Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 13, 2016 9:45 PM
Feb 2015
BGMaxie said:
ixarising said:

To be exact, she didn't underwent what you said for three years on a daily basis. It was about 1 and a half years or so cause all those thing you mentioned ended once she joined the Werewolf Battalion, Beatrix help save her from Axmann's grip, the remaining one and a half was mostly done under her free will or more appropriately of her loyalty to Beatrix whom she started to view as an older sister figure.
That quite counts as being "exploited" though. Ok she was not a prostitute anymore, but she had to do dirty work regardless for the Stasi no less.

She did most of it willingly after joining the Werewolf battalion though. The anime didn't show it at all but Lise is actually very loyal to Beatrix. Yes Theodor is one of the reason why Lise is working for the Stasi, so is Beatrix. Lise wants Beatrix to rise to the top and take over the Stasi, hence is willing to do anything for her.
Mar 13, 2016 10:08 PM
Sep 2010
Lise was brainwashed beyond repair, she was obsessed with saving her brother by getting him to join the Stasis. And she was willing to do anything to do that, have sex with her superior or kill her best friends. You have to understand that these people can no longer be saved at all. No matter how much you try you just cannot. Her goal were to be achieved at all cost, turning in her friends and family, doing whatever the stasis told her to do. You guys don't think this broke her down beyond repair? She joined them making them believe she was one of them, she was their friend. She betrayed them and killed Pham, she didn't think even think about it, someone whom trusted her, someone who gave her friendship. Lise didn't think about all of that, even at the very end she still crazy and with out redemption at all. Why didn't she tried to redeem herself at the last minute? Why didn't she try apologize for her crimes? Its safe to assume she would remain and unstable no matter how much saving Theo have tried, she was beyond hope and dreams.

"Dreams.. Hope - Just give them up already!"

"people can't trust other people, if you trust someone, that means they might kill you"
Pham trusted her, and got killed by her.
Mar 13, 2016 10:20 PM

Sep 2011
Ahaaha fucking finally. She finally gets shot. Good episode.
Mar 13, 2016 10:26 PM
Sep 2010
[quote=DarkSlayer182 message=45166634

I know how you feel, and I really want to see her live and get her happy end too. But I think there are only 2 possible actions that can be taken: 1. Save Lise by killing her; 2. Capture and cure her with theraphy and other cures.
Sadly, the most realisctic option at that time is the former as we don't konw how much time it'd take to cure her and at what cost.. :( [/quote]

The best way to cure someone is really by showing them affection, trust, and the change that you want in them. The best way to have cured her was them interacting with her, Theo defending her, being there for her, comrades giving her their trust. Which they did and look what happened. What else were they suppose to do exactly? therapy with 2 wars going at? They have the stasis and betas to fight, you think they have doctors available?

I think this scene was very important in showing how they were just pulling her strings

To be honest, it doesn't even feel like she really did love him. No what happened was the Stasis brainwashed her into becoming infatuated with him telling her it was up to her saved him by getting him to join. They drilled this into her very very deep. They manipulated her to become like this, they used what she at some point genuinely felt, and used it to control her. She was just a tool for them. I can see that maybe she didn't like the Stasis either and was only with them for protection because it was the obvious choice to make, and did what they asked of her because in her mind she believe doing that would get her closer to Theo but in her mind did she ever once think, what would happened to Theo had he joined?

Another way to have cured her would have been for Theo to be captured by Stasis, watch him be tortured and be shown first hand why the Statis was the real enemy. I think that would have snapped her into making the Stasis into her number one enemy. Perhaps them maybe she would have contacted the rebels, let them hes being capture and she will help them save them.
Mar 13, 2016 10:30 PM
Sep 2010
jomarggg said:
rongabiola said:

I feel the same way bruuuh! but thats just the way the anime is. This is not really a happy story with no deaths. If it was me I would rather capture her then slowly provide therapy as to probably help with her insanity which is the byproduct of the torture from STASI. She cannot make the decision to do right coz she has been damaged that much. But that is war, no time for emotions like that. In the visual novel does Lise have a good ending? or she is just dead all through routes..

DarkSlayer182 said:
Really sad to see Lise go. I mean, for me she is the one who suffered most compared to the rest of the characters. But I think killing her is the bect decision to take at that time.

