Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 13, 2016 7:37 PM
Nov 2015
even at 16 years old thats still creepy. the guys like 30 something and not only that, but represent a country. how would people react to a representative of japan who is in his 30s marrying a 16 year old who would be a junior in highschool? i would look down on the Japanese government immediately. and this is coming from myself, being a 20 year old. people say its not creepy when a 40 year old gets with a 25 year old, thats a 25 year old for gods sake. id say when shes around 20 and it would be fine. i myself would never date anyone under 18, and im 20.
Aug 25, 2016 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
First it's Pina colada and now it's beefeater? lmao!

~pedo.. pedo.. pedopedopedopedo brrrah! I got broads in Atlanta..~
Sep 26, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
I gained a bit more respect for Sherry.
How sad it may be, Sugaware is right, orders are orders and if they take one or two they have to take more.
At least he actually did save her at the end.

This will probably mean war though.
Dec 8, 2016 11:38 AM

Jun 2009
honestly ive been lowkey shipping sherry and sugawara since she said she liked him. and the age gap doesn't really bother me that much i mean she literally has a mindset of an adult.

Dec 22, 2016 10:51 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Youji.

They'll huff and puff and clean your house down.

Let it burn, Let it burn, Gotta let it burn.

LMAO at the dude saying Sherry will be dangerous when she gets older.

BOZES!!!!!!

LMAO at Sugawara. He knows its happening. He can't escape it.

Ike, Sugawara! Get that 12 year old pussy....cat and prosper because it is your destiny. lol

Oh snap. We're about to see if Pina's knights aren't just a play thing.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 17, 2017 11:04 AM

Mar 2010
Well at least they not getting married before the age of 9 lol anyways good episode lots behind the curtains action.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 7, 2017 3:49 AM
Apr 2016
GhassanB said:
Sagawara is a pedophile

She is -almost- 12. She is not a child anymore, so someone being attracted to her isn't a pedophile. Remember how the locals stated that she is considered matured enough to pursuit a relationship? That's not something the writers pulled out of their mind.

We coined the "age of consent" no less than 100 years ago. 200 years ago, a 12 year old was considered a -young- adult. That's why most women were usually married between 12 and 16. That was the effect of one of the most fundamental laws of nature;

Males are attracted to young females that can reproduce. Young females are attracted to older males. Most females start having their reproductive cycles at age 12. That's the age we (the modern humans) stop considering a girl as a child. We call her a teenager or, more scientifically, an adolescent. That's also the age children graduate from elementary school, indicating their change from children to teenagers.

Someone being attracted to them is considered a ephebophile, not a pedophile. We also saw that Sagawara clearly understand the difference between his and her age, that's why he mentioned she is going to be his wife at age 16. 16 is the best age for a female to start a sexual relationship. She has already experienced the one-sided effects of puberty and she is at the peak of her sexuality and reproduction capability. That's exactly why the age of consent in most countries is 16.

Seriously, it doesn't take a degree to understand how nature works. The only reason you consider someone being attracted to a 12 year old as a bad thing is because modern society has taught you to do so. When the "age of consent" was created, it was a way to protect minors from adults in a sense of exploit and abuse, not to restrict them to pursuit a sexual relationship with an adult.
Feb 26, 2017 5:39 AM
Aug 2014
So Japan now has an embassy in the capital; how did they manage that. Don't think the empire has one in Japan or even in their base camp. It's all a bit one-sided.
Nov 25, 2017 8:10 AM

Sep 2012
that's no fun i wanted to see Sagawara sweat some more in uncomfortable situation him trying to avoid it & Sherry chase him & trap him more but he trapped himself 2eraly

GhassanB said:
Zolzal is stupid. Tyuule is retarded. Sagawara is a pedophile lol.

The pacing and the direction of this anime are starting to get annoying.

3/5 for this episode

caring doesn't make him a pedophile lol

+ what xAnimus said

sin0878 said:
even at 16 years old thats still creepy. the guys like 30 something and not only that, but represent a country. how would people react to a representative of japan who is in his 30s marrying a 16 year old who would be a junior in highschool? i would look down on the Japanese government immediately. and this is coming from myself, being a 20 year old. people say its not creepy when a 40 year old gets with a 25 year old, thats a 25 year old for gods sake. id say when shes around 20 and it would be fine. i myself would never date anyone under 18, and im 20.

don't u know history? it was common at that age they have in that world (i mean the world age) if this 2 don't find it creepy its not our place to judge

also she is 12 & he is around 25-30 i have seen couples with bigger age differences like guy 30 wife 80 new that's crazy lol

also its not set in stone anything can happen like she changes her mind at one point

nozori said:
honestly ive been lowkey shipping sherry and sugawara since she said she liked him. and the age gap doesn't really bother me that much i mean she literally has a mindset of an adult.

