Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2010 5:17 PM

Oct 2009
stAtic91 said:
francismeunier said:
Goo4 said:
Plus, we've already had pentsu shot in this episode, which makes me worry.
You forgot the almost naked shot too. I put it up if you wondering in a earlier post.
If you ask me, that didn't even feel like fanservice at all. I didn't even think any of it. It's different from all the anime where there's random upskirts etc. It felt more casual, since she just took a bath. I don't feel like this anime will have any ecchi or a lot of fanservice.
I agree with you on that one but it was a bath naked part....it was not explicit but it remains to be seen in the DVD version....hopefully not. The underwear part looked different in the perspective....not saying forced but saying more that it was there where it could have been skipped with something else.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 5, 2010 5:18 PM

Aug 2009
We can judge on the first episode, simply because it is totally waste if we are not going to like it. It's not more than just taking a decision in logical circumstance.

rocketduck said:
Everyone who rated this already sucks. If it was just a one episode OVA, then you can do that, but there are a whole bunch more episodes to come! How can you judge it so early? It's like getting up during the opening credits of a movie, and exclaiming your complaints to the audience.

There is no point if anime is boring. Your metaphor is flawed, since watching a film and series anime is totally different. You can't just watch all 10 series of anime at one time. That's why 'first impression' is important.

rocketduck said:

Also, if you guys can't understand what's going in this, you need to try harder. Most good stories don't shovel the information into your head for you like One Piece does, but that's actually good.

There was no story yet, since it's just the first episode. We don't know anything yet.

rocketduck said:

Yuuichirou said:
First anime that I wish to drop on 1st episode. I give it a chance in 2nd episode. If it will be boring shit like this one... well +1 to dropped titles.

You sat through all of Kampfer, but you can't watch this? I don't even know what to say to that.

It's opinion. Blah.

rocketduck said:

peroxid said:
dropped at 12 min... i mean this couldn't be anymore cliche that it is. just a waste of time imo

Care to explain what's cliche about it, or what other anime is like this? You're not allowed to say K-ON, because just about everything except the drawing is different, especially the setting. It's fine if you don't like it, but if you're going to say stuff like that, you have to back it up.

Everything except drawing? Well I say no to this. Setting is 'similar', having musical circumstance. Not just drawing, but 'CHARACTER DESIGN ITSELF' is similar. Look at Mio and Rio

rocketduck said:

Seriously guys, don't be so hasty with this. The only animes that are bad enough for you to be critical so quickly are Kampfer and Eiken...and feel free to extend that list.

It's an opinion. Blah.
Jan 5, 2010 5:21 PM
Nov 2008
rocketduck said:
Everyone who rated this already sucks. If it was just a one episode OVA, then you can do that, but there are a whole bunch more episodes to come! How can you judge it so early? It's like getting up during the opening credits of a movie, and exclaiming your complaints to the audience.

I don't know what's wrong with rating it early... it's not like my ratings are set in stone, i change them as the show progresses and it describes how i feel about the series at the moment...

I agree with everything else you said though. Slow paced =/= boring in my book. And there was zero fanservice in this episode. Yeah you could see a girl taking a bath and running around in underwear after that, but that felt completely natural (for me at least). I hardly noticed it.

P.S. Kampfer was totally boring for me... (I'll try it again later if i need something mindless though). Different ppl different opinions, there's nothing wrong with this UNTIL YOU START STATING YOUR OPINION AS A UNIVERSAL FACT (so don't).
MalestelJan 5, 2010 5:26 PM
Jan 5, 2010 5:34 PM

Dec 2008
porkypink said:
Wasabi said:
Moeblob main character... check
Cool masculine character... check
Twin tailed tsundere character... check
Milf character.... check
Silent moe character... check
No sign of a plot... check
Amazing backdrops... check
Above average soundtrack... check
Big fat budget... check

It sure sounds like an anime for 2010. Unfortunate that it's all about moe. It has such an amazing budget with its amazing backdrop scenery and potential to be a great anime... but it'll always be about the moe. Always. Always. But whatever, I'll bite. I'll keep watching it. Needs more plot though.

If it delves into more than just ridiculous moe girls trying to play trumpets, I'll be quite surprised.
-Hei- said:
I hate moeshit, this looks a lot like fucking K-On!, I don't know if I should continue watching.

