Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 13, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
Ckaos_Inkarnate said:
For going into this anime as a guilty pleasure, I was actually surprised it passed my expectations. Not as much fan service as I thought, but that's fine by me. I'm sure we'll get plenty of Ako later on. She's adorable.

On another note seeing Universal be a part of this had me do the Shaft head tilt. My first time seeing them partake in anime. Or maybe I just haven't paid attention up until now...

This describes how I felt down to the T.
Apr 13, 2016 2:37 PM

Apr 2016
Japan. MMORPG. Meeting offline. Romance.

With those four keywords (well, keyphrases, as "Meeting offline" is more than one word) and the name "Ako," aficionados of Japanese otaku subculture might recall the legendary "S Prefecture Tsukimiya incident" (S県月宮事件), in which a female gamer with a few screws loose (Tsukimiya of "S Prefecture") is said to have committed armed assault against another female gamer named "Ako" in August of 2002. Although the case is believed to be a hoax, few who were around at the time would forget the legendary words that Tsukimiya shouted: お兄ちゃん、退いて!そいつ殺せない!("Onii-chan, get out of the way! I can't kill her [Ako] [with you there]!") when she saw Ako with 374 (a male player who met Tsukimiya and Ako met online; Tsukimiya claims he was her brother in their past lives).

But do not let yourselves be deceived!
Ako here is not the helpless victim, waiting to be assaulted by a madwoman who calls her a witch.
Nay, this Ako, like a good cup of coffee, might make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside, but she comes with a dark, bitter taste reminiscent of the starkness of reality. (No offense to those of you who prefer to have cream and sugar and whatnot in your cuppa joe.)

I repeat, do not be fooled by this heroine's name!
She is not your average, cutesy heroine: while her surname might be Tamaki, she was indubitably a Tsukimiya in her past life. If you've seen the episode, you've already seen the signs, caught glimpses of her dark side.
Nay, this is not your average romantic comedy heroine! This is a heroine whose element is darkness!

In other words,
[Ladies and] Gentlemen, we have ourselves a yandere!

In all seriousness: As a light novel reader, the first episode exceeded my expectations. Ako's dark side is beautiful, and her voice is close to perfect. Like the light novel, the anime takes teenage gamers doing the stupid things that teenagers and gamers do and portrays them in a way that gamers can easily relate to, which (along with the yandere heroine), I felt, was the most important aspect of the original work.

If I were to be greedy, I would wish for a little more insight into the characters' inner thoughts, but I know this isn't as easy to incorporate into anime as it is to incorporate into light novels. I'm not too bummed about animation quality; I'm quite satisfied seeing one of my favorite heroines of all time come to life (motion).
Apr 13, 2016 3:02 PM

Apr 2010
thepath said:
One of the worst show in this season

How the hell this thing got 7.68 score ?!

Unfortunately most people like to have fun. It's quite sad, really.
Apr 13, 2016 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
I'm a little late!! The first episode was pretty good though.

I'm not an online gamer, so I can't relate to that part of the story but I like that they reference Otakus and all that. Now that I find relatable. I enjoyed the other parts like how the MC realized his love was a guy and other small doses of tangy humor.

I'd say this one caught my attention and it was amusing. Nothing noteworthy yet, but it's pretty decent and I'll continue watching
Apr 14, 2016 4:53 AM
Dec 2015
IDK WHY, BUT I LOVE THIS ANIME XD SO KAWAIIIIIIIIIII. BUT I THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER GENERIC ECCHI HAREM ANIME. BUUT IS THE FIRST IMPRESSION SO HOPEFULLY IM NOT GOING TO GET DISSAPOINTED
Apr 14, 2016 4:57 AM

Apr 2016
lukuo21 said:
IDK WHY, BUT I LOVE THIS ANIME XD SO KAWAIIIIIIIIIII. BUT I THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER GENERIC ECCHI HAREM ANIME. BUUT IS THE FIRST IMPRESSION SO HOPEFULLY IM NOT GOING TO GET DISSAPOINTED

maybe this is very different one without cliche situation or motives harem
AmImRaNSe7eN
Apr 14, 2016 5:07 AM

Apr 2016
thepath said:
One of the worst show in this season

How the hell this thing got 7.68 score ?!

ok i decreased it to 7.66 now :P
AmImRaNSe7eN
Apr 14, 2016 8:56 AM
Nov 2014
Am I the only one disappointed that non of Rusian's guildmates are male?
Apr 14, 2016 9:40 AM
Apr 2015
ahmadp said:
Am I the only one disappointed that non of Rusian's guildmates are male?

