Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2016 7:51 PM

Jan 2008
With the game releasing in Japan in a couple days (March 24) and the the rest getting it a bit later (April 12), anyone else hyped up for some souls? Expecting a bunch of new gameplay vids within the next few days.

Lastest trailer

An early game review (big spoilers)

Can't fucking wait man, haven't had any games of interest for the past couple months so been really looking forward to this.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2016 8:05 PM

Dec 2012
I'm trying to avoid any and all coverage for this. I want it to be like my first time playing DS1 :D
Mar 22, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2008
Objurgo said:
I'm trying to avoid any and all coverage for this. I want it to be like my first time playing DS1 :D

Yea, that's understandable. I just couldn't hold myself back and ended up watching a part of a demo play-through and one thing led to another.
Mar 22, 2016 8:09 PM

Apr 2013
April 12th?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That's like Finals week fam
Mar 22, 2016 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
Paul said:
Objurgo said:

Yea, that's understandable. I just couldn't hold myself back and ended up watching a part of a demo play-through and one thing led to another.

I can understand. That happened to me with Bloodborne
Mar 22, 2016 8:28 PM

Jun 2010
Odd choice of music for the trailer but otherwise, I'm looking forward to the game, really dig Dark Souls. Haven't played Bloodborne but I'm planning on getting it soon anyway
Mar 22, 2016 8:50 PM

Nov 2008
No, I'm not hyped. I've played three of these many times already. I want something new. I'm sure I'll enjoy this when I eventually play it, but I'm in no hurry. I'm just glad the series is over.

Mar 22, 2016 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
I'm sick of it, but I am going to play it. Hopefully this will be the last, because milking a franchise dry is never really a good thing.
Mar 22, 2016 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
Haven't even finished the first. Let's see what I can do about that in the next few days. This one looks fine.
Mar 23, 2016 1:11 AM

Aug 2014
And I haven't even finish dark souls 1 yet. ;_;
I honestly don't know if I'll be getting this on release, I would quite like to play bloodborne and perhaps demon's souls before 3, but we'll see.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 23, 2016 1:50 AM

Jul 2013
Won't be getting this one. This kind of game is really just not for me. I played Bloodborne and man... the environment is just sad and dark and quiet. I want a game world that is lively, vibrant and full of life and not like a game where you walk in a dark street and suddenly a zombie attacks you with a pitchfork, you kill him and move on and the same thing happens for a dozen more times. I find it dull. Besides, the thing that actually got me frustrated with that game is that it's really hard. I'm forever stuck with that freaking blood-starved beast. And you can't manually save.. what? you traveled across the map and you made a wrong turn and a giant stomped you to death? fuck you go back to where to started and lose all of your blood echoes... It's just really frustrating. And I can't just "git gud" because I don't have the motivation to do so. I also remember I was in the middle of my first playthrough of The Witcher 3 when I got Bloodborne and The Witcher 3's so damn addicting. From then on Bloodborne has been in my shelf collecting dust. I don't know maybe one of these days I'll play it again
Mar 23, 2016 5:16 AM

Nov 2015
Objurgo said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one lol. I have already had IGN spoil me on two things simply by me going on twitter and them posting spoilerific content at the same time. Nothing major but still stuff I didn't want to be spoiled. I love Souls games and REALLY have been going out of my way to have this game be fresh when I pop it in.
Mar 23, 2016 3:47 PM

Mar 2014

oh my god, its super gwyn
Mar 23, 2016 3:59 PM

Oct 2014
Streamers already have access to the english version :/ it's so lame. It's already been a pain in the ass to avoid spoilers and now this happens. I still don't understand why there wasn't a global release if people are just going to get the english version the same day anyway; in before monies and namco.
Mar 23, 2016 4:05 PM

Jul 2014
PrimeX said:
Won't be getting this one. This kind of game is really just not for me. I played Bloodborne and man... the environment is just sad and dark and quiet. I want a game world that is lively, vibrant and full of life and not like a game where you walk in a dark street and suddenly a zombie attacks you with a pitchfork, you kill him and move on and the same thing happens for a dozen more times. I find it dull. Besides, the thing that actually got me frustrated with that game is that it's really hard. I'm forever stuck with that freaking blood-starved beast. And you can't manually save.. what? you traveled across the map and you made a wrong turn and a giant stomped you to death? fuck you go back to where to started and lose all of your blood echoes... It's just really frustrating. And I can't just "git gud" because I don't have the motivation to do so. I also remember I was in the middle of my first playthrough of The Witcher 3 when I got Bloodborne and The Witcher 3's so damn addicting. From then on Bloodborne has been in my shelf collecting dust. I don't know maybe one of these days I'll play it again
Like you said, style of game just isn't for you and it's the same way for a lot of people. All of the things you described are 100% intentional by design.

