Forum Settings
Forums

What character do you like that everyone seems to hate?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 21, 2010 1:54 AM

Jul 2008
dvp89
Inoue Orihime from Bleach.[/quote said:

Ye, no one can say " Kurosaki kun " with a more worrying face than her.
Jul 21, 2010 3:28 AM

Feb 2008
Sakura Haruno.
Everyone seems to hate on her and deems her to be weak and worthless. But I think she's very strong and determined.
Jul 21, 2010 3:52 AM

Apr 2010
Gunning4Glory said:
Matsuda from DN and Kagra from Inuyahsa. :(

Me as well :D

Jul 21, 2010 8:51 AM

Jul 2010
Gin Ichimaru from bleach, I"m not sure if ppl hate him cuz hes funny and stuff, but i'm pretty sure hes done stuff that has made at least some ppl not like him
Jul 21, 2010 8:53 AM

Nov 2008
Sasuke.
I can understand why he's all emo and stuff.
Jul 21, 2010 11:06 AM

May 2010
tizara said:

When I think back on it, I didn't mind Shinji for most of the series. What I don't like is the "trend" he has created, where anime creators give characters as much angst as possible because they think "well evangelion did it so it must be cool." It's the same when they imitate Rei's character. It was cool when Eva did it because that was the first show I had seen with such a character, but I don't want to see emotionless girls over and over. I could have done without Anya in Code Geass. I could have done without the alien girl in Haruhi. It's getting to the point where they clearly just throw them in everywhere to please the fanboys.

This. I hate 90% of the Shinji knockoffs. I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea to have a Shinji-like character, but I find most anime just can't pull it off, and we end up with pathetic losers who mope around for no good reason until they have a really dumb epiphany to snap out of it and save the day. I like Shinji though.

I also like Suzaku from Code Geass and Rossiu from Gurren Lagann. Sure, Suzaku was always getting in Lelouch's way, but he was such a great foil, and somewhat complex at that. Rossiu might seem like a jerk, but he was doing what he thought was the right thing, I mean, can you imagine how painful it was for him to do what he did? He was so level-headed, but I guess being reasonable had nothing to do with succeeding in that show, lol.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 21, 2010 11:42 AM

May 2010
lord137 said:
Mello.

This guy. Absolutely.
Misa Amane, too. I don't see why people are always hatin' and calling her unimportant to the plot.

Also, adult Rossiu.
Jul 21, 2010 12:58 PM
Feb 2008
Near (Death Note) – He’s not that bad. Sure, he’s a total L wannabe and he uses hax, but who wouldn’t in his situation?

Kurumi (Kimi ni Todoke) – One of the better characters in the show, I think (along with Yano). I personally couldn’t stand Sawako. Kurumi’s arc was the best part of the show for me.

Suzaku (Code Geass) – He’s hilarious.
Jul 21, 2010 1:47 PM
Aug 2009
Oneironaut said:
Rozen Maiden - Hina Ichigo

Mello, the only thing that i enjoyed in Death Note.
both Cludia (Crimson Shell) and Alice (Pandora Hearts)
Renge (Ouran High School Host Club) she's hilarious.
Hachi (NANA)
Nov 30, 2013 8:30 PM

Jul 2012
Percila from claymore, I pity her more then anything and to be honest hate Clair I can't stand her
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Nov 30, 2013 8:35 PM

Sep 2013
Suzaku from Code Geass is the only one that come to mind.
Nov 30, 2013 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
Suzaku from Code Geass same with me
Also

Sai from Naruto Shippuden - he's my favorite character in the series
Shinji from NGE
Light from Death Note - Light was sooo much better than L
Dec 1, 2013 12:08 AM

Jul 2013
Near from Death Note *gets shot*
"Komugi, are you there?"

Dec 1, 2013 12:14 AM

Nov 2013
In just about every anime, my favorite girl is the main girl and everyone else's favorite girl is another one.
Dec 1, 2013 12:34 AM

Sep 2012
Sasuke
Feb 19, 2014 7:50 AM

Jun 2011
Since we already have a thread for characters you hate that everyone else likes, why not try to opposite as well?

I personally liked Minori from Toradora, I didn't notice that she was hated until I finished the show.

