Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 1, 2016 8:01 AM
Mar 2012
Level of mystery, pacing & episodic nature closer to Sakurako-san, but throws more clues for audiences to chew over. Mostly mystery focused instead of music. But glad it's lots of comedy & fun characters I enjoyed, balances out some of the blander mysteries. Yes I liked how arrogant & gay-for-sensei Haru is, feels fresh as an mc.
Chika really is the genki fairy that makes the show. All the yuri hugs bring a lot of energy, and looks like she got herself a harem end...
The mysteries are mostly daily life & relationship focused, with less on doom & gloom, so some execution is hard to get invested & drags on. Still has memorable ideas tho, like the inherited ghost house, Narushima rubik's cube, red army bear, Snufkin, Gotou & Vietnam. Minor ones like Maren adoption, rock goddess, Serizawa's hearing, dog, & Kaiyu radio.

komasan said:
tingy said:

Oops, I didn't even actually click the link haha. Thanks for the heads up :) And I agree, not just novels, but a lot of shoujo romance manga gets live-action adaptations as well. If the live-action gets subbed, I might try it out as well.

Don't hold any expectations for the live action >_>
Just seeing the cast alone killed any expectations for me. The two main leads have little experience in acting, they're just cheap to use and are popular as idols.

sutradere said:
how many books they adapt this season?

There's currently 5 books with 4 mysteries in each. The anime didn't go by chronological order and only 10 mysteries have been adapted (the first and last episode were semi-original). I don't think there will be a second season since it's not exactly selling.

Not familiar with actors, there's Shori Sato & Kanna Hashimoto. Heard the latter is a famous idol.
Might watch since there's not many mystery shows.
Apr 2, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2009
... Pff.
I am dissapointed.
It's 5/10 for me.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 3, 2016 8:41 AM
Dec 2013
The series could be better...
It's a 5/10 as well (6/10 if counting the OP by fhana).
The series failed for P.A Works' answer to Hyouka (I heard it's really good, one of must watch anime), Hibike! Euphonium & Sakurako-san
GamingGuy1802Apr 3, 2016 8:44 AM
Apr 6, 2016 7:08 PM

Apr 2014
I really, really loved this show. It got a bit repetitive around episode 4 but quickly fixed that. The characters were endearing and - really - I just loved a positive show that revolved around two best friends crushing on the same (unobtainable) guy. With emotional mysteries and music.

Only complain would be that the colors for the characters and the abrupt ending. A bit fun, though.

9/10
Apr 7, 2016 2:13 PM

Oct 2008
Too bad they only got Bronze place.
Well that always happens! -> when you put up a tough front , them seeing you not crying, but after a while you go on a corner and you're the one who cried the most!
Chika always likes to destroy the moment: "Sensei, To tell you the truth, we both...have no money to pay for the train tickets home!" LOL!
HaruChika are certified STALKERS!
Finally Serizawa is joining the club!
LOL Chika has very high hopes on being the next club president!
5/5.
7/10.

Apr 8, 2016 1:59 AM

Jun 2009
Eh, it was alright. Haruta was pretty annoying and boring but Chika made up for that, I really liked her. 6/10
Apr 8, 2016 7:42 PM
Aug 2015
I saw this show FOR CHIKA-CHAN (yep, i like the seiyuu...) and in overall was... normal(?), the "music theme" mixed with mystery was something new(?) but no used this...
i was expect more but, in the end (8) was great/normal(?)

I3rawler said:
Magito said:
7/10. Because Chika
THIS. Same here.

Well, this wasn't a bad finale, but it wasn't that special either. I liked the concert though.

I'd watch a S2 if there's gonna be one. FOR CHIKA-CHAN.

EDIT: A movie?? Yeah, I'm watching that FOR CHIKA-CHAN

x2
Apr 18, 2016 8:40 AM

Sep 2009
wow that was.... nothing.
it kinda felt really rushed in the end because we still know as good as nothing about teachers past just that he quit because he lost someone precious to him I mean come on that's way too cliché even for an anime.
I was really interested in the beginning because of the advertised "love triangle" but in the end there really was no romance just 2-3 times of awkward blushing =/

Apr 21, 2016 1:46 PM

Feb 2015
not really a great finale but it was not bad either. it was a good finale overall imo.
just one thing that i like from this finale is the performance. and i feel like it was lack of something.....but well, i still think it was a pretty good ending.

overall thought on the series; personally, i really enjoyed watching this series, but not fully enjoyed it like enjoy it so muuchhhhh. what i like from this series is the mystery. so fun, interesting and enjoyable to watch to me, but one thing that really really bothered my enjoyment, you know the answer, it was the MC (Haruka) and you know why he bothered my enjoyment. if Haruka didn't have that kind of personality and instead taking a normal romance route with Chika, probably i could rate it 8/9. but everytime i saw that character and talking about his love to his teacher really pissed me off so much. other than that was good imo, i enjoy it.

i enjoy it but not really, i give 7/10 for this show.
May 7, 2016 8:46 AM
Jul 2008
anyone know about this? is this haruchika novel? the character design is really different and it's not listed in here..
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/bunko/character-novels/series/haruchika.php

GenesisAria said:
desertkona said:

But that Open Ending is Unsatisfying
The open was fine, the last fer seconds where it just kinda cut off on the buss made me raise an eyebrow though.