Yea, I liked the background scenery is what I meant about artwork.. The setting is good to me since it seems like a war-time period. The characters were very moe.. maybe more moe than K-ON since they, especially the main, looks like a 7th-8th grader..

This Anime could be cool so i'll continue watching this... but yeah the characters remind me about K-ON... xD
Jan 5, 2010 5:41 PM
Dec 2009
Goo4 said:
There is no point if anime is boring. Your metaphor is flawed, since watching a film and series anime is totally different. You can't just watch all 10 series of anime at one time. That's why 'first impression' is important.

k first of all, it's called a simile, not a metaphor. Second, would I need to relate them if they were exactly the same thing (ie. watching a movie is like watching a movie! omg)? No, so your argument is flawed, not only by virtue of bad logic but because you didn't back it up. You can't just make a blank statement and expect it to pass.

Goo4 said:
There was no story yet, since it's just the first episode. We don't know anything yet.

There's a fine difference between not knowing what the story is and not knowing what's happening from scene to scene, which is what people are complaining about.

Goo4 said:
It's opinion. Blah.

Yes, it is. You (you in the universal sense here, not you personally) can't share your opinion and not expect it to be challenged. Saying "this is crap" is going to be refuted by other people who disagree. If not, then what's the point in sharing it in the first place...to have people agree with you?

Goo4 said:

Everything except drawing? Well I say no to this. Setting is 'similar', having musical circumstance. Not just drawing, but 'CHARACTER DESIGN ITSELF' is similar. Look at Mio and Rio

Musical circumstances don't pertain to the setting, man. That's the concept; what's going on in the anime. Anyway, saying [they both have musical circumstances] is an extremely vague argument, and by that logic, you're saying that this anime has a similar setting to Nodame Cantabile, Detroit Metal City, Beck, etc. Also, character design is similar, yes. That's great, two similarities. By that logic, Neon Genesis Evangelion is like Gundam Seed, because there are giant robots AND angsty teen main characters. You see? It doesn't work, because those two are fundamentally very different in what they deal with (ie. 16-year-olds killing eachother with flashy animation, bright pink explosions in order to convey war vs. 14-year-olds killing aliens, with dark animation and blood, as well as demonstrating deep psychological trauma and the pursuit of happiness through a nightmarish reality).

Goo4 said:

It's an opinion. Blah.

Same argument gets same response:

rocketduck said:
Yes, it is. You can't share your opinion and not expect it to be challenged. Saying "this is crap" is going to be refuted by other people who disagree. If not, then what's the point in sharing it in the first place...to have people agree with you?
rocketduckJan 5, 2010 5:50 PM
Jan 5, 2010 5:58 PM

Aug 2009
rocketduck said:
Goo4 said:

k first of all, it's called a simile, not a metaphor. Second, would I need to relate them if they were exactly the same thing (ie. watching a movie is like watching a movie! omg)? No, so your argument is flawed, not only by virtue of bad logic but because you didn't back it up. You can't just make a blank statement and expect it to pass.

Meh, what I was saying was that they are just different. Nuff says.

rocketduck said:

Goo4 said:
It's opinion. Blah.

Yes, it is. You (you in the universal sense here, not you personally) can't share your opinion and not expect it to be challenged. Saying "this is crap" is going to be refuted by other people who disagree. If not, then what's the point in sharing it in the first place...to have people agree with you?

When I said, 'it's opinion blah', that meant that there is nothing I can refute about you having opinion, simply because it's yours and its different to everyone. It was not like I was disagreeing with you or whatsoever.

rocketduck said:

Goo4 said:

Musical circumstances don't pertain to the setting, man. That's the concept; what's going on in the anime. Anyway, saying [they both have musical circumstances] is an extremely vague argument, and by that logic, you're saying that this anime has a similar setting to Nodame Cantabile, Detroit Metal City, Beck, etc. Also, character design is similar, yes. That's great, two similarities. By that logic, Neon Genesis Evangelion is like Gundam Seed, because there are giant robots AND angsty teen main characters. You see? It doesn't work, because those two are fundamentally very different in what they deal with (ie. 16-year-olds killing eachother with flashy animation, bright pink explosions in order to convey war vs. 14-year-olds killing aliens, with dark animation and blood, as well as demonstrating deep psychological trauma and the pursuit of happiness through a nightmarish reality).

Whether my argument was vague or not, I was just 'stating', there IS similarities.