Mar 23, 2016 4:15 PM

Mar 2014
PrimeX said:

my god, just get good.
Mar 23, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2013
PrimeX said:
don't complain if you can't get gud nerd
Mar 23, 2016 6:03 PM

Jul 2013
TR-8RCaim said:
PrimeX said:
I'm not complaining I'm just stating my reason why I'm not getting the new dark souls game because I know fanboys like you would go aggro on me for saying "I did not like Bloodborne so I'm not getting this game" without saying why.
Mar 24, 2016 9:23 AM

Mar 2016
Bloodborn was amazing for me. Such fast a fluid combat and great style. Going back to a slower style of game-play has me a bit unsure for dark souls 3.

Mar 24, 2016 11:49 AM

Dec 2011
I need to buy a PS4 right now, Dark Souls III will be amazing (only saw the first 45min of gameplay) and Bloodborne is fantastic.
But while I don't have a PS4, I'll happily play my DS1, Demon's and DS2. <3
Mar 24, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2015
I need this game!!! Can't wait to invade and ruin people's day!

Now if only power within can get confirmed...
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 24, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2016
A friend gave me a copy of Bloodborne because he wanted me to play it so much.

Mar 24, 2016 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
PrimeX said:

I've only played Dark Souls I and Demon's Souls, but I didn't enjoy the former that much. It felt unfinished after Anor Londo (DLC aside) and the ways you could die in it felt way cheaper than in the original (The famous archers in Anor Londo and the white guys that try to push you to your dead while you're walking over that narrow path, the first mimic you face...). The only middle finger moment that I remember in Demon's was the two man-eaters using psywaves at you in that narrow area on Tower of Latria, but it wasn't even close to being as bad as those other parts I mentioned. That, combined with people saying DaSII was mediocre, made me lose interest in the next games.

And nah, I would say the Souls series is more about you being knowledgeable about what is to come than actually getting good (dropping down and attacking Asylum and Taurus Demon from above, the locations of summons like Solaire or Tarkus for Gargoyles and Iron Golem if you are alive, whether you kill Biggy or Smalls first it will give you another different boss fight...). Once you know, some of the bosses are disgustingly easy.
Mar 27, 2016 4:55 AM

Jan 2015
PrimeX said:
TR-8RCaim said:
I'm not complaining I'm just stating my reason why I'm not getting the new dark souls game because I know fanboys like you would go aggro on me for saying "I'm not good at Bloodborne so I'm not getting this game" without saying why.

Fixed that for you. :-)
Mar 27, 2016 5:14 AM

Jul 2013
Toasty_One said:
PrimeX said:
I'm not complaining I'm just stating my reason why I'm not getting the new dark souls game because I know fanboys like you would go aggro on me for saying "I'm not good at Bloodborne so I'm not getting this game" without saying why.

ok.. I have 4 things to say about that.

1.Being bad at something does not necessarily make me dislike it and in this case, it's just one of the few reasons.

2.If you read my very first statement, I have explicitly said that I suck at this game, so your "fix" proved no point.

3. If I state my reason (being bad at it) already at the middle part of the sentence then the phrase "-without saying why" in the end would be irrelevant, therefore making the whole statement grammatically incorrect.

4. I can't believe I still keep getting quoted for something that I said 3 days ago. I get it people, you love the Dark Souls franchise but the backlash is really surprising.

:-)
Mar 27, 2016 5:18 AM

Jan 2015
PrimeX said:
Toasty_One said:

ok.. I have 4 things to say about that.

1.Being bad at something does not necessarily make me dislike it and in this case, it's just one of the few reasons.

2.If you read my very first statement, I have explicitly said that I suck at this game, so your "fix" proved no point.

3. If I state my reason (being bad at it) already at the middle part of the sentence then the phrase "-without saying why" in the end would be irrelevant, therefore making the whole statement grammatically incorrect.

4. I can't believe I still keep getting quoted for something that I said 3 days ago. I get it people, you love the Dark Souls franchise but the backlash is really surprising.

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya. Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama. Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go. Ooh I wanna you down to Kokomo
Mar 28, 2016 5:36 AM
Jan 2016
Ezekiel said:
No, I'm not hyped. I've played three of these many times already. I want something new. I'm sure I'll enjoy this when I eventually play it, but I'm in no hurry. I'm just glad the series is over.
its over? I thought the european theme was over
Mar 28, 2016 7:14 AM

Apr 2012
I'm going to destroy this fucking game.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Mar 28, 2016 10:37 AM

Nov 2008
drahan said:
Ezekiel said:
Miyazaki: "I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future. Dark Souls 3 will mark the last game where the development project began before I became president. The next title will be a game that was conceived while I was president. I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/

Mar 28, 2016 11:28 AM
Jan 2016
Ezekiel said:
drahan said:
Miyazaki: "I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future. Dark Souls 3 will mark the last game where the development project began before I became president. The next title will be a game that was conceived while I was president. I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/
as disappointed as i am i kinda have some respect for them for stopping something that made them alot of money i just hope they can still make good games and not be remembered for souls and bloodborne
Mar 28, 2016 11:31 AM

May 2015
Im rly hype for it, even started playing Dark Soul II again on PVP. Lucky youtubers with 2Million+ views can play it already :/
Anyway, it will be sad if Dark Souls II is the last of the Souls series.
Mar 28, 2016 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
One of my most anticipated games of the year, though I probably won't really get a chance to play it till late April (going away for 2 weeks the exact day it releases).

