3It was OK
18.1%
2Disliked it
5.9%
1Hated it
4.4%
Average 4.1
204 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 18, 2016 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Lux does make the transfer to class...

Lisha and him seems to connect more. Meh, pretty generic stuff.
Bunch of action aside, I was pretty bored with this episode. Philiphie's personality wasn't anything special either. The action was better than I had expected though and there's some cryptic stuff going on with the glimpses of flashbacks.

Mm, Lux trying to save people as usual. The reload on fire though.
Jan 18, 2016 8:50 AM

Sep 2015
To tell the truth, i don't really know i should be excited or disappointed.

As someone who read light novels, its cool and good that im able to see important part being animated.

So im ok even if the production came out abit bad or fast. But this episode 2 is seriously very very fast pace lol.

Huge chunk of explaination and events miss out, like the small part mention where Phil-chan being taken to experimentation and her sister the headmaster cry pleading to the court. How and why Lux's brother betray him.

Overall i don't know how to rate it yet. Reading light novel is seriously recommended =(
valvravetruthJan 18, 2016 8:59 AM
Jan 18, 2016 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
It didn't take Ichika ..er... i mean Lux, long to bust out his bad ass backup blade. I thought for sure he'd wait a couple more episodes to build up a little more anticipation. Oh well. Nice to his his harem is progressing nicely though. Krulcifer still best girl so far.
Jan 18, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't like Philphie in the LN and I still don't like her now. Something between the breasts size and her actions make her just...monotone and unlikable.

Kinda sad that the best part of the LN, imo, is Lux's backstory with his empire and Lerche just decides to cut most of it out.

Also I don't understand the point of the sister in the anime...in the LN she seemed more cut throat and calculating yet almost idol like...here she's just there for exposition.

It's also been a while but I coulda sworn that fight went down with more backstory than just a few yells...oh well.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 18, 2016 2:58 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty intense fight. I liked the action here. Seems like the princess got ditched by her dad and got herself branded while being held captive.
Jan 18, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2015
So comes to save the day and uses that black sword. They also introduce Philiphie who I find boring and uninteresting.
Jan 18, 2016 4:13 PM

Sep 2008
2eps per LN again... And Bahamut could be so good anime... But sadly it will not even have a chance to prove that it's really good series :/

If next arc (dedicated to Krulcifer - favorite character of most LN readers) will also be butchered like first two episodes I will just drop this.
Jan 18, 2016 4:33 PM

Mar 2013
It is just me, or does the pacing in this episode was awfully too quick?

First half of the episode was boring/cliche stuff, but the second half was a lot better.

I find the childhood friend better than the Princess tbh
Jan 18, 2016 4:39 PM

Jun 2014
Didn't really care for most of the things that happened in this episode. The action was decent but that was pretty much it.

I'm contemplating putting this on-hold until it finishes so I can just watch it all the way through rather than dealing with this on a week-to-week basis. I'll give it one more episode before deciding.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 18, 2016 4:50 PM

Apr 2013
I don't really care for the story (anymore). I basically watch this when i want something light-hearted and easy to watch. Basically like the first minute and a half at the beginning of the episode.

However, reading some of the other comments has inspired me to read the LN. Seems like it has a lot more to offer.

Jan 18, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2008
Shiba- said:

First half of the episode was boring/cliche stuff, but the second half was a lot better.

That's because they "adapted" rest of 1st LN Volume (2/3 of book). First episode was ok (they cut out scene showing how Lux got captured - it was Krulcifer who caught him - and changed some details), in this cut out Drag-Ride that Lisha build (who cares that it was first Drag-Ride created in that times - all dragons had been found in ruins), small scene with Krulcifer when Lux woke up just before alarm started, cut why she couldn't join main fight and cut out her role in final fight (Lux asked her to use her Drag-Ride to save Lisha and so they both they started together) etc.

This is really Antimagic Academy level of butchering source material.

Edit:
I finished reading 1st Vol months ago and still remember most of this things... That was really good LN.
SacredusJan 18, 2016 5:23 PM
Jan 18, 2016 5:14 PM

Apr 2015
It was a bit fast paced and I'm hoping some of the under explained things are expanded upon later, but I'm really enjoying this one so far. This harem will definitely be one that's good for the soul. The action is pretty good and animated well enough, especially compared to others airing this season (I'm looking at you, Divine Gate and PSO2).

