Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2016 5:33 AM

Aug 2014
I had low expectations but it seems pretty good, they seemed to pay attention the the original.

and edgeworth lookin fine.

Apr 2, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2014
Not gonna lie. I thought Phoenix slept in the office. It was nice knowing he has a house/apartment.
Apr 2, 2016 5:37 AM

Mar 2014
That low tier animation
That crappy art
Them plot twists that I could see coming from miles away
That unfitting Yuki Kaiji voice acting
Them awkward and unfunny jokes
That RUUUUSHED pacing
Them out of place video game mechanics

I haven't even played Ace Attorney and I've only watched one episode but I already feel sorry for the fans of the games
Comic_SansApr 2, 2016 5:42 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 2, 2016 5:44 AM

Nov 2015
I don't like the animation but guess i have to get used to it. The courtroom scenes were so over the top but i liked it, good laugh. Face offs seems to be interesting but IMHO i might drop it if it doesn't has fixed no. of episodes.
Apr 2, 2016 5:45 AM

Dec 2011
The animation is quite strange but just need to get used to it.But as for the episode itself I feels like I'm just playing the game over xD.
Next episode will be interesting...
Apr 2, 2016 5:49 AM

Mar 2015
It was alright, wasn't expecting much.
Apr 2, 2016 5:52 AM

Aug 2012
Not bad for a first episode. Like I said I'm definitely watching this. Kinda remind me of the games, just gave me feels to replay it again.

NDS where's my NDS..!?? Oh there's only the emulator, alright then!! >:D
Apr 2, 2016 5:54 AM
Jan 2016
bluebear_tora said:
I don't like the animation but guess i have to get used to it. The courtroom scenes were so over the top but i liked it, good laugh. Face offs seems to be interesting but IMHO i might drop it if it doesn't has fixed no. of episodes.

It is already confirmed to be a two-cour

http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31650&start=40
Apr 2, 2016 5:57 AM

Nov 2015
hedla12 said:
bluebear_tora said:

It is already confirmed to be a two-cour

http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31650&start=40

Thanks for the info! I just wish the show just doesn't only have case/week but a overarching story to it as I have no idea about the VN (as I'm new to anime).
bluebear_toraApr 2, 2016 6:05 AM
Apr 2, 2016 5:58 AM

Aug 2015
Thought this first episode was ok/average. Not a fan of the animation, but I'll watch a few more episodes before deciding if it's worth following.
Apr 2, 2016 5:59 AM

Jul 2009
I wish the art was a little different, but so far I like it. I'm looking forward seeing Maya and Edgeworth.
Apr 2, 2016 5:59 AM

Feb 2008
It looks a bit low budget, but it was quite a pleasant surprise. A-1 actually did a great job adapting the prologue, and even captured the spirit of the game. Of course they skipped some filler dialogue, but I thought people knew you can't keep every single line from a game/VN/book? Honestly it would've been pretty bad if the prologue took two episodes, it's not even that important, it's just a tutorial for the game.

I was a bit disappointed that the OST was mostly new, but they still kept the important songs. It's good to have a mix of new and old, rather than being completely new, or just lazy and using everything from the game. The new songs kind of fit well in the franchise. They'll probably use more of the game's OST, like Pursuit, but it would be more fitting for the end of Turnabout Sisters, than using such a great song for the tutorial case.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 2, 2016 6:00 AM
Apr 2014
It's fucking hilarious that the Pachinko has better animation than this.
Apr 2, 2016 6:01 AM

Sep 2014
Comic_Sans said:
That low tier animation
That crappy art
Them plot twists that I could see coming from miles away
That unfitting Yuki Kaiji voice acting
Them awkward and unfunny jokes
That RUUUUSHED pacing
Them out of place video game mechanics

I haven't even played Ace Attorney and I've only watched one episode but I already feel sorry for the fans of the games

While the animation and voice acting were terrible, I can say that the cases do get better.
Apr 2, 2016 6:04 AM

Mar 2014
man that was rushed
i don't know everything, i only know what i know

also your waifu is shit

May 2009
Really cheap animation, probably same A-1 team as Denpa Kyoushit
The Komori

Mar 2013
As someone that has never played or seen the game, I didn't mind Yuki Kaji's voice at all tbh although I think that maybe they could have gotten someone more fitting

The episode itself wasn't bad at all and I liked the way the case unraveled and seeing Pheonix and his chief work together was nice.....I felt bad for his friend though...Now he's all alone with the woman he loves :(

Art and animation were okay, the OP was also okay but that ED was really good....Decent start to the series and I'm very curious to see the next episode because seeing that the Chief is dead shocked the hell out of me and made me sad TwT
Apr 2, 2016 6:05 AM

May 2015
Not a fan of the animation. Reminds me a little bit of Denpa Kyoushi and I hated that show. But aside from that, this first episode was pretty nice. I think I'm going to enjoy this one. I loved that ED. That ending though.