It's all because, I didn't took it seriously. I was only focusing on, 'dropping anime at first episode is totally acceptable'.

We don't know anything yet. So, we can't really say 'K-On and this anime is SAME!' or 'COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!'. But at least we can say it is 'similar'.

*Why so serious? :/
Jan 5, 2010 6:03 PM

Dec 2007
Mmm. Not sure what to expect from this. It just seems like they took a bunch of anime and merged them altogether using a K-On frame. I liked Yui from K-On but as for Kanata... not so much. Doesn't fit in well with the location.

I'll read all the other posts later...
Jan 5, 2010 6:38 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Let me ask you this: Do you think that this K-ON anime and its sales figures reflect all these moeblobs elements due to public demand?

Because of this continued "demand", more and more anime become nothing but moefests, and before you know it, every single anime is filled with moe. The same moe. Same shit. Same generic characters. Nothing new. With this same "demand" and the way things are going, we'll be seeing K-ON version 10 in a few years.
Ok I see, well then something must be done to change the demand but that I do not know at all. Guess the key word is what sells must be made more then the extra spent on something that might sell and if it does not then money is still around to make other things that will sell again.

Jan 5, 2010 6:53 PM

Nov 2007
Impressional first episode. The ED was pretty good.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 5, 2010 7:05 PM

Dec 2009
I can't say whether So.Ra.No.Wo.To will be good or bad, so I sit on the fence. Personally, I don't really detest moeblob, just the kind which sells on pure-moe and no storyline whatsoever. I hope this anime has a decent storyline.

But several things don't add up, well to me anyway. Japanese soldiers in what looks like the uniform of the German Army from WWII , stationed in Spain with french music. Did I mention the shops place their objects priced by yen? (the glass dolphin in the window.)

And the random skeleton of what seems to be the headless demon in the lake. Okay, right. Everything makes perfect sense now - it's Pangaea! Yes! Japan, France and Spain are linked with Germany! And this city is the central meeting point! Yes! It makes sense now. And the demon is actually a pterodactyl fossil! Great! Yes. Ahem.

But other than some erratic problems, the storyline seems innocuous enough , hopefully I can watch the entire series without dropping it half way. Hopefully it doesn't just become another piece of pure moeblob.
Jan 5, 2010 7:13 PM

Jul 2009
I randomely came across this anime while searching for another anime
as for first immpresions its a moe/comedy/military/music anime with K-ON style art
the comedy in it seems to be decent
as for the plot, even if it never develops one I really dont care as comedy doesnt require much of a plot to begin with
I like the moe art, military theme, and the soundtrack was good
overall I dont think this anime was over the top but it seemed to be decent.
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Jan 5, 2010 7:13 PM

Dec 2009
Maximilious said:
I didnt skip any of it... and I was not pleased. There are only girls (ugh) where's the main guy?

The music sucks.

The story sucks.

I didnt get anything.

EDIT:

I bet its gonna turn into some sort of girl on girl thing... it always does.

I can guess your playlist. Maximum the Hormone, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Satsugai by DMC, Dope, I Set My Friends on Fire.

Seriously,the music is okay, and just because no male characters have appeared yet doesn't mean it's harem.

Maximilious said:
I didnt skip any of it... and I was not pleased. There are only girls (ugh) where's the main guy?

I can guess what you watch. Surprise, surpise! You watch Bleach and Naruto, Hitman-Reborn amongst others. And if you could stomach Kampfer, you probably can watch this. It doesn't matter what gender the characters are, it matters what the storyline is. Mind you, plenty of anime have crappy 1st episodes.

Argh, what the heck who am I to lecture you. Make up your own mind.
Jan 5, 2010 7:14 PM

Oct 2009
I just noticed that the town Seize is the number 16 in French....wonder why.

Jan 5, 2010 7:29 PM

Jul 2007
Can someone explain me what do you find similar with K-ON besides the main girl, the music theme and the art? Its has K-ON vibes but hell it had no feeling at all. First ep of K-ON i was like "lol lol lol" etc. This one wasnt really funny (actually i didnt laughed at all). More like i was curious to see what coming next etc.

Anyways the first ep gave me the impression that this will be more serious than K-ON. Obviously i can be wrong and the next ep could be an all-out "girls doing girly funny shit all the time" style like K-ON. But still at the moment i think its unfair to call them similar.
Jan 5, 2010 7:29 PM
Dec 2008
Hated Kobayashi Yuu's performance this time, but Kitamura Eri nailed it.

