Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 1, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, first half was too silly this episode for its own good especially for Mashiro.

I just find her too childish at times but whatever. Her respect and obsession with Misaki still remains strong. Now that I think about it though, maybe Mashiro can be a fun character after seeing her relationship with Rika.

Feb 1, 2016 9:53 AM

May 2014
That girl is a brown haired Yuno with no phone and no killing
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 1, 2016 10:52 AM

Apr 2010
A Mashiro based episode this time and it was nice to see that she need more screentime.
And it was nice to see her make friends like that, she learned a lot from Rika.
Feb 1, 2016 11:30 AM

Apr 2011
Just another day of Aokana... the rainy season has started thus making the team practice indoors. It's still surprising to see how far Asuka was from Misaki after her backflip.

Seems like an episode for Mashiro, surprise! She actually wears glasses (red ones too!).
Mashiro's hoodie will always be totally cute. She also has adorable cat plushies (named Jashin-chan) which she talks with. Special friendship and FC training with Rika. Rika gets a Jashin-chan in return though :3

Mashiro realizes her true potential as a Speeder instead of following Misaki and trying to be a Fighter (How could such a petite body handle dogfights >//< )
The FC scenes are actually starting to look more natural and smoother... except for when they cut the middle line and prepare to intercept which always seems iffy for me with how they stop in place (even though the way they do it really does help them stop...)

A wild Inui Saki has appeared!!! Jesus they made her speed crazy. It almost felt like the scene was sped-up, but that might just show how proficient she is.
Her Grav-Shoes also have some pretty cute green bat wings?

SUMMER TOURNAMENT NEXT EPISODE!!!
KomomoFeb 1, 2016 11:35 AM
Feb 1, 2016 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was focusing on Mashiro.

Mashiro is improving a lot on her flying skills.
Feb 1, 2016 1:19 PM
Jan 2016
Is this anime a romance? I havent seen any so far
Feb 1, 2016 1:45 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Mashiro episode today. Ehh, I really couldn't care less about this episode. Decent I guess.

3/5
Feb 1, 2016 1:53 PM

Apr 2011
ikzrx said:
Is this anime a romance? I havent seen any so far

Romance doesn't happen until

there's been zilch romance in the past 4 episodes.
they might as well just do both Asuka and Misaki

True romance comes after losing :^)
don't hit me please
Feb 1, 2016 2:03 PM

Jan 2012
I quite liked this Mashiro-centric outing. It's nice to see she's not getting left out or behind. Plus her mom definitely has the biggest, most beautiful tits in the series so far! :D
Feb 1, 2016 2:05 PM

Sep 2011
Didn't care much for this episode seeing as how I don't really like that girl at all the episode focused on.

For any VN players, does the MC ever fly? I'm still waiting for the moment he does (competitively).
Feb 1, 2016 2:06 PM

May 2015
So more of a Mashiro episode, and also more Rika. Nice. Looks like they became good friends too. Asuka's also getting better herself. Overall, nice and warm episode. Also, still can't get enough of the OP and ED~

Feb 1, 2016 2:21 PM

Oct 2012
I'm still waiting for romance and the MC to fly.
Feb 1, 2016 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
Oh boy, another insanely annoying character. Just what this show needed...

In all seriousness, this was actually quite a good episode, what with the focus switched to Mashiro and Rika (albeit to a lesser extent). Good to see her working hard to develop her own FC skills. Also, they sure are being liberal with time in this show aren't they? At one point in this episode they're supposedly two weeks away from the tournament and all of a sudden they're in the quarter finals just like that. I'm also guessing that the girl at the end will be an opponent they end up facing in the tournament.

When's the romance coming though?
Feb 1, 2016 2:36 PM

Mar 2008
Nope, dropping this. Bland characters except male MC and dark haired girl, bad comedy, FC is boring af, fanservice/big boobed lolis are meh. I love "flying" theme so much, I'm disappoint. Music and animation is good enough though.
Feb 1, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2015
Kind of meh episode but fun either way. Next week's ep should be better.
Feb 1, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
I'm pretty happy with this one. I like Mashiro more than the other two for the simple fact of her not being the best in the world at everything.

She's the underdog character in a team of 3 where 1 is born incredible, the other is the main female so she just rapidly becomes the best thing in the world and then... there's the last chick who is just a normal human.

Kinda like when you watch Naruto and for a little while you sympathised with Sakura and hoped she'd get better and win, then you realised she was annoying as hell and stopped caring.

