Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That...was awesome. Mikado getting beat up had it coming to him. Meanwhile, I really like how Celty is playing the role model in the finale.

Really glad to see her helping out Shirna as well. So yeah, the show is over, going to miss DRRR! a lot. Quite happy to see that it got 3 cour though. 8/10. Enjoyed this season just as much as the others. And also quite pleased to see Varona being relevant even in the finale :3
Mar 26, 2016 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
OnoD's character vs. HiroC's character interrupted by assassin girl and the people inside the sushi shop who are able to come ou.

Celty stopped the situation. Celty said the city being messy is because of herself so she's leaving. FukuJun's character arrived and tried to stop her. OnoD's character also came and he helped him go up. Oh, it's not because Saika power is gone, but he made it his own. He cut her head off.

Back to usual life. Everyone's on the journey, too. Assassin girl and OnoD's character became a good fighting rival.

That guy that was the main cause of the people getting controlled by Saika getting "abused" ...

The main guy went unconscious after the attack, but was able to wake up and saw his friends first thing he woke up.
tsubasaloverMar 28, 2016 1:00 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 26, 2016 8:02 AM

Sep 2015
Ahhh that was such a good finale.

My only nitpick is that the Shizuo and Izaya "Do it, monster" scene felt lacking without Izaya's monologue about him winning even in death but maybe that's just me.

Glad to see Vorona sticking up for her senpai and showing off chara development.

Celty pretending to forget her memories and Shinra immediately knowing the truth. They're so cute? If Shinra had died, I think Celty would leave so thank goodness he didn't. Anri's right about Celty helping out so many people.

Mikado final scene in the hospital after protecting Anri. He's finally back home with them~ This isn't the ending they deserved but I'm just glad they got back together in the end.

I'm gonna miss Durarara so much, it was one of my first animes. Gonna miss all the fun and drama from this show...
Mar 26, 2016 8:04 AM

Feb 2016
Awesome. Awesome final episode. I can't say anything because of strongly impressed by this episode.
I LOVE DURARARA!!!!!
Mar 26, 2016 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
I hate Nasujima being with Haruna, I hate Haruna herself, and I want him to spear Haruna in the fucking chest. That's what I'll very briefly say about how dissatisfactied that shit leaves me. I'm now going to rewatch all the episodes he's in, cry in a corner, a delude myself into thinking that disgusting choice of end is not canon. I will think he escaped. That will satisfy me. I will write an alternate end.

Like overall even if that was in the original novel, it was a shitty choice of end. I was not expecting him to win by any stretch of the imagination, but for such a torturous end for no viable reason, even if he is implied to be a rapist, psychopath, need I go on? It's wretched. It's wretched, it's lazy, and there would've been such better excitement from him stabbing the fuck out of that cliched yandere stereotype!!

For the overall adaptation distillation of this show, flubbed animation, constantly making Nasujima keep that fake beard on, other errors, and that ending goddamn existing at all, I have now docked my sweet score to from what was initially an 8, then a 7, down to a 6. I would say this is somewhat of what I like to call a "letdown". At least Izaya got his just desserts, that's about the only happy part of that ending I can get behind, minus "awww, look everyone loves each other" ooey gooey mess. That still don't cancel out Nasujima's bad fate. That don't impress me much. At all.

There's a bitch I want to see at the bottom of a river right now. I want to throw Haruna to the bottom of the damn deepest river.
removed-userMar 26, 2016 9:36 AM
Mar 26, 2016 9:22 AM

Jun 2012
That was a satisfying end but I wanted to see more. That chat room ending to me is hinting towards a possible adaptation of the sequel series, which I would be happy to see.
Mar 26, 2016 9:34 AM

Sep 2014
I'm happy with the way this ended. I ended up liking this episode a lot more than I expected to.
My only complaint would be the animation, but I can get over that.
Mar 26, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2015
Great ending. Although I would've liked to see more of Shizuo vs. Izaya along with Varona, the other parts of the episode were nice. I was also glad to hear The Sought-after Extraordinary again after all what's happened (so nostalgic). And lol at Celty getting chased by Kuzuhara once again. 8/10
Mar 26, 2016 9:44 AM

Jan 2013
I'm the only one that wanted to see Celty leaving? I never bought the relationship of those two.
Mar 26, 2016 9:46 AM

Nov 2012
i'm glad that celty and shinra reunited, these two just belong together. :> even if shinra acted really selfishly.
overall a good episode, can't believe x2 is now finally over. ;_;
Mar 26, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2015
Ahh Izaya, i was hoping for a better ending for you, but at least you are alive.
So a happy ending, i was expecting Mikado to die, he is stabbed and shooted, but it didn't happen too.