Otherwise, it was kinda boring, doesn't have anything new or original, but I'll give it some episodes to see how it goes. I think if they develop the story and the setting, it could be really good even if I don't really like the K-ON! art (but the backgrounds and the actual animation were pretty good).

Rating: ??/5
Jan 5, 2010 7:38 PM

Sep 2008
well i dont really get why does she needs to be a soldier just to learn how to play the trumpet, but who cares K-ON animation ´+ a lot of budget= a lot of moe for us
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 5, 2010 7:51 PM

May 2008
I feel like the opening and ending should have been reversed...I really like the ending.

Now, as to what most people say...I don't considering this moe at all. As I've stated about K-On, I'm not a moe fan. I'm not saying all, but a vast majority of moe seems to be plotless. Sure, this has instruments, sure the art is a rip off of K-On where the face, expressions, eyes and hair styles are completely identical. But does that make both animes automatically the same?

No.

This seems to be more serious, and a lot less advanced than K-On. As far as I'm concerned, this is nothing like K-On.

I'm not one for rating animes until I reach about episode 4-5, (unless the first or second episode were just extravagant enough to let me rate them that quickly) and I'm not saying I'll rate this one until I see a few more episodes, but I'll give it a chance. I'm not saying it's bad, but I'm not saying it's going to be something fabulous either. We'll have to wait it out and see how it goes.

Also unlike K-On, THIS anime seems to actually have a story and history, making the plot sort of solid. It's not just about the music, it's about the time they're living in.

Jan 5, 2010 8:34 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
I just noticed that the town Seize is the number 16 in French....wonder why.

And I thought you read my post....*FACEPALM*

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 5, 2010 8:48 PM

Nov 2007
I love the OP, wish I could say the same about the ED. Yuki Kajiura delivers again. This first episode, unlike the (stupid) other show it keeps getting compared to, actually shows far more promise than that other (stupid) one ever did/will. Hell, this episode alone beat it in virtually every aspect perhaps save for the ED, which sucks. The backdrops were scenic, the music is beautiful and the character designs didn't seem as bad as I initially felt (though I still find it unfitting). Interesting mixed culture setting with war thrown in for good measure. I think I'l follow this to see which direction it goes. Hopefully not one where the girls sit around sipping tea and eating cakes while engaging in stupid chatter every episode. Good start.
KantarouJan 5, 2010 8:54 PM
Jan 5, 2010 8:53 PM

Apr 2008
first season i dropped ... kthnxbye
Jan 5, 2010 9:41 PM
Nov 2008
Lvhina said:

Maybe first series you dropped. Looking at the vast amount of mediocre anime in your list I don't really get why you had to pick on this one. And don't rate a show unless you watched at least half of it -.-'.

Or am I just being fooled by a troll :/ ?
Jan 5, 2010 9:48 PM
Nov 2009
Malestel said:
Lvhina said:

And don't rate a show unless you watched at least half of it -.-'.

Ya that's why you can't trust the ratings on MAL, there's alot of dumb people who do stupid shit like that.
Jan 5, 2010 9:49 PM

Mar 2009
Malestel said:
Or am I just being fooled by a troll :/ ?

Of course it's a troll, who the fuck would rate Bleach with a 10 after seeing shitloads of series?
Jan 5, 2010 10:06 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting show, i like the way it started out. I'll probably be liking this show more as it goes on.
Jan 5, 2010 10:19 PM
Jun 2009
it does feel a bit like k-on(character design), but it's definitely is not the same...this one seems more serious.
i'll keep wacthing it..loved the music :3
Jan 5, 2010 10:25 PM

Aug 2008
were people expecting action and explosions and killing from a moe series?

Cmon people, I guess I can understand if you had a blindfold on and randomly spun around and decided to watch the show but any art, previews, and discussions would point out that this is a moe moe show!

Jan 5, 2010 10:55 PM

Jul 2008
I don't think it is that much like K-ON at all. The main character's personality seems kind of like Yui's, and the blond girl looked a little like Tsumugi...but that's it.

I didn't really like it. I thought it was kind of boring. I will keep watching to see if it gets better though.
Jan 5, 2010 11:24 PM

Dec 2007
The first episode set a really bad standard.