I don't think it's badly written. It's more like it is the best strategy they can come up at that moment. The question is what will that decision lead them to?

As for Lise. She is basically insane, a special case. I think the only two thing in her mind is Stasi and Theodore. Not to mention if not for Theodore, the 666th might not be able to take her down... :(

I know how you feel, and I really want to see her live and get her happy end too. But I think there are only 2 possible actions that can be taken: 1. Save Lise by killing her; 2. Capture and cure her with theraphy and other cures.
Sadly, the most realisctic option at that time is the former as we don't konw how much time it'd take to cure her and at what cost.. :(

Theodore could have tried giving her some sweet talk like join me instead lets defeat the stasi the ones who tortured you and I promise to be with you after this or something he didnt even try hard enough all he did is keep asking where is Irisdina which just made Lise lose her hopes and dreams

Because at that point he knew Lise was done for, there was no going back for her. It was clear she infiltrated them earned their trust for the purpose of backstabbing them. You really think Lise would have be like "Omg brother I love you okay I will throw away 3 years of brainwashing that includes me turning on our friends and family, killing who knows how many people, sucking major dick, being drilled the only would to save you was to get you to come to the Stasis side, yes 4 lines of sweet talking is MORE than enough to win me over ^-^ <33"
Mar 13, 2016 10:33 PM
Sep 2010
ixarising said:
BGMaxie said:
That quite counts as being "exploited" though. Ok she was not a prostitute anymore, but she had to do dirty work regardless for the Stasi no less.

She did most of it willingly after joining the Werewolf battalion though. The anime didn't show it at all but Lise is actually very loyal to Beatrix. Yes Theodor is one of the reason why Lise is working for the Stasi, so is Beatrix. Lise wants Beatrix to rise to the top and take over the Stasi, hence is willing to do anything for her.

I didn't even think about this, but exactly this. She snapped because she understood the loyalty Theo had with the other blond chick as being the same that she had for Beatrix , and there was no way of him being convinced if not by force. What she didnt understand that once Beatrix was on top, she wouldn't care about her anymore, she was after-all just a tool
Mar 13, 2016 11:16 PM

Oct 2011
Goodbye Lise

Ding Dong Lise is dead La la la
Mar 13, 2016 11:35 PM

Nov 2011
that was really emotional for me. People arguing how easy it makes to change a victim like Lise back into a normal person makes me laugh. What she did for her brother, but only to find out that he is already set on being on the other side. Too have that to a already unstable person would just feel a complete loss.
IheartCCMar 14, 2016 12:04 AM
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 13, 2016 11:51 PM
Sep 2010
IheartC2 said:
that was really emotional for me. People arguing how easy it makes to change a victim like Lise back into a normal person makes me laugh. What she did for her brother, but only to find out that he is already set on being on the other side. Too have that to a already unstable person would just feel a complete lost.

Its a complete lost cause - what are they suppose to do with her? Sweet talk her into joining them?

Theo believes in an idea that conflicts with Lise and hes not willing to get his love for her as a brother come in between it. He already saw how lise was able to kill Pham just like that, he already knows the stuff she did, she was in a point where there was simply no turning back.
Mar 13, 2016 11:59 PM

Jun 2015
Dark...
I don't know why...
But i can't fully hate her.
She obviously deserves it, but i feel bad about what she went through.
Am i supposed to be happy , sad, disgusted or angry?!

Mar 14, 2016 12:02 AM

Nov 2011
steph96 said:
Dark...
I don't know why...

How about being sorry for her?
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 14, 2016 12:12 AM

Jun 2015
IheartC2 said:
steph96 said:
Dark...
I don't know why...

How about being sorry for her?

I do feel sorry for her...but Pham tho...
I really can't say that i don't resent her for that...
(I'm extremely confused atm)
Mar 14, 2016 12:18 AM

Dec 2013
That episode was extremely poignant. Even now after watching it an hour ago I feel very somber.

Without getting into a debate over whether Lise deserved her fate or not, I just want to say that it's difficult not to feel sorry for her regardless. She may have been messed up in the head, but it wasn't her own actions that led to that. Being born into a fascist totalitarian state where the concept of "trust" was pretty much non-existent wasn't her choice. Nor was being persecuted for being born into a family on the wrong side of the state either. All the inhumane things that she experienced subsequently weren't of her volition, and yet it broke her down, rebuilt and molded her back into what she ended up becoming.