Apr 2, 2016 6:07 AM

Apr 2009
was expecting 3DS anime cut scenes animation. Really disappointing.

The court was very anticlimatic.

Let's see if slower court scenes will make it better.
Apr 2, 2016 6:09 AM
May 2010
I found it to be almost just as i'd imagined it, maybe a bit off on the choice of voice actor for the MC, but otherwise, good. Animation was a bit choppy but, the style does remind me of how the game was, although I would've preferred if it was a bit less roundish but that's just my taste. Great Tutorial episode, I think they're planning on doing a very faithful adaptation!
Apr 2, 2016 6:14 AM

Dec 2014
Well the animation kind of remind me of Rockman,,, being Capcom let's see how the story unfolds
Apr 2, 2016 6:16 AM
Mar 2015
bluebear_tora said:

Thanks for the info! I just wish the show just doesn't only have case/week but a overarching story to it as I have no idea about the VN (as I'm new to anime).

Oh, there's an over arching story all right.
Apr 2, 2016 6:16 AM

Jul 2009
Animation's alright. Not bad, but not really that great either.

I wish they'd used some tracks from the games in the OST though...the cross examination music would have been great to hear again.

Also kinda wish whoever subbed it would switch the names with the ones from the English game. It's gunna be a bitch to learn all these new names. ;c Plus all the puns in the names were golden. April May, Will Powers, Wendy Oldbag....aw well.

Still super excited though. Can't wait for the next ep. :D Maya!! <3
TalimApr 2, 2016 6:25 AM
Apr 2, 2016 6:17 AM

Sep 2015
Noooo not Yuki Kaji's voice :(
For a first episode, it was a bit boring, I hope it will get better for next week
Apr 2, 2016 6:18 AM

Jan 2015
Okay, so Naruhodo's first client is his own childhood friend. Good guy at heart and it looks like a pretty skilled craftsman for making that "Thinker" statue" but bad at both luck and attitude.
It seems to get serious, at least until Naruhodo saying something about that contradiction thing. Yup, to learn more about attorney but not to be so serious all the time... IT'S A KEEPER.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 2, 2016 6:22 AM

Sep 2015
Okay, this was plain bad. I don't know any of the source material, but an adaptation has to be able to stand on it's own legs. I don't know if it's a good adaptation, but it was a bad episode. The charactes are annoying, the humor doesn't work and the pacing is totally off.
Apr 2, 2016 6:25 AM

Aug 2013
Tokoya said:
I'm probably going to enjoy this regardless but I wanna know how it was from an adaptation point of view?

It was perfect, seriously, there was like one scene that was a bit different than in the game, if they keep this up, this is going to be an amazing adaptation, I really like the fact that they also implanted the cross examination and objection theme from the game as well.
Apr 2, 2016 6:27 AM

Jul 2009
Heldengeist said:
Okay, this was plain bad. I don't know any of the source material, but an adaptation has to be able to stand on it's own legs. I don't know if it's a good adaptation, but it was a bad episode. The charactes are annoying, the humor doesn't work and the pacing is totally off.
Well you have to realize this is the first case in the first Phoenix Wright game. It starts off with a very easy case to teach you the basics. They'll get much more intense from here on out, with much better characters. I highly recommend you give the second episode a watch, at least. c:

CoolMorz said:
I really like the fact that they also implanted the cross examination and objection theme from the game as well.
Okay I honestly didn't even notice the cross examination theme. It was the one from the first game, I assume? That's the only one I really know like the back of my hand. It must have been quite different from the original, cause I went back to the court scenes after I finished watching it, and even listening for it, I couldn't pick it out.
Apr 2, 2016 6:28 AM

May 2010
Played 3 of the games on emu and even watched the movie. Im really not sure i wills tick with it cause i pretty much remember what happens anyways and its even worse for people who clearly remember all the cases.

