Forum Settings
Forums

The Death Toll From Syria’s War Is Actually 470,000.

New
Feb 11, 2016 10:22 AM

Jan 2012
The Syrian Center for Policy Research says that 11.5% of Syria's population has been killed or injured

The five-year-old war in Syria has claimed 470,000 lives, according to new research that almost doubles previous estimates about the human cost of the conflict.

The Guardian reported details of a report by the Syrian Center for Policy Research, due to be launched in Beirut on Thursday, that says life expectancy in Syria has dropped to just 55.4 years. Before the conflict Syrians could expect to live to the age of 70.

http://time.com/4216896/death-toll-syria-war-470000/
--------------------------------------------------------
That's inhumanity , What UN is doing

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 11, 2016 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
nothing, as usual. then the US will try to stop it, and the world will hate us
i make terrible youtube videos, dont click the link unless you have literally seen everything else in existence
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH8qW8C2w0PNpTGlA-0r_HA
Feb 11, 2016 1:05 PM

Jan 2014
And it will continue to rise until either the US gets its way and Assad is kicked out, or Russia gets its way and control returns to Assad. It's not like either side cares that much for the human cost.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 11, 2016 1:10 PM

Jan 2016
gee, i feel like crying a river now :D
Feb 11, 2016 1:16 PM

Mar 2008
Who are they including in that total? It does not even say.
Feb 11, 2016 1:34 PM

Mar 2011
If verified, that is saddening for this period of human history but aren't there other countries with just as high of death tolls? Maybe this is actually just as bad an era as any other.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Feb 11, 2016 1:38 PM

Oct 2014
Gaddafi Lybia, Saddam Iraq, Assad's Syria.

WHEN YOU TRY CHANGE THE CURRENCY YOU TRADE OIL IN FROM THE DOLLAR YOU DIE!

dont mess with the big boy dollar artificial value, oil backed strength, oh wait Russia, China, Iran,

took them long enough, comes from fearing US aggression and sanctions.
I have a self destructive disease inside that eats away at me,
there is no place for it in this world,
this disease is righteousness.
Feb 11, 2016 1:54 PM

Jan 2012
traed said:
Who are they including in that total?

Not sure what u meant by that but the article says : Syrian people

Feb 11, 2016 2:12 PM

Oct 2014
AllenVonStein said:
traed said:

Yeah Syrian people pretty much sums it up

Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of mothers, sisters, brothers, friends, children, innocents die,

We cant justify a war for economic benefit

so we'll "find" something

And naturally we'll blame it on the muzzlims
I have a self destructive disease inside that eats away at me,
there is no place for it in this world,
this disease is righteousness.
Feb 11, 2016 9:00 PM

Mar 2008
AllenVonStein said:
traed said:

Hit control F and Input "syrian people". It's not in there. They only said it was Syrians when they were talking about the percentage of the population not the total number of deaths related to conflict there.
Feb 12, 2016 2:16 AM

Apr 2015
Anti-Islamists don't give a f*ck.

1 rape victim >>>>>>>>> 1 thousand Syrians dead
#CHEXIT
Feb 12, 2016 2:30 AM

Aug 2013
KnowNothingShiva said:
America helps continue it by supporting the terrorists that want Sharia law for Syria instead of it remaining a secular state under Assad.
Feb 12, 2016 2:33 AM

Jan 2012
traed said:
--------

Did u check the title by any chance ? it says 470,000.

Your question is not clear it seems like u already know the answer

lol what?

Feb 12, 2016 2:37 AM

Aug 2014
This is fucking horrible and it's all the people's fighting fault. Not that I am claiming to know very much about how the syrian war begun, the Assad regime was probably really fucking horrible and fair enough for people trying to rise against it but if syria wasn't unstable then daesh wouldn't have had a change to wage war. Well it's just another proxy war right? US backing the syrian rebels and Russia backing the Assad regime, at least that's how I basically understand it.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Feb 12, 2016 2:45 AM

Mar 2008
AllenVonStein said:
traed said:
--------

Did u check the title by any chance ? it says 470,000.

Your question is not clear it seems like u already know the answer

lol what?

You seem to not understand how to read between lines. Although it can be implied they are Syrian it does not explicitly state it. It does not say if that 470,000 is 100% Syrian or not, it only said 11% of the Syrian population is dead. It does not say if they do or do not included those who are not Syrians. Understand yet? If not I give up.
Feb 12, 2016 3:33 AM

Jan 2012
traed said:
It does not say if that 470,000 is 100% Syrian

ok let's say some of them are not syrian maybe from Lebanon so what?

Feb 12, 2016 3:41 AM

Mar 2014
AllenVonStein said:
traed said:
It does not say if that 470,000 is 100% Syrian

ok let's say some of them are not syrian maybe from Lebanon so what?

