Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Feb 29, 2016 8:20 PM

Jan 2013
Tokoya said:
Best episode of the series....Best episode of the week....Perfection is what this was imo

This is all that I really new to say, the Goblin Slayers went absolutely HAM in the first half and that entire battle was just perfect

The art and animation as fluid, the OST was fitting and added to the mood, the tone was great andtge intensity of it all was just too awesome....Everyone fought and played their roles so well and with so much heart and passion and I cheered so hard when Haruhiko avenged Manato

This aplies to the entire episode really because that scene at the graveyard and then the final scene with Mary who is just a joy to watch was simply beautiful and nothing less....She and Hal (Dat nickname lol) are way too cute together and now I know why my LN friends ship them so hard

This felt like a finale really and I wouldn't hesitate to rate this series a 9/10 if it was the end....I am so proud of them all and seeing them but Manato's tags brought a tear to my eye

Glad to see that someone here is enjoying this anime so much as i do.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 29, 2016 8:36 PM

Oct 2011
They deserve the title Goblin Slayers

Dat insert song while fighitng was nice

my heart dropped when Mary got shot TwT

Mary calling Haruhiko Haru <333333

OMG was he going to confess OMG

No more goblins now so they are moving onto something else? Maybe the monster that killed off Mary's party then???
Feb 29, 2016 9:48 PM

Apr 2015
AivanK said:
Tokoya said:
Best episode of the series....Best episode of the week....Perfection is what this was imo

This is all that I really new to say, the Goblin Slayers went absolutely HAM in the first half and that entire battle was just perfect

The art and animation as fluid, the OST was fitting and added to the mood, the tone was great andtge intensity of it all was just too awesome....Everyone fought and played their roles so well and with so much heart and passion and I cheered so hard when Haruhiko avenged Manato

This aplies to the entire episode really because that scene at the graveyard and then the final scene with Mary who is just a joy to watch was simply beautiful and nothing less....She and Hal (Dat nickname lol) are way too cute together and now I know why my LN friends ship them so hard

This felt like a finale really and I wouldn't hesitate to rate this series a 9/10 if it was the end....I am so proud of them all and seeing them but Manato's tags brought a tear to my eye

Glad to see that someone here is enjoying this anime so much as i do.

we have a lot here, some are just shy to admit that they are enjoying this anime
internet is a cruel mistress
Feb 29, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2016
opiktea said:
Holy fuck!!
You know what's better than 10 minutes music video? That's right, it's 20 minutes music video.
It's not that it ruined the the mood or shit, but the song was bad, who the fuck would pay to listen to that shit? Except for those whose on drug.

And for the love of mother, stop with manatoism!! Goddamn that bunch worshiped the good guy, we get it, you're sad! You didn't even mourn that much for your family you left in japan, it doesn't make sense...
That manato surely beglamoured them. Priest with mind control. Thank god he's dead...

Lol'd at priest with mind control haha
Feb 29, 2016 10:35 PM

Oct 2015
When Mary got shot... I swore if she wasn't okay I would have flipped out.

Looks like the party can more or less take down a group of different types of goblins now which is good, but they still got caught off guard though by the blue goblin's fake injuries. Well played goblin, well played.

Hopefully after this episode they will get over Manato and have a good rest (just like the next episode suggests, "How to Rest"). Honestly, Mary and Haruhiro bond is so tight now, I'd ship them. Yes, I know my favourite girl Yume is probably not going to agree lol, but at the start of the series I though Ranta and Yume was going to be a thing.
Mar 1, 2016 12:24 AM

Sep 2011
trillshit said:
i guess that's one more thing i've learned. HAL is a mistranslation.

It's not really a mistranslation, it's how Funi are dealing with making Haru more informal since she didn't add the -kun suffix.
Mar 1, 2016 3:25 AM

Aug 2013
AivanK said:
Finally, they avenged Manato's death, those goblins deserved that, and finally, Haru got his dagger back.
When mary got shot by that arrow i was like "oh please not again, she can't die, no more feels pls" xD
Yume & Haru best couple, that roof scene <3
And i still almost cry when they remember Manato, that cemetery scene :(
I'm happy to see that Mary is doing good in her new team and everything is getting even better.

I don't know why there is so much hate around this anime, this isn't SAO or Log Horizon, this anime isn't fight based, that's why it is so good, it's different. I didn't expected so much from this anime but i'm loving it, plus the art and that soundtrack. Makes this anime very unique.

since when is Log Horizon fight based?
Mar 1, 2016 3:48 AM
Feb 2009
wonder what Haru was about to Mary.
Mar 1, 2016 6:40 AM
Aug 2015
nice work goblins hunters :3 just killing more goblins
Mar 1, 2016 8:58 AM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
The last two episodes have been amazing.