The animation quality is really crappy and the art..well its just like i remember it in the games. Also it feel like they made a game you can watch in anime form..instead an anime with the story of the games
Apr 2, 2016 6:29 AM

Jul 2009
-I didn't like the OP and ED but I loved to hear some of the OSTs from the game
-Visuals are okay, tho it could have been a bit better.
-TBH the setting and the 1st case was very well adapted, because it was the tutorial case, even if it was a bit rushed.
-The voice acting was meh it felt off.

4/5 because I was waiting for so long.
SelensijaApr 3, 2016 2:03 AM
Apr 2, 2016 6:29 AM

Aug 2013
Talim said:

I wish they'd used some tracks from the games in the OST though...the cross examination music would have been great to hear again.

They did use it, also the objection theme too!

Heldengeist said:

This is so ironic, because this is a really faithful adaptation of the first case. The pace is the same in the game too.
Apr 2, 2016 6:30 AM
May 2013
FINALLYYYYY
I love the games so I was super excited for this adaptation!
They kept a few of the game soundtracks, but I wish they used, like, all of it honestly lol. The ending song is really good though!
Even though the first case is typically pretty easy to solve, the ending and deductions seemed really rushed and a bit choppy. But I'm expecting it to get better on later cases...hopefully (don't crush our dreams, A-1 Pictures!)

Does anyone know how many games this anime is covering? If the anime is 26 episodes, then maybe they could cover the 2nd game as well...I honestly want to see a whole adaptation of the 5th game though, because of the anime cut scenes in the game. >_<

Jul 2015
Seeing this reminded me of why I loved the games as a kid, damn I felt smart when I

Lousy animation and OP though. I can't blame them for the artstyle but they should have taken the opportunity to add more detail to the environments and characters.

Also, a show like this doesn't feauture much animation (as in movement) in the first place. Why couldn't they make what little action there is run more smoothly?

Felt great to hear that cross-examination music again though, shit I was all over this game as a kid.
Jul 2010
I absolutely loved it! The ost is really nice, after seeing pachinko machines i was afraid the soundtrack would be like that, i'm happy it's quite orchestral focused!
Also the animation is really pretty, reminds me how older anime used to look :)
Apr 2, 2016 6:34 AM

Jul 2009
tennisbunnyrox said:
Does anyone know how many games this anime is covering? If the anime is 26 episodes, then maybe they could cover the 2nd game as well...I honestly want to see a whole adaptation of the 5th game though, because of the anime cut scenes in the game. >_<
I've read that they're doing the first 2 games. But seeing that it's a 2 cour anime, they might be able to fit in the 3rd game. It depends how many episodes each case will take. With that much content for 24ish episodes, it'd be impossible for them to include Dual Destinies, unfortunately.

Oct 2014
The childhood friend gave an even more annoying impression in the game to be hoenst, so what we got was actually - in a way - an improvement.

I'd say the first episode was quite good actually. It's good that there were 2 remixes that I recongnized, escpacially since they appeard at moments where one would actually care to listen to it.

People may not have noticed, but they actually changed the positions of defense and prosecution in the anime. But that was never really relevant in the game and seems to have been done for convenience.

Sep 2015
CoolMorz said:

This is so ironic, because this is a really faithful adaptation of the first case. The pace is the same in the game too.

What works for a game/book/manga/etc, not necessarily works for an anime/movie/series/cartoon. That's why it's hard to make a good adaptation.
Apr 2, 2016 6:35 AM

Jul 2015
Talim said:
Heldengeist said:
Well you have to realize this is the first case in the first Phoenix Wright game. It starts off with a very easy case to teach you the basics. They'll get much more intense from here on out, with much better characters. I highly recommend you give the second episode a watch, at least. c:

CoolMorz said:
I really like the fact that they also implanted the cross examination and objection theme from the game as well.
Okay I honestly didn't even notice the cross examination theme. It was the one from the first game, I assume? That's the only one I really know like the back of my hand. It must have been quite different from the original, cause I went back to the court scenes after I finished watching it, and even listening for it, I couldn't pick it out.

