Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 13, 2016 1:52 PM

Dec 2013
Don't care if they're rushing. I still love this series to bits!
The only way I'll be upset is if they don't adapt Rory's arc (which I can't see happening, I think this show is popular enough).

Loved the focus on Leilei today, and with the peace talks breaking down, I cannot wait to see how they adapt the repercussions.

Special mention to Sugawara and his 12 year old stalker/wife-to-be. With an intellect like hers, he's never going to be able to escape.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 13, 2016 3:52 PM

Jan 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
RedArmyShogun said:
They skipped and have changed waaaay more than that.

The departure this episode made from the manga and source material was large enough that I now consider this a stand alone. Give they cut out huge swaths of information, change a good deal of the main sceane, and have shoe horned in an event thats happening RIGHT NOW in the manga...either we are in filler hell, or the studio was allowed creative liabilities, or some sort of other deal was made. Hell if I know. If it follows the Novel I guess thats fine as well, but translations for that are fairly difficult to find.

Wonder how both differ so widly..oh well still a good show, just can't use the manga for a future look any more.

Dude i just freakin explained that this is a Light Novel adaptation not the manga right above your comment ....The Manga is not the orignal source...they really have not skipped anything...that minatour arc was a freakn side story they came out AFTER the main series.

They just added it in the manga...God people dont even bother reading before commenting >.>

I have no idea who you are, and frankly didn't give a shit to read your post.

Sue me. They have also changed things from the LN in this adoption as well. But oh well.
Feb 13, 2016 5:30 PM

Feb 2013
Lelei has a sister... that scene was amusing.

Psycho-prince is about to take over. I look forward to the battle?
Feb 13, 2016 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
Vaelore said:
Jarjaxle said:

I say.. I think you are naive, Zorzal May have started this when he conquered her country, but she Betrayed her people ( Check manga, anime is not mentioning any things this bitch did at that time) and caused her peoples surrender by doing that. and It is not Zorzal fault if this Bitch Wants to be Uchiha-Sasuke-Wannabe!

You are also wrong. She never betrayed her people, Zorzal just never kept his promise and slaughtered her people anyway. The bunny girls just never saw the whole picture and presumed Tyuule betrayed them. Having both her own people and the empire at her throat, she pretty much got her heart blackened.

Hmm...well...can somewhat agree with that....but, that still won't make this bunny righteous, if she plan to cause War by getting her revenge. and Her People were ready to fight to the end.. I know that they would have defeated, most likely, in the end, but that was their own decision...by doing what she did, she somewhat as good as spit into their face by trying to make that deal..
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 13, 2016 10:40 PM

Feb 2010
I have got to find a translation of the novel. I might get more out of the story that way.

At first I was sad to see they skipped the Minotaur since it meant running out of content faster. However I then realized it also skipped the zombie virus so that's always a plus. I wonder where it would go from here.
Feb 14, 2016 12:01 AM
Feb 2009
I love that wicked grin Tyuule flashed at the end! I find her to be an interesting villain, partly because of her tragic back-story, and being voiced by Ami Koshimizu doesn't hurt. Remember, she wants the Empire to be destroyed, as her revenge, and having a war between it and Japan is the best way to do that.

She might have been haughty and arrogant when she was Queen (the manga doesn't show much) but she did honestly give up to Zolzal in order to save her people. She knew she wasn't going to be treated kindly but it was her only hope to save her clan. But then Zolzal went against his word and slaughtered her people, telling them that she agreed to it. That's why the bunnies hate Tyuule and why she is angry with them for not believing in her.

Ideally, she should just kill Zolzal and it's her desire to involve innocents in her vengeance that makes her a villain. I imagine she will die at the end of all this (although I hope not) but hopefully she'll take Zolzal with her.
Feb 14, 2016 5:18 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that has good ideas, though, even this time around is debased just happy choices and inconsistencies that make a little turn up their noses, one of these is the death of the emperor, too trivial. Drawings and animations are great, even too much for this anime series, it seems almost a waste.

It's true when they say that is the dress to make the monaco. Lelei is almost unrecognizable now.
Feb 14, 2016 8:16 AM

Jul 2008
The king is gone and it won't be long now before Tyuule get rid of the prince too.