Good ending, better series than the others 2.

Let see if Durarara!! SH gets a anime anytime.
Mar 26, 2016 9:54 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This ending was more than what I wished for. Easily the best Durararax2 season, though I like the first Durarara the most :D

5/5
Mar 26, 2016 9:56 AM

Mar 2012
best series from the sequel by far
Mar 26, 2016 10:00 AM

Dec 2014
It's over ;_;

And so the wait for an SH adaptation begins.
Mar 26, 2016 10:01 AM

Aug 2009
Perfect conclusion to the series. Absolutely loved that episode. It was a good, long ride.
Fire Emblem Heroes - 9261576256
Mar 26, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2013
So, here it ends. It has been a satisfying ending. Every plot point has been resolved for good and the characters have a fitting ended. I was scared Mikado would die when Nasujima stabs him, but I was so glad when he turned to be alive. I would never expect to actually care for Mikado, seriously.

Well, so Durarara ends for good. It was a fun ride and one of the animes I enjoyed the more, but everything in this life has to end, so...

8/10 and AOTS.
Mar 26, 2016 10:17 AM

Feb 2013
Too bad Izaya didn't die in the end.
I don't get why did Shinra cut Celty, she would have probably stayed with him after.
Poor Nasujima...he will get lots of love starting now.
Mar 26, 2016 10:20 AM

Oct 2014
Always enjoyed Durarara but Ketsu was on another level, these 12 episodes have been absolutely amazing.

10/10 AOTS
Mar 26, 2016 10:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fresh_Mint said:
Ahhh that was such a good finale.

My only nitpick is that the Shizuo and Izaya "Do it, monster" scene felt lacking without Izaya's monologue about him winning even in death but maybe that's just me.

Glad to see Vorona sticking up for her senpai and showing off chara development.

Celty pretending to forget her memories and Shinra immediately knowing the truth. They're so cute? If Shinra had died, I think Celty would leave so thank goodness he didn't. Anri's right about Celty helping out so many people.

Mikado final scene in the hospital after protecting Anri. He's finally back home with them~ This isn't the ending they deserved but I'm just glad they got back together in the end.

I'm gonna miss Durarara so much, it was one of my first animes. Gonna miss all the fun and drama from this show...
Same here for the most part

Easy 9/10 for me
Mar 26, 2016 10:21 AM
Jun 2015
I'm weirdly satisfied with how this all ended.

I sincerely thought Mikado was gonna die or Celty was gonna leave, and it would've added more drama imo.

Shizuo finally gave Izaya that long awaited ass whooping (That's my man <3) Only nitpick about it is that it could've been longer

If they ever adapt the SH novels, I'll watch it, but for now I appreciate the main novels coming to an end

7/10
Mar 26, 2016 10:24 AM

Jul 2010
ah, it ended :( i will miss shizuo and celty

it would have been interesting if celty actually left ikebukuro, it would have been so bittersweet :< seiji is so crazy, is he actually going to chicago only because celtys head is there? and mika goes with him, oh, those two...
Mar 26, 2016 10:28 AM

Dec 2009
"A boy who yearned for the extraordinary, and the twisted love story that swallowed up too many people, finally draws to the end of their performance!"

Goodbye Durarara!!, you'll be missed dearly. Definitely one of my favorite anime ever, and I doubt I'll find anything like it ever again. Hoping that the sequel LN series will be adapted as an anime someday. Was really shocked when Mikado got stabbed at the end, wasn't sure if he was going to live.

Izaya Vs. Shizuo was the only disappointment in the end, I heard its much better in the light novel because you can see inside Izaya's head and get a better glimpse at his reasoning. At least Shizuo didn't kill him and become a monster like he wanted.

Also interesting that Izaya's fate is left up in the air. Would anyone like to PM spoilers to me about the sequel LN series? Does Izaya live or die? The ending with Mikado, Kida, and Anri gave me a lot of feels.

2010-2016, it was a good run.
Aiko_HiroshiMar 26, 2016 10:39 AM
Mar 26, 2016 10:28 AM
May 2015
Loved the ending!
5/5
Mar 26, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
What an absolute cop-out of an ending this is. You'd have though that everything that has happened would cause SOMETHING in the relationships of the cast to change, but no. Nothing's really changed all that much, and no one even suffers the consequences of their actions. Mikado should have died with all that blood he lost from those injuries and because of everything he has done, but of course we couldn't have the unnatural and forced happy ending if that was the case. Oh, and that prick Izaya is still alive for some reason, which is probably the biggest disappointment of all.

