Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Descending Stories
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 28, 2017 6:58 AM

Jan 2017
It was a really nice episode. I truly like the final scene with the lamp swinging and those lighting changes, It was awesome!
Karasuno Fight!!!
Jan 8, 2018 3:47 AM

Jun 2016
It's been like that ever since. Nobody wants changes, especially the elders. Tch. I feel really bad for Shin. He was expelled over a stupid fucking thing. I mean, sure he was rude, but their master raised him, but heck it was all out of their emotions, I guess. Idk anymore. :/ Well, that old man was so harsh towards Shin. Fuck that. Shin didn't deserve that bullshit. I fucking hate these elders!

That asshole of a journalist. Did you really think Kikuhiko will let you insult his precious friend? Fuck you, maaan.

Idk, but it seems like Miyokichi is so desperate for love after being dumped by Kikuhiko, but she's in good hands; it's Shin after all. I hope Shin isn't just some rebound. Miyokichi, don't you dare. Please be good to each other.

And just like that, Konatsu was formed in Miyokichi's womb. Hihihi. :3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 26, 2018 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
After a great debut, Sukeroku got expelled for going against what he thinks will kill rakugo if there are no changes, that together with Yakumo dumping Miyokichi (and her anger to that) lead to both her and Sukeroku getting closer, mixing their negative feelings.

Looks like she also got pregnant and will leave the city with Sukeroku, who knows what might happen next.
Apr 25, 2018 6:43 PM

Mar 2009
Miyokichi is understandable to me. For her, it must feel like someone she dearly loves and would do anything for completely shafted her expressions of emotion.

Fundamentally, this has to do with how Kiku and Miyo are people who developed completely opposite reactions to abandonment. This is obvious when we see the advice he gives her... Kiku was abandoned as a child, and scared of abandonment. So now he has a hard time connecting with people and tends to isolate himself and set his goals on something 'objective' like rakugou. Miyokichi would change herself to be what someone needs because she has lost so much and just wants someone to stay with her.

"Does he even like women?" I think Miyo suspects Kiku's affections towards Sukeroku and that's part of the reason she is doing this. Just like before, when she accused Sukeroku of stealing Kiku away from her. She is aware of how much he values Sukeroku.

Honestly, Sukeroku and Miyo could be good for one another, but knowing that their deaths are likely imminent I am sure they aren't.
Apr 6, 2019 3:51 PM
Oct 2018
shit sort of went down this episode. idk there's something about this show that makes me freaking love it. character development is crazy
Apr 12, 2019 3:34 AM

Feb 2013
He doesn't know what to do?
Things like stop drinking and being more modest maybe?
May 26, 2019 7:42 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty intense episode. While it was obvious that Miyokichi and Yakumo were going to have a fallout, I didn't expect the repercussions to be so immediate. Sukeroku got expelled and essentially lost everything, no longer able to do what he loves. Miyokichi is pregnant with someone's child (I don't think it is Sukeroku's, because I'm not sure where Yonatsu would have gotten her hair color from if that was the case). And Yakumo is obviously feeling isolated and alone. I think it is significant to note that he wanted Sukeroku to obtain the Yakumo title. These events affect the perspectives of people decades into the future.
Jul 22, 2019 11:02 AM

Oct 2012
Holy shit, when did this show get so good? Every episode it gets better and better.
Aug 26, 2019 5:31 PM

Mar 2010
Sigh it's all master's fault for not accepting Sukeroku's style.
and Sukeroku never had any education..
Nov 7, 2019 12:54 PM

May 2017
holy CRAP the last few episodes have been amazing. The writing is just god like honestly. Directing is super good as well. Hope it keeps up this level until the end of the season.
Dec 4, 2019 3:27 AM

Sep 2019
At last this is end. They really stretched the relationship between these three characters and honestly sometimes I thought stop watching this show but now it's finally over so I think we can ones again focus on the main part (rakugo).
Dec 14, 2019 7:25 PM

Nov 2016
Well, two people lost a lot that night, so nothing wrong with comforting each other.

