Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2016 12:14 PM

Jan 2009
mozgow said:

DiabloMask said:
He said "probably" and it turned out he was contacting Sachiko about the matter.
He didn't know where. He knew she was with Satoru.

I know, I was saying he's not necessarily the culprit, he knew that Kayo was safe from Sachiko.
Feb 25, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
After rushing parts of last episode, pacing was on point this episode.
Bed scene was hilarious,
4 episodes left, so much left to cover, hope A-1 gets it done
Feb 25, 2016 12:22 PM
Apr 2014
Kayo x Mom filler fanservice, if you have that much time on your hands then why don't you do a faithful adaptation without skipping content?
Heh feels moment with Kayo to end the episode, now that I think about it the killer has saved her in more ways than one, he killed her and relieved her of the shitty life and shitty mom she had.

Don't mind me just posting this hamster wheel with no importance that also appears in the ending.
Feb 25, 2016 12:25 PM

Aug 2015
As a manga reader, I wonder about at what point they will end the anime... I have a guess though.

Feb 25, 2016 12:27 PM
Apr 2014
donnovien said:
As a manga reader, I wonder about at what point they will end the anime... I have a guess though.

The anime will have the manga's ending.
Feb 25, 2016 12:28 PM

Aug 2015
eggs and bacon always make me cry, this is normal....................
"No need for love! Just give me sugar!!" - a lazy ossan

+ 4 more~!
Feb 25, 2016 12:29 PM

Dec 2015
The episode was so heartwarming I failed to notice how slow it went until it ended. But now, with only four episodes left, I am really wondering how they will bring the conclusion in due time. (I started the episode thinking we would see at least what will probably happen only in the next episode cliffhanger.)

aLotQuestion said:
Is that why he is not worry about Hiromi?

No, the missing victim-to-be was introduced today. There will be a bit more of her later. He was just focused on Kayo because she was the first dead to come. Plus didn't he said Hiromi was less a prey than a way to make someone not acquainted with him look more guilty? (=the young lonely adult)
Feb 25, 2016 12:29 PM
Dec 2014
Not sure why Satarou has completely forgot about the main reason he went back in time, to save his mother, and is now completely focused on kayo lol
Feb 25, 2016 12:30 PM

Jun 2014
I've been thinking about this for the past few episodes now and I believe that the killer is meant to be obvious on purpose. It's not that we have to learn who they are but rather "how" they did it in the first place.
Feb 25, 2016 12:30 PM

Dec 2015
How the fuck are they going to adapt the full thing?
By rushing the hell out I guess... A-1 you're seriously worrying me now.
Feb 25, 2016 12:31 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not sure exactly how to best put my thoughts on this into words but tl;dr it was awesome
Feb 25, 2016 12:34 PM

Aug 2015
Drake1000 said:
donnovien said:

But the manga is ongoing and there are a lot of material to be adapted. It would be super rushed.
Feb 25, 2016 12:36 PM
Jul 2015
It's very seldom that I cry during any form of media. The only show that has ever made me cry was Clannad After Story... until this episode. When Kayo started crying looking at the breakfast and the flashbacks, I fucking broke.
Feb 25, 2016 12:39 PM

Oct 2014
Aaand best mom award goes too..
Feb 25, 2016 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
Drake1000 said:
Heh feels moment with Kayo to end the episode, now that I think about it the killer has saved her in more ways than one, he killed her and relieved her of the shitty life and shitty mom she had.
This seems like a perfect motive for the killer! He might be thinking he's helping them.

Drake1000 said:
Don't mind me just posting this hamster wheel with no importance that also appears in the ending.
Either it's totally irrelevant or the most important thing ever :D
Feb 25, 2016 12:40 PM

Mar 2015
Ahhh......The gentle calm before the apocalyptic storm begins.....

And I thought there won't be any beach,pool or bath room scene.

Even this turns out to be plain stupid in the end but Sachiko definitely is the anime best mom.