IKR & no kidding she is scary XD

xAnimus said:
GhassanB said:
Sagawara is a pedophile

She is -almost- 12. She is not a child anymore, so someone being attracted to her isn't a pedophile. Remember how the locals stated that she is considered matured enough to pursuit a relationship? That's not something the writers pulled out of their mind.

We coined the "age of consent" no less than 100 years ago. 200 years ago, a 12 year old was considered a -young- adult. That's why most women were usually married between 12 and 16. That was the effect of one of the most fundamental laws of nature;

Males are attracted to young females that can reproduce. Young females are attracted to older males. Most females start having their reproductive cycles at age 12. That's the age we (the modern humans) stop considering a girl as a child. We call her a teenager or, more scientifically, an adolescent. That's also the age children graduate from elementary school, indicating their change from children to teenagers.

Someone being attracted to them is considered a ephebophile, not a pedophile. We also saw that Sagawara clearly understand the difference between his and her age, that's why he mentioned she is going to be his wife at age 16. 16 is the best age for a female to start a sexual relationship. She has already experienced the one-sided effects of puberty and she is at the peak of her sexuality and reproduction capability. That's exactly why the age of consent in most countries is 16.

this

but when i was 16-17 i actually wanted GF that is like 20-30 (but 2shy to hit on any1) XD

xAnimus said:
Seriously, it doesn't take a degree to understand how nature works. The only reason you consider someone being attracted to a 12 year old as a bad thing is because modern society has taught you to do so. When the "age of consent" was created, it was a way to protect minors from adults in a sense of exploit and abuse, not to restrict them to pursuit a sexual relationship with an adult.

actually this laws are also to protect them from sexual abuse like older person taking advantage younger person sexually so its made illegal like 18+ cant do it with some1 below 18 in some countries there is one exception if parents allow it & maybe some countries it less then 18 i mean the age restriction where u don't need any1 permission

but i don't see issue with their relationship at-lest if they keep it platonic until 18 (or 14-16) ofc it depends in which world they will live on if there they can do what they want cause cause no high schools so no need to worry getting a child 2early saying it cause it can happen

but my point was that in a way it is to restrict them to pursuit a sexual relationship with an adult to protect them from adult praetors so u were wrong with that point cause at that age they are naive & easier to trick

bedo is some1 who's attracted to younger then 12 & they often sexually abuse them

also pedophile is saome1 who attracted to younger then 12 sexually pedophiles are attracted to kids sexually & teens are not kids they are between kids & adults they are called teens or young adults

i wouldn't go below 20 (my persona preference) :)

bedos should be castrated :)

just glad that i am not in hes shoes (its 2awkawrd) XD

Nothing257 said:
It was less interesting than the other episodes. the part when the 12 year old girl started to run to the ambassador who is like 35 or something was facepalm worthy. 2/5
Pizzaholic said:
Nothing257 said:
It was less interesting than the other episodes. the part when the 12 year old girl started to run to the ambassador who is like 35 or something was facepalm worthy. 2/5
Loli-bait in full effect! Uh yeah, I'm done with this show :V

i support love, its their choice (if it would be my daughter & guy is good i would approve), u can read txt above to

no1 has the right to judge ppl in love just cause their age cap :)

i have seen crazier age caps like guy 30 & hes wife 80 new that's crazy

also this world is like our past, back then it was common that 12+ married some1 older (if the yonger1 wants it then so be it specially in that type of a world)
Sugram22Feb 2, 2018 10:05 AM
Mar 30, 2018 11:27 PM

Mar 2016
This is getting out of hand. A part of me is glad that at least Sherry is now safe with Sugawara, but another part of me hates the fact that Sugawara let his feelings interfere with his job and decided to take Sherry in. This alone already caused an immediate conflict!

Well, all of this would've never happened if that bitch Tyuule and her fucker have never done all of these heinous actions...
Apr 30, 2018 11:08 PM

Mar 2017
lowkey shipping sugawara and sherry

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Sep 28, 2018 12:17 AM
Apr 2008
My favourite episode so far for its gripping portrayal of the myriad of emotions going on in a tense, time-sensitive situation. Sherry, Sugawara, Japanese Government, Jade Palace Guards, Imperial Cleaners.