It left nothing to look forward to and its gimmicks have been done and overused and seemed more like the anime was just following what's popular.

HOWEVER the art was really lovely, despite typical still frame rape and the characters seemed cute.
Jan 6, 2010 1:36 AM

Jan 2009
Well, I started it because I thought it'll be something like K-ON but with a serious plot. And come on, what can be more awesome than that if you're a K-ON fangirl, plus 2 season is on the way, so if Soranowoto is just a clone in an alternative universe, I'll be very sad :< But I'll still watch it :D I love cute things =D
And oh my god @ "That's what Felicia- The captain wants us to do." <- Pretty close with the captain, aren't we :3 Aww I totally spotted you two on that poster!! /another reason for starting it/
The OST and the art are great, Yuu-sama and KitaEri are here, don't know if there's anything else I could ask for D:
Let's see if the characters will be enjoyable for me as all the K-ON girls :D Because that was my favourite thing about K-ON, not the moe. Okay, 10% is moe. Fine, 20 %.
Jan 6, 2010 2:09 AM

Nov 2007
Kalafina <3
I really loved the OP.

The anime is also pretty good so far. I really like the atmosphere, which is, imo, more Haibane Renmai than K-On. Moe doesn't seem forced and fake either. Music is good, animation is great, seiyuu are great, characters are pretty cliche but maybe we'll get development. And Rio is win

Don't understand the hate at all.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jan 6, 2010 2:47 AM

Feb 2009
Loved it! (your vote)
It`s really good episode and good music.
Does anybody know this french(?) song on ~13 min?
Аккаунты: rutracker || fansubs || World-Art
Jan 6, 2010 3:55 AM

Jun 2009
Good start, anime will definetly be better than manga cause of music, OP is really good (shame we have to wait for this Kalafina's single to 20th January...)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 6, 2010 4:35 AM

Sep 2008
francismeunier said:
Jacut said:
cerberus20 said:
Would any of the french or someone else be able to identify that song in the middle of the show? i'm interested in it and the artist of it.

Surprisingly enough, the song not only is in French, but it's not in broken French and it's definitely sung by a native (although some French songs by Japanese artists may be cool, i.e the ending song "Tokyo et Paris" from Nodame Cantabile Paris-Hen). Appart from that, I believe the song was made for the anime, as I can't seem to remember having listened to any similar artist here.

On another note, Kanata's written assignment in the beginning WAS in broken French, I hardly understood what was written on it.

If you look earlier in the posts, I translated the French stuff BTW.

I'm not looking for a translation of the song, even though that is nice too.
I want to be able to find the artist and the song,so i can get the music standalone, without the anime, if that makes sense...
if you got the original words, without translation, you could throw me a message with it, then i might be able to do some fancy google work and find out more about it, and may be able to find the artist + song as either youtube video or mp3 or whatever.

Btw, here's something for those who like to compare it to K-on.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/01/05/sora-no-woto-total-k-onification/
(note: sankakucomplex also has 18+ material, so if youre not into that, dont lurk too much arround on other pages from the side)
Jan 6, 2010 5:11 AM

Nov 2008
Some nice art there. The main character at least seems to be K-ON! stylish moe character. Dunno about story yet, but art is pretty good.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Jan 6, 2010 5:37 AM

Dec 2007
Is it just me, or is this series like... a copy of K-On? Including characters' personalities? o_o

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Jan 6, 2010 5:39 AM

Jan 2009
I have trouble believing the director for this is the same as Elfen Lied.

Jan 6, 2010 5:43 AM

Aug 2008
the first ep wasnt bad.. just didnt spark me up that much though as much as K-on! did..
the tracks were awesome... even the French song, though i don't understand it, it was good...
the one thing that caught my attention and made me like the series, was the background... it's sooo realistic.. the animation seems like an old classic anime set in the victorian era or something but the character designs made a very good contrast to it which made it look very very good...

and, i just don't know why, but people keep on comparing this and K-on! as much as i like K-on! i'll try to not be bias and open my self for this one..
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!
Jan 6, 2010 6:03 AM

Sep 2008
OK obviously in 2010 K-ON! entered the military thanks to this anime.
Jan 6, 2010 6:17 AM

Dec 2007
i just don't know why, but people keep on comparing this and K-on!

Please tell me that you're not being serious.

