Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2010 9:39 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have two things to say about this episode:

1. Max Jenius is a pwnage machine

2. I fucking want that Rupan game
Jul 27, 2010 7:41 PM

Jan 2010
"I shouldn't have opened an arcade on Macross"
May 7, 2011 9:11 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode and I guess it's about time I say how great the back ground music for this series is.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 17, 2011 11:36 PM

Apr 2009
Max will totally get her one way or another even if he had to fight squadrons or hordes of Zentradi battlepods! XD

For the love of Macross, move on Hikaru, move on! Eckk Kaifun's totally going for it...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 8, 2011 4:38 AM

May 2008
Kaifun that bastard! Minmay should stand up for herself and say it clearly to Kaifun that she doesn't love him. Instead she acts stupid and naiv~

I'm glad that Misa safely arrived to Earth :D
Jun 22, 2011 4:10 PM

Jan 2009
Max is gonna get some alien booty!
Jul 13, 2011 11:20 AM

Feb 2009
O_O He even guessed her bust size while playing?! That's Max alright.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 24, 2011 2:14 PM

Feb 2010
ChaosLegion said:

LOL loved that part such a genius.
Sheepshaman.png
Nov 5, 2012 3:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode has always been one my favourites. From the combat scene with the fast pack, the conversation between Misa and Hikaru using light signals to the famous arcade scene in which Max finally meets Milia. It really is a snapshot of what Macross is about.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 26, 2013 1:34 AM

Feb 2010
I was wrong.

Shami is cute :)

Piloting boots with heels - hilarious. It turned out to be in arcades.
I've waited for this!

Claudia has a point. Hikaru may love Minmay, but he and Misa are much closer.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Aug 11, 2013 6:24 PM

Aug 2012
So how should we open peace negotiations with the aliens? A giant cannon! Yep that sounds good.

Nov 28, 2013 10:34 AM

Sep 2013
I fricking love Shammy, lol. I'd love to have her giving me orders.
I'm starting to really enjoy this show
cupcMar 30, 2014 1:58 AM
Mar 31, 2014 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
Accept it Hikaru, your Minmay ship has sunk. Yes, you have been friend-zoned publicly and permanently, and Minmay didn't immediately reject that proposal she was given by dear cousin Kaifun. Also note that you got a quick hospital visit after a prompt by Roy Fokker, while Kaifun got a week's constant attendance.

On the other hand things have been developing between you and Misa quite well. Listen to Claudia and make your move. Milia and Max--the next level! I think I'm ready for it...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 25, 2014 3:26 PM
Oct 2013
rodac said:
Accept it Hikaru, your Minmay ship has sunk. Yes, you have been friend-zoned publicly and permanently, and Minmay didn't immediately reject that proposal she was given by dear cousin Kaifun. Also note that you got a quick hospital visit after a prompt by Roy Fokker, while Kaifun got a week's constant attendance.

On the other hand things have been developing between you and Misa quite well. Listen to Claudia and make your move. Milia and Max--the next level! I think I'm ready for it...

I totally agree
Mar 2, 2015 5:59 AM

Jan 2013
This is the first post I'm writing since starting this show. Absolutely brilliant series. Logical plot progression, perfect pacing, and interesting characters who are developed pretty well. It's hard to believe such a show is from the 80s.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 13, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't even think Milia was on the ship.
May 24, 2015 10:02 AM

Mar 2014
"Shammy... employ the booby duck!"

Has there ever been a greater line?
Jun 8, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
Nice little reference to Lupin the 3rd.
Jun 12, 2015 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
God Dammit Minmay stop acting so naive and stupid, tell your cousin to go fuck himself.

I actually like Hayase somewhat more but I just hate Kaifun that much. Guy just gets under my skin.
Jul 22, 2015 4:50 PM

Jan 2008
I loved the battle at the Arcade.

And Minmay really should just stand up for herself and tell him she's not interested in having that kind of relationship with him. She even said when he was first introduced that he's like a brother to her, and by how she rejected that kiss, it should be obvious she's not interested.

Though I'm also mad at Minmay, but Hikaru as well. He really should have just told her how he feels already. But if I'm being honest, I do feel like Hikaru would be better with Misa. Minmay's nice, but she's hurting him more than making him happy.

Now Hikaru, listen to what Claudia said.
Aug 29, 2015 3:20 AM

May 2013
It got pretty tense when the shuttle ship was getting attacked. Good thing they had the Booby Duck there as a trump card.