Feb 19, 2014 8:11 AM

Jan 2013
Believe me, we have these kind of threads too, many times. The only remaining options are:
- which character you love but everyone loves
- which character you hate but everyone hates
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 19, 2014 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
Hmmm let's see. I like sekai from school days, she'd probably make it to my favorites list. It was all Katsura and mako twos fault btw, sekai was just a poor victim
Feb 19, 2014 8:15 AM

Jun 2011
skyzblue said:
Believe me, we have these kind of threads too, many times. The only remaining options are:
- which character you love but everyone loves
- which character you hate but everyone hates

Really? If there really is another thread that is the same as mine, then I guess this one will be locked soon enough.
I've only seen the "_____ you hate that everyone else loves" kind of threads so I was just trying to make things a bit more positive here.

Feb 19, 2014 8:28 AM

Aug 2012
Maybe there should be a thread and discussion about the people who make anime, and how they seem to hate certain characters.

Example:
Well whoever wrote the episodes from D-Frag seems to hate Sakura, skipped a chapter in the anime, which killed off her characterization and the start and reason of her interest in Kazama.
The anime also shows more focus on Roka than Takao, therefore they like Roka more and hate Takao more.
Feb 19, 2014 9:07 AM

Oct 2013
Cupquake said:
Hmmm let's see. I like sekai from school days, she'd probably make it to my favorites list. It was all Katsura and mako twos fault btw, sekai was just a poor victim

Is Sekai hated a lot by fans? I know personally I didn't hate her character, I just felt sorry for her.

I'm going to say the other character from School Days, Makoto Itou. He did what any testosterone filled teenager would do if he found himself in the middle of a harem. I definitely did not hate him, I enjoyed his character and felt sorry for him.
Feb 19, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
Manaka from Nagi no Asukara. Too many people pay too much attention to her cute/cry traits and not to her actual development.
Feb 19, 2014 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
It felt like a lot of people didn't seem to like Near or Mellow from Death Note, I kinda liked them!

Maybe everyone was kinda just bitter about L? Not sure, I thought they were pretty cool though.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 19, 2014 10:00 AM

Jun 2011
Vexper said:
It felt like a lot of people didn't seem to like Near or Mellow from Death Note, I kinda liked them!

Maybe everyone was kinda just bitter about L? Not sure, I thought they were pretty cool though.

I did like Mello but Near pisses me off because he's an L ripoff. At least Mello was his own person. Though I can see why people like Near, especially with what happened near the end of Death Note.

Feb 19, 2014 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
Suzaku from Code Geass comes to mind. I love him to bits, and was honestly so surprised when I found out the extent that people hate him!

Also, I know that she is fairly popular, but I think that Kaname Chidori of FMP! gets some hate. I understand that some people dislike out-spoken, fierce, tsundere-type characters but she's just so utterly lovable!
Feb 19, 2014 1:24 PM

Aug 2013
Soujiro from Rurouni Kenshin.
Feb 19, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2011
BenjaminL said:

Who hates Soujiro?, i want names
Feb 19, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2011
hlrsyed said:
Suzaku from Code Geass comes to mind. I love him to bits, and was honestly so surprised when I found out the extent that people hate him!

Most ppl hate his noble attitude towards lelouch while he doomed his country when he did what he did to his OWN father...Damn, and that as a child!...Suzaku would be a mental case in irl...

The one that comes to mind is Aizen? He kept me entertained and had one of the best intro's ever<3
''I was dead serious''

Feb 19, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
pralan said:
BenjaminL said:

I just remember people hating on him in the all the Kenshin episode discussion threads. I agree with you, I have no idea why people didn't seem to like him.
Feb 19, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2012
pralan said:
BenjaminL said:

Not Harlock
הלב שלי כבר מת
Feb 19, 2014 2:13 PM

Oct 2013
BlackteZz said:
The one that comes to mind is Aizen? He kept me entertained

Hear, hear! I'm the same; Aizen was my favorite. However, my overall opinion of Bleach is not high.
にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。
Feb 19, 2014 2:14 PM
Apr 2010
Makoto from School Days.
Feb 19, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
Koko in Golden Time and Yuno from Mirai Nikki

Like, come on guys, there's some fun to be had with the crazy bitches.

(especially when they are crazy for legit reasons)

They are entertaining to watch so I don't know why people dislike them other than they aren't perfect "waifu" material or something.

Thou I'd probably fuck both just sayin'.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 19, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2011
BenjaminL said:

What's wrong with Soujiro. I always thought he was awesome, especially as Shishio's right hand man.

Feb 19, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
I like Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy a lot. If only their show was called "Guitar Ninja: Friendship Conquers All", more non-bronies would have been super pumped to watch it. Guitar Ninjas are the definition of awesomeness!
Feb 19, 2014 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Near from Death Note
Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion
Suzaku from Code Geass
Feb 19, 2014 3:32 PM
Sep 2011
The only ones I can think of that I like but other people hate are...