I forgotten Lelei has an older sister lol, guessed my memories of season 1 are fading :P I feel for her older sister because Lelei has most of the best things happening to her.

After seeing Pina's loyal female knight (not as much screentime compared to her time in season 1), this season made her group feel irrelevant and almost non-existent other than a mere few short appearances.
Feb 14, 2016 9:19 AM

Sep 2014
That f*cking bunny. Seriously. I don't even feel bad anymore for her being a sex slave.

This b*tch. If she was a real f*cking bunny, she would've been roasted like a pig in my country.
Feb 14, 2016 10:03 AM

Sep 2014
W-Well. ..2nd arc is starting strong.

RIP king. Things will turn for the worse now that the son is going to be incharge.
Feb 14, 2016 10:09 AM

Nov 2015
RedArmyShogun said:

Sue me. They have also changed things from the LN in this adoption as well. But oh well.

no they didnt, you just dont have any fucking idea of what you're talking about
Feb 14, 2016 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
PukingMachines said:
RedArmyShogun said:

no they didnt, you just dont have any fucking idea of what you're talking about

The shit storm on /A/ and r/anime says otherwise, but each to his own. And looking at your profile, I could add lots of insults. Lets just say we agree to disagree.

Overall short of being disappointed, this matters little to me, I'll just see it as a stand alone. Its how I deal with most shitty adaptions. Base the value on what it is rather than what it should be.
Feb 14, 2016 12:58 PM
Aug 2015
BurntJelly said:
Lelei has a sister... that scene was amusing.

Psycho-prince is about to take over. I look forward to the battle?

Psycho prince is like the Cersei Lannister of GATE. Somewhat cunning but not as smart as he thinks he is. Also, he's pretty much being manipulated by Tyuule who i'm sure whispers and flatters him in the direction she wants him to go.

That being said, his brother is a lot more perceptive and cunning. I imagine we'll be seeing him before the season's done. Can't wait.
Feb 14, 2016 2:28 PM
Apr 2014
It's about time(especially after that shit talking after finding out who beat the dragon). Really expected the prince to kill his father but I guess having the bunny slave helping him out works, too.

Now I'm really curious what the shitty prince is going to do. Does he want to get beaten up one more time? "deliberately didn't respond"? Yea sure. You weren't outclassed at all. You let yourself get beaten up. Who is supposed to believe that? Man this is going to be fun. Can't wait to see him suffer again :D
Feb 14, 2016 2:36 PM

Apr 2015
Since Itami is a noble now and has gotten the liking of many tribes/race, he should kick off the prince and install himself.
#CHEXIT
Feb 14, 2016 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
And now begins the coup d'état... That little crown prince is a real eyesore to watch. Not to mention his annoying voice.
Feb 14, 2016 8:38 PM

Jun 2013
Fuck bunny bitch, man. Now things go to shit, lol.
Feb 14, 2016 9:21 PM

Nov 2014
Mage city, huh? Wonder how this'll turn out.
Rest plays out normally, though I did like Tyuule's smile.
Feb 15, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2014
Oh mannnnnnnnnn Shit's going down now! Also, adorable bitch big sister. shes so cute.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 16, 2016 1:49 AM
Mar 2010
what happened to the zombies and minotour.
Feb 16, 2016 8:16 AM

Nov 2013
htsuji said:
I'm sure you thought Sherry was just an attaching cute puppy or something before you realized how she was smart and deliberating her future, didn't you, Mr. Sugawara?

How people there would see her acts? Firstly, most of them just thought a very cute girl of high society attached to the foreign diplomat everywhere innocently, and then she introduced herself to his boss, a woman and the most important diplomat, where the imperial people very afraid of Japan could know the diplomat was just an ordinary woman, who casually had a talk with the kid.

... in the end, she showed him her true color, not evil at all but incredibly smart. Then, Sugawara said to himself...

Notice me, S... Sugawara-sama.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 16, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2013
Genix said:
Nice. Politics, with a visit to a Magic City. Eh, this could be interesting. So bunny girl will keep pulling the strings from the shadows and try to control the Crown Prince, newly-made Emperor.