Some of you may say "I'd rather die than do this, or do that", but have you actually ever been placed in a situation where you were required to actually make such a choice? For most of us, I highly doubt it.

To blame her for her mindset and for what she subsequently became is akin to blaming a person who had been forced to take drugs for the very first time with a gun pointed at their head, and subsequently became an addict. Sure you can blame her for the choices that she made after she became this addict, but if you have never experienced just how powerful an effect a drug addiction has on a persons mind and body, then saying something like "you had a choice" or "you didn't HAVE to do it", is merely hypocritical rambling of someone who sees themselves on a higher moral ground without having ever experienced being forced to stoop down to what they perceive to be as "immoral" levels.

She may have had too many screws loose in her head to be redeemed in the end, but she was a victim of circumstances at the end of the day.

By the same situation I believe that Theodore makes for a failure of a protagonist. He escaped from the Stasi with his life because his sister sacrificed herself, and yet he never thought to search for her whereabouts or to think of rescuing her from her captors even after all these years. Even when he found out that she was still alive, I never saw him actually that joyful in the knowledge that she had survived the purge which destroyed their family. And in the end he went so far as to sleep with her in order to try and bring her under his control. I couldn't empathize with his tears this episode, and in the end the feeling I got when he shot his sister dead was simply "this is a mess that you made, so it's right that you be the one to clean it up". This dude gets no sympathy from me. He messed up with almost everything he's done since the first episode (like calling Irisdina a Stasi dog), and to me it's been more of the same ever since.

To me, Steinhoff had the best quote of the series:
Good Protagonists learn to wipe their own ass. Theodore who's needed help in getting his ass wiped every step of the way thus far makes for a poor protagonist.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 14, 2016 12:28 AM
Sep 2008
kills best girl

theodore confirmed gay
Mar 14, 2016 12:37 AM

Jul 2013
Quote of the episode: "It's a nice ass"
Yes, I totally agree with the guy. Steinhoff does have a nice ass.

+1
SandyBoiMar 14, 2016 12:40 AM
Mar 14, 2016 1:32 AM
Sep 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
That episode was extremely poignant. Even now after watching it an hour ago I feel very somber.

Without getting into a debate over whether Lise deserved her fate or not, I just want to say that it's difficult not to feel sorry for her regardless. She may have been messed up in the head, but it wasn't her own actions that led to that. Being born into a fascist totalitarian state where the concept of "trust" was pretty much non-existent wasn't her choice. Nor was being persecuted for being born into a family on the wrong side of the state either. All the inhumane things that she experienced subsequently weren't of her volition, and yet it broke her down, rebuilt and molded her back into what she ended up becoming.

Some of you may say "I'd rather die than do this, or do that", but have you actually ever been placed in a situation where you were required to actually make such a choice? For most of us, I highly doubt it.

To blame her for her mindset and for what she subsequently became is akin to blaming a person who had been forced to take drugs for the very first time with a gun pointed at their head, and subsequently became an addict. Sure you can blame her for the choices that she made after she became this addict, but if you have never experienced just how powerful an effect a drug addiction has on a persons mind and body, then saying something like "you had a choice" or "you didn't HAVE to do it", is merely hypocritical rambling of someone who sees themselves on a higher moral ground without having ever experienced being forced to stoop down to what they perceive to be as "immoral" levels.

She may have had too many screws loose in her head to be redeemed in the end, but she was a victim of circumstances at the end of the day.

By the same situation I believe that Theodore makes for a failure of a protagonist. He escaped from the Stasi with his life because his sister sacrificed herself, and yet he never thought to search for her whereabouts or to think of rescuing her from her captors even after all these years. Even when he found out that she was still alive, I never saw him actually that joyful in the knowledge that she had survived the purge which destroyed their family. And in the end he went so far as to sleep with her in order to try and bring her under his control. I couldn't empathize with his tears this episode, and in the end the feeling I got when he shot his sister dead was simply "this is a mess that you made, so it's right that you be the one to clean it up". This dude gets no sympathy from me. He messed up with almost everything he's done since the first episode (like calling Irisdina a Stasi dog), and to me it's been more of the same ever since.

To me, Steinhoff had the best quote of the series:
Good Protagonists learn to wipe their own ass. Theodore who's needed help in getting his ass wiped every step of the way thus far makes for a poor protagonist.

