Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 23, 2016 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
End of Summer trial huh? For some reason, this episode reminded me a bit of Free! (mostly because of Takeru)

The race was nice, thrilling enough despite squeezed into the final half. I think it's because this episode had more stake on the line. Some of the rivalries are getting a bit interesting though :o

Feb 23, 2016 6:24 AM

Nov 2007
Toward final. Father back in Japan.

Green hair guy (Aoi-san) is a new relationer for his team. lol @ getting excited. Wait, father is the coach of another school, not just that, brother of Kimura-san's character.

Nobu's character opponent, Kakki's character, is too proud. It seems like the relationer has data of all players, so even if he didn't meet up before, he knows how to instruct them. They are really fast. A past showing of father doing his work on stride and left.

ED showing how Kimura-san's character chasing his brother. His brother did came to talk to him.

Water park ep. next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 23, 2016 8:27 AM

Jan 2015
Another "Terms" by the teacher, but this time including the boys to finish it. even so, none of them are having the correct answers

That's the spirit, get ready for the "final" battle.
MasceraFeb 23, 2016 8:37 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 23, 2016 8:44 AM

May 2014
The final battle...
Free feels in this one tho
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 23, 2016 9:06 AM

Sep 2015
Mmmmmh, I wonder how they can beat this team ... unless they all transform into super sayajin xD
Feb 23, 2016 9:15 AM

Oct 2008
Welp double family relation drama... That's the second surprised "dad???" i've seen in just two days.

That's a really huge gap in ability they have though. Kind of painful watching how they lost. Honan really needs to improve, in particular Riku, after he gets over his brother complex.

Looks like a breather next episode. That fujobait in the preview, man...
Feb 23, 2016 9:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Interesting pasts for all three main characters. I'm liking this a lot atm.
Feb 23, 2016 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
In a way, Riku is right... Takeru is really alike his brother, both too obsessive. But still, it felt a bit cruel to say this for some reason. But maybe it's just me.

Wow, the "Oh, let's get rid of all the suckers and get the best of the best instead" is rally annoyingf attitude, epsically when you recall it's a high school team. Of course, football and basketball and whatever players do it all the time, but not in the high school level.

The guys with pink hair was so annoying I could punch him. Really. Even if you're fast, so what? It doesn't make you any better person. Just and a vain eoist.

And about what Tomoe said to Kyouhei... I think Kyouhei could tell him the same. This guy abonded his team for another, so since when he's the one talk?!

Feb 23, 2016 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
Sakurai's father is back in Japan!

The race was nice!
Feb 23, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2015
I liked this episode, even though I think the voice actor of Tomoe is kind of wrong.. His voice doesn't match Tomoes face expressions and looks not a bit..
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Feb 23, 2016 10:42 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, Honan were outplayed and outmatched even after they're training.

I think they forced the drama a bit especially the whole Tomoe and Kyouske thing. They run once and now Tomoe seems to disregard Kyouske's motivation and abilities. To me it felt like they are antagonizing Tomoe just for creating the drama, He seemed a nice enough guy in the Riku flashback xD

Still good episode nonetheless, The race was really interesting and showed a marked difference in the abilities of both teams, Those mid leg accelerations were really awesome and pretty much left Honan in the dust.
Feb 23, 2016 10:50 AM

Feb 2015
not bad. I find this show to be average not anything special but still entertaining. The dialogue at some points are kind of shaky and character development is not really present but the visuals and style really make up for it.
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Feb 23, 2016 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
Why is next episode a filler after this dramatic episode? geez
Feb 23, 2016 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
The comedy was refreshing and quite natural. Kohinata the sleeping dragon, lol.

Kakyoin is one damn perfect team. Better than Saisei, and this is their first game.

Reunion of the Yagami brothers. Wonder what kind of words they'll exchange in the next episode.
Feb 23, 2016 11:28 AM

Feb 2015
Damn, the angst and then a filler episode to follow.
Feb 23, 2016 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
So Nana's dad and Riku's onii-san are in Kakyoin. The whole team now has their minds filled with a lot of things. And on top of that, Kakyoin is toying with them – letting them catch up and then instantly accelerating away. Riku has to get over his "I can't beat my onii-san" mindset and not care about who he's up against. Nana should also not care about anything else and just believe in her teammates and do her best. Kyouseke might not have much problems since his mindset looks like it's good as he is giving it his best like always. And Fujiwara is getting depressed that he couldn't run faster even though he gives it his all. These guys need to get their act together.

