Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2016 8:42 PM

Jun 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
They got around to telling everyone that they've basically declared war with Chevalier.

Then Suna tells them that's not what they should be worrying about, and introduces the new project. Project Exit Revenant.
Apparently Aoi Gengo has a plan for humans to transcend and be able to fight on equal footing with the Nova, with Kazuya leading them of course.

Though it looks like everything's been happening too fast and it's all gone to Kazuya's head at the end with Stella there.
I wonder what's going to bring him back to his senses this time...

Also, what happened to Arcadia?
I haven't seen her in the last few chapters since the fighting.
Apr 9, 2016 8:55 PM
Dec 2012
Man, this RAW really has me on edge! I wanna know what's happened between these characters, and what's going to happen next so badly! I get the impression that Gengo wants Kazuya to breed with Maria or something so they can have more powerful soldiers. Kinda like a restart of Project Arcadia.
Apr 9, 2016 9:49 PM

Jun 2013
Lol, I don't think that's going to happen xD
Gengo loves Maria so doing something like that would be a little too excessive even for this manga.

It's already gotten to the point where those alive right now are probably the only ones that can stop the Nova. There wouldn't be anymore time to start another project like Project Arcadia.

I feel like what's going to happen is that Kazuya will use his powers and force all the Pandora around the world to transcend. That might be what triggers the rest of the world to transcend as well.

If anything, I'm more concerned about how exactly Gengo plans to make the Nova powerless; Did he mean it as the transcended Pandora would get far more powerful and be able to defeat them, or that humanity itself would become transcended beings like them and be on equal footing?
Apr 9, 2016 10:15 PM
Dec 2012
From what I saw at the end of the chapter I'm nervous that Kazuya is gonna pull a Ryuuichi on Satella.
Apr 10, 2016 12:04 AM

Jun 2013
Yeah, same here.
Also, from what he said, it was practically a parallel in a way to what his dad said.

I think he's either going to snap out of it himself once he notices what he's doing, or Stella/somebody is going to force him to snap out of it. I have the feeling it might be a combination of the two though.

Hopefully I'm right.
Apr 10, 2016 8:08 AM
Dec 2012
Wait? What did he say to her?
Apr 10, 2016 4:17 PM

Jun 2013
Well, you know how his dad cracked and decided to 'go along with his fate'.

Kazuya basically cracked as well when Stella was asking for Kazuya to come and join all of them to discuss the situation. Kazuya responded by saying "Because I'm Aoi Gengo's family?!" - ('Because he's related to Aoi Gengo?!')
And then started yelling about how they want him there not for who he is, but what he can do and that they don't care about him but want him for his power. - That's basically how Kazuya was responding to Stella who was trying to reason and say that's not why they wanted him to be there.

On the last page he says:
"What about my power?..."

"You mean my ability to control a Pandora however I want like this?!"
Apr 11, 2016 7:38 PM
Dec 2012
Damn. I thank you for the context. It was driving me up the wall. Do you read Japanese, or did you read a summary elsewhere?
Apr 12, 2016 2:47 PM

Jun 2013
You're welcome :)

I can read Japanese. I just have trouble with some of the kanji, so it takes a little bit longer for me to read it than it should. Otherwise I can understand what's being said pretty well.

I summarized it myself and translated the last page to the English that I wrote in my post above. It should be pretty accurate as is.
Jun 26, 2016 6:51 PM

Nov 2011
I hope Kazuya isn't going to lose it just because of the big responsibility just put on his shoulders..

So weird seeing Maria this chapter.
Jun 27, 2016 9:47 AM

Aug 2010
DO IT!!!! lol

Gengo mindfucked him XD
Jul 17, 2016 7:50 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Kazuya finally showing backbone? Nah.....just batshit crazy.....someone will slap him back to reality in a chapter or two.
Sep 24, 2016 7:47 PM

May 2015
*Sighs perpetually*

Okay seriously Kazuya's whole family can burn for all I care at this point, all this b*llshit drama is just annoying.