You are forgetting that in a totalitarian government you simply can't just look for people. Having lived in a government like that, at his age he should understand that you cannot just find people. We don't know what happened pre the year the anime starts from. For all we know, he tried his best looking for her but gave up. Perhaps even people told him to just give up and he accepted that. They don't hate the Stasis for nothing and they very well known what they capable of doing and brainwashing people is not foreign to them. You are right, one cannot understand the actions someone makes with out understanding the circumstances that lead to it, unless you firsthand experience them. But then again, how was Theo suppose to help her when he didn't know what happened to her? Its not like he knew all along all the brainwashing done to her that made her do what she did.

We take your drug addiction problem, that would be true if you knew from the beginning there was a gun pointing at them that made them take drug: or if you even knew they had a drug addiction problem in the first place.

Theo didn't know any of this, so he tried his best. "People are suspecting you of being a stasis spy but I know deep down you are not. I know you are my sister whom I have been missing since we separated. I will defend you when people say you are a stasis dog, because you are not" don't you think he felt betrayed when it turned out she was a stasis spy/dog afterall? And it costed someone very special to him their life?

You assumed too much of Theo, that he knew Lisa told Axman everything about the defection plan in order to keep Theo safe. You assume that he knew how badly she was mistreated and found hope is Beatrix because she promised her she would met him. It was only after their first battle that he became aware of this and then right away he sees Pham get killed so cold hearted. I don't think Lise even bothered to see who it was. You think Theo cared what Lise went through at that moment? Surprisingly he did because he didn't kill her. So no, Theo is not a bad protagonist. Now fully aware of this, filled with anger, what exactly was he suppose to do the moment he fought her again?

We can take what you said about having high morals and not being on their shoes, but tell me honestly. If someone who you care about, told you everything they've been through, how much they been abused, and endured this just for the sake of meeting you again and knowing you are safe, killed someone else you loved, in front of you, with out a second thought, no remorse at all. You are telling me you would forgive them right then and there? Or even the next day? or the next week? At this point, you don't care anymore, you no longer CAN understand what they been through, they are now dehumanized, you can still feel emotions towards them but these are old emotions caused by nostalgia. If you saw your crush today, you wouldn't have a crush on her, you would remember that crush you had on them and think back of those days.
Mar 14, 2016 2:26 AM
Aug 2015
Theo, finally you're getting your priorities straight. Good job!

Lise is dead.
Pham is avenged.

Now, go down the Annet route! Trigger the flags! Trigger the flags Theo! DO IT.

I absolutely cannot feel bad for Lise. At all. She's fucked up most everything in the past 3 episodes. The best part of the episode was seeing the impact shield slam straight into the cockpit. Oh, and the nice TSF combat.
Mar 14, 2016 4:13 AM
Apr 2015
Bitch is finally death and no tears were shed. Good job Theo, you did something usefull for a change clap cap.

Don't care about her backstory, she is a bitch period.
I really hate it when they use insanity freudian shockfactor as a excuse for a character ( Gasai yuno anyone?). But then again what did you expect from the product from another 0-1 dimensional villian in this show ;) Keep it classy Schwarzenmarken.
Mar 14, 2016 4:47 AM

Jan 2016
jomarggg said:
Theo why cant you save her she needed much saving and a happy ending too. God this is giving me a headache first she got raped by the stasi and after that they threaten her that they will show pictures of her rape to her big brother and kill her big brother if she dont join them. To save Theo she joined the stasi and and forced to do all nasty shit. She went through hell and darkness but survived knowing that there is light at the end of the dark tunnel she went through which her dream of being with Theodore living somewhere being a happy family but that light faded away when she saw that theo didnt love her back the way she did. In her head it must have went "Why dosent brother love me back i endure all of does god forsaken years to make sure hes safe is everything that i have done all for nothing i cared about him so much that i did all of those things. And now that were together all he cares about is Irisdina im suppose to have a happy ending with him not her were suppose to be a happy family not with her why?" her dream is to be happy with Theo but now in that dream all she can see is Theo and Iris and that took a toll on her and thats when she snaps. 3 years of her life gone to waste doing all kinds of evil she didnt want and she was just a kid.To make sure Theo is alive the person she cares about more than anything in this world but Theo dosent care that much about her all he cares about is this stupid revolution and that girl Irisdina.