because rusian is pc-master race gamer, while others male are silly console gamer
Apr 14, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2011
I think I am in love with this anime, never bored me to bits and Ako is so cute.
Gotta love Hisasi's artwork.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2016 10:55 PM

Aug 2013
This was really fun, I'm creating great expectations from this first episode, I liked the character design and Ako is certainly very cute, knowing the plot know it will be even more fun ..
Apr 15, 2016 2:41 AM

Jul 2010
Nice OP and cute design. Rusian is such a tsundere, he should be happy with his waifu :3
Apr 15, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2016
lol this is beyond my expectation but i love it tho
AmImRaNSe7eN
Apr 15, 2016 9:26 AM

Sep 2013
Those designs :'(
I want to marry Ako :'(
Real life girls are so meh :'(
Apr 15, 2016 4:56 PM

Jan 2013
Shocking, didn't expect both in game guys to be girls. Should have seen it coming.
Don't know where it can go interesting from here.
Apr 16, 2016 9:51 PM

Nov 2015
I thought this would be set most of the time at school but seeing the RPG heavy scenes is fine too.
I was surprised everyone except Hideki were females though Ako was expected.
Kinda funny I guess, still gonna watch for couple of ep, better get better till then...
Apr 17, 2016 6:13 AM

Nov 2012
Hilarious, definitely my favorite this season. It's been a while since I watched good old harem rom-com.

By the way, is the MC's name Rusian or Lucian?
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 17, 2016 6:45 AM

Apr 2016
Rifaz89 said:
Hilarious, definitely my favorite this season. It's been a while since I watched good old harem rom-com.

By the way, is the MC's name Rusian or Lucian?

dude this is not league xD
AmImRaNSe7eN
Apr 17, 2016 3:27 PM

Mar 2012
i was confused by the universal thing in the beginning.

idk if i like this. ako is super annoying, not my type of character. and the other two are to archetypes to not be steretypes. maybe this is just not for me.
Apr 18, 2016 1:19 PM

Oct 2015
I sense Konosuba reincarnation.
Segawa obviously has the habits of Darkness and Ako is just like Aqua tbh...
Apr 18, 2016 5:11 PM

Nov 2012
I made a GIF of my favorite scene from this episode

Apr 19, 2016 3:33 AM

Dec 2013
I was hoping for at least the gm to be a dude. I'm not too fond of a harem setting
Apr 21, 2016 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
pretty fun start and a lot of net and multiplayer jokes

I would have loved the president if not for her being a pay-to-win scrub.

And his name is Rusian? So what does he yell "cyka blyat" every few minutes

Oh and maybe a Filipino guy will appear and start yelling "bobo gago" in chat afterwards

Im hoping this will be the KonoSuba of this season. Or something even remotely close to that.
Apr 21, 2016 8:31 PM

Nov 2008
I definitely liked this more than KonoSuba. Even if it's a harem setup, it's obvious Ako will be the main ship. So I will root for her instead of the tsundere. (Ako is more likable anyway) The character design is nice too, aside from the big boobs...which normally bother me a lot.

Apr 22, 2016 12:27 AM

Oct 2013
Wow! So far the show "And you thought there is never a girl online?" has summed up my frequent problem perfectly. How at every offline meeting I go to, I end up being the only guy!... Or at least this is what most anime series seem to try to push on you to believe (yet, for some reason I feel that they have this ratio off).

That being said, despite the cliche offline harem, I really ended up enjoying the first episode. The dumb plot works in the shows favour and Ako's crazy and clingy -ness is clearly the best part of the show. It also felt like it captured much more of the fun in mmorpg-ing than many of the other mmorpg based anime series do which I found oddly surprising. This show actually made me curious about picking up one of my old games again (unfortunately I do not have anywhere near the time at the moment).

I can easily seeing this becoming a surprise hit of the season. I am definitely looking forward to next few episodes.

Chiibi said:
I definitely liked this more than KonoSuba. Even if it's a harem setup, it's obvious Ako will be the main ship. So I will root for her instead of the tsundere. (Ako is more likable anyway) The character design is nice too, aside from the big boobs...which normally bother me a lot.

I have the feeling that if someone doesn't like Ako, they should drop this show. The humour and plot is all centered around her. It's a harem setup but its clearly all about Ako so far. I doubt the other characters will get much focus. Not a problem for me though, Ako actually is the best girl this time. She is a blast.