Jan 6, 2010 6:43 AM

May 2008
Maurox said:

Oh they should know WHY, but honestly, it's nothing like K-On IMO. Absolutely nothing alike besides the small bit of music, and the art. That's it.

Jan 6, 2010 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
Whoa, looks like we're in for a moefest xD But I always watch shounen, so this may actually be a nice change for me. I'll stick with it.
Glad I didn't watch K-ON!, I'd probably start comparing them on the spot.
Anyway, OP > ED, although the ED isn't that bad either. That French song = MUST HAVE. Anyone knows the title?
And I'm no specialist or anything but damn, I loved the backgrounds and scenery shots. Scenery porn is getting more and more enjoyable for me recently.
To sum up - a decent first episode.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 6, 2010 7:21 AM

Nov 2008
I love that bitter-sweet atmosphere.
Jan 6, 2010 7:44 AM

Sep 2009
Looking forward to the next episode!!! :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Jan 6, 2010 7:52 AM
Jul 2008
I'm looking forward to episode 2.
Jan 6, 2010 8:03 AM

Oct 2009
KayChan4U said:
Maurox said:

Oh they should know WHY, but honestly, it's nothing like K-On IMO. Absolutely nothing alike besides the small bit of music, and the art. That's it.
Just because the art is similar to another anime does not mean it copies all its elements you know.....is my word on all this.

Jan 6, 2010 9:06 AM

Dec 2007
My god, that's why I said it's not only about art.
The characters are almost copies, also character-wise.

Kanata-Yui-The clumsy/stupid girl
Rio-Mio-The mature/responsible girl - ok, this could be a little stretched, I don't know if she'll have the Oh-my-god-shy side to her, but still - the stereotype is there.
Twintails-what-her-name-is-Azusa-Tsundere girl looking up to the mature senpai.
Lilicia(?-the blonde)-Tsumugi-The easy-going/ Ahaha~ kind of girl.

We only lack the tomboyish Ritsu there, the white-haired one is the silent/introvertic girl, and that is different.

I'm not saying this is a 90% copy of K-On, but you have to admit that the similarities ARE there, and you can't say "it's only the art", because it isn't. Even though the art commits greatly to those similarities.
MauroxJan 6, 2010 9:09 AM

Jan 6, 2010 9:10 AM

Oct 2006
So.. Phylicia, Felisha, Filicia...lolromanization
Jan 6, 2010 9:13 AM

Oct 2006
Maurox said:

Kanata-Yui-The clumsy/stupid girl
Rio-Mio-The mature/responsible girl - ok, this could be a little stretched, I don't know if she'll have the Oh-my-god-shy side to her, but still - the stereotype is there.
Twintails-what-her-name-is-Azusa-Tsundere girl looking up to the mature senpai.

Only Kanata is not stupid, but naive at best.
Rio is already more badass than Mio will ever be.
We haven't seen twintails girl being tsundere so lolwut, what's the point of pre-labelling her?
Jan 6, 2010 9:32 AM
Jul 2008
Maurox said:

Yea. Any girl-dominated anime would have casts who are "almost copies" to each others if the comparison made is as loosely as yours.
Jan 6, 2010 9:49 AM

Dec 2007
Maybe I used wrong words. Not "Tsundere". "The serious girl who wants people to treat their tasks seriously, but everyone ignores her and she ends up going after the bunch, and who admires the mature senpai". And yesa, we can see a glimpse of that when she's pissed at Kanata for not coming on time, and later when she says "screw her". And yes, IMO she will go along with everyone, because
a) Their commanding officer is the easy-going type, she's probably not going to keep much rules there
b) Kanata is there
c)The quiet girl... well I don't really know, but if she doesn't care about the rules either

Then she and Rio are the minority. My, 3 people not caring about what they should do, and 2 wanting for this to change, doesn't this sound familiar :P

About Rio being badass... I don't know. She certainly appears a bit more mature, but I didn't notice anything that different.

Scrooge - this is why I see this as extraordinary. I know sterotypes exist and that often characters are similar - but this is not your usual "let's remake the stereotype to fit our needs". The similarities are too obvious. Personalities, relationships, look.

"For those who want to believe - proof isn't nescessary
For those who doesn't - no proof exists."

Let us end it with that. I were in enough fiery discussions to notice when someone doesn't want to be convinced. I think they're similar, you don't, EoT.

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.