Hopefully I may get my copy on the 9th, it isn't too uncommon for me to receive games that are releasing on a Tuesday the Saturday beforehand when I pre-order from ShopTo.
Mar 28, 2016 1:21 PM

Sep 2015
im so hyped. every day after wake up i count the remaining days and jizz in my pants. univeristy won't see me for a week after the 9th (some shops have it earlier and i will definitely find one)

Mar 28, 2016 2:04 PM

Mar 2014
can someone give me a copy of demons souls and/or scholar of the first sin?
Mar 28, 2016 2:05 PM

Dec 2012
This is the first Dark Souls game that I'm actually not pirating... heh
Mar 28, 2016 7:05 PM

Jan 2012
Literally counting the hours till 12th. The wait is excruciating. ;___;
Mar 28, 2016 7:35 PM

Oct 2014
Nyaanpasu said:
Literally counting the hours till 12th. The wait is excruciating. ;___;

Don't go hollow man, only two more weeks D;
Mar 28, 2016 11:03 PM

Jul 2015
Looking forward to pvp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGww8wfyEm8
[/url]
Mar 29, 2016 3:42 PM

Jan 2013
This is the final boss theme.
If you loved the first Dark Souls, you'll be in for a pleasant, bonder-inducing surprise at 2:10

sullynathan said:
can someone give me a copy of demons souls and/or scholar of the first sin?
Demons souls is going for $20 on Amazon
Mar 29, 2016 5:52 PM

Oct 2015
I plan on waiting for reviews (well not really reviews, but just community consensus) first before buying it, because although Miyazaki is back at the helm I fear it will be another DSII.
DSII was not "bad", it's just that it was the weakest entry in the series by far, and I don't want to buy DSIII unless it returns to the standard set by Dark and Demon's Souls.

If I do buy it, it will be the first in the series that I buy on PC, which will be interesting.
Mar 29, 2016 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
Lobinde said:
I plan on waiting for reviews (well not really reviews, but just community consensus) first before buying it, because although Miyazaki is back at the helm I fear it will be another DSII.
DSII was not "bad", it's just that it was the weakest entry in the series by far, and I don't want to buy DSIII unless it returns to the standard set by Dark and Demon's Souls.

If I do buy it, it will be the first in the series that I buy on PC, which will be interesting.
Miyazaki wasn't the director of dark souls 2 though
Mar 29, 2016 7:05 PM

Jun 2014
Makes me sad that this is the last Dark Souls. I loved the second one (and Demon Souls).

Mar 30, 2016 3:31 AM

Oct 2015
TR-8RCaim said:
Lobinde said:

yep, exactly. hence the "although miyazaki is BACK"...
Mar 30, 2016 3:37 AM

Jan 2013
Lobinde said:
TR-8RCaim said:

yep, exactly. hence the "although miyazaki is BACK"...
Then why fear it's going to be like Dark Souls II if Miyazaki is back? I gotta friend several blocks away playing Dark Souls III on Xbox and it's pretty damn good.
Mar 30, 2016 2:02 PM

Dec 2014
It sucks how popular streamers are given early English copies of the game. Heck, it should have been an international release. It is literally very difficult to avoid spoilers of the game when people on sites like YouTube are placing boss names and images on the thumbnails of videos.. I kinda have to avoid the internet to ensure a fully blind experience.
Mar 30, 2016 9:03 PM

Mar 2014
Lobinde said:

Scholar of the first sin, made by B-team, is better than most of DS1. There are no worries here.
Mar 30, 2016 10:26 PM

Jul 2014
I have the first two, and never got halfway through either of them, but I'm excited for this one because it's the first i'll be getting on release. I have every intention of getting my ass handed to me at every turn.
Mar 31, 2016 1:36 PM

Feb 2014
I never played Dark Souls myself but I heard it's a really difficult game. I recently saw some streams of Dark Souls 3 and I can confirm that. However I don't really like the dark atmosphere , I'd rather play something like skyrim but I might buy this game because I would like to try a real challenging game.
VerhusMar 31, 2016 1:39 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

34 by DesuMaiden »»
5 hours ago

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - Yesterday

2 by Vampire_Lord »»
6 hours ago

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

24 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3543 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago

» Switch 2 launching with Breath of the Wild Remake!?

rohan121 - Yesterday

6 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.