Sorry for the long and terrible english post that i have made but i just cant stay mad about her she was tortured to like Pham. Her death gave me too much FEEL'S i just have to somehow vent my frustration

Feel the same way about lise. Seems like this could have been handled differently from the start but that's the way anime goes. There are some very tragic pasts that shape characters, some get save and some don't. That's the way it goes. If they were all happy endings people would stop worrying about the situations and the story wouldn't have a good deal of impact with the viewer if you new everyone would be safe.
Mar 14, 2016 6:03 AM

Jan 2008
Everyone talks about DAT ASS AND LISE's DEATH, how about Irisdina situation?

What she gonna do next?
Mar 14, 2016 6:17 AM

Jan 2014
ixarising said:
On her explanation of things she felt quite disgusted at what she had done (including murdering people and stuff). Be it because of Axmann or because of Beatrix, she was nothing more but a tool and Beatrix wouldn't save her for free, she wanted another soldier under her she could use and she got it.
Mar 14, 2016 8:01 AM

Jan 2008
Just one step closer to his final form.

Mar 14, 2016 8:48 AM
Jan 2014
SimonLaDigger said:
DarkSlayer182 said:

Sadly, the most realisctic option at that time is the former as we don't konw how much time it'd take to cure her and at what cost.. :(

The best way to cure someone is really by showing them affection, trust, and the change that you want in them. The best way to have cured her was them interacting with her, Theo defending her, being there for her, comrades giving her their trust. Which they did and look what happened. What else were they suppose to do exactly? therapy with 2 wars going at? They have the stasis and betas to fight, you think they have doctors available?

I think this scene was very important in showing how they were just pulling her strings

To be honest, it doesn't even feel like she really did love him. No what happened was the Stasis brainwashed her into becoming infatuated with him telling her it was up to her saved him by getting him to join. They drilled this into her very very deep. They manipulated her to become like this, they used what she at some point genuinely felt, and used it to control her. She was just a tool for them. I can see that maybe she didn't like the Stasis either and was only with them for protection because it was the obvious choice to make, and did what they asked of her because in her mind she believe doing that would get her closer to Theo but in her mind did she ever once think, what would happened to Theo had he joined?

Another way to have cured her would have been for Theo to be captured by Stasis, watch him be tortured and be shown first hand why the Statis was the real enemy. I think that would have snapped her into making the Stasis into her number one enemy. Perhaps them maybe she would have contacted the rebels, let them hes being capture and she will help them save them.

I don't know if you read my post but I wrote that the most realistic option to take at that time is indeed saving Lise by killing her.

Honestly, you really expect a trained brainwashed soldier who only have Stasi and her brother on her mind will find cure from the ones (666th) she is sent to spy and sees as enemy? I don't even think she actually cared that the 666th suspect her as a spy from the beginning (except if it's risking her mission and her bro). You can see that she doesn't even hesitate killing Pham, the one that in my opinion cared about Lise the most (even more that Theo). Actually I'm kinda mad at Theo, he could tried better in saving her.

Is that impossible to save Lise and get her back to her sense? I don't think so. For starters, the 666th should have captured her when they had the chance (after Theo and Lise duel) and put her somewhere safe and secure prison from the enemy. Then do proper theraphy using hipnotyze and such. While at the same time the 666th and the NPA should somehow win the war and wipe Stasi out. By doing that at least Lise has no reason to fight for her "employer". Hopefully in time she will regain her common sense. Still, that's not a fast and easy way and there is no guarantee that there won't be any other casualties in the process.

I don't think any girl her age is strong enough to receive that amount of torture from the Stasi and can still retain their common sense. Basically the fear, pain, and feeling of hopeless is too strong that she lose herself and turned obidient to the Stasi (or Beatrix to be precise as I read that she played the role of sister to Lise). I think she'll need at least three years of theraphy to get her common sense fully back, which not a good option considering how doomed the current world condition is.
Mar 14, 2016 10:01 AM

Oct 2013
planetwarrior said:

What she gonna do next?

Dunno, but she'd better make it out of this alive, else Theo's prolly gonna loose it. The guy & everyone else from 666 need a break already.

