3It was OK
8.3%
2Disliked it
0.5%
1Hated it
2.0%
Average 4.5
602 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2016 11:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I think the finale was exciting enough.

I swear though, the public officers and police are so useless. Kei's pretty much on the government's hit-list as a public enemy now. Almost feels kinda bad for him. Finale went pretty much all out with Ajin action though so I'm satisfied with that. I'm curious to see how this will differ from the final movie.

Apr 8, 2016 12:56 PM

Jan 2015
Nice ending. Kei couldn't live peacefully in that village anymore sigh :/
Apr 8, 2016 1:40 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nice ending to this series. I'm expecting the second movie to be similar to the second half of this TV series, and the third movie should take place after the events of the TV series.

5/5
Apr 8, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
I wasn't expecting Kei to escape with Fukuyama Jun's character. Really thrilling episode! Sato announcing he's gonna assassinate some government people was something I was expecting. He finally opened his eyes in the end.
Apr 8, 2016 5:11 PM

Oct 2014
I never comment on anything... but I have to share that I was totaly giggling and fangirling over Kei's IBM :DDDD
Apr 8, 2016 5:31 PM

Jul 2015
I won't be able to sleep well after seeing Satou finally opening his eyes, that was scary.

Anyone knows from which chapter should I continue with the manga? The story is really interesting.
Apr 8, 2016 6:24 PM

Aug 2013
Well, that was unexpected. Kei saving Kou was something hard to believe but I think Satou made him run out of patience. I hope it gets another season to see how it ends. 4/5 for the episode.

Now talking about the anime in general, it was really good, I didn't even imagine I could get to like something which used full-CGI animation, but this show had some amazing moment. I didn't like some things (for example, where the hell is Kai? He was one of the most important characters in the first episodes and then he suddenly disappeared) but it's a totally recommendable show. 7,5/10 for me, had a few weak episodes but overall was my winter's favorite!
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Apr 9, 2016 1:25 AM

Sep 2015
We are forced to watch the sequel :(
I was surprised Kei ran away with Kou tho
Apr 9, 2016 1:36 AM

Mar 2014
You know something's bad when it takes years for the ENG subbed version to come out and you have to watch it with French subtitles

1/10

Not even the yaoi bait at the end could save this
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 9, 2016 3:20 AM

Mar 2016
Wow, that truly was awesome. This has proved that CGI anime can be very good .
The best show of the winter season, i think, since the end of Erased was disappointing. An d now, with Satou finally opening his eyes (that was scary, I bumped on my chair), if ther isn't a second season, that would be so horrible.
This series deserved to be watched for what it is and not for a CGI series.
Apr 9, 2016 4:00 AM

Jan 2014
I am still a bit confused about the way they chose to end the series. The latter part of the episode is anime-original and somehow manages to make Tosaki even a bigger a*hole, but Shimomura getting the chance to show off was a good addition.
Also,

Now hoping the 2nd movie will go a little bit further than where we're at now...
Apr 9, 2016 6:21 AM

Aug 2010
Loved this ep and this series overall. Definitely top3 of the season for me.

The way Kei and Kou escaped was fun. Lol'd at how granny was enjoying being used as hostage XD I really want to know how Kei could form his IBM whenever he wanted like that. Is he special or can any Ajin do that under certain circumstances?
Kou blowing up the police car was lol and the jump at the end. He sure overcame his fear of heights XD

Satou opening his eyes was :O

Anyway overall, Satou is one of the coolest Old men I've seen in animu. Dude's BA killing himself all the time like nothing and riding a falling skyscraper/planes lol
Kei's an awesome MC too. Love his personality a lot. Definitely unique. Need more Kai tho