It's not amazing 9-10 rating quality or anything, but I like it.
Jan 18, 2016 5:22 PM
Aug 2012
Liked the Ending Song. Enjoyed the whole episode, especially between Philphie scenes with the nicknames & bed scene & Lux fighting using Bahamut. Glad this series got adapted into an anime.

Looking back at the opening song & based on a character that appears in the OP. Looks look the anime will adapt up to Volume 5 of the light novel.
K-AnimeJan 18, 2016 6:10 PM
Jan 18, 2016 5:38 PM

Jun 2015
What the fuck is this show trying to be?
Jan 18, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2014
Super generic. Bad bargain basement fight scenes. Horrible ridiculous characters. Worse enemies. Atrocious voice acting.
Jan 18, 2016 6:34 PM

Nov 2014
So that black sword is pretty strong
Hi there
Jan 18, 2016 6:40 PM

Sep 2014
Honestly enjoying this the least this season. Also, for some weird reason the main guy keeps looking and sounding like a girl to me.
Jan 18, 2016 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Lisha and Lux are getting alone with each other!

Philiphie's personality wasn't that special!
Jan 18, 2016 6:45 PM

Aug 2015
The beginning of the episode was rather boring and generic but that ending piqued my interest a bit.
Jan 18, 2016 7:29 PM

Sep 2007
Surprised he used the black sword already despite reassuring his sister [well kind of] that he wouldn't

...and here I was waiting to see how he was going to beat and/or outsmart the enemy with his wyvern....

and....well the hope for any potentially funny "I'm the black hero? you must've been seeing things" moments thrown out the window already...boo....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 18, 2016 8:30 PM

Jan 2012
Oh man that Philphie's big beautiful tits are glorious! :D Now I wish this was ecchi. :D Not a bad ep. Lisesharte's pretty damn cute herself, and we learn more of Lux's backstory.
Jan 18, 2016 9:02 PM

May 2015
I would love to sleep on Phi-chan's breasts. :)
Jan 18, 2016 9:09 PM

Feb 2014
Cliches all over the place.
That orange ponytail girl's voice is terrible.

Will be watching to see how bad the story goes.

ED: Lime Tree by nano.RIPE
tetrix1993Jan 18, 2016 9:16 PM
Jan 18, 2016 9:20 PM

May 2015
This adaptation is going to be a total fail. Or I would like to say so , but it's yet only 2nd episode so i'll wait because I love this series manga plot.

The plot in the anime is totally rushed.....
Episode 1 covered Manga Chapter 1 to 3
Episode 2 covered Manga Chapter 4 to 10.

LOL, they skipped all the basics....like Krulcifer suspecting Lux to have the ability to defeat Abyss and Lisha at the same time if he wanted while Lux was having his first dual.....it would have been nice if this was added to make it look all suspicious.

In the anime adaptation Krulcifer is not as sly as the manga, and is neither a mysterious character type. She is just like a innocent girl trying to find out something....Felt totally disappointed.

Well Lisha in the anime is totally cute, so I forgive it :P

I hope the coming episodes become better. But still....to have them skip so many things from manga , I wonder how much big is the plot. And I hope this doesn't end in a cliffhanger....or harem.
I am guessing a new possibility that since he is a prince he can marry not only one women right? ....
Jan 18, 2016 9:21 PM

Nov 2014
wtf... seriously 2 ep on vol.1?

my god, when that bell rang on mid episode, i knew they rushed it...

rating it same as test platoon..

2/5
Jan 18, 2016 9:34 PM

Apr 2015
animefan8800 said:
Oh man that Philphie's big beautiful tits are glorious! :D Now I wish this was ecchi. :D Not a bad ep. Lisesharte's pretty damn cute herself, and we learn more of Lux's backstory.

Based on the tags it is ecchi :3

Glad to see someone else not totally trashing the show as well.
Jan 18, 2016 9:38 PM

Jan 2012
GileonFletcher said:
animefan8800 said:

Based on the tags it is ecchi :3

Glad to see someone else not totally trashing the show as well.