Also, we shouldn't loose the 2 best girls. At least one blonde should make it out of this alive.
Mar 14, 2016 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Well, I personally feel really sad since Lise died. Yeah, she might have been insane, and she might have acted like that in the last episodes, but you can't just not feel sorry for her while knowing what happened to her on the hands of the STASI. I would have really liked for her to be saved in a different way, even if it would have been really difficult... but yeah, her death was probably unavoidable.

Rest in peace, Lise.
Mar 14, 2016 11:44 AM
Sep 2010
DarkSlayer182 said:
SimonLaDigger said:

I don't know if you read my post but I wrote that the most realistic option to take at that time is indeed saving Lise by killing her.

Honestly, you really expect a trained brainwashed soldier who only have Stasi and her brother on her mind will find cure from the ones (666th) she is sent to spy and sees as enemy? I don't even think she actually cared that the 666th suspect her as a spy from the beginning (except if it's risking her mission and her bro). You can see that she doesn't even hesitate killing Pham, the one that in my opinion cared about Lise the most (even more that Theo). Actually I'm kinda mad at Theo, he could tried better in saving her.

Is that impossible to save Lise and get her back to her sense? I don't think so. For starters, the 666th should have captured her when they had the chance (after Theo and Lise duel) and put her somewhere safe and secure prison from the enemy. Then do proper theraphy using hipnotyze and such. While at the same time the 666th and the NPA should somehow win the war and wipe Stasi out. By doing that at least Lise has no reason to fight for her "employer". Hopefully in time she will regain her common sense. Still, that's not a fast and easy way and there is no guarantee that there won't be any other casualties in the process.

I don't think any girl her age is strong enough to receive that amount of torture from the Stasi and can still retain their common sense. Basically the fear, pain, and feeling of hopeless is too strong that she lose herself and turned obidient to the Stasi (or Beatrix to be precise as I read that she played the role of sister to Lise). I think she'll need at least three years of theraphy to get her common sense fully back, which not a good option considering how doomed the current world condition is.

I am not saying she could have been cured, I am saying due to the circumstances of what was going on, she was beyond hope
Mar 14, 2016 1:04 PM
Nov 2015
Wonder how it would go on if the shot we heared was Theo killing himself to "cure" her from her brother fanatism....

Oh and to the "go to city fight" doesnt fit the rebellions previous actions.....
kinda low amount of people trying to escape/seen dying for a not atleast partly evacuated city block
and Theo said himself that he would go for killing enemies even if it risks further allys.
Mar 14, 2016 2:13 PM
Sep 2010
Azure-Ghost said:
he would go for killing enemies even if it risks further allys.

He follows the blond chick ideals

"she is the type of person who would kill a few thousand humans to save millions"
Mar 14, 2016 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
Irisdina's eyes certainly show no signs of resignation. A thrilling, action-packed episode and some highly welcome Stasi bashing. I wonder, whether our beloved red-haired antagonist Axmann will remain loyal to the rebellion till the end...

Lise's end was depicted in a mesmerising manner, she must have found the salvation she was seeking, despite being separated from her brother. I still cannot forgive her deeds, however.

Mar 14, 2016 4:32 PM
Nov 2013
Well. Lise has finally been freed.
She became a terrible thing that was devoid of humanity.
No hate, just pity. I'm glad no one else got taken out due to indecisiveness.

I hope Irisdina makes it out of this in one piece.
Mar 14, 2016 5:06 PM
Mar 2016
DarkSlayer182 said:
SimonLaDigger said:

The most painful torture Lise must have received was not from the stasi but seeing her brother go Irisdina this and Irisdina that and not even worry about her
Mar 14, 2016 6:31 PM

Nov 2013
Er, so, how loose is this adaptation? I don't really see them covering 7 volumes in 12 episodes... but....
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Mar 14, 2016 7:41 PM

Aug 2014
This was so heart-wrenching. Did Lise really have to die? So lets go over this:

- Separated from her brother and captured by basically Nazis
- Tortured in multiple ways over the years
- Threatened that her brother would be killed
- As a consequence her psyche broke, to a point where she disregards everything and everyone that stands in her way and is incapable of grasping why her actions are wrong. You could even say she was not entirely conscious.
- The one person she cared about rejected her and became her enemy
- Ended up being killed by him

Like, what the fuck? Why did so much bad stuff happen to her, and why does everyone here hate her, other than the obvious: "hurr, yanderes suck". I can hardly imagine what it would be like to put a bullet through a loved one who doesn't even understand why her only wish of being with me is so bad. And those last words with the tormented smile... even before her death all she cares about is Theo, and he still killed her? Christ.