9/10 for me
Apr 9, 2016 9:08 AM
Apr 2014
ANIME ORIGINAL ENDING with a bunch of nonsense, horrible idea to follow the (canon) SAT massacre swiss cheese with even more holes
>Tosaki can now see IBMs
>Kei and Nakano resisting and magically waking up from tranquilizers and Kei having a shonen hero MC moment with the IBM
>Kei frees Nakano just like that and he starts following him after being imprisoned for so long
>Kei and Nakano confronting Tosaki right now makes no sense considering what happens next
That scene with the old man getting BTFO by Shinomura and Tosaki was nice I guess.
They probably thought the events of Kei leaving the village in the manga weren't exciting and explosive enough to end the anime, don't worry though they're still following the main story they just changed the events, will probably be continued in the 3rd movie.
Overall the anime was fairly entertaining with it's barely watchable CGI but I hate the censorship and the skipped plane crash.
5/10.
Apr 9, 2016 10:48 AM

May 2009
Satou opened his eyes. Shit got real. :<

Hope for another season.
Apr 9, 2016 1:12 PM
Nov 2014
If anybody wants season 2 of Ajin, Give me a hell yeah!!!
Apr 10, 2016 1:57 AM

Sep 2014
It was a good show, I'm looking forward the sequel !

Drake1000 said:

>Kei and Nakano resisting and magically waking up from tranquilizers

Tosaki shot them, so they wake up (like Satou in a previous episode)
SpaceMarsouinApr 10, 2016 2:02 AM
+Lunai+

Apr 10, 2016 5:08 AM

Oct 2006
It was a great series overall, the story was good enough to neglect the CGI scenes which were incredibly jarring in the first episode...but actually turned out really good for scenes like the IBMs.
I was on edge for the majority of the series, which is a good thing. Hopefully the third movie continues from this series as I can't wait to see what Kei and Kou decide to do.
9/10
Apr 10, 2016 9:00 AM
Mar 2014
Great episode but somewhat confusing. This episode was too different from the manga but the end was still the same.
Hope they will continue to make season 2. Some people have been wasting sucha good anime just because of the art.
Satou opened his eyes!!!!!
Apr 10, 2016 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
I'm so happy to have watched it, even if it was CGI. The story is so interesting and that last episode was full of actions. It was totally epic, Good job Polygon Pictures !
Apr 10, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2007
My opinion on this is somewhat divided.

On the one hand it was probably the anime I enjoyed most during this winter season.

On the other hand however I'm REALLY fed up with animes ending half way through a story line ... especially 13 episode shows.

I watch these things while I'm eating lunch, dinner etc. I don't have time for novels or mangas and when I watch a show I do NOT want it to be a teaser for some printed stuff. :/
Apr 10, 2016 3:13 PM

Aug 2015
...and the this seasons most annoying character is Kei Nagai, congratulations...
5.5/10
Apr 10, 2016 3:44 PM

Dec 2012
Kei saying goodbye to Granny.
Kei & Kou working together again. Now its time to take out Satou.
Love seeing IBM's battle each other. Seems like he can summon a lot more than Tosaki thought.
The police failed to capture them again.

No reward money for Kita-san.

Satou announcing a 2nd wave- assassination of people involved in the conspiracy.
3rd wave- Him ruling the country.
He opened his eyes.

Overall a really good show. A lot better than I expected. You get use to the CG after a while so that was not a problem for me.
Sad that people won't give this show a shot because of the CG animation.
This gets a 7/10 for me.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 10, 2016 3:56 PM

Dec 2013
This was really different from the manga but I still really enjoyed it. Probably more than what happened in the manga.

Kei was badass in this episode. Tosaki really underestimated him.

Looking forward to the movies.
Apr 10, 2016 4:20 PM
Nov 2015
ReinisM said:
...and the this seasons most annoying character is Kei Nagai, congratulations...
5.5/10

Yeah he is an annoying little brat. An anti-hero of sorts. Hope he changes for the better, since he seems to be the protagonist for the series.
Apr 10, 2016 4:26 PM

Mar 2011
Well, I really liked that opening song, sadly way more than anime ; p 6/10 for season.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Apr 10, 2016 4:48 PM

Jan 2016
Kei's IBM <3
that "Don't fuck with me" just fucked with tosaki so hard, they were dead asleep and then he killed them, and them both at that XD
as of now, this was the anime ending, I think it was a good one. Kei is a legend!