The author is dragging out the family drama too much. Also Kazuya's overly dramatic response to his family's dark past being unveiled feels counterproductive to the story, because in the beginning of the series when the Pandora were getting wrecked by the Nova (may as well call the first volumes "Attack on Nova") everyone was freakin out which makes sense when large extra-terrestrial beings with paralysis (Freezing), insta-kill laser beams, etc. are pitted against high schoolers. But this is not the beginning arc its chapter 204! Kazuya has experienced and survived horrifying battles with the nova many times so I don’t think it’s wrong for me to expect him to have decent amount of emotional poise, however instead he reverts back to being a wuss over family sh*t that went down before he could even walk thus damaging the story's sense of character development.

Also what the f*ck is up with this writer? A few chapters ago he was willingly/unwillingly mentally raping a bunch of girls to do his bidding and none of them succeeded in killing him, which is amazing given some of their personalities. A chapter ago he had finally a kiss with Stella and now he wants to rape her? What the fuck is this writing? Does Kazuya suffer from bipolar disorder and his trigger is Gengo saying "Stop being a b*tch"? This sh*t is f*cking pathetic.

What Gengo did was turn his own family into test subjects and gamble on them becoming something more so they can fight for themselves in the future. The thing is I hate the old man because he ruined his boy life and now his grandchild life. He raised them as normal people and when they were old enough he threw all the weight of their fate too them all at once. He should have raised them slowly telling them the truth 1 by 1 not all at once. That is why they were scared and had difficulties to accept the truth of their birth. He is doing the right thing in the wrong way.

Now onto Kazuya... At this point, I think I'm going to stop defending Kazuya's bullsh*t... Everything else up to this point was excusable and understandable given the circumstances and the lack of proper character development for him, but now it's just dragging on and he's regressing. He's not looking at the bigger picture... Put your emotional baggage to the side and take responsibility and do what only you can or don't. The only thing his family seems to know is how to argue and waste precious time...

Also can we have one male character aside from Andre in this story who isn't a Useless Whiny b*tch, an @sshole, or a Rape crazy a$$hole???
Roy_FockerNov 25, 2016 4:18 PM
Nov 25, 2016 7:14 AM
Jul 2009
Roy_Focker said:

Well said--I agree with you.

My biggest problem with Kazuya right now is his constant tendency to feel instead of think. It seems that whenever he talks to Gengo, his first action (or at least one of his first) is what you saw in this chapter: confrontation. He doesn't try to understand what Gengo is saying, he just dismisses it as Gengo "obviously" acting against him.

Never mind the fact that Chevalier wants Gengo dead. Never mind the fact that--as he now knows--Kazuya and co. are marked for death just as Gengo is.

Never mind the fact that the Nova don't care about *ANY* of these things, and will slaughter everyone wholesale if they get the chance.

Never mind the fact that it's Gengo's "machinations" that allowed them to continue drawing breath. Never mind the fact that, without Gengo, all they have left is the Chevalier--and we know what they think of our overly emotional protagonist's crew.

You're totally right--Gengo's gone about all this in the wrong way, practically beating everyone involved in a primary or otherwise critical capacity over the head with their "duty"--even if it is the truth, he should be able to see that he's dealing with a bunch of sensitive babies, and should sugarcoat things accordingly. Said babies are ultimately good people--they'd come around in due time, with the right words.

Though, again, Gengo is not entirely innocent, here. The aforementioned may be overly sensitive, but he does treat them like pawns. It's just that--as you said--by now, Kazuya should not only be tougher (how many people have died around him?), he should have picked up on what his grandfather is doing by now--and what he is not.

Here's a hint for Kazuya: Gengo is not doing what your flaring emotions tell you.

Here's a tip for him, as well: Taking out your frustrations on people who've nothing to do with it--like your loving and loyal girlfriend--is almost invariably a Bad Thing™.

More topics from this board

» Chances of the manga being continued?

KhGojo - Oct 6, 2023

3 by removed-user »»
Jan 7, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Freezing Chapter 96 Discussion

Cirris - May 13, 2012

21 by Heavenknight »»
Aug 11, 2023 1:33 PM

» whats the update of the story is it even close to ending?

deg - May 4, 2020

7 by Sene0 »»
Jan 26, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Freezing Chapter 50 Discussion

KaminaKai - Sep 10, 2010

34 by RdArchfiend »»
Jan 13, 2023 4:17 PM

» Any updates?

ModusOperandi - Nov 10, 2022

1 by KryoticSyn »»
Dec 15, 2022 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.