Forum Settings
Forums

New Final Fantasy XV footage (Stealth mechanics, gunplay, and a dragoon)

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 3, 2016 2:56 PM

Jun 2008
I cringed watching that. It's like Square is trying so hard to implement western gimmicks into their games. We all know throwing in stealth mechanics into a game that's not focused on it is a waste of time. It won't add anything to the game unless it's used fucking SPARSELY in the context of the scenario playing out (ex: OoT). If it's a common occurrence I'll take it as a joke.

Other than that though, liking the visuals/animation work, combat looks like it flows OK, but the slow character movements may make or break it.
Feb 3, 2016 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
Zsychotic said:
Mashiro-Senpai said:

I'm not sure what your deal is with FFXII, but I haven't played it, so I don't particularly care.

All I know is that FF as a series is pretty boring, and this is the first time I've ever actually been excited for one.

Ok but then you are not really a fan of the series?

op started off with saying is this even final fantasy, more so addressing the fans/players of, than just all gamers.

Easy for someone to see a new video of dota 3 or call of duty that looks very different and say the others were boring im excited for this new one., you don't really know final fantasy.

Final fantasy has many titles some of which are very exciting and others even fans cant stand. You may have played many titles or not which is what it sounds like, doesn't mean you are a fan, regardless multi millions of copies get sold of Final Fantasy titles because they did/do make many good and exciting games.

No, I am not.

I didn't see him say "Hey Final Fantasy fans, is this Final Fantasy?" Seems like he asked everyone. Especially considering the fact that it's on a public forum.

I "know" FF well. That's why I don't want more. It's a boring series.

Are you actually giving a lecture about what "real fans" are? Cringe.
Feb 3, 2016 10:57 PM

Oct 2014
ExampleZ said:
Zsychotic said:

haven't played cc will check some gameplay videos, the fact that the mc ...spoiler and aeries there too and other things like aeries in 7 with tifa cloud story kind of aint my taste, im a real story whore.

Though not 100% certain what happens the implied is why thought I wouldn't like it having played 7 already

I'm sorry...what?

Lol I know waay too vague,

ok I simply don't like the fact that in the timeline
aeries had a thing with zack and then inn 7 cloud has a thing with tifa and aeries, and cloud and zack were friends I believe, also cloud sometimes seemed more in favour of aeries or was that just what my friend kept saying because when I played it in only felt it was more towards Tifa.. I personally do not like certain aspects of that whole situation.

Have not played cc though however in 7 many things were implied, if anyone can clarify that would help?
ZsychoticFeb 3, 2016 11:29 PM
I have a self destructive disease inside that eats away at me,
there is no place for it in this world,
this disease is righteousness.
Feb 3, 2016 11:08 PM

Oct 2014
Mashiro-Senpai said:
Zsychotic said:

Ok but then you are not really a fan of the series?

op started off with saying is this even final fantasy, more so addressing the fans/players of, than just all gamers.

Easy for someone to see a new video of dota 3 or call of duty that looks very different and say the others were boring im excited for this new one., you don't really know final fantasy.

Final fantasy has many titles some of which are very exciting and others even fans cant stand. You may have played many titles or not which is what it sounds like, doesn't mean you are a fan, regardless multi millions of copies get sold of Final Fantasy titles because they did/do make many good and exciting games.

No, I am not.

I didn't see him say "Hey Final Fantasy fans, is this Final Fantasy?" Seems like he asked everyone. Especially considering the fact that it's on a public forum.

No, and as you just said you are not a fan,

not trying to give a lecture on what "real fans" are, cringe (missing the point)
trying to say you are not in favour and that is just your opinion, you are not a fan.

I am saying this IS(or has been) an exciting series that multi millions of fans something like 10 million copies get sold when some of these titles release

and your opinion of it being boring is subjective to you only, when millions of people find it exciting.

Remember this "regardless multi millions of copies get sold of Final Fantasy titles because they did/do make many good and exciting games. "- main point.

I like this series and obviously you should've expected when making such a statement for a ff fan to come to its defence saying it is exciting.
If I go to a call of duty discussion and say, meh its the same old shiz, I certainly will expect some cod fan to come to its defence

Example toradora is an utterly boring series.
ZsychoticFeb 3, 2016 11:23 PM
Feb 4, 2016 1:26 AM

Dec 2011
Zsychotic said:
ExampleZ said:

I'm sorry...what?

aeries had a thing with zack and then inn 7 cloud has a thing with tifa and aeries, and cloud and zack were friends I believe, also cloud sometimes seemed more in favour of aeries or was that just what my friend kept saying because when I played it in only felt it was more towards Tifa.. I personally do not like certain aspects of that whole situation.