Still, this series has definitely been the best part of the x2 cours. 8/10
Mar 26, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
Great ending, to bad we didn't see Celty in her full body, but that is only a small wish I have. Well, maybe in the third chapter it will all work out eventually :3

Also, Shizuo x Vorona is real guys!
Mar 26, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2008
Good ending. I'm going to miss Durarara especially Shizuo.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 26, 2016 10:38 AM

Jan 2014
I wish I could've seen more between Shizuo and Izaya, especially Izaya's ambiguous end (No, Izaya, you're the real monster) but otherwise I'm glad everyone returned to their happy lives. Anri never ended up with Kida but as long as all three of them remain friends, that's fine. I'm really going to miss Durarara!! and all of its cast. It was an entertaining series up until the very end. #CeltyxShinra4Eva

(On a side note, I love Celty's voice actor. She voices Kurapika in Hunter x Hunter 2011 so every time she's running from the motorcycle cop, I laugh my ass off because his voice actor is also Leorio from Hunter x Hunter 2011)

JotakakMar 26, 2016 11:42 AM
Mar 26, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2009
dizzyur said:
I hate Nasujima being with Haruna, I hate Haruna herself, and I want him to spear Haruna in the fucking chest. That's what I'll very briefly say about how dissatisfactied that shit leaves me. I'm now going to rewatch all the episodes he's in, cry in a corner, a delude myself into thinking that disgusting choice of end is not canon. I will think he escaped. That will satisfy me. I will write an alternate end.

Like overall even if that was in the original novel, it was a shitty choice of end. I was not expecting him to win by any stretch of the imagination, but for such a torturous end for no viable reason, even if he is implied to be a rapist, psychopath, need I go on? It's wretched. It's wretched, it's lazy, and there would've been such better excitement from him stabbing the fuck out of that cliched yandere stereotype!!

For the overall adaptation distillation of this show, flubbed animation, constantly making Nasujima keep that fake beard on, other errors, and that ending goddamn existing at all, I have now docked my sweet score to from what was initially an 8, then a 7, down to a 6. I would say this is somewhat of what I like to call a "letdown". At least Izaya got his just desserts, that's about the only happy part of that ending I can get behind, minus "awww, look everyone loves each other" ooey gooey mess. That still don't cancel out Nasujima's bad fate. That don't impress me much. At all.

There's a bitch I want to see at the bottom of a river right now. I want to throw Haruna to the bottom of the damn deepest river.

I almost believed you were trolling for a moment, but the fact you actually like Nasujima makes me question your sanity. He was scum, and he deserved a scum like fate.
Mar 26, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2014
Shinra, you sneaky bastard, removing her head from her body like that.

Other than that, I'm satisfied with the ending. I'm upset that it's ending, but it was a good ride. Finally Izaya can get what he deserves and die, but I'm even happier with Nasujima's torture. Hehe, glad everyone got what they deserved.

Well actually the torture does seem a bit extreme, but hey, I hate the guy.
Mar 26, 2016 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
all well ends well. That fight between Izaya and Shizuo made me wonder who the real monster is. The best thing is that Celty and Shinra are still together. Will there be another season?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 26, 2016 10:54 AM

Sep 2014
I hope Takashi is a hardcore M, dude is going to be in a lot of pain.

Sad to see Durarara end, but it was an awesome conclusion in my book. Nice to see more of Shizuo and Vorona as well, can't help but ship that.

Hopefully SH eventually gets an adaptation, but you can't be too optimistic about sequels in the anime industry.
Mar 26, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2014
TFW you've just finished watching a real' good finale
Overall I am very satisfied with x2, Shou wasn't as good as season 1 but both Ten and Ketsu exceeded my expectations by far

5/5 for this episode, 8/10 for this season and ~8/10 for all 3 seasons

It's pretty sad that Durarara!! finally is over, but at least there's the OVA I can look forward to

Here's hoping they'll adapt Durarara!! SH and the rest of the Baccano! LNs
Comic_SansMar 26, 2016 11:11 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 26, 2016 11:04 AM
Jun 2015
Hey BokuMachi,
This is how you do an ending.
Mar 26, 2016 11:06 AM