Ah cool to know, musta missed that thanks. :D Yeah I usually try to enjoy most shows at least to some extent I watch....doesn't always work of course, but yeah. :D Also going into this blind mighta helped. :D
Jan 18, 2016 9:54 PM

Jan 2015
Sacredus said:
Shiba- said:

That's because they "adapted" rest of 1st LN Volume (2/3 of book). First episode was ok (they cut out scene showing how Lux got captured - it was Krulcifer who caught him - and changed some details), in this cut out Drag-Ride that Lisha build (who cares that it was first Drag-Ride created in that times - all dragons had been found in ruins), small scene with Krulcifer when Lux woke up just before alarm started, cut why she couldn't join main fight and cut out her role in final fight (Lux asked her to use her Drag-Ride to save Lisha and so they both they started together) etc.

This is really Antimagic Academy level of butchering source material.

Edit:
I finished reading 1st Vol months ago and still remember most of this things... That was really good LN.

I was thinking the exact thing while watching this episode.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 18, 2016 10:21 PM

Nov 2015
Well... at least, the girls are cutes.
Jan 18, 2016 10:38 PM

Sep 2015
In the end i don't really mind anyway. All i can say is, see it as buy one volume light novel accompany with 2 episodes in one CD kind of situation, asking you to watch both together for greater experience Hahaha

Not sure where everyone is watching the translated episodes. But if you are watching same subs as me, some correction is needed. 1) Lisha is a princess not a queen, her aunt is the queen of new empire. 2) The target of assasination mention by Lux brother, it is not just his brother only but both Lux together will be assasinated if the people left alive. 3) Lisha drag skill is Spressure 4) Flute, not whistle?

Krulcifer or riot?
valvravetruthJan 18, 2016 11:17 PM
Jan 18, 2016 10:40 PM

Jan 2015
Aaww, a jealousy with the "childhood friend". Even that's typical, but never bored to see that kind of "Conflict".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 18, 2016 10:49 PM

Aug 2013
Like this episode. I even like the action scene, much better than I thought. Philluffy's voice sounds similar to Saya's voice from Asterisk War, but I like her and I had a feeling she's related to the other pink hair woman. Wow I would've never thought that Lisha would a pretty interesting character, especially since she's the first main heroine of the story, because I usually find the first main heroine in a harem series so fucking dull and boring.
Jan 18, 2016 11:14 PM

Sep 2013
Well Lux turns out to be the black hero, I bet no one is surprise about that. The harem is slowly coming together and of course the harem wouldn't be complete without the childhood friend. This series is completely devoid of any originality but it is still what I consider "watchable". The ED was pretty nice Nano.Ripe did an awesome job as usual.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 18, 2016 11:41 PM

Mar 2012
[I didnt read the novel, I I have read the fantranslated manga.]

Isn't it advancing a little bit too fast? Not that I dislike it though, vs most anime that stall the plot with some unneeded fan services. I mean they got most, if not all, of what was important.
dzn018Jan 18, 2016 11:45 PM
Jan 18, 2016 11:56 PM

May 2015
AWESOME

AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOMEAWESOME
AWESOMEAWESOME
AWESOME

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 18, 2016 11:57 PM

Dec 2007
Honestly, I was expecting them to do at least 3 episodes on vol 1. This is more than a little fast, and it's going to hurt. Right now, it's more like they're adapting a summary of the story than the story itself. You know it's a problem when even people who haven't read the VN (or manga) are saying it feels really rushed. It's going to be hard to understand and appreciate the characters if they rush through at this rate.
Jan 19, 2016 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
meh i knew it felt rushed and now i'm clear after reading all yer posts. well, still expecting good things.
Jan 19, 2016 1:49 AM

Jun 2013
of course there's a childhood friend and the tsundere is being jelly of her
Jan 19, 2016 2:08 AM
Oct 2008
How did the old empire dude not realize he is fighting against a prince?
Jan 19, 2016 2:37 AM

Mar 2014
What is up the this trend of protagonist having these stupid god damn nicknames, it was funny the first time but my god, please stop.