I got that feeling too.. The music was still sounding but suddenly it got cut off
May 11, 2016 4:19 AM

Dec 2012
It was a good anime, I liked Haruka and Chika, they were very complementary. I expected more musics, but it was ok fun like that.
May 16, 2016 11:27 AM

Oct 2007
HaruChika isn't what most people were hoping or expecting it to be. In short, HaruChika is a jack of all trades, a master of none. This show has everything but perfect at nothing. With that said, this anime combines everything into this one small little show and turn it into something entertainment and fun to watch. It can be a little easier if you can adapt to the show instead forcing the show to adapt to you.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 26, 2016 5:55 AM

Sep 2012
Tevens said:
one thing that really really bothered my enjoyment, you know the answer, it was the MC (Haruka) and you know why he bothered my enjoyment. if Haruka didn't have that kind of personality and instead taking a normal romance route with Chika, probably i could rate it 8/9. but everytime i saw that character and talking about his love to his teacher really pissed me off so much. other than that was good imo, i enjoy it.

Normal romance with Chika??? We finally get one canonically gay character whose sexuality isn't the epitome of their being and its a bad thing?
You people...
Jun 26, 2016 7:12 AM

Feb 2015
Mikuo_Chan said:
Tevens said:
one thing that really really bothered my enjoyment, you know the answer, it was the MC (Haruka) and you know why he bothered my enjoyment. if Haruka didn't have that kind of personality and instead taking a normal romance route with Chika, probably i could rate it 8/9. but everytime i saw that character and talking about his love to his teacher really pissed me off so much. other than that was good imo, i enjoy it.

Normal romance with Chika??? We finally get one canonically gay character whose sexuality isn't the epitome of their being and its a bad thing?
You people...

i never said it's a bad thing. i just dislike that kind of relationship.
Jul 8, 2016 1:53 PM

Oct 2009
Chika wasn't even that great.
Jul 15, 2016 3:37 AM
May 2013
This show had really nothing to offer. It could've been bearable to watch if they focused music instead of non-sense mystery. And then these characters like Haruta (and Kusakabe)...so poorly written.

Maybe not all time worst show, so I'll give 2/10.
Jul 17, 2016 8:23 PM

Jul 2016
Well, i was amazed by the show when i saw the first episodes but the last episodes were weak for the drama development.
7/10
I hope that will be a second season to surpass those errors.
Jul 20, 2016 11:40 AM

Apr 2009
Glasslip = HaruChika.

I miss their quality shows (Hanasaku Iroha, Nagi no Asakura) :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2016 3:37 AM

Jun 2011
I hate to admit it, but I agree with the sentiment that this is probably the second worst show by PA works that I've seen. Haruta is annoyingly creepy and manipulative, stalking, eavesdropping, you name it, and he has done it all. Chika was originally a girl who wanted to be this "cuto garu" (I loved how she said it), but slowly regressed to just another passionate idiot. As for the character development, there ain't none. The show basically skipped the development portion and jumped from A point to B point. Everybody gel together so quickly there's no development needed.

I also disliked the epilogue of this series, such a cliche outcome where they lost and cried. I would understand if they were passionate about it and poured their heart and soul into practising, and while that may have been true, lmao we basically saw the whole series of them not practising most of the screen time and instead solving some random mystery, or stalking. Let's just say that the other guys are good so they're allowed some time off, what about Chika? She's a total beginner but she follows around the main group because she's a main character, duh, plot needed her to be there, how else is she gonna prove that she's one of the main characters?

Pretty good first episode and it fell off, a very steep cliff, and died. I saw the romance genre tag and it's so misleading because there are no romance at all in this series, other than a few empty words of "I like sensei" which didn't feel genuine and had little to no continuation. I don't even know why Chika fell for sensei on her first day of school. Or maybe she just did for the sake of plot continuation a.k.a. lazy writing.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 24, 2016 1:33 AM

Jan 2016
The only good thing about this anime are the mysteries, just kidding, its really a good anime, well though, it has its flaws.. I feel like their will be a second season for this, I mean the ending was.. ehh

7/10

#NoHate
Feb 16, 2017 7:04 PM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed it, I guess, but some of the mysteries were so stupid. So many dead relatives trolling their loved ones from the grave.
Feb 22, 2018 1:30 AM
Nov 2017
Comic_Sans said:
So... we didn't get to see Kusakabe put his ding ding inside of Haruta?

No kissing, no hugging, no confession, nothing?

Fucking clit block

3/10
xD have some ciggar
Sep 8, 2019 8:56 AM

Jun 2014
This was worthless bullshit: the anime. 1/10
:3
Jul 4, 2020 8:57 AM
Jun 2019
Uhhh... Feels good, nice story 9/10 from me
Jun 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Apr 2015
Not sure why it got so much hate, maybe watching it weekly has something to do with it
Anyway, it was good and quite enjoyable at times, simple plot and didn't set high goals
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 16, 2023

0 by yukiyamayui »»
Nov 16, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2016

429 by Nakano_Nin0 »»
Sep 16, 2022 6:05 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

126 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 24, 2022 9:16 PM

» Why is HaruChika's rating so low

ChrisAMV - Mar 5, 2016

41 by PowerMinerYT »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:06 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2016

86 by luminality »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.