Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2016 4:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol Ayumu lives such a simple life.

Funny at how she chose toilet paper in the end XD
Jan 23, 2016 5:56 AM

May 2012
Haven't seen a chapter dedicated to Hamster in a while.

Smoooooth Hayate strikes again

Jan 23, 2016 1:36 PM

Nov 2008
Leaving aside the awful "haha ayumu is boring and normal and that's why she has no focus any more and was kicked out of main heroine status and deserves no shipping anymore because screw her" vibe the chapter had going on...

Am I the only one annoyed Hata has stopped giving two craps about the series being set in 2004? Before when he referenced future events it was either in subtle ways or in more tongue-in-cheek methods; now he just has chapters about Siri, Love Live, the 3D Godzilla movie, and now he had Line appear when regular texts could suffice. It's like he stopped caring about the timeline.

To be fair "he stopped caring" defines the current Hayate status pretty well.
Jan 23, 2016 5:16 PM

May 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Leaving aside the awful "haha ayumu is boring and normal and that's why she has no focus any more and was kicked out of main heroine status and deserves no shipping anymore because screw her" vibe the chapter had going on...

Am I the only one annoyed Hata has stopped giving two craps about the series being set in 2004? Before when he referenced future events it was either in subtle ways or in more tongue-in-cheek methods; now he just has chapters about Siri, Love Live, the 3D Godzilla movie, and now he had Line appear when regular texts could suffice. It's like he stopped caring about the timeline.

To be fair "he stopped caring" defines the current Hayate status pretty well.

Not sure I can agree with the first part about Ayumu not deserving shipping, especially with how Hata did have her confess to Hayate and all. And hasn't it always been an established thing about Ayumu being the "boring and normal" person? I'm pretty sure that's always been her thing in the series, and it's even been said along the way the whole time, that she's the "normal" person among all the girls. Besides, you can think of these kinds of chapters dedicated to a single character as Hata trying to say "Hey, X still exists" or something

Eh I've always liked that and thought it was funny, and that's also been around for ages as well. Like...we've seen Nagi playing on a PS3 look-alike way earlier on, and the PS3 was released in 2005 or 2006, I think, which is a year or two after the events of HnG. But yeah, maybe you just don't remember, but it's always been a thing.

I've always just personally found all of these things part of HnG's charm.

Anyway, I guess I can't really blame you for feeling that way though since even I've occasionally have felt that way.

Jan 24, 2016 12:14 AM

Nov 2008
Olem said:
Not sure I can agree with the first part about Ayumu not deserving shipping, especially with how Hata did have her confess to Hayate and all. And hasn't it always been an established thing about Ayumu being the "boring and normal" person? I'm pretty sure that's always been her thing in the series, and it's even been said along the way the whole time, that she's the "normal" person among all the girls. Besides, you can think of these kinds of chapters dedicated to a single character as Hata trying to say "Hey, X still exists" or something

While Ayumu gets called normal sometimes when compared to the rich girls that form the cast she was never treated as bland or boring. In fact the joke was she was not really that normal. And not only did that confession go nowhere, it was the only time that Ayumu got something resembling shipping in over half a decade.

And this is bad considering that Ayumu was introduced alongside Hinagiku and for over 200 chapters was treated as one of the main heroines just like Maria or the already mentioned Hina and got plenty of screentime and stuff to do. Seeing her demoted to the same category Klaus and Tama belong to is just demeaning. Seriously, when the likes of Yukiji get far more screentime Ayumu does you know she got shorthanded.

Olem said:
Eh I've always liked that and thought it was funny, and that's also been around for ages as well. Like...we've seen Nagi playing on a PS3 look-alike way earlier on, and the PS3 was released in 2005 or 2006, I think, which is a year or two after the events of HnG. But yeah, maybe you just don't remember, but it's always been a thing.

I've always just personally found all of these things part of HnG's charm.

Anyway, I guess I can't really blame you for feeling that way though since even I've occasionally have felt that way.

The PS3 did indeed release in 2006, except for PAL because PAL always gets treated like crap. Anyway, while I remember that the thing is the show never brought up the attention to this fact nor called it directly a PS3 or anything like that, she was just playing. Kinda like the Wii was referenced by "buy Nintendo shares" and not by just having Hayate and the gang waggle together. That's what I mean for the references being subtle or tongue-in-cheek, and I feel like this is very different from just spending one entire chapter going to watch a 2014 movie while Hayate filibusters on proper movie watching practices. Or Nagi directly talking about the Love Live girls. This is the exact opposite of subtle and honestly feels like the manga just wants to stay relevant because it's been around for over a decade, regardless of how much it mucks with the timeline. Negima was around for a decade while being set in 2003 the whole time, so it can be done.
Jan 24, 2016 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
ZettaiRyouiki said:

Maybe Hata has broken the "broke the 4th wall"'s walls, spaces, and times.
but.. I don't mind with it tbh.
Jan 25, 2016 1:23 AM

Sep 2011
Finally. A hamster girl chapter.
Feb 14, 2016 10:55 AM

May 2014
Brah, a regular school go-er's day
Feb 12, 6:50 PM

Jun 2016
Not a bad chapter. I just don't care about hamster.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 517 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

6 by TheLostLight »»
Feb 15, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 569 Discussion

Icedout15 - Apr 5, 2018

3 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 568 (Final Chapter) Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishkoten - Apr 9, 2017

77 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 567 Discussion

Ishkoten - Apr 6, 2017

8 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 566 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2017

2 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.