Taiga of Toradora fame, as tsundere characters are always controversial.

Satoko of Higurashi, who is disliked for being bratty and obnoxious.

and finally, Sakurako of Yuru Yuri is pretty much a combination of the above.
Feb 19, 2014 3:40 PM

Aug 2013
SolBlade said:
BenjaminL said:

What's wrong with Soujiro. I always thought he was awesome, especially as Shishio's right hand man.

Like I said above, no idea. I actually have Soujiro on my favorite characters list. I agree, he's awesome. I remember a lot of Soujiro hate from other posters in the Kenshin episode discussion threads though.
Feb 19, 2014 4:11 PM

Nov 2012
Hkig said:
Near from Death Note
Suzaku from Code Geass

Damn, I just could never like Shinji no matter how hard I tried honestly (Watched all Evangelion related material besides Death and Rebirth). He was extremely whiny and indecisive throughout the whole anime, and just had an unlikable personality that I hated (along with Asuka, although I may have liked her a little more than him). I tried to empathize with him after learning about his background and seeing how his dad treated him, but I just couldn't in the end.

Even when protagonists are like that (very whiny, indesisive) I feel like it is okay if they A) Don't stay like that for an exorbitant amount of time and B) their character actually develops enough and they become more mature or a better person at some point in the series. I feel like both of these things are missed in NGE.

I liked Suzaku and Near.
Feb 19, 2014 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
midnightblade said:
Hkig said:
Near from Death Note
Suzaku from Code Geass

Damn, I just could never like Shinji no matter how hard I tried honestly (Watched all Evangelion related material besides Death and Rebirth). He was extremely whiny and indecisive throughout the whole anime, and just had an unlikable personality that I hated (along with Asuka, although I may have liked her a little more than him). I tried to empathize with him after learning about his background and seeing how his dad treated him, but I just couldn't in the end.

Even when protagonists are like that (very whiny, indesisive) I feel like it is okay if they A) Don't stay like that for an exorbitant amount of time and B) their character actually develops enough and they become more mature or a better person at some point in the series. I feel like both of these things are missed in NGE.

I liked Suzaku and Near.

The thing is though that Evangelion doesn't actively try to get the viewer to feel sorry for the characters. That'd be a bit contradicting to the fact that it spends a fair amount of time showing you that the characters are actually bad people. It's a pretty objective show where emotions and opinions don't mean much when discussing it. Essentially, you can try to emphasize all you want with the characters, but if you don't understand and accept why the characters are who they are, you've missed part of the point.

And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Feb 19, 2014 5:39 PM

Jun 2013
midnightblade said:
Hkig said:
Near from Death Note
Suzaku from Code Geass

I didn't actually mind him being wimpy, as I doubt anyone could really know if they'd have more guts in such a situation. However I hated his "zombie" state in EoE.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Feb 19, 2014 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
Alois Trancy and Shinji Ikari. I think Shinji is the one one of the "wimpy" type of characters that I can stand though, because I really dislike Yuki from Mirai Nikki.
Feb 19, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Louise Francoise Le Blanc de la Valliere <33

Well, maybe everyone doesn't hate her, but a lot of people do. I happen to love the whole tsundere thing, it is just so damn cute.
Feb 19, 2014 7:53 PM

Sep 2013
Black★Star from Soul Eater. Yes I hated him for most of the beginning as well. But the bastard grows on ya once ya learn that hes the real deal. And he grows even more on ya if ya read the manga.
Feb 19, 2014 8:07 PM
Sep 2012
Actually, I like Momoi from kuroko no basuke
when i was watching on crunchyroll, all the comments mentioned how they hated her, but i still cant see why
Feb 19, 2014 8:09 PM

Jun 2011
Like some of the people here, I didn't find Shinji too wimpy. In fact, I thought his actions were perfectly normal (minus the last 2 episodes) for a socially withdrawn 14-year old.

Feb 19, 2014 8:13 PM

Nov 2013
Naruto.

He's always smiling, he has a touching background story, he is a great character. I don't know why so many dislike him.
Feb 19, 2014 8:52 PM

Sep 2012
Kallifer said:
Naruto.

He's always smiling, he has a touching background story, he is a great character. I don't know why so many dislike him.
"Believe it!"

He is a walking shounen stereotype that's also relatively annoying. Of course people will hate him.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 36 minutes ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 7 hours ago

37 by Shirayukin »»
3 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

24 by Rinenka »»
4 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

34 by MadanielFL »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

8 by Dizzy-san »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.