Rika and Mashiro had a really nice chemistry, better than the chemistry between any other characters in my opinion. I thought the scene at the end was really cute with her passing the toy to her. It was just nice for two characters on rival teams to actually form a decent friendship and not some alpha-bro rivalry like most sports anime.

Best episode of the anime so far. Now I get to wait for this to never get brought up again and for Mashiro to constantly be the weak link for the rest of the anime, because that's always how these "I want to improve" episodes go.
ThatDarnIrishManFeb 1, 2016 3:13 PM
Feb 1, 2016 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
Cute episode. Asuka is love <3
I really like this series, nice atmosphere and general feeling.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 1, 2016 3:56 PM

Jul 2015
Is there any drama? So far I didn't seen any.
Or the pacing is just too slow.

Feb 1, 2016 4:20 PM

Feb 2014
Nice ep but I really feel that the MC needs some spotlight now. We don't really know much about him though I'm sure we will learn soon, hopefully.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Feb 1, 2016 4:34 PM

Dec 2014
i usually find mashiro anoying, but in this episode she was actually pretty cute
Feb 1, 2016 4:47 PM

Aug 2013
The focus of this episode was Mashiro, and Rika also begins to gain more prominence, I liked to see Mashiro with a slightly different personality, especially the side shy of her, hopefully come some interesting development in the plot with the coming of the next championship, and it is shown a bit more the relationship of the protagonist with FC in the past, I'm looking forward to the next episodes ..
Feb 1, 2016 5:31 PM

Nov 2014
Cool Ep. Mashiro is training hard to keep up with Asuka
Hi there
Feb 1, 2016 6:49 PM

Oct 2015
The Glasses look AWESOME on Mashiro in my opinion, though still want more misaki scenes :D
Feb 1, 2016 7:38 PM

Apr 2011
I don't mind the romance. The FC is what I like about this series.

lol at flying fish distraction.

We now have a fighter, a all rounder, and a speeder in the team.

Asuka is funny and amazing. That jumping back flip was really amazing.
Feb 1, 2016 7:41 PM

Aug 2015
Decent episode. We're 4 episodes in and there still really isn't any drama or romance.
Feb 1, 2016 7:54 PM

May 2012
Pretty adorable. I don't usually like or dislike characters like Mashiro, similar to characters like Deko from Chu-2, but I'm actually starting to like her.

Her relationship with Rika is cute.

Feb 1, 2016 8:11 PM

Jan 2015
Asuka doesn't even need the grav-Shoes anymore to do that amazing backflip. And more curiosity for the next week thanks to that girl with bat wings grav-shoes.
MasceraFeb 1, 2016 8:36 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 1, 2016 8:59 PM

Sep 2014
rsc-pl said:
Cute episode. Asuka is love <3
I really like this series, nice atmosphere and general feeling.

Have to agree with this honestly.
Can't get enough.
Feb 1, 2016 9:00 PM

Sep 2010
Rocksterrock said:
Nice ep but I really feel that the MC needs some spotlight now. We don't really know much about him though I'm sure we will learn soon, hopefully.

^The above are my thoughts too. I do like that Mashiro is a speed-type of flyer now though. It was going in that direction since the girls went shopping for Grav-Shoes.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Feb 1, 2016 9:54 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really enjoyed seeing how much everyone is improving but that girl at the end was spectacularly fast holy crap O_O
Feb 1, 2016 10:47 PM

Jun 2013
that's a good backflip this episode was nice and laidback
Feb 2, 2016 12:42 AM

Oct 2015
Nice to see that Asuka has gotten better.
I think that black flip broke the laws of physics. She was at least a few meters away from Misaki after landing. She continues to make me laugh.

It was nice to see Mashiro get better along with her rather cute relationship with Rika. Especially at the end when Mashiro gave Rika her toy Jashin-chan.

What was that girl at the end!? That was like light speed or something. Makes me curious for the next ep.