Especially this one, I honestly haven't cried during an anime like that in so long.
Mar 1, 2016 11:35 AM

Jan 2016
Is this the end of an era? Are they going to upgrade from goblins to Moss Giants in the Varrock sewers? Find out on the next episode of Goblin Killers Incorporated!
Mar 1, 2016 3:58 PM

May 2014
Good gateway. This episode felt like the end of the anime.
Next episode seems somewhat of a filler/laidback kinda episode.
I'm wondering what they'll do with the remaining episodes, either way, I really want a second season :)
For now, because they have so many possibilities with the story.
Mar 1, 2016 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode but again I was somehow triggered by the disappearing hole:

Mar 1, 2016 6:28 PM
Sep 2014
Selensija said:

What? The first pic, is the front of the building. The second pic, is from the back side of said building.
Mar 1, 2016 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
KinsoBlade said:
Selensija said:

What? The first pic, is the front of the building. The second pic, is from the back side of said building.

Ok sorry if I didn't express myself clearly. I meant the hole in his hand and not the "hole" in the building (window).
Mar 1, 2016 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
Freestyle80 said:
AivanK said:
Finally, they avenged Manato's death, those goblins deserved that, and finally, Haru got his dagger back.
When mary got shot by that arrow i was like "oh please not again, she can't die, no more feels pls" xD
Yume & Haru best couple, that roof scene <3
And i still almost cry when they remember Manato, that cemetery scene :(
I'm happy to see that Mary is doing good in her new team and everything is getting even better.

I don't know why there is so much hate around this anime, this isn't SAO or Log Horizon, this anime isn't fight based, that's why it is so good, it's different. I didn't expected so much from this anime but i'm loving it, plus the art and that soundtrack. Makes this anime very unique.

since when is Log Horizon fight based?

My bad, Log Horizon have a "few fights more" that Grimgar, my main focus was SAO, but since i couldn't remember any other anime, thats why i said Log Horizon.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 1, 2016 6:37 PM
Aug 2015
Selensija said:
KinsoBlade said:

Ok sorry if I didn't express myself clearly. I meant the hole in his hand and not the "hole" in the building (window).

Maybe Mary heal it with her magic :v
Mar 1, 2016 6:38 PM
Sep 2014
Selensija said:

Ah, then Mary did a quick heal. Yes it is a cheap crop out, but you know, healing magic and all that.
Mar 1, 2016 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
KinsoBlade said:
Selensija said:

Ah, then Mary did a quick heal. Yes it is a cheap crop out, but you know, healing magic and all that.

b-b-but then...

Yeah I know I might be exaggerating things here. I thought it was an important scene because his wound might have been severe too.
SelensijaMar 1, 2016 6:49 PM
Mar 1, 2016 6:45 PM
Sep 2014
Selensija said:
KinsoBlade said:

b-b-but then...

:P

Shit, he knows. Everyone quick, run and hide, for a week....
Mar 1, 2016 8:23 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
Isuru said:
Is this the end of an era? Are they going to upgrade from goblins to Moss Giants in the Varrock sewers? Find out on the next episode of Goblin Killers Incorporated!

Hahahaha this made me laugh out loud.

The good ole runescape days
Mar 2, 2016 12:19 AM

Jan 2014
Ughh music background was really poor for this episode ...

Togo u gotta talk to ur background music staff and tell them to step it up.

Still, overall it was a good episode but I really hate how Haruhiro is falling for Mary .... stick with Yume dud she suits you more.
Mar 2, 2016 2:36 AM

Aug 2013
Ok, so...

Pros:
- There was actually a large amount of fighting this episode. Like, 2/3 of the episode. And GOOD fighting too, not some shitty scenes. They actually had some skill this time around.

Cons:
- We had TWO insert songs this episode. Full length to boot. Honestly, this "promoting the Soundtrack just as much, if not more than the show itself" bullshit is getting old. Fast.

Pros:
- Mary is finally likeable, and we finally finished this arc. Hopefully they'll stop beating this Manato dead horse already.

Cons:
- Art was pretty fucking bad in the last 1/3 of the show. And they did this the last time they tried to do an emotional scene at Manato's grave too. Blows my mind that they hype these scenes up to be so important and emotionally impacting, and then they draw the characters like fucking Gumby.