Dec 2010
Lol, so Celty spent 3 season to regain his own head back just to lose it again in 5 minutes? :D
Mar 26, 2016 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
I cant believe it is finally over. Im so sad to see it go. Ive loved this anime so much and ive been with it for so long. This anime just got better and better every week. This final episode was great. Celty calms everything down. Takashi gets hit back and tortured. The trio is back together. Izaya may live or die but he getting tf out of the city. Shizuo and Varona have a nice moment. Kujiragi saves Ruri and i love how the otaku gangsters describe how it happened. The celty x Shinra moment was beautiful. Ive had so much fun with this anime and im gonna miss it. I hope SH gets an adaptation.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 26, 2016 11:10 AM

Mar 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
dizzyur said:

I almost believed you were trolling for a moment, but the fact you actually like Nasujima makes me question your sanity. He was scum, and he deserved a scum like fate.
Then I guess you view me, and all other Izaya fans, as batshit insane as well?

Nasujima might be a psychopathic asshole but the same goes for Izaya

I don't really see why you're attacking her personally and implying that she might be crazy just because she happens to like a character that you don't like
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 26, 2016 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
dizzyur said:

You haven't heard me harping before about him on these forums? I've been on almost every ep discussion. I've liked Nasujima since I watched the original series nearly five years ago. I don't control what I'm drawn to and what I'm not. I like bad characters with potentially psycho traits and potentially depressing backstories. I like sadistic crazies, okay? I'm not some kind of pedestal morally nor do I claim to be. I've been fascinated with the psyche of criminals and deviants for awhile, i watched crime shows frequently as a kid.

sanity, well, let's not delve into that. yes I have problems, I've had problems galore with myself mentally, but believe it or not, my fondness for this scum actually helped me heal mentally when I was troubled. Maybe that's a little messed up, maybe I'm a little messed up, but no one is so mentally upstanding that they can't deny they've had some kind of problem. You don't really need to further highlight the fact that I was born with a warped brain, I'm aware of that and have been aware of it for like ten fucking years.

It's not like I don't acknowledge that he's scum, I don't deny that at all, but I'd prefer the fate was dealt in a manner that didn't involve a character I abhor so much. I really hate Haruna. She's an irritatingly typical bore of a yandere who mainly developed into a yandere on account of how Nasujima was implied to have abused her, and yet people still have the audacity to say he didn't do anything relevant to the plot at all? You think I really have no sense of moral as to be able to not tell he's scum? Nobody gets chastised for liking Izaya in that way even though he's also scum. Why?! Because Izaya's fucking popular. But I guarantee if any character as scummy as Izaya were given the development that he was, people would be flocking to that character the way they would Izaya normally.

Anyway, the novel, although I abhor the ending and lacking development there as well, gives him more detail as far as character goes, and some explanation, all of which was completely paved over in the anime adaptation, although that's far from the only thing they goofed. I have no patience for the way this adaptation has handled some things, even the Shizuo Izaya fight was underwhelming, and that's coming from someone who doesn't particularly love Shizuo or Izaya. That's why I kept downgrading my rating.

The point is, there is more to scummy scum than meets the eye despite how much people love to bash him, and there's no reason and no way to prohibit me from hating the ending. If I went into further elaboration as to why I liked Nasujima precisely I would be writing another paragraph. I get sick of having to constantly explain myself, I wish people would accept me for what I like and who I am, not basing it off entirely a heightened sense of moral. What is so wrong about wanting to delve into some dark, dank evil every once in awhile instead of embracing perfection or happiness? What's so wrong with that? I've been through a lot of shit, if I want to wallow in my love for some scummy character, let me. I'm not hurting anyone.
removed-userMar 26, 2016 11:16 AM
Mar 26, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2009
Comic_Sans said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Then I guess you view me, and all other Izaya fans, as batshit insane as well?

Nasujima might be a psychopathic asshole but the same goes for Izaya

I don't really see why you're attacking her personally and implying that she might be crazy just because she happens to like a character that you don't like

Because she's shitting on the ending for giving the just desserts to an evil as fuck character. I like Izaya as well but he deserved the ending he got. If she puts her opinion out on a discussion board, people have the right to call her out for her opinion.
Mar 26, 2016 11:17 AM

Dec 2014
Well after Nasujima repeatedly stabbed Mikado...