I am continuing to enjoy this.
Feb 2, 2016 2:05 AM

Feb 2008
The protagonist in this anime hasn't got enough screen time for entering a romance to either of heroines, seem like this anime is more focus on heroines and FC instead of that.
Yeah hopefully they will try moving on protagonist after summer tournament.
We don't know how many episodes this anime will have, but I would guess 12 or 13 episodes.
--

There is no such a think as laws of physics in anime. Since they going to rushed it to summer tournaments, can we expect some romance after?
I actually going to believe it will follow Asuka route here or they might focus on the protagonist.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 2, 2016 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
Sometthing i like from MC in this anime
Masaya certainly did not get lot screenlight but he is not useless and annoying as his other clones generic protagonits
Feb 2, 2016 5:10 AM

Jul 2013
An adorable bonding episode between Mashiro and Rika. They are just so cute together. Didn't care for Mashiro before but she changed my mind especially after that cute alliance-forming scene at the end ^_^

I don't why you guys are complaining about the lack of focus in main MC or romance in general. Do you really want this to become another generic harem? even though it may go that way eventually, personally I'm very glad they keep the focus on FC (which is surprisingly covered in more depth than I thought it would) and kept the romance to the minimum, if at all.

Surely MC's past is going to be explored soon but thankfully at almost half point of this show, it doesn't seem like there would be enough time to develop harem-esque relationships with all the female characters. Asuka doesn't seem the type built for romance and Misaki is quite non-chalant so if there's any romance at all it'd be between the MC and Rika, which also makes the most sense for me.
Feb 2, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2015
Love the way Asuka's FC skills improved even further, except for that distraction though so cute RIP flying fish

So we got a Mashiro-centered episode, she finally realized that she just needs to take advantage of what she really have, love the MashiroxRika bonding too forming that whatever alliance and that plushie giving :D

And also they explained Satouin's fetish for "In" lmao weird fetish though, so that's the reason why she really wants to take the "In" as seen in the 1st ep.

Next ep, we got a new character huh can't wait
Feb 2, 2016 6:37 AM

Sep 2015
Woohoo! looks like we got ourselves an emotionless cool character
Feb 2, 2016 7:05 AM

Jan 2015
Another awesome episode. Love the atmosphere.
Feb 2, 2016 7:26 AM

Dec 2012
MoeGod said:

I don't why you guys are complaining about the lack of focus in main MC or romance in general. Do you really want this to become another generic harem? even though it may go that way eventually, personally I'm very glad they keep the focus on FC (which is surprisingly covered in more depth than I thought it would) and kept the romance to the minimum, if at all.

Surely MC's past is going to be explored soon but thankfully at almost half point of this show, it doesn't seem like there would be enough time to develop harem-esque relationships with all the female characters. Asuka doesn't seem the type built for romance and Misaki is quite non-chalant so if there's any romance at all it'd be between the MC and Rika, which also makes the most sense for me.

Exactly, this is good decision by director
i am glad they did not focus on romance part yet, that would be tottaly boring
my nightmare for the romance coming is if the girls downgrade into mindless harem zombie
i believe the VN is not harem but multi-romance route
Delay romance progress and prefer to focus on expanding the sport content.
Feb 2, 2016 8:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mashiro's improvemen was nice to see :D
Feb 2, 2016 9:01 AM

Apr 2015
Not that it's saying much but best EP yet.

Not liking the MC at all, such a flat character
Feb 2, 2016 9:29 AM

Jun 2013
Good episode, I do wish the pace would pick up a bit though.
Feb 2, 2016 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
that was a fun episode :D and that hoddie... DAMN cute X3
i like the development between Mashiro and Rika relationship :)
that white hair girl at the end though...freaking fast. i'm looking foward for that :D
Feb 2, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
More Mashiro screentime. =O

Feb 2, 2016 2:05 PM

Apr 2014
So Asuka selling point is her air kick?
Damn Misaki is still bae.
I kind of like Mashiro a bit now lol.
Feb 2, 2016 4:29 PM

Nov 2011
I just don't understand what they're doing with Rika in this anime, like they clearly made it out that she's neighbors with Masaya with two fan service parts, but they basically just brush it off, then they have her as the side character in this episode and introduce Saki into the next episode. Like Rika is a MAIN character and they're just doing her dirty in my opinion.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 2, 2016 11:00 PM

Apr 2009
another mehh ep and anyway i would not even care if this show turns good but for me it will end as a bad adaptation of a VN :(
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Feb 3, 2016 12:36 AM

Mar 2015
Yes, legendary boxer...
Feb 3, 2016 5:07 AM

Dec 2013
Asuka's parkour game is too strong.
Feb 3, 2016 5:28 AM
Jan 2014
A very beautiful episode. I really love the atmosphere.
A good series to refresh your day. :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

151 by Azzybana »»
Dec 7, 2023 3:20 PM

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM

» First this or VN?

Grontan - Feb 28, 2023

7 by Zedlin »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2016

83 by iajsjjz91 »»
Aug 21, 2022 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.