On a more serious note, this was another emotional roller coaster. All the dialogues were hella intense and brimmed with feels. Fantastic.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 17, 2020 9:19 AM
Apr 2016
Now this was a class higher than the rest of the episodes, goddamn! Sukeroku's downfall and feelings pain me aaaa but Kiku's feelings also pain me... I love the two very much, got incredibly attached to them for certain.
Jun 15, 2020 2:30 PM

Mar 2019
Damn this episode was drama-centered.I mean we already know Sukeroku dies but still,I don't want to see it :'(.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 29, 2020 9:39 PM

Sep 2018
Hatsu is genius but don't have professionalism. Kiku works hard to be better in rakugo that's why he always wants to improve more and more.

Miyokichi just want to depend to Kiku but she should find a better job, she can be a singer but she wants an easy life. She even curse him lol how dare you??! I want to feel sad for her but her attitude doesn't deserve a pity. Tsskk!

Kiku and Hatsu envy each other. Hatsu is smart and excel in Rakugo but bad personality while Kiku is well-mannered but work hard on rakugo, they have their own flaws. They didn't try to understand much each other.. they always see what they lack :(
Nov 10, 2020 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think this show really got its claws into me until this episode, but this was so good! Watching it on the assumption that our protagonist has romantic feelings for Sukeroku also adds another layer to this-- not sure if that subtext ever becomes text but it's very good. A lot more to support that read in this episode too.
Jan 5, 2021 8:32 AM

Jul 2017
One of the best episodes of the series so far. The storyboards were so excellent, especially during the little argument between Kikuhiko and Shin, where Kikuhiko desperately tries to convince Shin to not give up on rakugo after he got expelled by the Yakumo and is moving out of the area to be with Miyokichi and help raise their child together. Shin had such a promising start but it just felt like his fate was truly written to be a tragic one. Sure he's having a kid and a woman to be with and can have a fresh start in a new place, but we all know how Miyokichi truly feels about the whole situation and how she's not the sanest of people around. Such good writing all around, especially for the drama genre where its so easy to be either underwritten or too melodramatic and forced. This show has such good balance of everything thematically and pacing wise too.
Jan 24, 2021 8:23 PM

Jun 2020
Took long enough to start getting good. Not gonna lie I was pretty bored the first 8 episodes and the beginning of this one
Oct 12, 2021 4:04 AM
Aug 2021
That was an intense and flawless episode. Welp Kikuhiko and Miyokichi have completely cut off their ties,Shin got expelled and now he's with Miyokichi.They plan to go to Tokyo and Miyokichi's pregnant. I was not expecting him to just abandon his dream to become a Yakumo. But we can clearly see how the light in his eyes has gone out. I feel...terrible.

This is the beginning of the downfall.
Dec 31, 2021 11:23 AM

Dec 2012
That was truly intense. The buildup to these falling outs has been steady & subtle, making it hit all the harder. This series has been doing a phenomenal job at portraying the characters as flawed, damaged people who are caught up in a whirlwind of feelings & circumstances that are far beyond their control. Between the changing times and their pent-up emotions finally pouring out, everything is being laid bare.

One example I'm really fascinated by is Miyokichi. She's spent her entire life enduring her role as a mistress and plaything for men who continuously pass her by on a whim. Now that she's being dumped by a more earnest man like Kiku, her scorn & vengeance is taking on an intensity that wouldn't have been possible without a lifetime of abandonment.
Jan 21, 2022 4:50 AM
Mar 2017
Kiku just feels like a boy that skipped 60 years of his life when he turned 18. He practically never changed
May 1, 2023 3:32 AM

Feb 2019
So I guess we know that Miyokichi really is Konatsu's mother. In a perfect world, Miyokichi would've found happiness with Kikuhiko ;-; I'm so sad
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2016

262 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Feb 14, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

110 by itsagibbousmoon »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:15 PM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

196 by Abdullla_aah »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

203 by Shikkakku »»
May 2, 2023 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

134 by Shikkakku »»
May 1, 2023 7:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.