Feb 25, 2016 12:42 PM

Feb 2014
donnovien said:
Drake1000 said:

But the manga is ongoing and there are a lot of material to be adapted. It would be super rushed.

Its confirmed that the anime will have the manga ending . We'll see how it will go .
Feb 25, 2016 12:42 PM
Apr 2014
mozgow said:
Drake1000 said:
This seems like a perfect motive for the killer! He might be thinking he's helping them.

Haha, what a nice person relieving children of their sad lives.

donnovien said:
Drake1000 said:

The manga is ending with volume 8 in march.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-01-08/erased-boku-dake-ga-inai-machi-anime-to-portray-ending-of-original-manga/.97329
Drake1000Feb 25, 2016 12:48 PM
Feb 25, 2016 12:46 PM

Aug 2015
MarikGr said:
donnovien said:

Its confirmed that the anime will have the manga ending . We'll see how it will go .

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!
Feb 25, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
Drake1000 said:
mozgow said:

donnovien said:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-01-08/erased-boku-dake-ga-inai-machi-anime-to-portray-ending-of-original-manga/.97329

They didn't even finish volume 4 at this point of the series. Yea they are going to rush the whole thing.
RIP ERASED, your deserved adaptation went down in the drain. ;(
Feb 25, 2016 12:51 PM
Jan 2013
MadRoosterr said:
Not sure why Satarou has completely forgot about the main reason he went back in time, to save his mother, and is now completely focused on kayo lol
because he's a scumbag pedophile who fell in love with a little girl
also, I guess it can't be an A-1 show without random unnecessary (and in this caste: in bad taste) fanservice
Feb 25, 2016 12:53 PM

Aug 2015
Drake1000 said:
mozgow said:

Haha, what a nice guy relieving children of their sad lives.

donnovien said:

I was so attached to the story :(
About hamster wheel
donnovienFeb 25, 2016 12:57 PM
Feb 25, 2016 12:53 PM

Oct 2007
KonoYume said:
Drake1000 said:

They didn't even finish volume 4 at this point of the series. Yea they are going to rush the whole thing.

It's not like it matters since it's already achieved the highest standard which a modern anime can attest to, making people cry and get "healed". That's what it all comes down to at the end of the day now and what will probably get it tons of awards and critical acclaim now. Fucking imagine if an anime managed to make somebody cry over a male characters situation or something for a change though. Now that'd be a real breath of fresh air and it's not like this show didn't have the opportunity before. Honestly I felt more for Satoru's mother getting offed in the early episode and how that tweaked something in him then I have for this whole Kayo's evil mom arc.

MadRoosterr said:

Because it plays better with audiences and is easy material to handle for getting those feels out of them. Also Yuuki Aoi.

I seriously can't stress enough how this was the one thing I had hoped this show wouldn't fall back on in order for me to keep viewing it on mostly positive terms and of course this being A-1 who always seems to fuck up anything with even remote promise for me that's exactly what this show does and then some. It's still their most palatable show for me since pretty much the last time this director did something for noitaminA in Silver Spoon but frankly it's not even as interesting as that shows second season anymore and could have been so much more if it frankly hadn't decided to play it safe and easy with the material and character it chose to emphasize.
PeacingOutFeb 25, 2016 1:02 PM
Feb 25, 2016 12:54 PM

Dec 2015
"Am I in the way?" — Satoru's mom
"Yeah." — Satoru
"O-of course not!" — Kayo
"... I said that aloud." — 29 yr old Satoru
*gets bonked in the head by his mom*

LOL.

But Kayo crying over the breakfast... that broke my heart >.< uwah.

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Feb 25, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
KonoYume said:

It's not like it matters since it's already achieved the highest standard which a modern anime can attest to, making people cry and get "healed". That's what it all comes down to at the end of the day now and what will probably get it tons of awards and critical acclaim now. Fucking imagine if an anime managed to make somebody cry over a male characters situation or something for a change though. Now that'd be a real breath of fresh air and it's not like this show didn't have the opportunity before. Honestly I felt more for Satoru's mother getting offed in the early episode and how that tweaked something in him then I have for this whole Kayo's evil mom arc.