There's like the general cross-examination theme and then there's the one that plays when shit gets serious, i.e when you've got the fucker on the ropes. I think they played the latter for a bit.
Apr 2, 2016 6:37 AM

Oct 2014
We had remixes of these 2 themes:

and

Apr 2, 2016 6:38 AM

Jul 2009
BlueBalls said:
There's like the general cross-examination theme and then there's the one that plays when shit gets serious, i.e when you've got the fucker on the ropes. I think they played the latter for a bit.
No I know, there's the slower one and the fast paced. But I mean was it the version from the first game? Because each game had a different cross examination theme.

This one is the one I'm asking about. Because I didn't hear it at all, which disappointed me greatly. ;~;
Apr 2, 2016 6:39 AM

Oct 2014
^They used the faster one (also from the first game), see my post above. It was also quite short, since the scene didn't allow for any longer use of the track.
Apr 2, 2016 6:40 AM
Mar 2015
Tokoya said:
I'm probably going to enjoy this regardless but I wanna know how it was from an adaptation point of view?

Hmmmmmm, its adapts things well from a structure stand point. Does everything as scripted. But, not at a execution.

Be it the sound or animation, I'm personally finding nothing to immerse myself into a world and story I've played through. Pacing is off a bit. Doesn't really matter because regardless I'm watching to gauge if this adaptation is any good, and this is only the first episode, but I'm kind of underwhelmed, mainly because I'm not too fond of the pacing or tone of this episode. That said, I can't wait to see if it'll do a turnabout, or the miracle never happen.
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I think, this doesn't work as an anime. I'm getting good laughs out of this though. But i couldn't take the whole thing serious. Hopefully this gets better in the second episode.

Nov 2008
The OST is hit or miss (I don't care for the ED and some remixed songs ended up too mellow for a trial, the OP is really good but is also too mellow for the series) but the rest seems ok, very over the top and enjoyable, quite faithful as well, just rushed a bit to fit a 2 cour format but that was expected

Jul 2009
Grey-Zone said:
^They used the faster one (also from the first game), see my post above. It was also quite short, since the scene didn't allow for any longer use of the track.
It must've been too remixed for me to even recognize it then. Ah well. xD
Apr 2, 2016 6:41 AM

Dec 2015
It was pleasant to see all those old GBA games elements reused for the anime, from some sound or music to panels and direction choices. I know there will be a sixth game soon and this series is like a promotion campaign to bring new peoples to the franchise by showing them the old scenari but it is a shame how it will prevent any desire to buy the actual old game (released on several platforms and pretty cheap on the 3DS e-shop even without the repeated sales).
On the other hand, all the characters looked "stuffed" when they were moving while their faces were far from pretty. I know the games use still artworks and I never really find the pictures style great but the anime doesn't look good. The finale might turn out ugly.
The ending was a lot better than the opening.

3/5

Do you think they will adapt the full trilogy over those 26episodes?

bluebear_tora said:
have case/week but a overarching story to it as I have no idea about the VN (as I'm new to anime).

There is one global background story who reveals itself through various elements of the different cases and end up being the base of the final case. (in the first game who's the one adapted here, it ties the backstories of the main characters)
If you liked what you saw (story- and ambiance-wise), you might be interested to try the game yourself (even on emulation) before the anime handles you the full story.
Rei_IIIApr 2, 2016 6:58 AM
Apr 2, 2016 6:43 AM

Jul 2015
@Talim

I remember getting frustrated af at that music later in the game when I couldn't get past some asshole witness testimony.

Still haven't played the latest in the series, maybe it's available for Android or online via Flash.
Apr 2, 2016 6:43 AM

Oct 2014
Talim said:
Grey-Zone said:
It must've been too remixed for me to even recognize it then. Ah well. xD

Both remixes played when Naruhodo/Wright made his case. Cross Examination - Allegro 2001 played when he pointed out the contradiction between the stated time of death and the time of death according to the autopsy report, while Objection 2001 played right after the OBJECTION! in the anime.
Apr 2, 2016 6:45 AM

Jan 2009
I can forgive the art if they make it a long-running show, otherwise it looks like no effort was put in it at all.
Apr 2, 2016 6:45 AM

Mar 2015
From what i have heard the production is a mess, 6 AD only for the first episode.

It's A1, no surprises
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.