Have not played cc though however in 7 many things were implied, if anyone can clarify that would help?

Cloud never really had any strong feelings for Aeris. I mean sure he wanted to protect her and he was upset over her death but otherwise there wasn't any hint of romance between them. If anything he was more romantically involved with Tifa, it also helped that she was the biggest reason why he wanted to join SOLDIER. Aeris liked Cloud because he reminded her of her boyfriend (Zack) and she was very outgoing and liked teasing him, but they were never in an actual relationship.
Feb 4, 2016 2:24 AM

Oct 2014
ExampleZ said:
Zsychotic said:

Cloud never really had any strong feelings for Aeris. I mean sure he wanted to protect her and he was upset over her death but otherwise there wasn't any hint of romance between them. If anything he was more romantically involved with Tifa, it also helped that she was the biggest reason why he wanted to join SOLDIER. Aeris liked Cloud because he reminded her of her boyfriend (Zack) and she was very outgoing and liked teasing him, but they were never in an actual relationship.

Sounds good, id prefer that but you cant deny
Any romance was implied through different ways. he certainly cared deeply for her which can also be seen as an implication of romance or returned feelings.

They were not in a relationship but neither was tifa and cloud until later or advent children I believe.

Some romance mechanics in the game that show the possibility of romance between cloud and aeries or tifa (preferably) are both there.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Date_mechanics

Thanks though, it will become more clear when they release the remake I believe was what they were working on or just another rumour.
Feb 4, 2016 4:29 AM

May 2010
Yehart said:
Thrashinuva said:

I wasn't aware there were still doubters.

I'm baffled.

Are you agreeing with me (I'm saying that this video basically shuts up people who still think this game will be shit with their baseless assumptions)? ;-;

I'm just saying by the time we saw this:

The general consensus was that practically it would be the RPG of the decade.

The new trailer is impressive, but it's just icing on the cake.
Feb 4, 2016 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
Ingling said:
I cringed watching that. It's like Square is trying so hard to implement western gimmicks into their games. We all know throwing in stealth mechanics into a game that's not focused on it is a waste of time. It won't add anything to the game unless it's used fucking SPARSELY in the context of the scenario playing out (ex: OoT). If it's a common occurrence I'll take it as a joke.

Other than that though, liking the visuals/animation work, combat looks like it flows OK, but the slow character movements may make or break it.

Since when was stealth mechanics a Western gimmick? Afaik, MGS, pretty much a symbol of all stealth games, is a Japanese game. This comment reeks of irony.

Also, considering the fact that they're infiltrating an enemy base, I'd say the context given is perfect for such a mechanic to be implanted.
YehartFeb 4, 2016 8:36 AM
"Hi!"
Feb 4, 2016 8:38 AM

Jan 2013
Yehart said:
Ingling said:

Since when was stealth mechanics a Western gimmick? Afaik, MGS, pretty much a symbol of all stealth games, is a Japanese game. This comment reeks of irony.
It's amusing how many people make the mistake of attributing action gameplay concepts as western creations when in actuality, Japan is behind almost all of them.
Feb 4, 2016 8:46 AM

May 2010
You remember that one NES game, where in the very beginning you had to go infiltrate the enemy base, and rescue a kidnapped woman?

Oh yeah that was Final Fantasy I.
Feb 4, 2016 8:19 PM

Jul 2013
Zsychotic said:
ExampleZ said:

Any romance was implied through different ways. he certainly cared deeply for her which can also be seen as an implication of romance or returned feelings.

They were not in a relationship but neither was tifa and cloud until later or advent children I believe.

Some romance mechanics in the game that show the possibility of romance between cloud and aeries or tifa (preferably) are both there.

Thanks though, it will become more clear when they release the remake I believe was what they were working on or just another rumour.
I won't be playing FF7 remake for the sole reason that Cloud can romance Aerith. Zack and Aerith are my otp so there's no way I'd led Cloud near her. Stupid reason, I know.
Feb 4, 2016 9:34 PM

Dec 2011
PrimeX said:
Zsychotic said:

I won't be playing FF7 remake for the sole reason that Cloud can romance Aerith. Zack and Aerith are my otp so there's no way I'd led Cloud near her. Stupid reason, I know.