Honestly I don't care about that. I'm more concerned about the adaptation of the story.
Feb 25, 2016 1:01 PM
Apr 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
KonoYume said:

Nah I expect a lot of negative response for those last 4 episodes, they will have a lot of controversial content to say the least, them adapting 4 volumes in 4 episodes is just the cherry on top.
Feb 25, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
Damn! It seems like Satoru might just be able to save her! That ending was crazy!
Feb 25, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2007
Drake1000 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Nah I expect a lot of negative response for those last 4 episodes, they will have a lot of controversial content to say the least, them adapting 4 volumes in 4 episodes is just the cherry on top.

That is depending on how much it even chooses to focus on things that aren't centered around Kayo anymore. From what I've heard there was an interview with the director where he basically hinted as much at the team really wanting to emphasize the Kayo character as much as possible compared to the second half and warning that certain scenes might be switched around to get her in them or changed in terms of emphasis and focus to include her more. At this rate I'm guessing they're just going to wrap up the whole killer thing as quickly as possible in the next couple episodes so that the show can focus more on an epilogue about her situation.

It's seriously hard to remember that this show didn't start off as yet another Key style save the troubled girl touch feely story though, just a stop the murderer and chain of events in general story thriller with a bit more of an ensemble cast and some sub plots one. Now the whole murderer/time travel thing feels like a subplot and the whole Kayo thing with her mother and murder in the past the main arc.
PeacingOutFeb 25, 2016 1:07 PM
Feb 25, 2016 1:07 PM

Oct 2011
This episode stirred my emotions so many times that I just had to increase my score for the show from 9 to 10

Feb 25, 2016 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
Man, is so fucking obvius that the serial killer is the teacher.

And Sachiko, best mom ever.
Cried with Kayo.
Feb 25, 2016 1:11 PM

Dec 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Drake1000 said:

That is depending on how much it even chooses to focus on things that aren't centered around Kayo anymore. From what I've heard there was an interview with the director where he basically hinted as much at the team really wanting to emphasize the Kayo character as much as possible compared to the second half and warning that certain scenes might be switched around to get her in them or changed in terms of emphasis and focus to include her more. At this rate I'm guessing they're just going to wrap up the whole killer thing as quickly as possible in the next couple episodes so that the show can focus more on an epilogue about her situation.

It's seriously hard to remember that this show didn't start off as yet another Key style save the troubled girl touch feely story though, just a stop the murderer and chain of events in general story thriller with a bit more of an ensemble cast and some sub plots one. Now the whole murderer/time travel thing feels like a subplot and the whole Kayo thing with her mother and murder in the past the main arc.

Now I can't actually disagree on that. Seems from a manga reader's point of view, they do focus way too much on Kayo's situation even if she's the first victim.
The thing is that it's too slow paced for a full 12 episodes adaption.
Feb 25, 2016 1:23 PM

Jun 2010
Didn't see an anime episode stopping here... But it is a pretty good pause-moment.
Even though it's not going to go the way most viewers probably assume it will...
Feb 25, 2016 1:24 PM

Jun 2015
I felt relieved when I saw Kayo well and alive but is it really gonna continue?

"Am I in the way here?"
"yeah"

lol
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 25, 2016 1:25 PM
Jan 2009
Wow, this episode felt way too short.
Feb 25, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
"Beautiful" is the only word to describe the second half of this episode, since it showed the centre of what the whole story REALLY is about.

We also finally got a glimpse of Aya.
Feb 25, 2016 1:27 PM

Dec 2015
eworm said:
Didn't see an anime episode stopping here... But it is a pretty good pause-moment.
Even though it's not going to go the way most viewers probably assume it will...