And in the next episode we will get Nana in a bikini. But it'll be hard to not see the half naked dudes around her.... But at least there will be Nana in a bikini to look at.
Feb 23, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
How is it possible to not know what your father does for work?
Feb 23, 2016 12:24 PM

Sep 2010
komasan said:
Welp double family relation drama... That's the second surprised "dad???" i've seen in just two days.

I know, right!? LOL! XD Wow, I didn't think Sakurai's dad would be really involved with Stride.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Feb 23, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
This episode has me super conflicted, my feelings are all over the place.

For example I feel bad for both Tomoe and Riku, no one is wrong between the two of them. Neither understand the other and I can't really root for either. Riku just needs to get out of his pessimistic attitude but he can't blame Tomoe for being who he is.

As for Tomoe and Kyousuke...I was getting the vibes that Tomoe was indirectly telling Kyousuke he wasn't good enough to run with him anymore, and if that's the case my view of Tomoe went down. Unless he was only implying that he understands Kyousuke is more concerned with being with his team than anything else and that's why they can't run together anymore.

Also those circus twins. It is very logical for them to win, and I don't dislike them per se (although they're a bit arrogant).

Also I'm seeing some bad parenting. Leave your daughter with the grandparents huh? Why couldn't you take her with you?
Feb 23, 2016 1:55 PM

Oct 2015
Riku's brother return was a surprise... A bit. Was obviously, sakurai's father, that really was a surprise.
Hajime's athletic skills are amazing. All the race excited me. Except the end. Not by the defeat, but Tomoe attitude.
Riku's feel about Tomoe finally reveals.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Feb 23, 2016 2:54 PM

Oct 2014
Nice, finally some despair. I want to see how they overcome it, though i think we all know how its gonna end anyways..
Feb 23, 2016 3:03 PM
Jul 2015
lol Kohinata wtf

the drama tho
Feb 23, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
Damn they got completely overwhelmed. The other relationer had never met the runners but he instructed them very well. Looks like next weeks episode is gonna be fun!
Feb 23, 2016 3:33 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Decent episode. Next episode being a filler sucks

3/5
Feb 23, 2016 3:42 PM

Apr 2015
Other Yagami brother is back; so far feeling nothing about Tomoe, but Riku's flashback of him seems a bit off. The race was interesting with a far more talented team and with Nana's father on the other side.
Feb 23, 2016 4:48 PM

Jun 2014
Accelority said:
I liked this episode, even though I think the voice actor of Tomoe is kind of wrong.. His voice doesn't match Tomoes face expressions and looks not a bit..
So i'm not the only one who thought that , His Voice sounds Cheeerful & Gentle but he always has an inexpressive face , that looks super weird , he should have the same voice tone as Takeru
Feb 23, 2016 5:11 PM

Aug 2015
The episode was great. Not surprised at all they got beat that bad.
Feb 23, 2016 6:02 PM
Dec 2013
They already had the two boys that reminded me of Rei and Nagisa and now that pink hair guy just makes me think of his section of the race as land Haru and land Rin racing together, oh dear.
Damn Honan got reckt, maybe the final race won't be about winning the race but winning the hearts of the people they've grown apart from :O Also, Princess of Stride, so the guy you get together with in the game becomes the Prince eh, thought they wouldn't put a title like that in the anime content itself.
Feb 23, 2016 7:22 PM

May 2015
Very interesting chapter, I enjoyed seeing Nana's father and Riku's brother I did not expect it... I liked the race... The twins and their acrobat, the one that said: "God gave him speed, I was saying to myself that cocky bastard it has to be impossible it has to be a figure of speech, but "f*ck" as soon as he started running he was gone... Riku's brother was extremely fast too but that was expected. Before this I was thinking Saise was in the final but seeing this episode I think Kakyoin (This team is stacked) will be the ones that are going to race in the final…
Feb 23, 2016 9:49 PM

Mar 2012
I half expected Ryotaro Okiayu's character to finish "yudan sezu" with "ni ikou".
Don't let your guard down!
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Feb 23, 2016 10:40 PM

Oct 2011
OMG RIKU NOOOO T__T Don't say that to Fujiwar T__T </3
Feb 24, 2016 7:43 AM

