You know what I LIKE about Mumei from this episode? Not her battle style, but still battle-related... It's the moment Mumei told Ayame that lots of people died because Ayame didn't know about how to conduct a battle.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 15, 2016 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
jose21 said:

its a virus and Ikoma already said it. if the virus doesn't reach the brain they won't turn only the heart. look closely

Note: its best to LEAVE YOUR SnK vibes/comparison behind and watch the series as it it.
Apr 15, 2016 5:03 AM

Sep 2010
MC keeps on trying to do the good thing and he does and yet the world still rejects him. It isn't just because of his form now. When he was normal human in first episode he was still getting wreck by his "COMRADES".

Truly. If that is how humanity looks in that world then MC shouldn't really mind leaving such race behind.

Another great episode BTW... still the hype for this anime is real and to me that enormous hype is not meet. This truly been a great anime so far but not on that overhyped level.

For now the series seem to ride on the Action scenes and great disaster that happens around. There truly is a need of that breathing episode soon.
Apr 15, 2016 5:13 AM

Dec 2014
That was a great episode, Really intense.

Mumei is badass, Love her already.

Ikoma's words when he pulled the lever showed how disgusted he was in humanity and particularly the people in the train, Showing no signs of gratitude even though he saved them.
Felt sad for him :(

Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 15, 2016 5:19 AM

Apr 2008
Lelouch0202 said:
That was a great episode, Really intense.

Mumei is badass, Love her already.

Ikoma's words when he pulled the lever showed how disgusted he was in humanity and particularly the people in the train, Showing no signs of gratitude even though he saved them.
Felt sad for him :(

Can't wait for the next episode.

I agree that was a rough scene. All the things he did and they still turned out him out of blind fear.
Apr 15, 2016 5:22 AM

Jun 2015
I'm not sure how I feel about this show. It's not bad but seems a little over the top.
:)
Apr 15, 2016 5:25 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode. Still getting immense SnK vibes, but well, that's not a bad thing I guess.
Apr 15, 2016 5:31 AM

Mar 2011
Samhiuy said:
Demonneo said:

You're wrong about the quality and censorship. Also, you do know that not everyone here is monolingual right? You can already see that there quite a number of Chinese people here - including me as well. I watched the episode at qingkong and I didn't see any censorship.

You know, it's fine if you don't like Chinese people considering that the mainland Chineses have gotten every one of us a bad reputation. However, anime isn't related to that. I wouldn't hate on English subs just because I hate Americans/British people (hypothetically). It's a retarded way of thinking if you ask me.

I have no idea how you concluded i do not like Chinese people and at this point i'm too affraid to ask....
Apr 15, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2013
Subtitles sucked big time. But the episode itself was pretty moving and entertaining.
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Apr 15, 2016 5:39 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Another good episode, not a big fan of Mumei, but whatever. Still liking the MC though.

4/5
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.