Aren't you worried about how the adaptation is going on right now?
I think it's slightly too slow paced for a 12 episodes adaptation. Unless they expand the episodes count which is unlikely...
Feb 25, 2016 1:27 PM

Feb 2016
I cry cry...

only a few anime managed to do that to me

5/5
Feb 25, 2016 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
uzee said:
This episode stirred my emotions so many times that I just had to increase my score for the show from 9 to 10

felt the exact same
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Feb 25, 2016 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
I loved this episode. I don't remember crying so much with an anime since Clannad After Story. The last scene was so touching, poor kayo.... also satoru's mom is just the best, really.

Now, I haven't read the manga so judging by what people are saying, apparently there's still a lot of plot left so aaaah i'm worried... I really hope this won't be rushed... I don't want this anime to be ruined by the last episodes :/
Feb 25, 2016 1:36 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
Sachiko is like the best mother ever.
Kayo crying over the breakfast was so sweet and heartwarming to see.

Satoru- "Get a grip! You're 29!" - Loved that part.

Kayo returns home. Satoru and Sachiko about to confront Kayo's Mom.
Santoryu_XBurnerFeb 25, 2016 2:02 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 25, 2016 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
I am getting very, VERY suspicious of the teacher. He said he knew where she was, although if you play devil's advocate, maybe he was just bluffing. But his behavior, and the murderer in Satoru's mind tbh, were very suspicious.

I was honestly getting a tiny bit irked that Kayo hadn't cried yet, considering all she had been through. I was so happy to see those tears in this episode. That was beautiful.
Feb 25, 2016 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
4 more epsiodes to go. Lets hope it can stay this perfecct
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Feb 25, 2016 1:41 PM

Oct 2015
Why the murder flee that night?
Time to face the evil like a family.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Feb 25, 2016 1:44 PM

Feb 2015
wow, that first scene before the OP was really scary as hell. Thank god she is okay.
nothing serious happened in this episode.....so next episode gonna be very seriously insane. but the time where Satoru and his friends were helping Kayo, that was a nice moments, especially when Kayo stayed at Satoru's house. that is really nice to see.
DAT tears though..... i feel like i'm seriously glad she can finally feel a warm feeling like that...experience something like that ;_;
Now i'm getting a thought that the culprit wasn't the teacher.
i must prepared for next week. i bet next episode will be insane.

"Am I in the way here?"
"yeah"
LOL XD XD

The rating is rising again. from 9.12 to 9.13 and it's still 8 episode, so 4 episode left.
i can't wait to see what will happen to the rating.
YizelTroFeb 25, 2016 1:48 PM
Feb 25, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2016
This is warm and calm episode i'm starting to worry again,My chest is heavy in that breakfast scene.
Feb 25, 2016 1:45 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
VanishingKira said:
4 episodes left,how many chapters left to adapt?
They're done 23 chapters out of 44, so 21 left. And the last 21 chapters are much longer.

It's easier to look at it this way: 3½/8 volumes done.

Idk, how they'll do the rest in 4 episode.
Feb 25, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
Omg when Kayo started crying after seeing the breakfast I did too. Poor child.

LOL Satoru learn to say things in ur mind "am i in the way?" "yes."

Dat teacher tho...he's just so suspicious. If he turns out innocent i feel like i'll be disappointed, but at the same time if he is then it was just so obvious. WHAT TO DO.

Drake1000 said:
Kayo x Mom filler fanservice, if you have that much time on your hands then why don't you do a faithful adaptation without skipping content?

The mom and Kayo bath scene was filler? It was a good one then. It was nice seeing Kayo experience the normal life. Hardly fan service unless ur turned on by little girls. They didn't focus to much on the mom's nudity either.
InugirlzFeb 25, 2016 1:54 PM
Feb 25, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2013
This was a heartwarming episode. Dem feels ;_;
Feb 25, 2016 1:53 PM

Nov 2014
Satoru's Mom is best. Mother of the decade.
Feb 25, 2016 1:53 PM

Apr 2013
beatiful episode. kayo should just stay with satoru and his mom no need for an orphanage or a different foster family, but i guess satoru wants her to be as far away from the play of her murder as possible
i really really hope the teacher is just a teacher who is helping
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.