Pros:
- Even though we had two long ass insert songs, they finally transitioned away from the 4 minutes of power point slides and zero dialogue.

Cons:
- It's not a good thing that the saddest thing in this entire series so far, out of EVERY episode, was the fucking mid card of the dead blue goblin playing with the freaky animals.

This was probably the best episode of the entire show so far. This really set the bar, especially since I really haven't been enjoying this show at all. And judging from next week's episode title, it looks like I'll be going back to not enjoying this show. Hoping we get another gem like this before the show ends.
Mar 2, 2016 2:39 AM

Aug 2013
Perkkie said:
This has to be one of the most underrated shows I've ever seen. I mean it can get pretty overdramatic (and it will be), though it's so atmospheric and heavy (not deep, just heavy). I can see why some people wouldn't enjoy it, though I'm loving it so far. I'll say it again: It's exactly what I wanted SAO to be. That said, it's time we get some real conflict - we're 8 episodes in, ffs.

Don't just throw the word underrated around. It making it sound like you don't know how to use the word. This show is rated almost a 7.7, which is just fine by MAL standards. And with the way people use the rating scale on MAL, if anything it's overrated.
Mar 2, 2016 3:11 AM

Jun 2015
Finally some good action in the new episode *-* However I dont think that the song fit the battle scene but I really enjoyed the scene itself. FINALLY MARY SMILED. The grave scene was very heartwarming <3 It was a good episode overall.
Mar 2, 2016 1:18 PM

Nov 2015
this felt like an ending episode idk, when Shihoru talked about Manato and the song started it was really sad

Mar 2, 2016 2:35 PM
Sep 2015
Ok, so first things first, loved this episode!! I love this show! I'm kind of a sucker for characters that feel realistic and relatable, so seeing these guys grow and getting to know them better as they interact and get become a team is absolutely awesome! This episode really had a lot of closure for the last few episodes, which is really satisfying! I'm looking forward to the last 4 episodes of the season!

Now for the other stuff:
So just noticing that this episode seems to hint at shipping HaruXMary... On the one hand, it's cute, but on the other hand Yume is my favorite character and as of this point in the anime no one else has yet proven themselves worthy of her. So to anyone who has read the light novels/other materials in which the story is further advanced from this point, who is usually shipped with whom? I'm a bit torn myself, as on the one hand Haru is the only one who is good enough, but on the other hand I feel like something is giving Ranta the impression that he needs to behave like a terrible person. Is that just me?? If he would just stop acting like such a dick he and Yume would be really cute together! Anyone? ... Anyone...?*sigh* Oh well.

So TL;DR: I loved this episode! Who does everyone ship with whom?
Mar 2, 2016 5:05 PM

Jan 2009
Knowing the show is only 12 episodes long makes me feel like I'm wasting my time on it, it's too slow -_- I hope it gets a second season.
Mar 2, 2016 5:52 PM

Sep 2013
ExoticBankai said:
This anime is so fucking good, i love the slow pacing when they talk !

The little piece about life and death, with amazing group development
Mar 2, 2016 10:13 PM

Jul 2009
Yumehiro otp
Disregard blue, acquire booty
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 2, 2016 11:57 PM

Oct 2013
Um.. Is there a reason why they have to fight goblins other than getting stronger? I'm coming to the conclusion that this series doesn't have a plot at all. I like that they struggle in fights, and the characters are decent, but I think this series would be a lot better if it had a plot.
Mar 3, 2016 1:56 AM
Sep 2014
keragamming said:
Um.. Is there a reason why they have to fight goblins other than getting stronger? I'm coming to the conclusion that this series doesn't have a plot at all. I like that they struggle in fights, and the characters are decent, but I think this series would be a lot better if it had a plot.

They wanted to kill the blue goblin to avenged Manato, before moving on. Which is why they didn't buy their badges before killing the blue goblin.
Mar 3, 2016 2:10 AM

Oct 2013
KinsoBlade said:
keragamming said:

They wanted to kill the blue goblin to avenged Manato, before moving on. Which is why they didn't buy their badges before killing the blue goblin.

So they are Moving on to fight other monsters other than goblins? Is this the plot?
Mar 3, 2016 5:39 AM

Aug 2013
keragamming said:
KinsoBlade said:

So they are Moving on to fight other monsters other than goblins? Is this the plot?

there is no plot, they are trying to make it overly sentimental, being hung over a dead person for 6 episodes and even now they failed to protect their healer lol

and Ranta will never ever grow up apparently and also (kinda big spoiler)
Mar 3, 2016 1:12 PM

May 2010
God, the people who rate it poorly every episode annoy the heck out of me. Like. We already know how you hate its pacing and its insert songs, and whatnot. At least be more original in your criticism. Saying the same thing again and again is boring, annoying and pointless. Meh.