Well, even if they want to do that, it wouldn't amount to all that much. Nippon still has superiority in arms and in numbers.

I think, that's her plan. Starting a war and let the empire be destroyed.
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 16, 2016 12:16 PM
Mar 2013
TheBigGuy said:

Or rather, I have a feeling that he has noticed that he doesn't have a chance to escape from her anymore. She is twelve years old now and the Japanese law defines the minimum legal age for marriage for women is sixteen. Did you remember what she said there?

"In just four more years, I'll be the perfect woman for you."
htsujiFeb 16, 2016 12:21 PM
Feb 16, 2016 12:33 PM

Nov 2013
htsuji said:
TheBigGuy said:

Or rather, I have a feeling that he has noticed that he doesn't have a chance to escape from her anymore. She is twelve years old now and the Japanese law defines the minimum legal age for marriage for women is sixteen. Did you remember what she said there?

"In just four more years, I'll be the perfect woman for you."

You have a point there.
Feb 16, 2016 7:07 PM

Oct 2008
The emperor is now ded.
LOL Lelei is a fast learner of driving!
Itami got commendations! nice one!
Rory always wants to avoid "Hardy" at all costs! haha
Lelei have an elder sister chick!
4/5.

Feb 18, 2016 9:23 PM
Nov 2012
[quote=TheBigGuy message=44761617]
htsuji said:
I'm sure you thought Sherry was just an attaching cute puppy or something.

Pina, who grew up in the Imperial Court and had her own political agenda at Sherry's age, approves.
Feb 18, 2016 10:28 PM

Jan 2015
Leilei taking preparations to debut in Initial D it seems
He got possession of the dark elf woman, if it was me I'd have broken the law by now hehe
Dafaq, Hardy is translated as "her" so it's a girl. She wanted a bushfire with Rory but she's straight so nope.
Itami getting Otou-san zoned but he got Rory so he doesn't give a fuck.
Rondel seems quite modern considering the timeline, magic is involved so it's got that feel.
It's good that Leilei is finally getting some character development
Leilei looks nice in that outfit!
Leilei is scoring some kawaii points, it's good shit!
Her Onee-chan is nice, got cannons. And is a bit jealous but it's all gag not actual jealousy.
Sugawara got women and lolis falling for him left, right and center. This guy is set for life, got a harem, nothing more needed.
The loli showing that she's "smart", trying to impress Sugawara, Pina likes him as well. The man is SET.
King's drink was poisoned, but he'll survive I think.
Good build up for the next episode.
This was not a bad episode, so far so good. 3/5
Feb 19, 2016 3:01 AM

Dec 2012
Inviting Leilei really stinks of a bad flag.
& the emperor bites the dust.

Enjoyable episode, expected twist at the end though.
Feb 20, 2016 9:58 AM

Aug 2012
Lelei have a sister...well, curvy sister indeed :D

And that girl...i suggest if 12 her real age(like Loli Mercuria, hmm....)
Feb 20, 2016 10:49 AM

Jun 2009
hayka said:
At the start everyone was on Tyuule's side having to be a sex slave and thing but what about now? Who's side are you on?

She's clearly a sympathetic villain. She sacrificed herself in an attempt to save her people, but to what avail? She became a sex-slave, her people slaughtered or enslaved, and they all hate her based on the Empire's lies.

Now, embittered by her experiences, and angry that someone like the JSDF didn't arrive in time to save her or her people, she wants to take it out on the whole Empire. Wrong, and evil, but justified.

If you've read the manga, which elaborates slightly more on the matter, you see that she's genuinely sad because no one cares about her/everyone hates her guts. Not her people, not Delilah, not the JSDF, not the Empire.

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about her character overall, but I 100% do not agree with the people in this thread who are like: "What an evil b*tch, I hope she dies."
Feb 20, 2016 8:30 PM

Aug 2011
rioplats said:
hayka said:
At the start everyone was on Tyuule's side having to be a sex slave and thing but what about now? Who's side are you on?