Loving all of these Misa X Hikaru scenes, all of them! They're just such a good match that it's just good. Though it seems both of them haven't realized their feelings or at least their feelings haven't developed for each other haven't reached that far yet. Claudia's right, Hikaru.

All these episodes I thought Hikaru would of known by now that Minmay hasn't and won't see Hikaru in that way. Thought he would've realized it by now.

Really anticipating Max and Millia finally meeting face to face. Hope their date goes smoothly lol.

P.S. Kamujin needs to die already.
Nov 16, 2015 6:20 AM

Jan 2014
Sheepshaman said:
ChaosLegion said:

LOL loved that part such a genius.
Genius, indeed.
I don't even know my own size
Dec 2, 2015 7:28 PM
Dec 2014
phantom19 said:
This is the first post I'm writing since starting this show. Absolutely brilliant series. Logical plot progression, perfect pacing, and interesting characters who are developed pretty well. It's hard to believe such a show is from the 80s.

Sadly anime is regressing.
Nov 19, 2016 10:44 PM
Apr 2014
Unleash the Booby Duck!
Aug 11, 2017 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
Misa x Hikaru is all I need..
Aug 11, 2017 3:16 PM

Dec 2015
Those space tabloids...
Arf, Minmei got "flashes" of Hikaru back then, showing she actually missed him as more than a simple friend and yet... (well, it's TV after all).

Hikaru's new friendship with Hayase is nice to watch. (even if Claudia is hell bent on a romance, since even before the two of them started to communicate outside of the deck)

4/5
Rei_IIIJul 14, 2020 2:27 AM
Nov 24, 2017 4:15 AM

Feb 2014
Max cutting through all the bullshit and directly asking Milia out. Hikaru could learn a thing or two from him. But he has developed quite a lot in the last two episodes. More reason why he should forget about Minmay and go out with Misa.

And I wonder where and how Milia has been living on Macross. But at the very least, I don't think she has been stealing stuff and shacking up in slums like those 3 stooges.
Mar 1, 2020 4:58 AM

Feb 2017
Max got them skills. A true genius. He will no doubt get his alien waifu.
Jul 13, 2020 2:00 PM

Aug 2017
When Misa got on her shuttle, the guy near the phone sounded like Bright Noa... So it makes 3 characters in the show voiced by the same seiyuu, huh?

Misa's arrival was well-animated. Especially her hair! *_*

Lol'd at the scene exactly after her arrival, the guy playing the thief game looked like Lupin, and the character inside the game was Jigen, I believe. Nice reference.

The duel between Max and Milia was really fun, looking up to their relationship!

Also looks like the top brass is going to make everything worse once again.

I wonder whether the civilians on Macross are aware of the "alien" presence. They're staying together so far. But damn they got excited for something "better than kisses" xD

The episode ends with a love advice from Claudia. Nice! I absolutely adore that harmonica in the background.
St0rmbladeJul 13, 2020 2:06 PM
Nov 27, 2021 7:26 AM
Jul 2021
When I read the episode's title I was sure Misa was going to die, good thing I was wrong or we wouldn't have had that beautifully animated scene of her arrival.
Then the arcade scene was also great with max's bust measuring eyes.

All in all these episodes from 17 onwards have been one upping one another.
Jun 29, 2023 5:20 PM

Feb 2023

BRUTAL.

I laughed when Max was calculating her measurements while he played! What a goddamn genius he is!

jasonvorheas24 said:
God Dammit Minmay stop acting so naive and stupid, tell your cousin to go fuck himself.

I actually like Hayase somewhat more but I just hate Kaifun that much. Guy just gets under my skin.

Yeah what's up with Kaifun, it's like he's a character made entirely to piss me off!

werrston said:
"I shouldn't have opened an arcade on Macross"

Just as I was wondering why is there an arcade on Macross...
Sep 30, 2023 8:01 PM
Jul 2016
NTR is so hype! This anime is great!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starseeker - Feb 15, 2009

72 by Baskarite »»
Apr 30, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 22 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 5, 2009

35 by Baskarite »»
Apr 26, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 4 Discussion

kiririnshi - Sep 15, 2009

36 by giannis85 »»
Mar 6, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Jun 9, 2008

116 by kanata44 »»
Jul 3, 2023 2:29 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 35 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

41 by kanata44 »»
Jul 3, 2023 1:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.