Apr 10, 2016 5:00 PM

Sep 2009
Satou is the best shit that happened this season.
Apr 10, 2016 5:15 PM

Sep 2013
awesome fights between the IBMs...nice ending episode, though it feels like having a cliffhanger....hope to get a second season or a movie to fill that up...
Apr 10, 2016 5:17 PM

Aug 2015
That was a great episode and ending. Kei was a complete badass this episode, glad he got away with that other kid and Satou in the end, oh boy.
Apr 10, 2016 5:27 PM
Oct 2013
Is it just me or Tosaki's name isn't on the list?
Apr 10, 2016 5:30 PM

Oct 2014
799128 said:

it isn't probably the ones on the list are just high ranking ofifcials
Apr 10, 2016 5:32 PM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:
You know something's bad when it takes years for the ENG subbed version to come out and you have to watch it with French subtitles

1/10

Not even the yaoi bait at the end could save this

1/10 for ajin?
this show basically showed why tokyo ghoul sucked by presenting the same ideas way better
Apr 10, 2016 5:34 PM
Oct 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
799128 said:

In the manga it was supposed to be there.

Apr 10, 2016 5:39 PM

Oct 2014
799128 said:
gabrielrroiz said:

In the manga it was supposed to be there.

didn't knew that
btw this is an image from what chapter?
i will probably pick the manga from there
Apr 10, 2016 5:40 PM

Sep 2014
Removing -1 point from the score just because he didn't kill anyone in the last episode...so fucking stupid.
Apr 10, 2016 5:42 PM

Oct 2014

didn't knew that
i will probably pick the manga from there[/quote]

Chapter 24.[/quote]
thanks.....................
Apr 10, 2016 5:43 PM

Oct 2015
Don't like cliffhangers too much but since this was an awesome series I'll forgive it.
If there is more of Ajin, I hope Kei will make like an army of IBMs and destroy dem alllll!
It would be amazing if he did do that but sadly I don't think it's possible in the world of Ajin.
9/10 series loved it so much.
Apr 10, 2016 5:44 PM
Oct 2013
gabrielrroiz said:

didn't knew that
i will probably pick the manga from there

It is from Chapter 24 of the manga
Apr 10, 2016 5:45 PM

Aug 2014
Best anime of the season, honestly. The last episode was handled way differently than the manga, but it wasn't bad, though Kei's ghost getting rekt by Izumi's was BS. Tosaki is easy to hate, but later in the manga that changes.

The show was adapted well, the characters are good, soundtrack was definitely something else, the opening and ending are my favorite from the season, and the story... well, it's mostly about the characters. Reminds me of Parasyte.

Final episode: 4/5
Series overall: 8/10

While there is not enough source material for a second season, I hope one eventually comes out. Until then - off to the manga.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 10, 2016 5:45 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I liked the Grandma lady in the small village....she was a hoot. On another note, I know who to vote for in the upcoming election for President...not Trump....not Hillary...it's :

All in all a solid 9/10 series. Awaiting the next bunch.
Apr 10, 2016 5:48 PM

Jun 2014
The action and just about everything in this episode was really intense and exciting. I find it a little weird that Nakano is still willing to follow Kei even though he imprisoned him and treated him like shit. I guess Kei saying he wants to take out Satou convinced Nakano enough...........lol at Granny being happy and excited about being a hostage. And that dude who wanted the money got trolled so hard XD also, I didn't like how Kai just kind of disappeared from the series, but he'll show up again sooner or later. And Satou opened his eyes finally......when the character who ALWAYS has their eyes closed finally opens them, you know shit is about to get real. That guy was the ultimate badass in this anime.