Then simply don't romance Aerith? It's not that hard.
Feb 4, 2016 9:39 PM

Dec 2011
Zsychotic said:
ExampleZ said:

Cloud and Tifa started becoming more romantically involved after she helped Cloud unlock the mysteries of his past in the lifestream, and it's implied they became intimate when they were talking on the cliff under the Highwind.
ExampleZFeb 4, 2016 9:43 PM
Feb 5, 2016 12:00 AM

Oct 2014
ExampleZ said:
Zsychotic said:

Cloud and Tifa started becoming more romantically involved after she helped Cloud unlock the mysteries of his past in the lifestream, and it's implied they became intimate when they were talking on the cliff under the Highwind.

Yeah I still believe that tifa was the main romance interest.
Feb 5, 2016 12:02 AM

Dec 2013
I wonder if 10 years later would ATB combat system return to FF series
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 5, 2016 12:04 AM

Oct 2014
PrimeX said:
Zsychotic said:

Hehehe, nah gamers understand you.
Feb 5, 2016 3:05 PM

Jun 2008
Yehart said:
Ingling said:

Also, considering the fact that they're infiltrating an enemy base, I'd say the context given is perfect for such a mechanic to be implanted.
Have you been around for nearly every western-made TPS ever introducing basic-bitch stealth aspects the past decade? It's never done well. Even in Uncharted it's OK at best.

And yeah, if it's just a section of the game then I can see this working. But if it keeps getting forced on the player throughout it's going to distract from the primary gameplay in a bad way. Kinda worried me since it's the focus of the trailer you know? It's not like I trust SE with experimenting with other gameplay styles anyway lol.

Feb 5, 2016 11:44 PM

May 2010
They literally said the objective is to defeat all the enemies in the base. The stealth is just an option for you, it isn't like you can't just power your way through it.
Feb 9, 2016 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Zsychotic said:
Mashiro-Senpai said:

No, I am not.

No, and as you just said you are not a fan,

not trying to give a lecture on what "real fans" are, cringe (missing the point)
trying to say you are not in favour and that is just your opinion, you are not a fan.

I am saying this IS(or has been) an exciting series that multi millions of fans something like 10 million copies get sold when some of these titles release

and your opinion of it being boring is subjective to you only, when millions of people find it exciting.

Remember this "regardless multi millions of copies get sold of Final Fantasy titles because they did/do make many good and exciting games. "- main point.

I like this series and obviously you should've expected when making such a statement for a ff fan to come to its defence saying it is exciting.
If I go to a call of duty discussion and say, meh its the same old shiz, I certainly will expect some cod fan to come to its defence

Example toradora is an utterly boring series.

But I AM excited for XV.

Am I supposed to not be bored by the series because it sold billions? I don't CARE what YOU are a fan of. OP asked about THIS GAME. XV. Not XII, or VII, or XIII, or any other game.

Your "main point" has nothing to do with me, or my interest in this game. I'm not even sure why you're defending it, as if that's going to somehow change my opinion on the matter.

Same as you saying Toradora is boring. I don't particularly give a shit. It has nothing to do with anything, and talking about it isn't going to make a difference on a discussion about FFXV.
Feb 9, 2016 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
I don't see why anyone would be bothered by stealth mechanics that work...

What I'm not fine with is how the graphics seem to have been downgraded.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 9, 2016 10:59 PM

May 2010
Toradora is the best slice of life of all time! OF ALL TIME!
Feb 9, 2016 11:02 PM

Oct 2014
Thrashinuva said:
Toradora is the best slice of life of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Lol you see, an opinion challenged by another user, we have the right to do so.
(which was just an example, though I don't think it is the best slice of life)
Feb 9, 2016 11:06 PM

May 2010
Zsychotic said:
I don't think

That's the problem, you can't think about it, you have to feel it with your heart!
Feb 9, 2016 11:18 PM

Oct 2014
Thrashinuva said:
Zsychotic said:
I don't think

That's the problem, you can't think about it, you have to feel it with your heart!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8xGaE4S2gk

I feel it in my heart, I feel it in my soul! Clannad :)
Feb 12, 2016 3:32 PM

Sep 2011
Last few posts deleted. Arguments that're off-topic (basically you guys name-calling each other) and throwing random baits at each other is not allowed. Your argument basically devolved away from FFXV thread into your own world of ad-hominems.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

55 by BitChilly »»
8 seconds ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

27 by Tropisch »»
42 minutes ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

524 by SnipeStrike »»
58 minutes ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
5 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.