I'm also disappointed greatly that so many people think Sugawara actually reciprocates Sherry's romantic feelings instead of the fact that he merely played the card that would save an innocent and brave girl's life.
Nov 17, 2018 10:06 AM

Mar 2012
I really loved this episode specially towards the end. Sugawara was so cool! But I wonder how he'll break it up to her that he only did it to save her or maybe Sherry is already wise enough to understand that.
Dec 6, 2018 4:39 PM

Feb 2010
I know sherry is still just a little girl but the ending was so sweet. At least she still had someone since she lost everything.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 30, 2019 6:11 AM

Nov 2010
About other people saying Sugawara as a pedo, well, even if they are in Japanese "soil" they are still part of that world where it is okay to be betrothed to girls not yet of legal age. So, its acceptable.
Aug 21, 2019 7:42 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Tyuule and Zorzal are still horrible, can't wait to see them (maybe ?) destroyed.
Sherry and Sugawara... wtf
Nov 28, 2019 2:53 AM

Sep 2012
ShadowkillZ_ said:
This is getting out of hand. A part of me is glad that at least Sherry is now safe with Sugawara, but another part of me hates the fact that Sugawara let his feelings interfere with his job and decided to take Sherry in. This alone already caused an immediate conflict!

Well, all of this would've never happened if that bitch Tyuule and her fucker have never done all of these heinous actions...

yes peace would be better but if there is a moronic ruler like the prince i would use first good reason to take him down so i would have saved her for 2 reasons 2save her cause i am nice... and to get a reason to to F him up by giving him excuse to attack, and my love for peace wouldn't stop me from taking down a tyrant that's why i like George Bush to he took down Satam Husein who was a monster, sometimes its necessary and considering how Putin's Russia has acted as aggressor (example hes involvement in Ukraine) if i had power over Nato i would have ordered them to crush Putin for hes crimes (hes criminal and a thug) even if it meant new world war, world has become 2soft (snowflakes) world leaders are pussy's scared to act, some criminals can't be taken down by diplomacy

but i would first try assassins to avoid war take down the leader with all like minded politicians i mean awry1 who agrees with hes ways to stop this poison spreading

democracy in Russ is a mask fake its still ruled by communism just softer version of communism to hide the fact its still communistic power like it use to be and rus own ppl suffer cause of it not all specially not the high class

PanzernKern said:
About other people saying Sugawara as a pedo, well, even if they are in Japanese "soil" they are still part of that world where it is okay to be betrothed to girls not yet of legal age. So, its acceptable.

i pretty much explained this stuff that its not bedo. as long as he keeps it innocent until she is proper age i have no issue with like i won't call him creeper if he does that and hes the type of guy who will so all is fine

TheOtherJN said:

I'm also disappointed greatly that so many people think Sugawara actually reciprocates Sherry's romantic feelings instead of the fact that he merely played the card that would save an innocent and brave girl's life.

well he kind of did but that doesn't make him dirty old man if he keeps it innocent until she is proper age so all is fine, i mean it doesn't matter if he did reciprocates Sherry's romantic feelings if...
Sugram22Nov 28, 2019 4:22 AM
Nov 28, 2019 8:47 PM

Mar 2016
Sugram22 said:

yes peace would be better but if there is a moronic ruler like the prince i would use first good reason to take him down so i would have saved her for 2 reasons 2save her cause i am nice... and to get a reason to to F him up by giving him excuse to attack, and my love for peace wouldn't stop me from taking down a tyrant that's why i like George Bush to he took down Satam Husein who was a monster, sometimes its necessary and considering how Putin's Russia has acted as aggressor (example hes involvement in Ukraine) if i had power over Nato i would have ordered them to crush Putin for hes crimes (hes criminal and a thug) even if it meant new world war, world has become 2soft (snowflakes) world leaders are pussy's scared to act, some criminals can't be taken down by diplomacy

but i would first try assassins to avoid war take down the leader with all like minded politicians i mean awry1 who agrees with hes ways to stop this poison spreading

democracy in Russ is a mask fake its still ruled by communism just softer version of communism to hide the fact its still communistic power like it use to be and rus own ppl suffer cause of it not all specially not the high class

Damn, that's some controversial topic there, watch out, some people get very serious about topics such as these.
Nov 29, 2019 2:48 AM