The sense of fulfillment I get from this show is far more than any other mmorpg. Like, when the arrow hit Mary, I was cursing at the damned goblins and how coward they were being. And then, Haru beat one of the damned ones, and Mogzo got the other, and I was like HECK YEAH THEY DID IT GODAMMIT

Great episode. Just plain beauty.
Mar 3, 2016 1:51 PM

Nov 2014
I kinda like the way this anime is going. Even though i'm not the big fan of the insert songs the episode was nice!

Haruhiro x Yume or Haruhiro x Mary?
Mar 3, 2016 8:01 PM

May 2011
bastek66 said:
>Hal
Wow, Funishit really outdoes themselves in their stupidity. Imagine when they use it in their dubshit.

They should have done something like Harry. using Hal when she's clearly saying HA-RU makes it sound silly. Everyone knows Japanese have a hard time ending a word with a consonant unless it's N.
Mar 3, 2016 11:01 PM

Nov 2007
Some of the followers here have fallen in the following loop:

Too Slow > Insert Songs > Boy, I hate this anime > Too Slow > Inset Songs > Boy, I hate this anime

Gotta love their attention to details.

On to the episode discussion (real content):

I think this episode marked a significant point in the story. First of all, at this point one would think that they are over Manato. The graveyard scene seem to have pulled the curtain of everything that started since episode 1. But the significance of the snow fall at that time was the follow up of the metaphoric saying that one isn't being honest to themselves (from the previous episode). It was a way to make us wonder whether they were just forcing it on themselves, as they were trying to move on from Manato's death to move forward.

All the while, Mary stood there noticing her new friends trying to move on, which definitely helped her in a way as she herself left her soul somewhere in that underground cave where she lost her precious friends.

While the five of them finally got their badges that they always wanted, it was a ride that changed their take on life in Grimgar. They had to become stronger physically to survive and they had to become more mature to understand one another and became closer. Manato's death galvanized their friendship and they have started to realize how precious life is and how it should be cherished.

If you came here for an anime with crazy action and rapid progress, then this is not for you. I still recall saying this will be more AnoHana than another MMORPG even before it aired. I guess I was right by 90%.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 4, 2016 12:38 AM

Jul 2014
shanimebib said:
Some of the followers here have fallen in the following loop:

Too Slow > Insert Songs > Boy, I hate this anime > Too Slow > Inset Songs > Boy, I hate this anime

Gotta love their attention to details.

On to the episode discussion (real content):

I think this episode marked a significant point in the story. First of all, at this point one would think that they are over Manato. The graveyard scene seem to have pulled the curtain of everything that started since episode 1. But the significance of the snow fall at that time was the follow up of the metaphoric saying that one isn't being honest to themselves (from the previous episode). It was a way to make us wonder whether they were just forcing it on themselves, as they were trying to move on from Manato's death to move forward.

All the while, Mary stood there noticing her new friends trying to move on, which definitely helped her in a way as she herself left her soul somewhere in that underground cave where she lost her precious friends.

While the five of them finally got their badges that they always wanted, it was a ride that changed their take on life in Grimgar. They had to become stronger physically to survive and they had to become more mature to understand one another and became closer. Manato's death galvanized their friendship and they have started to realize how precious life is and how it should be cherished.

If you came here for an anime with crazy action and rapid progress, then this is not for you. I still recall saying this will be more AnoHana than another MMORPG even before it aired. I guess I was right by 90%.

Yeah, those who complain that the show is too slow and boring are just really impatient and they want to see Haruhiro's team to become overpowered in no time just like in a generic shounen anime.

The insert songs aren't even that bad in the scene placement. the people who made the anime are confident in their work and they don't scrap their ideas in the next episode just because people dislike what they did.
Mar 4, 2016 5:30 AM

Jul 2013
pablomc said:
You know... those 8 eps were just the first light novel volume, don't need to blame the light novel writer, blame A-1, usually a light novel volume is adapted in 4 eps, this one could be done in 5.... so, it's not the writer faults for it been slow, really the book could be read in a afternoon (I read it) so you don't have that slow felling.... anyway, this show is like that for several reasons already posted in other topics, it was talking about the insert songs but it explain somethings....
WHAT!? Lmao, and people complained that Overlord's pacing was slow xD

Anyway, this is the best episode for the moment. The battle with the goblins was cool (you will be missed for your bravery, especially you, Blue Goblin ;_;) and the ending in Manato's grave was a nice conclusion of the arc.