Actually, half of this 470.000 death are soldiers from both the government and the opposition (Syrians). So its 235.000 civilians "only" but thats still extremely sad.
Feb 12, 2016 3:42 AM

Mar 2014
Meanwhile, people at the UN be like
Seriously... retarded war is retarded
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 12, 2016 6:47 AM

Jan 2014
Comic_Sans said:

You say that now, but this is just a small step for the US to protect nearby countries like Sweden from Russian aggression. You will thank your American saviours later. America knows what's best.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 12, 2016 7:27 AM

Jan 2012
-Anokata said:

Actually, half of this 470.000 death are soldiers from both the government and the opposition (Syrians)

Do u have any source for that or are u just guessing?

Feb 12, 2016 7:38 AM

Sep 2014
Well if it was true then the Alawites might end up running out of men before the war is over
That is if the War didn't end in a Alawite genocide
Feb 12, 2016 8:04 AM

Mar 2014
AllenVonStein said:
-Anokata said:

Actually, half of this 470.000 death are soldiers from both the government and the opposition (Syrians)

Do u have any source for that or are u just guessing?

I am Syrian so I have lots of infos without internet sources. But its pretty logical considering how many dead soldiers return daily to their villages. Also every three months the Syrian Arab Army is sending trained recruits to crisis regions to backup. And everyone once an adult has to go to the military.
Feb 12, 2016 8:08 AM

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:

You say that now, but this is just a small step for the US to protect nearby countries like Sweden from Russian aggression. You will thank your American saviours later. America knows what's best.
They've been taking that small step for months now

I've had enough

Change now or GFTO
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 12, 2016 2:07 PM
Nov 2015
KnowNothingShiva said:

Well you do know the US helped greatly start the war so yeah "the more you know"
Feb 12, 2016 4:15 PM
Feb 2016
Goddammit.

If there would be a definition for hell, it'd be Syria right now.

Feb 12, 2016 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
You can thank the 1% for destabilizing Syria.

black1blade said:
This is fucking horrible and it's all the people's fighting fault. Not that I am claiming to know very much about how the syrian war begun, the Assad regime was probably really fucking horrible and fair enough for people trying to rise against it but if syria wasn't unstable then daesh wouldn't have had a change to wage war. Well it's just another proxy war right? US backing the syrian rebels and Russia backing the Assad regime, at least that's how I basically understand it.
Here you go amigo: http://www.globalresearch.ca/media-disinformation-the-protest-movement-in-syria/24016
http://www.globalresearch.ca/daraa-2011-syrias-islamist-insurrection-in-disguise/5460547
CabronFeb 12, 2016 5:37 PM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Feb 12, 2016 5:30 PM

Jul 2015
mikebabcocksface said:
KnowNothingShiva said:

Well you do know the US helped greatly start the war so yeah "the more you know"
i'm aware, it's just that i'm just a war loving, blood thirsty american who feels the need to kill
i make terrible youtube videos, dont click the link unless you have literally seen everything else in existence
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH8qW8C2w0PNpTGlA-0r_HA
Feb 12, 2016 6:33 PM

Nov 2009
DrGeroCreation said:
KnowNothingShiva said:
America helps continue it by supporting the terrorists that want Sharia law for Syria instead of it remaining a secular state under Assad.
This. Although I honestly couldn't care what the people the US are supporting want, it isn't our problem.

I would actually take a stab in the dark though and guess that a large portion of the deaths in Syria could be traced back to air raids. While it was a "good idea" to say "no boots on the ground" in an effort to avoid another Iraq war, the answer wasn't "so instead, fly over the country and drop bombs on regions that are potentially hostile . . . although may not be." Defending America's role in the Syrian war, or its "solution" to ending it, is silly. The US, while perhaps not as poor as previous superpowers, has extremely bad foreign policies.
Feb 12, 2016 8:23 PM

Sep 2013
This war is boring, where are all the secret stuff everyone has been developing? giants, alien tech, war machines?
or are they saving it for apacolyspe ww3?
Feb 13, 2016 6:47 AM

Aug 2014
Cabron said:

black1blade said:
Here you go amigo: http://www.globalresearch.ca/media-disinformation-the-protest-movement-in-syria/24016
http://www.globalresearch.ca/daraa-2011-syrias-islamist-insurrection-in-disguise/5460547

I know the BBC faked the thing about chemical weapon attacks, well that's what RT told me XD. I don't know if I can fully buy into everything people say about the 1% but there has to be someone profiteering from these wars.

Feb 13, 2016 7:10 AM

Aug 2015
That's an unhuman thing. Unfortunately war means death and this number will continue to increase until someone comes and stop this.
Feb 13, 2016 8:15 AM

Mar 2014
I wish the U.S would just wash it's hands and walk away and let its allies handle this like some of the allies of the U.S did to them :3
Eat Me
Feb 13, 2016 8:17 AM

Jan 2013
black1blade said:
Cabron said:

I know the BBC faked the thing about chemical weapon attacks, well that's what RT told me XD. I don't know if I can fully buy into everything people say about the 1% but there has to be someone profiteering from these wars.
The 1% part can be a hard pill to swallow.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Feb 13, 2016 8:31 AM

Aug 2014
Cabron said:
black1blade said:

The 1% part can be a hard pill to swallow.

Do you mean that in a legitimately hard to believe in basically the illuminati or in a condescending way?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.