She's clearly a sympathetic villain. She sacrificed herself in an attempt to save her people, but to what avail? She became a sex-slave, her people slaughtered or enslaved, and they all hate her based on the Empire's lies.

Now, embittered by her experiences, and angry that someone like the JSDF didn't arrive in time to save her or her people, she wants to take it out on the whole Empire. Wrong, and evil, but justified.

If you've read the manga, which elaborates slightly more on the matter, you see that she's genuinely sad because no one cares about her/everyone hates her guts. Not her people, not Delilah, not the JSDF, not the Empire.

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about her character overall, but I 100% do not agree with the people in this thread who are like: "What an evil b*tch, I hope she dies."

Thought I was the only one. You make some good insights which I agree with but does the end justify the means? I don't like her methods especially in the latest episode, episode 7 but I guess that's either the only way available to her or the most efficient way but either way, I can't too say that I agree with it.
Feb 21, 2016 9:14 AM

Jun 2009
hayka said:

Thought I was the only one. You make some good insights which I agree with but does the end justify the means? I don't like her methods especially in the latest episode, episode 7 but I guess that's either the only way available to her or the most efficient way but either way, I can't too say that I agree with it.

Mmhmm, clearly she's taken it a step too far. She's now willing to sacrifice anything and anyone to get her revenge against Zorzal and the Empire, including murdering innocents (though Molt was in no way innocent. He was almost as bad as Zorzal).

I'm not sure how the Light Novel goes, but I'm hoping she makes a turnabout at some point. Right now, her character is still redeemable. At least that's how I see it. I mean, Yao is arguably worse at this point.
Feb 22, 2016 10:23 AM

Dec 2009
Lol the music was so dramatic for that silly scene introducing Lelei's sister.

htsuji said:
She blushed. Exactly, she isn't an emotionless girl and can make both an evil smile and a shy blush, and a decisive facial expression when it should be so.
No "emotionless" girl in any anime manga or game is truly emotionless to my knowledge, unless they have a mental disability, nor are they expressionless. It's hard to define them because they tend to not shape their face much, however these characters are often more emotional than their peers. As we saw in the last episode, she totally snapped and went crazy for a minute (gap-moe hard to resist). One could call it "vulcan personality" maybe, fierce underneath but hard to control and hides it all. In anime terms, moe-stoic i guess?

htsuji said:

Lolis that mean business are hard to deny.
GenesisAriaFeb 22, 2016 10:32 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 22, 2016 2:53 PM

Aug 2011
rioplats said:
hayka said:

I'm not sure how the Light Novel goes, but I'm hoping she makes a turnabout at some point. Right now, her character is still redeemable. At least that's how I see it. I mean, Yao is arguably worse at this point.

Feb 22, 2016 3:02 PM

Jun 2009
hayka said:

GrimanirFeb 22, 2016 3:26 PM
Feb 22, 2016 5:28 PM

Aug 2011
rioplats said:
hayka said:

The webnovel finish long ago. It finish with 5 web volumes then those 5 was made into 10 Light Novel volumes which also finished a long time ago. The anime has gone through about 6 volumes of the LN or 3 volumes of the web novel. So if you search hard enough, you might ind all LNs well it it will be in Japanese but I guess its better than nothing.
Feb 23, 2016 8:39 AM

Jun 2009
hayka said:
The webnovel finish long ago. It finish with 5 web volumes then those 5 was made into 10 Light Novel volumes which also finished a long time ago. The anime has gone through about 6 volumes of the LN or 3 volumes of the web novel. So if you search hard enough, you might ind all LNs well it it will be in Japanese but I guess its better than nothing.

Yeah, I found that the webnovel spanned from 2006 to 2009. But seriously, I can't find it anywhere lol. My Japanese is decidedly mediocre, but it doesn't help if I can't even source it. xD
Feb 25, 2016 11:40 PM

Aug 2013
Oops he's dead.. hahahaha.
All that Sugawara-sama LOL.
Feb 26, 2016 4:05 AM

Sep 2015
TheBigGuy said:
htsuji said:
I'm sure you thought Sherry was just an attaching cute puppy or something before you realized how she was smart and deliberating her future, didn't you, Mr. Sugawara?

