Forum Settings
Forums

2 Generals Say Women Should Register for Draft

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 14, 2016 5:38 PM

Apr 2014
E Q U A L I T Y
Q
U
A
L
I
T
Y
Feb 14, 2016 6:41 PM

Sep 2015
LET THERE BE EQUALITY!!! LOL.
Feb 14, 2016 8:08 PM

Nov 2009
KonaKoffee4 said:
Don't kill me fellow feminists...

But I only think women should register for the draft if they are physically capable of handling it.
As far as physical strength goes, men are GENERALLY stronger and faster than women. I knew a woman, who was trying to become a firefighter, threw a huge fit because her certificate (or whatever it is) was turned down due to her lack of strength. She was kind of fit, but they gave her position to someone more physically capable of handling the position.
I think the draft should be open to everyone, but as long as they are able to physically handle it. Don't throw a woman in there just because you want a woman in there. A position like this one is different than having a position that requires the use of your intellectual skills.
The draft is not something you "apply" for, or is "open". It is something you are forced to sign up for. Failure to do so in the US is illegal (for men of course). However the draft (as I understand it), still has physical requirements, although they are lowered I would guess from the standard physical requirements for joining the military.
Feb 14, 2016 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
markeus said:
CondemneDio said:

Nope. Dead fucking serious.
Does my avatar make people think I'm joking or something?

Interesting that you think that.

What can I say? Nations, nationalism and patriotism are no longer relevant in this globalized world. And if there are people still crazy enough to die for their corrupt governments, let them die. Just don't drag innocent people in.
Feb 14, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
KonaKoffee4 said:
Don't kill me fellow feminists...

But I only think women should register for the draft if they are physically capable of handling it.
As far as physical strength goes, men are GENERALLY stronger and faster than women. I knew a woman, who was trying to become a firefighter, threw a huge fit because her certificate (or whatever it is) was turned down due to her lack of strength. She was kind of fit, but they gave her position to someone more physically capable of handling the position.
I think the draft should be open to everyone, but as long as they are able to physically handle it. Don't throw a woman in there just because you want a woman in there. A position like this one is different than having a position that requires the use of your intellectual skills.
The draft is not something you "apply" for, or is "open". It is something you are forced to sign up for. Failure to do so in the US is illegal (for men of course). However the draft (as I understand it), still has physical requirements, although they are lowered I would guess from the standard physical requirements for joining the military.

Yup. And in some backwater countries like Finland, it's still mandatory for all male citizens, EXCEPT if they are gay.
Feb 14, 2016 10:05 PM

Jan 2015
CondemneDio said:
Who the fuck would voluntarily want to go to the army? Maybe some insane patriots, but the world really is better off if they kill each other on battlefields.

Yeah, I agree, brother. I mean, I love my country, but I hold my personal ideals above my patriotism and wouldn't accept a call to arms if it conflicted with such.

markeus said:
Interesting that you think that.

Not every one is so bloodthirsty, bro. We don't all sit at home playing COD, thinking "Damn, I'd love to get my hands around the neck of a sandnigger"
Feb 14, 2016 10:53 PM

Nov 2009
CondemneDio said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

Yup. And in some backwater countries like Finland, it's still mandatory for all male citizens, EXCEPT if they are gay.
Do you have to prove that you are gay? Cause holy hell, that sounds like a much better alternative to running to Canada and thus being branded a criminal. Bet the soldiers of Vietnam would have wished for such an easy way to dodge the draft.
Feb 14, 2016 11:01 PM

Jan 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
CondemneDio said:

Do you have to prove that you are gay? Cause holy hell, that sounds like a much better alternative to running to Canada and thus being branded a criminal. Bet the soldiers of Vietnam would have wished for such an easy way to dodge the draft.

Not sure how it goes, but knowing how PC the army is, they'll probably get a few doctors and psychologists to interview such an individual. From what I've heard, they don't want gay people in the army, because they "would not be able to control themselves". But it's totally okay for women to come to the army and have sex in the bathroom with men.
Feb 15, 2016 6:46 AM

Jul 2015
CondemneDio said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

Not sure how it goes, but knowing how PC the army is, they'll probably get a few doctors and psychologists to interview such an individual. From what I've heard, they don't want gay people in the army, because they "would not be able to control themselves". But it's totally okay for women to come to the army and have sex in the bathroom with men.

The army is the most closeted gay group ever. When they say they're afraid of gay people not being able to control themselves, they're actually talking about the hetero soldiers, but they can't say it because it would cause a mess. They can't employ gay people because all the "straight alpha males" would dream of banging his ass instead of fighting.
Feb 15, 2016 7:18 AM

Jun 2015
I don't agree with this. The battlefield is certainly no place for a woman to be IMO, unless she is physically capable of handling it. Also for the reasons @traed stated.
Feb 15, 2016 8:09 AM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

It's not mandatory for Jehovah's witnesses either.
Feb 15, 2016 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
Eminem said:
CondemneDio said:

It's not mandatory for Jehovah's witnesses either.

Yup, but I don't take them serious enough to be worth of mentioning.
Feb 15, 2016 12:39 PM

Mar 2008
AltoRoark99 said:
I don't agree with this. The battlefield is certainly no place for a woman to be IMO, unless she is physically capable of handling it. Also for the reasons @traed stated.

Th battlefield is no place for anyone. Sure it was me? Since I made no argument they should not. It depends on the situation as well as the individual. Women survive traumatic injury more then men do which I linked to info on earlier. Men have stronger upper body strength but most combat these days is not hand to hand combat so the benafit from that just comes down to dragging an injured soldier out of there. Men are more successful at committing suicide than women and many soldiers commit suicide after war. Women and men have about the same rates of PTSD from war but women do act to it worse. Females are better at discriminating among colors, researchers say, while males excel at tracking fast-moving objects and discerning detail from a distance which would make it so females can spot people hiding even if in camouflage more easily while men can keep track of someone running in a distance. Men and women are about the same level of accuracy with a rifle according to these stats. Women and men are suited to different tasks and need tactics tailored to their differences but both can partake in war.
Feb 15, 2016 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
Who the fuck cares. The draft is never gonna be re implemented given that we fight wars completely differently now.
Feb 15, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
Clebardman said:

When they say they're afraid of gay people not being able to control themselves, they're actually talking about the hetero soldiers

You realize a hetero soldier wouldn't be attracted to gay sex. That would be like saying lesbians won't be able to control themselves sleeping with straight men. It doesn't make sense.
Feb 15, 2016 1:06 PM

Jul 2015
Spooks said:
Clebardman said:

When they say they're afraid of gay people not being able to control themselves, they're actually talking about the hetero soldiers

You realize a hetero soldier wouldn't be attracted to gay sex. That would be like saying lesbians won't be able to control themselves sleeping with straight men. It doesn't make sense.

I've spent enough time with long hair and tight jeans to know that macho men are fascinated by a firm man's butt bro.
The main reason why gay people aren't allowed in some armies is that it's easier than hushing group rape affairs.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.