I really don't think there is that much of a problem with his ending.
Mar 26, 2016 11:19 AM

Dec 2009
dizzyur said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

You haven't heard me harping before about him on these forums? I've been on almost every ep discussion. I've liked Nasujima since I watched the original series nearly five years ago. I don't control what I'm drawn to and what I'm not. I like bad characters with potentially psycho traits and potentially depressing backstories.

sanity, well, let's not delve into that. yes I have problems, I've had problems galore with myself mentally, but believe it or not, my fondness for this scum actually helped me heal mentally when I was troubled.

It's not like I don't acknowledge that he's scum, I don't deny that at all, but I'd prefer the fate was dealt in a manner that didn't involve a character I abhor so much. I really hate Haruna. She's an irritatingly typical bore of a yandere who mainly developed into a yandere on account of how Nasujima was implied to have abused her, and yet people still have the audacity to say he didn't do anything relevant to the plot at all? You think I really have no sense of moral as to be able to not tell he's scum? Nobody gets chastised for liking Izaya in that way even though he's also scum. Why?! Because Izaya's fucking popular. But I guarantee if any character as scummy as Izaya were given the development that he was, people would be flocking to that character the way they would Izaya normally.

Anyway, the novel, although I abhor the ending and lacking development there as well, gives him more detail as far as character goes, and some explanation, all of which was completely paved over in the anime adaptation, although that's far from the only thing they goofed. I have no patience for the way this adaptation has handled some things, even the Shizuo Izaya fight was underwhelming, and that's coming from someone who doesn't particularly love Shizuo or Izaya. That's why I kept downgrading my rating.

The point is, there is more to scummy scum than meets the eye despite how much people love to bash him, and there's no reason and no way to prohibit me from hating the ending. If I went into further elaboration as to why I liked Nasujima precisely I would be writing another paragraph. I get sick of having to constantly explain myself, I wish people would accept me for what I like and who I am, not basing it off entirely a heightened sense of moral. What is so wrong about wanting to delve into some dark, dank evil every once in awhile instead of embracing perfection or happiness? What's so wrong with that? I've been through a lot of shit, if I want to wallow in my love for some scummy character, let me. I'm not hurting anyone.

I actually checked out your profile and see your obsession with Nasujima. I don't care who you like, but I will question you on it when your entire opinion on the series revolves around one single minor character with no redeeming qualities and has an entire list of evil unforgivable deeds, as anyone would.

You're on a public forum participating in an episode discussion online, people seeing your comments on the last episode are going to question shit you say.
Aiko_HiroshiMar 26, 2016 11:26 AM
Mar 26, 2016 11:22 AM

Dec 2009
Dazardz said:
Well after Nasujima repeatedly stabbed Mikado...

I really don't think there is that much of a problem with his ending.

Exactly. He literally tried to murder a group of kids at the end. That's not even taking into account his last plan to take over the entire city with the Saika and his previous evil deeds. Fuck it was even revealed he was the one that ran over Kadota. He deserved to suffer.
Mar 26, 2016 11:22 AM

Oct 2015
Beautiful end of the series: I loved; especially that all the "good guys" had a happy ending. Including those very secondary. On the other hand he did not die Izaya hate whoever he was her murderer.
It seems that everything will return to normal in Ikebukuro.
Final Score 8/10
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 26, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
I love Izaya and I even feel bad for him. I wish that he could have had some sort of realization or change of heart at the end about Shizuo or his beliefs in general but even I know he deserved all the shit that happened to him. He dug his own grave and Nasujima was no different.

JotakakMar 26, 2016 11:43 AM
Mar 26, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2011
It was a good ending to a very long and complex series. All is right in Ikebukuro.

Still a bigger fan of S1 over the three chapters of S2. I'm glad to have watched this and sad to see this cast go.
Mar 26, 2016 11:31 AM
Feb 2011
Good series but the ending was almost to happy of one.
Mar 26, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Because she's shitting on the ending for giving the just desserts to an evil as fuck character. I like Izaya as well but he deserved the ending he got.
If you read the other posts in this thread you'll see that there are people that felt bad for Izaya and wish things could've ended better for him

Are those people crazy?

They aren't

Therefore Dizzyur is not crazy either
If she puts her opinion out on a discussion board, people have the right to call her out for her opinion.
Absolutely, and that also means I have the right to shit on you for using ad hominem and for having an opinion I disagree with
Nico- said:
Mar 26, 2016 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
dizzyur said:

You haven't heard me harping before about him on these forums? I've been on almost every ep discussion. I've liked Nasujima since I watched the original series nearly five years ago. I don't control what I'm drawn to and what I'm not. I like bad characters with potentially psycho traits and potentially depressing backstories.

sanity, well, let's not delve into that. yes I have problems, I've had problems galore with myself mentally, but believe it or not, my fondness for this scum actually helped me heal mentally when I was troubled.