This episode left a major sour taste in my mouth. Honestly, I don't even remember the last time an anime made me this upset over a death. Though I definitely would've preferred for Lise to live, I don't blame the outcome being the way it is.

5/5

jomarggg said:
Theo why cant you save her she needed much saving and a happy ending too. God this is giving me a headache first she got raped by the stasi and after that they threaten her that they will show pictures of her rape to her big brother and kill her big brother if she dont join them. To save Theo she joined the stasi and and forced to do all nasty shit. She went through hell and darkness but survived knowing that there is light at the end of the dark tunnel she went through which her dream of being with Theodore living somewhere being a happy family but that light faded away when she saw that theo didnt love her back the way she did. In her head it must have went "Why dosent brother love me back i endure all of does god forsaken years to make sure hes safe is everything that i have done all for nothing i cared about him so much that i did all of those things. And now that were together all he cares about is Irisdina im suppose to have a happy ending with him not her were suppose to be a happy family not with her why?" her dream is to be happy with Theo but now in that dream all she can see is Theo and Iris and that took a toll on her and thats when she snaps. 3 years of her life gone to waste doing all kinds of evil she didnt want and she was just a kid.To make sure Theo is alive the person she cares about more than anything in this world but Theo dosent care that much about her all he cares about is this stupid revolution and that girl Irisdina.

Sorry for the long and terrible english post that i have made but i just cant stay mad about her she was tortured to like Pham. Her death gave me too much FEEL'S i just have to somehow vent my frustration

Exactly this. She deserved a happy ending, or at least something positive to have happened to her. It really irks me how she lived and died like a pathetic dog.

Damn did that ending shake me.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 14, 2016 8:14 PM
Jun 2015
Finally. Lise died. I wonder how it will go the next two episodes.

Lise just had to join Theodor in the rebellion rather than being against him. If she truly loved Theodor, she would have done it. She was more like obsessed with him from what has been shown.
Mar 14, 2016 8:17 PM
Feb 2015
To those who think that Lise's death is sad. Do you think that Lise continue living won't be sad or suffering for her at all?

If she survives and eventually recovers from her issues while aligned with the Stasi, do you actually think she can live a normal live again?

She'll have to continue living being haunted by her dark past of being raped, killing innocent people, selling her body and so on. In a sense letting her live is forcing her to to live and getting burdened by her past actions. That is actually much more cruel than handing her a coup de grace cause that's like forcing Lise to live to suffer, not live for peace.
Mar 14, 2016 8:30 PM
Jun 2015
ixarising said:
To those who think that Lise's death is sad. Do you think that Lise continue living won't be sad or suffering for her at all?

If she survives and eventually recovers from her issues while aligned with the Stasi, do you actually think she can live a normal live again?

She'll have to continue living being haunted by her dark past of being raped, killing innocent people, selling her body and so on. In a sense letting her live is forcing her to to live and getting burdened by her past actions. That is actually much more cruel than handing her a coup de grace cause that's like forcing Lise to live to suffer, not live for peace.

I am gonna have to agree with this. And even if she were to return back to normal somehow, would the people around her even accept her into part of a community? The 666th TSF squadron already seem to hold a grudge on Lise and the other people might know her as a broken Stasi dog or something.
Mar 14, 2016 8:55 PM
Sep 2010
ixarising said:

She was already far too brainwashed for any help at all, what if Theo had saved her, then he would have made an enemy out of everyone, where would he put her? I am pretty sure hadnt he taken the shot, someone else would have pushed him and done it. By now the Stasis are the reincarnation of evil, people whom you have dehumanized and will kill at sight with out a second thought. You already trusted Lise once, ans she broke that, what if Theo conceived everyone she was changed and everything. Whats to guarantee them she won't sneak out and kill everyone?

Also another thing people are forgetting about is that Lises went crazy where she thought saving him was actually killing him. She took her knife her, you all saw her face, she was crazy then enough to not see she was about to kill him. And I bet after having done that she would have killed herself too.
Mar 14, 2016 9:56 PM

Aug 2013
"No matter what happens, I'll wipe your ass for you."
"I can wipe my own ass."
"It's a nice ass."