Overall, I found this series to a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. The CGI wasn't even THAT bad, and anyone who complains about this series just because of the CGI is just being a drama queen. I didn't even care about that, and honestly, CGI fits this anime more in my opinion (I seriously can't imagine this show using the standard animation style that is used for 99% of anime). I'm looking forward to seeing the next part of this story. 7/10
thebrentinator24Apr 10, 2016 5:52 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 10, 2016 6:12 PM

Nov 2011
MetaThPr4h said:
I won't be able to sleep well after seeing Satou finally opening his eyes, that was scary.

Anyone knows from which chapter should I continue with the manga? The story is really interesting.

Chap 23 picks up right when Satou reveals the second wave
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2016 6:45 PM

Aug 2014
I think I will go read the manga. The anime doesn't give me the same satisfaction I would expect from such a good story.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Apr 10, 2016 6:54 PM

Jul 2009
Satou being badass as per usual. God I love The Hat.

But why is this the end? I need more. More I say.
Apr 10, 2016 7:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
While I like most of the anime original scenes, Polygon Pictures seems to like to make a lot of them. Pretty much almost this whole episode was anime original, I believe? (like...90%, save for when Kei takes Kou with him). Neither better or worse than the manga, just different. I still prefer the manga though, it was less of a big deal. Also, Kei didn't save Kou, it just makes more sense if he had an ally with him when he escapes, even if Kou isn't the smartest kid around. And if Kei ever wanted to, he could really use Kou as bait, lol. But for now, it seems like the best decision since his peace has been disturbed and Satou will keep making it harder for the Ajin to live quietly. Even Kei knows he can't take town Satou by himself, thus, having one extra person around will increase the chances. Saving and bringing someone else along are different.

They did stretch out these 13 episodes more than needed though, I'm sure if they cut out some of anime original scenes and made it 12 episodes it would've been better, pacing wise. I still really enjoyed the anime though, it was intense and an entertaining ride. It's not the type of story to be preaching or including any morals/deep themes, and none of the character are really meant to be awesome people you'd want as friends in real life. Yet that's also precisely why I like this anime (and manga), it's just a lot of fun this way, and I personally find Kei to be an interesting character.

Not too surprising they ended the season with a tease for second season, especially how Sidonia no Kishi got the same treatment. Except Ajin got three movies first before TV announcement.
Apr 10, 2016 7:14 PM

Dec 2014
OMG!!!

you know satou is serious when he opens his eyes!! xD
Apr 10, 2016 7:20 PM

Jul 2014
Good series up until these final 2 where it all went to crap. Last episode his defeating the police was ridiculous. This episode, escaping from the police was equally stupid.

They used the ever popular "we can't show this scene properly because it's impossible so we'll not do a framing shot and just do closeups and rely on the viewers being stupid." So we have a kid escape an open field from the cops, get shot in the leg and still evade them. This was PAINFULLY stupid to watch. There was no effort here into rewriting the scene to make even a little sense. His IBM could easily have been used to make this work, but no. Pretty much calling the viewers too stupid to put the effort in on.

After dodging all those bullets can he dodge a slow moving and inaccurate tranq round at long range? Nope. *facepalm*

But never fear, tranqing isn't enough because he's... ANGRY! The ever popular solution to everything in little boy anime, getting angry and trying harder solves everything and lets you do things you never could before!

And of course they both regenerated far faster than any time previously in the show, because being consistent would require the writing to not be awful.

And then the little boys, with bullets in their legs, outrun full grown men. Because shitty writing.

Night and day. This went from a fairly well done series to for the first 11 episodes to absolute stupid little boy crap with these 2.
Apr 10, 2016 7:27 PM

Nov 2012
PLEASE TELL ME THERES A SECOND SEASON
one of my faves anime now - i love this so much D:
Apr 10, 2016 7:30 PM

Nov 2011
That IBM fight was awesome. Of course, the MC have to be more special than the rest, he can summon IBM a lot more than other Ajin. I was expecting the IBM to explode and kill everyone but the Ajin.

Apr 10, 2016 7:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The ending just screams second season.
SECOND SEASON WHEN ???????????
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

84 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.