Jan 2012
When the other relationer was talking to Nana, it reminded me of Divine Gate... of the annoying monologue ><

Anyway are half of the people who do Stride jerks??
Feb 24, 2016 7:50 AM

Jan 2015
I saw that coming, about riku's brother and sakurai's dad
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2016 8:40 AM

Nov 2014
Woah her dad was the creator of stride?
Hi there
Feb 24, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2016
Loving this serie :) I really don't mind of the next episode will be more fun than dramatic,because I like this serie's comedy.
Overall 5/5 imo This serie is getting better and better.
Feb 24, 2016 11:01 AM

Sep 2013
So good :'(
All that emotion, the interpersonal feelings the characters feels and the pressure is so well conceived :'(

Riku is also in the wrong because he can't understand Tomoe's drive and Tomoe is not paying enough attention to his teammates.

10/10
Feb 24, 2016 11:20 AM

May 2014
Great now we have the King of Stride and the Princess
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 24, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
your father invents an entire new sport and you just don't know about it? hmm k
Feb 24, 2016 11:45 AM

Feb 2015
Nice Race! final tournament...can't wait for it.
i'm really glad, it was just a time trial. if it was a real thing.......
and tbh i really like the race in this episode especially for the newcomers :D
but it's a little bit pissing me off because it was like they were looking down to Honan.
(i just realize the director of this anime is a girl....and she was NGNL director too LOL)
Feb 24, 2016 2:53 PM

Dec 2014
OMG i don't even care about this episode, Sakurai in a bikini next episode ppl. The rarity makes it all the more valuable
Feb 24, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2011
the classic import players move.
insane acrobatic skills, so amazing!! the izumino twins look so cool.
I'm really curious about Ida Amatsu just how fast can he go and what did he do to achieve it?!

( I think I also spotted the other team that was also involved in the KGB?)
KomomoFeb 24, 2016 3:02 PM
Feb 24, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2013
Axelucard said:
your father invents an entire new sport and you just don't know about it? hmm k

Nana's father isn't the one that invented Stride but he's the reason why Stride became popular in Japan.

"The only one who can beat me is me."
Feb 24, 2016 9:53 PM

Jan 2014
Haru's in Stride so Rin had to show up sometime. Riku's brother needs to trip on his pretty face and have his team crushed by Honan in the future.
Feb 24, 2016 11:08 PM

Jul 2012
Finally caught up with this show.

I'm pretty satisfied with how well the angst was handled. I thought it would be worse. The game was super intense, too.

The new team was really interesting but they skipped through a big chunk in the middle to get to the last part of the race.
Feb 25, 2016 3:08 AM

Mar 2015
Imo this ep was alright. I think i was just annoyed at how quickly they got defeated. I just want them to be better, is that so much to ask? I want that epic moment (probs gonna happen at final) where they beat the crap out of everyone. *sighs*

But yeah this ep also seemed a little rushed and like they just wanted everything in there. The feels still got to me, other than that i have nothing left to say.
Feb 25, 2016 5:19 AM

Sep 2013
Mayuka said:
Finally caught up with this show.

I'm pretty satisfied with how well the angst was handled. I thought it would be worse. The game was super intense, too.

The new team was really interesting but they skipped through a big chunk in the middle to get to the last part of the race.

The new team is like Real Madrid which has a bunch star player, and the manager too lol
Feb 25, 2016 8:23 AM

May 2009
I think it's high time I dropped this.
It's just so... dead. All that angst feels so artificial. The characters don't even know what characteristics they have. Their reactions are so bland. So windsock.
It's such a timewaste and an eyesore now. ugh. This show could have been so much more.

"Think about what you can do to defeat them next time" and we have a bikini episode upcoming. Wow. Really really the only way to get better.
Yeah. I'm done with this.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 25, 2016 5:56 PM

Nov 2015
didn't expect that, the race was amazing.

Riku's brother is back and Nana's father is back as well. Interesting.

Feb 26, 2016 9:25 AM

Dec 2012
Big family reunions this episode.
Damn, they made Honan their bitch. Last episode feels way too predictable now.
Riku sucks for quitting like that, he was mad at his bro just because Tomoe had the work ethic to be great.
Feb 27, 2016 8:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
All I have to say is bruuuuuh
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2016

157 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 14, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2016

75 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 10, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2016

53 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 8, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2016

56 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 6, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2016

62 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 24, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.