How people there would see her acts? Firstly, most of them just thought a very cute girl of high society attached to the foreign diplomat everywhere innocently, and then she introduced herself to his boss, a woman and the most important diplomat, where the imperial people very afraid of Japan could know the diplomat was just an ordinary woman, who casually had a talk with the kid.

... in the end, she showed him her true color, not evil at all but incredibly smart. Then, Sugawara said to himself...

MARKED HER TERRITORY like a Fucking BOSS lol. Sugawara your doomed lol that's your future wife :O . He said my country doesn't recognize 12 year old kids as women, Pina let him know yea that's not how it works here. His boss's reaction was priceless as well, you better not be a pedo XD

Lots of humor in this episode, 5/5.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 4, 2016 3:35 AM

May 2010
That's the most energetic anime grandma I've ever seen.

I thought the emperor was going to be a major villain, it felt like he had some kind of plan all along (maybe to get weapons from Japan or something) I guess not.

That damned prince isn't going to last long though. The bunny is going to kill him soon. I guess, Pina's time to rule the kingdom isn't far away.

Loli part was the best.
Mar 6, 2016 7:49 PM
Jan 2014
The minotaur arc never happened in the novel at this point, it was a ret-con side-story that happened in a gaiden novel published years later. The manga artist adds a lot of these extra chapters since he follows the chronological order, not novelization order.
Mar 11, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
Arpeggio is so jealous xD Not that I blame her, Lelei has access to knowledge that is literally from another world. While new knowledge is good sometimes too much knowledge at once can be pretty dangerous. Especially if that knowledge is misused and misunderstood. Hopefully the inhabitants of the gate world can handle it and don't harm themselves in the process.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Mar 19, 2016 6:50 AM

Jun 2008
Sugawara dude, you got a loli. Stop mellowing and just accept it.
Mar 19, 2016 7:10 AM

Jun 2008
Genix said:
Nice. Politics, with a visit to a Magic City. Eh, this could be interesting. So bunny girl will keep pulling the strings from the shadows and try to control the Crown Prince, newly-made Emperor.

Well, even if they want to do that, it wouldn't amount to all that much. Nippon still has superiority in arms and in numbers.

Now, it's gonna be nice to see how Lelei will surprise the other old farts at the Academy. Applying what she's learned from Earth-based science to the field of magic would make her an extremely powerful and renowned Mage in that world, even considering her tender age.

But the bunny girl doesn't care about the empire. She actually wants the empire to be destroyed so Japan's superiority is nbo issue for her.
Mar 28, 2016 12:42 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Really interesting development and well I am curious to see how Lelei will do :3
Apr 28, 2016 2:58 AM

Mar 2012
Welp, chalk up another king who's gotten killed by poison.
Apr 29, 2016 4:48 AM

Apr 2011
Damn, Itami have ownership of Yao. He now has a hot dark elf. He has a nice set of harem of mixed races.

Lelei really looks great in that uniform. Her blushing from Itami's response is really cute.

Yah. That bitch Tyuule strikes again.
May 6, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
So, having around with an elf is special, but thats it is in fact two, one of them a dark elf is not important and Rory isn't even a runner-up, but not mentioned at all? Well, at least Leilei's sister got her priorieties straight.

Anyways, the emperor wanted to invite Leilei to reward her - while that sounds good at first glance, i'm not sure what he wanted to achieve with this. He was like "you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention" when he was told that Leilei is - at least per definition, living inside the empires borders - an imperial citizen..

Btw, where was the other brother? Why is he never there? What is he doing all the time that is more important than events that will decide the future of the empire, if not the whole world? Given that nobody wonders where he is, it doesn't seem uncommon for him to be absent from such events.
Jun 21, 2016 7:27 PM

Sep 2013
lol poison. I was hoping that sir ex-JSDF writer would have thought of something more plausible...

I seriously wish they just dropped the head onto the capital rather than carefully flying it in.
Jul 12, 2016 9:37 AM

Apr 2009
A noble rank isn't too shabby now isn't it? Even if it's from the backwater province of Elbe.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.