Sep 2012
ShadowkillZ_ said:
Sugram22 said:

Damn, that's some controversial topic there, watch out, some people get very serious about topics such as these.

sometimes rarely certain comments trigger controversial topic in me like i half to explain in details how i feel about it and at times it goes from that to controversial topic cause they are somewhat connected

Jan 19, 2020 12:01 AM

Jun 2009
Aug 7, 2020 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
Well the war has begun....goodbye empire, nice knowing you.
Aug 18, 2020 8:35 PM

Aug 2019
right so that was a pretty, eventful episode to say the least. A lot of it this time around was focused around Sherry's escape and the new law practically giving Zolzal the ability to cuck anyone but mainly aiming it at the pro-peace party.

Sherry, definitely an interesting character, she got some pretty good character development, starting off as a loli in our eyes, to a daughter of a reasonably well known and respected family of councillors and also has an IQ higher then what i will ever reach. She can really use her words and big brain well together, and practically get almost anything she could want at the age of 12, jesus christ when she becomes an adult she could probably win an argument without the opposition having to even say a thing.

Sugawara, you cheeky guy, risking it all for a girl xD nah but i respect that, it's a close "happily ever after" for them in some sense that i didn't know i needed. All in all they are a pretty good pair, both extremely good diplomats by the looks of it and could probably grow up as strong individuals in there own ways, it just, the age gap xD whelp maybe if Sherry was born 10 years earlier and they met under same circumstance, i'm sure Sugawara would of fallen head over heels for her.

Cleaners about to get offed, Tyuule definitely aignt gonna be happy bout this one and someone is probably gonna die over it
Sep 16, 2020 11:31 AM
Mar 2018
The whole forced marriage at young age thing is kinda creepy. But the symbolism that japan is on the green sde of the border is strong. But at least this time japans acions bore political fruit, for the sake of being on the moral highgrounds (even though only the "peace" is at stake, while they would have to take the reparations bloody if it broke)
Apr 2, 2021 5:00 AM

Sep 2012
DonTrumpolino said:
The whole forced marriage at young age thing is kinda creepy. But the symbolism that japan is on the green sde of the border is strong. But at least this time japans acions bore political fruit, for the sake of being on the moral highgrounds (even though only the "peace" is at stake, while they would have to take the reparations bloody if it broke)

our word way back was same sins 12 was age for marriage they were taught this politics and stuff ferry young age they basically had no time to be kids they were taught so they would mature faster, it has its limits but still they were years above their age compare to modern day

i just think the forced marriage culture is dumb not creepy
for example if one or both love some1 else they shouldn't be forced to marry

Sugram22Apr 2, 2021 12:26 PM
Apr 2, 2021 5:21 PM
Mar 2018
Sugram22 said:

our word way back was same sins 12 was age for marriage they were taught this politics and stuff ferry young age they basically had no time to be kids they were taught so they would mature faster, it has its limits but still they were years above their age compare to modern day

i just think the forced marriage culture is dumb not creepy
for example if one or both love some1 else they shouldn't be forced to marry

Well, by now it is just another dumb trope in anime. Just like the whole ojou-sama trope with people living in big mansions, with maids in victorian-ish clothes (yet mostly modern day lingerie underneath, creeps), butlers and the whole shabang. And it's not even that grounded on any culture, it's just what the writers fancy and japanese authors never develop any new ideas in the first place...
Mar 20, 2022 1:01 PM

May 2008
What a tense, terrifying episode. The battle bunny's pawn (Emperor Got His Butt Kicked By A Little Girl) sent his gestapo after a 12 year old girl, and the Japanese ambassador finally gave her refuge

It's gonna get UGLY
Dec 16, 2022 1:32 AM

Dec 2022
I'm totally for sugawara and sherry, I get its a little weird because of their age but come on. That embrace near the end, and the whole slight run towards her? You can't tell me he doesn't feel for her even if it is just a protection kind of love.

Dec 4, 2023 6:59 AM

Nov 2023
Call the Japanese FBI on this one!
Dec 6, 2023 4:25 PM

Dec 2022
What sort of name is Beefeater? I wonder what her favourite food (or gin) is XD

Got newfound respect for Sugawara. He struggled with it for some time, but ultimately decided not to let these bastards kidnap Sherry while he was the sole party shackled by diplomacy. Plus, you can't go wrong with a cute and courageous loliwife.

Archean-ReturnDec 6, 2023 4:41 PM

Shaded Horizon

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.