WHAT.

& thank goodness Lise is done with, I hated her sm
Mar 14, 2016 10:09 PM

Nov 2010
When they said "Lise has nothing left", they mean it. She doesn't even have a future even if she survived this war (it's not like humanity would survive this war anyway).

RIP Lise, that was a great episode and final scene.

Now, I'm betting the decision to rebel at the moment where Stasi's main batallion is fighting BETA and doing it in the city will bite the rebels in the ass. I know they have no other choice left, but I think they won't going to get West's support this way.

Plus, now they are basically assisting Axmann in his own power struggle within Stasi, which probably is the most evil person in this story who caused this whole Lise tragedy from the first place. Future history analysts in this world won't miss this point.

Plus, don't forget about the fuckton of BETA right there outside waiting to lynch everything. Everyone who know their true ability won't forget that underestimating them NEVER ends well.

Afterall, playing MLA/watching Total Eclipse would give you a clear image about the ultimate ending for this story. That said, I'm going in for a ride.
zeroyuki92Mar 14, 2016 10:39 PM
Mar 14, 2016 10:39 PM
Sep 2010
I don't know bit I am liking this way more than Total Eclipse
Mar 14, 2016 11:05 PM

Nov 2010
SimonLaDigger said:
Total Eclipse was intended as a short sidestory that will stop at the first arc. That is why you can see it has a trashy arc like that Beach Arc after that.

Then it turned out to be a powerhouse for figma sales, so they expand the story. Sadly, the foundation is already terrible, which makes even the expanded story to crumble. Compared to it, Schwarzesmarken was intended as a serious side story from the very beginning.
Mar 14, 2016 11:26 PM
Sep 2010
zeroyuki92 said:
SimonLaDigger said:
Total Eclipse was intended as a short sidestory that will stop at the first arc. That is why you can see it has a trashy arc like that Beach Arc after that.

Then it turned out to be a powerhouse for figma sales, so they expand the story. Sadly, the foundation is already terrible, which makes even the expanded story to crumble. Compared to it, Schwarzesmarken was intended as a serious side story from the very beginning.

TE felt like it was way too much about the characters and not about the betas or idk I cant remember much about it.

Also anyonw know of the son at the end?
Mar 15, 2016 12:14 AM

May 2015
lol she died already

i hope lise was die at the end of the series and process theodor to kill lise taking some fuckin long way
Mar 15, 2016 5:33 AM
Mar 2015
grampower888 said:
planetwarrior said:

What she gonna do next?

You are blind?
This is Lise without hair ribbon and not Irisdina.

No, that's Iris. Lise's hair is kinda curly.
Mar 15, 2016 6:30 AM

May 2012
Sad to see Lise die. Cute girls don't ever deserve to die
Mar 15, 2016 10:31 AM
Feb 2015
grampower888 said:
amelindabtr said:

No, that's Iris. Lise's hair is kinda curly.

No... She is Lise.

That's Iris not Lise. If you try and look properly, you can even see there's a handcuff on her hands.
Mar 15, 2016 11:13 AM

Jan 2008
ixarising said:
grampower888 said:

No... She is Lise.

That's Iris not Lise. If you try and look properly, you can even see there's a handcuff on her hands.

Most ppl here are correct.

Mar 15, 2016 12:12 PM
Feb 2014
Damn right that's a beautiful ass! spot on sentence. I need more of Steinhoff.
I wanted to see the head of the Behemoth leader explode but well they've covered it with flames or stuff :/

Also why is everyone chasing Axmann now? All I remember is that he initiated an attack on the embassy or HQ or something and episodes later they chase him?

planetwarrior said:

Hmm?
Mar 15, 2016 12:18 PM

Jan 2008
projectfear22 said:
Damn right that's a beautiful ass! spot on sentence. I need more of Steinhoff.
I wanted to see the head of the Behemoth leader explode but well they've covered it with flames or stuff :/

Also why is everyone chasing Axmann now? All I remember is that he initiated an attack on the embassy or HQ or something and episodes later they chase him?

planetwarrior said:

Hmm?

You'll see soon enough.
Mar 15, 2016 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
Take a look at this.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Will season 2nd be available in later?

SametTakao - Jul 30, 2023

3 by volgenauts »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.