Haru x Mary? I like it...
Mar 4, 2016 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
TragicRomance said:
God, the people who rate it poorly every episode annoy the heck out of me. Like. We already know how you hate its pacing and its insert songs, and whatnot. At least be more original in your criticism. Saying the same thing again and again is boring, annoying and pointless. Meh.

The sense of fulfillment I get from this show is far more than any other mmorpg. Like, when the arrow hit Mary, I was cursing at the damned goblins and how coward they were being. And then, Haru beat one of the damned ones, and Mogzo got the other, and I was like HECK YEAH THEY DID IT GODAMMIT

same could be said to u, praising the same old boring stuff every episode, and calling it 'plain beauty'

and there's a difference between being not retarded and being 'overpowered'

forget overpowered, they still dont even grasp the basic concepts of this situation and Ranta never ever grows up, Haruhiro is always pondering, never decisive.

anyway ppl have differing opinions
Mar 4, 2016 6:07 AM

May 2010
Freestyle80 said:
TragicRomance said:

same could be said to u, praising the same old boring stuff every episode, and calling it 'plain beauty'

forget overpowered, they still dont even grasp the basic concepts of this situation and Ranta never ever grows up, Haruhiro is always pondering, never decisive.

Praising a show is still better than badmouthing it, imo. And no, I didn't call it 'plain beauty' every episode, at least I used different words every week than just "oh, the insert songs. oh, the slow pace." etc.

Well, I don't think people change within minutes, let alone days. Some take years to change, some take decades. Change isn't that easy. It's been what- a few weeks? A month since Manato's death? On top of it, Haruhiro was never comfortable being the leader, but he's getting used to it. He's definitely a better leader than before, give him some time.

Yeah, that's true, and I was just stating my opinion.
Mar 4, 2016 6:21 AM

Aug 2013
TragicRomance said:
Freestyle80 said:

Praising a show is still better than badmouthing it, imo. And no, I didn't call it 'plain beauty' every episode, at least I used different words every week than just "oh, the insert songs. oh, the slow pace." etc.

Well, I don't think people change within minutes, let alone days. Some take years to change, some take decades. Change isn't that easy. It's been what- a few weeks? A month since Manato's death? On top of it, Haruhiro was never comfortable being the leader, but he's getting used to it. He's definitely a better leader than before, give him some time.

atleast we can agree Ranta sux
Mar 4, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2010
Freestyle80 said:
TragicRomance said:

True, Ranta's been annoying since day one. I can see him get a lil better, but he'll probably remain annoying forever.
Mar 4, 2016 9:43 AM

Nov 2007
TragicRomance said:
Freestyle80 said:

True, Ranta's been annoying since day one. I can see him get a lil better, but he'll probably remain annoying forever.

I know he has been annoying like no other character this season but mark my words, this "but he'll probably remain annoying forever" will come back to get you.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 4, 2016 9:57 AM

May 2010
shanimebib said:
TragicRomance said:

I know he has been annoying like no other character this season but mark my words, this "but he'll probably remain annoying forever" will come back to get you.

Oh, looks promising! I hope he surprises me.
Mar 4, 2016 10:47 AM
Mar 2016
Can someone tell me the name of the insert song in battle scene? Please, I search it everywhere but no luck. I'm desperate T_T
Mar 4, 2016 1:43 PM

Dec 2012
This is anime is the definition of started from the bottom now we here.
Another great episode, things have really gone uphill since Manato died tbh(for the anime).
I'm really loving it now, It's so much action packed but then somehow it squeezes in a few relaxing & cozy moments just to make me feel somewhat satisfied.

"Ranta is supposed to be hated" There you go people :P
Mar 5, 2016 12:46 AM

Aug 2013
shanimebib said:
TragicRomance said:

redemption isnt possible for a dumbass like him
Mar 5, 2016 3:07 AM

Dec 2014
Best Episode so Far, the action was exciting and I liked the music despite what some people are saying. But one thing that was a bit strange was how they kinda just skipped over the fact that Mary got shot in the back, like she got hit and Haruhiro screamed about how its just like Manato he chases after the goblin and then bam she's fine and nothing more is said. But other than that I liked the Episode 5/5
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

464 by Anjopskun »»
May 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.