I actually checked out your profile and see your obsession with Nasujima. I don't care who you like, but I will question you on it when you're putting your entire opinion revolving around the entire damn series towards one single minor character with no redeeming qualities, then be prepared to have people question you.

You're on a public forum participating in an episode discussion online, people seeing your comments on the last episode are going to question shit you say.

Hoooooo boy boy boy

"no redeeming qualities"

eeeek buddy that hurts

So you combed my profile without reading the thousand explanations I provided links to? Well, there's your main problem, but then again, if you do take the time to actually look at them, then you'll probably just think me crazier. Like i said, I don't need anymore reassurance that I had problems, but you can just keep rubbing that fact in my face if it makes you feel better.

Anyway, Izaya deserved worse than he did. Nasu just reappeared and was spared any fucking explanation (which was vague in the novels but less shitty than the anime's portrayal of it all, in other words, the explanation was nonexistent), but Izaya has been there throughout the entirety of the series starting fires and getting no punishment for it. Just because to a lot of people Nasu's form of deviancy somehow makes him qualified for a worse fate than Izaya, doesn't discount the fact that the quantity of what Izaya's done is at least on par with that. Needless to say there's no telling how many the sicko has raped but when stacked against Izaya… well, okay, I would've preferred Izaya die or end up in a torture dungeon instead. That would delight me.

Going back to my score..... maybe I wasn't clear enough, that the ending wasn't the main thing to make my score drop
As I've said a billion times before on the other episode discussions, I didn't like how rapidly things went by in the anime compared to the LN and how many details were omitted. That's my main gripe. I feel like twelve episodes for this final cour was too little to squeeze all the novel's explanation, and my assumptions were proven correctly. That's mainly why my score dwindled. Having high hopes that they'd show more faithfulness to the source material, I was disappointed with the outcome, it felt rushed. It's not like the fate of Nasujima was the deciding factor for me to dock my score again, it was already sitting at a 6.5-7 by episode 11 regardless of the ending I knew was coming and the fate I knew was going to piss me off. I rounded it down to a 6 when I decided to take into consideration how shoddy the animation was at times. I may bring it back up to a 7 later if I'm feeling nice.
removed-userMar 26, 2016 11:40 AM
Mar 26, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2009
@Comic_Sans

If you agree with her rant towards the series and her obsession towards Nisujima somehow being the best character and not deserving the fate he got, then I'll question your sanity too. Izaya might be scum (He at least had some redeeming qualities, like his friendship with Shinra), but the crimes he committed don't even compare to Nisujima, and he still got his just desserts in the end. They both deserve their fates. You're both in the minority and it seems like you can't accept people calling out blind hate.
Mar 26, 2016 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
I thought it was kind of funny to see Izaya all fucked up like that lol. Celty, not surprisingly, had her memories all along, and it's a good thing Shinra realized that. It just sucks that Celty has spent all this time trying to get her head back and once she finally got it.....she loses it again lol. I'm also not surprised Mikado didn't successfully kill himself. I'm pretty certain the author wasn't seriously going to do that. I have no problems with the ending that Nasujima got since he tried to murder a group of teens, he deserves whatever shit is coming to him. It was really nice to see Mikado, Masaomi, and Anri together again in that hospital room as well.

Well, it was definitely a crazy ass ride but it's all over now. Gonna miss this series, 7/10.
thebrentinator24Mar 26, 2016 11:51 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 26, 2016 11:44 AM

Aug 2010
Good finale.

The CeltyxShinra stuff were really fun. Esp the monologue exposing/tsundere translating Shinra did lol

Sux that Varona is leaving for now :( She was cute during the farewell scene

Shizuo throwing Shinra was monstrous as usual

What's the logic behind Rocchi being the only one not tied up by Celty tho? Too fabulous?

I actually kinda feel bad for Takeshi lol, he's an ass but he's in for lots of suffering.

Shinra's dad and Namie's scene was lol too

And Izaya is out of town.

Seeing Aoba pissed was fun :P

8.5/10 for me, Probably my fav season of all Drrr
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

158 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

117 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 8:59 PM

» Favorite Durarara Character ( 1 2 )

daze3x - Feb 20, 2016

74 by Archfiend836 »»
Feb 13, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

85 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

95 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.