The art bothered me a bit at first too, but I have grown numb to it. I think it is just a different art style, though I am not sure if it is that great.
shawnofthedeadzApr 22, 2016 12:33 AM
Apr 22, 2016 9:47 PM

Jul 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Let the Online-Harem begin~

Damn, jokes aside, this episode was pretty good.

Why does that comment bring SAO in mind? (sigh)
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 26, 2016 5:46 PM

Sep 2013
Cute character designs, a bit different than generic harems(atleast now). looking forward to next episodes....
Apr 29, 2016 8:22 AM

Jul 2015
Aaaahhhh that was nice -w-

I was worried about the ecchi tag but decided to give it a try since it was PG-13 and they couldn't do too much with that tag up there, plus I've seen worse and as long as they don't push it too hard, I can enjoy this series -w-
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 29, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, this was really good!
Hideki is a pretty funny guy and Ako such a cutie <3 and a bit yandere too :o, best waifu :D
Everyone in his group are girls damn, didn't see that coming.
Gonna enjoy this one!
nerfxApr 29, 2016 6:18 PM
May 6, 2016 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
GIRL = Guy In Real Life

It was alright I guess. Let the harem begin... or something.
May 8, 2016 2:04 AM
Sep 2015
I always crack up reading the speculations and impressions of anime watchers who have never read the light novels or manga that the anime is based on. It's so surreal to see how 22 minutes of animation is enough for people to think they "get" the show and characters.

TL;DR -

Lucian is pretty much a normal fag.
Ako is a future NEET (she's a bottler and a diaperer, even if she claims she's not)
Ako's mom ships Ako and Lucian, mostly because she's worried about her daughters future.
Apricot and Schwein and bros, not harem members.

It's all pretty much just slice-of-life, but the twist is the lead girl is the lazy/gross otaku and the main guy is normal. Personally I hope they flanderize Ako's character in the anime because that's where 100% of the humor comes from.
May 8, 2016 3:46 AM
Mar 2013
Malhavok said:

Ako is a future NEET (she's a bottler and a diaperer, even if she claims she's not)
Ako's mom ships Ako and Lucian, mostly because she's worried about her daughters future.
Ako's mom has been keeping her old nature that is same as today's Ako even though she had overcome most of her old problem. She would be very jealous when Ako attached to her husband (I mean Ako's dad) too close... not joking, to be honest. Also any stupid events Ako would do in some near future were already done between Ako's mom and dad.

So, it seems Ako's dad feels very sorry about foreseeable things Lucian is going to have to go through someday. Also, I'm sure the mon instinctively found Lucian was the same type of her own husband.
htsujiMay 8, 2016 5:13 AM
May 9, 2016 6:20 PM

Nov 2015
Ako is cute! Funny start hope it's good

May 12, 2016 7:27 AM
May 2012
At first I thought I was watching a movie due to Universal Studio intro showing up.
~LOL~

Got me hooked up right away!
Ako-chan kawaii.
May 12, 2016 11:10 AM

Jun 2015
Meh, Ako is basically Lala rip off from To Love Ru, only with more idiocy and yandere side which is never a good idea for "waifu material" if not for her boobies.
May 12, 2016 6:45 PM

Oct 2012
The description for this series felt average and ordinary but I have to say it's not half-bad after all.
What I don't like is low-budgety animation this anime has, it would certainly benefit from better execution. I read few chapters of manga first and I have to say it's better.

Interesting premise so far. And everything IRL seems going so smoothly... so where is the catch?
I'm already seeing Segawa being confessed in-game by some girl and then meeting her in the real life afterwards. And I'm really curious about relationship of Ako and Hideki.
May 15, 2016 3:51 AM
Sep 2015
10 mins in and I already hate Ako. Reminds me of those shitty useless flirty "gamer girls" I kept on getting in my raid teams because some guy in the party couldn't keep it in his pants over a female avatar. Oh for the love of god these kind of "gamer girls" should just go join a chatroom instead.
May 17, 2016 1:21 AM

Jun 2014
Not really sure how to feel about this one.
I'll keep watching for now I guess.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 19, 2016 7:13 PM

Jan 2016
The OP sounded like OreImo. Cool.

Why Ako likes the MC is beyond me.
Probably there isn't good reason but hopefully they prove me wrong in the next episodes.
May 19, 2016 8:55 PM

May 2015
ik the other 2 characters were girls e.e the type of people dat chat in a game when they should be fightin fr
Kono Giorno Giovana Niwa Yume Ga Aru
May 20, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2016
hmm reminds me of Konosuba
May 25, 2016 12:43 PM

Jan 2016
Lmao starts with, Universal studio?? xD even tho Universal have done quite many, and seen some by em. First time i see the start with Universal studio lol

Anyywayyy... So We have a WoW( or shall i say "Legendary age"),/SAO/RPG/idk ish looking anime ish
Ako! Really adorable n such a cute character 😍/Im in love xD soo we follow Hideki and the Guild,Alley cats/ and get a quick look of it, to end up at a Offline party.. so far so good. To where it dose a 180 an says "fuck u, I welcome u heaven" to Hideki who becomes the only guy in the guild, as where never believe and trust a Girl online (and if i got it correct) and there is no gamer/RPG girls in IRL. Alright n quite interested how things will go in this anime.

Them Crazy eyes tho XD

Dead_By_HeartMay 25, 2016 12:47 PM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 26, 2016 9:09 PM

Apr 2016
Good start. Interesting premise. Holds potential.

My only real problem is that I kinda hate when the planets align so perfectly and so exaggeratedly like in this show. Are you telling me that:

a) they all live on the same city?
b) they all attend the same school?
c) everyone except the MC is a girl irl?!?

Too ridiculous for me. I'll deal with it, but I had to pause for 2 minutes for each reveal: when the blonde chick shows up, when the last person is also a girl, and when said girl turns out to be Prez. I would just like a harem show to at least have some gender balance to not make it seemed to forced; and by gender balanced, I obviously mean almost equal men:women ratio and only the females are part of the harem. If not, give a solid reason that's actually realistic within its universe, like in Conception 2.

Me before OP/ED: "I bet the teacher and that pink-haired girl are gonna be gamers too and they'll join the harem, won't they..."
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
May 30, 2016 2:21 AM
Sep 2015
Lord_Thantus said:
Good start. Interesting premise. Holds potential.

My only real problem is that I kinda hate when the planets align so perfectly and so exaggeratedly like in this show. Are you telling me that:

a) they all live on the same city?
b) they all attend the same school?
c) everyone except the MC is a girl irl?!?

Too ridiculous for me. I'll deal with it, but I had to pause for 2 minutes for each reveal: when the blonde chick shows up, when the last person is also a girl, and when said girl turns out to be Prez. I would just like a harem show to at least have some gender balance to not make it seemed to forced; and by gender balanced, I obviously mean almost equal men:women ratio and only the females are part of the harem. If not, give a solid reason that's actually realistic within its universe, like in Conception 2.

Me before OP/ED: "I bet the teacher and that pink-haired girl are gonna be gamers too and they'll join the harem, won't they..."

There's no harem in this novel (it's actually a light novel). It just has a bunch of huge titted girls (sorry Schwein, you lose) for fan service.

Harem has to have something like actual pursuit of the male lead, like Monster Musume (to pull a recently good example of this trope). It's like... bunch of girl character != harem. It's just fan service.
May 30, 2016 6:48 AM

Apr 2016
Malhavok said:
There's no harem in this novel (it's actually a light novel). It just has a bunch of huge titted girls (sorry Schwein, you lose) for fan service.

Harem has to have something like actual pursuit of the male lead, like Monster Musume (to pull a recently good example of this trope). It's like... bunch of girl character != harem. It's just fan service.

Yeah, I don't know why I said harem. "Is This a Zombie?" is definitely not a harem either, so I get it. I should probably change that to "I would like a fanservice mostly girl show to at least have some gender balance." I good example would be Baka and Test.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 6, 2016 5:56 AM

Jul 2012
Yo

I actually

Loved this

Thank you Toshiyuki Toyonaga and Hatano Wataru

Thanks moe Ako

Thanks
Jun 15, 2016 1:13 AM

Sep 2011
Definitely my type of anime!
Jun 23, 2016 4:12 PM

Dec 2015
Wow, that Yandere mode though...It was good for the first ep
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 29, 2016 8:42 PM

Mar 2015
Looks like a fun enough start, but a guild with one female character turned out to be a real-life harem with three stunners?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaright.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 30, 2016 6:34 PM

May 2012
This sure was a cute start I must say! Like the online game combined with the real life concept a lot! Looking forward for all the normie bashing!
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

78 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 7, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

120 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 6, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

179 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 2, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2016

142 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 29, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2016

154 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 29, 2023 5:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.