Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 13, 2016 7:10 AM

Nov 2011
This series starts in a truly anonymous, what we have seen is very similar to many anime seen in the past, the characters are ridiculous, perhaps the only thing that you save are the drawings and the character design. Narrative does not even teased a lot of my attention, a anime to be seen just to increase the list of those in a vision, nothing else.
Jan 13, 2016 7:32 AM

Dec 2009
richard360 said:
i know this gets asked every season but how does this genre even stay alive when it seems all that happens each season is a rinse and repeat of the last season.
Because it sells. The western entertainment industry isn't much different there. People like it, so it's a safe zone for knowing something will be able to pay itself off, even if it's not gonna become huge.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 13, 2016 7:37 AM
Feb 2015
Elmeit said:
Infinite Asterisk cavalry

Blasphemy. I can understand the first two but Cavalry isn't the same with this like the remaining two.
Jan 13, 2016 7:42 AM

Dec 2012
Casually showing off her mark to Lux

Jan 13, 2016 4:43 PM

Mar 2013
and here it come the generic harem/ecchi anime of this season -

MC get into a girls school full with cute girls - V
cute tsundere - V
dumb MC - V
duel after seen the girl naked - V
powers and back story that no one give a **** about - V
random ecchi moments while called idiot and pervert - V

but i cant just say no to this, it keep pull me back in :)
Jan 13, 2016 5:17 PM

Mar 2015
ehh, dispaite the hate, i found it pretty enjoyable.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 13, 2016 7:24 PM

Oct 2012
Was not very good but I think what made it even worse was how silly the mecha suits and stuff looked, maybe it's just me but I felt it could potentially be better if it went with more typical weapon fighting..oh well I'll see where it goes from here
Jan 13, 2016 8:44 PM

Sep 2013
This anime is like infinite stratos but with the main protagonist of DanMachi. Im not really liking the art style they look like kids (or maybe they are kids). I dont think this will be something special but Im gonna continue to follow this.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 13, 2016 8:56 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty decent first episode, the story seems pretty generic but it has potential and the characters are pretty likeable.
Jan 14, 2016 12:26 AM

Dec 2012
The art & animation look fantastic!
I'm fine w/ it being generic as long as theres a good voice cast & a tsundere main heroine xD
Did she just grab her crotch!? O_O - ooooooooh that's why lol(that was misleading af lmao)
It was a very entertaining ep imo

Lisha ish shoooo cuuuute omg tsuns always get to me lol, i'm such a sucker for blonde tsuns lol
Jan 14, 2016 8:50 AM

Apr 2013
Well... whatever i already had extremely low expectations for this series. I'll just keep following this series.

The fighting was really boring. The concept I've already seen from previous mangas and animes i have read/watched... the girls are somewhat cute.

Typical harem setting in a fantasy-like world. Somewhat enjoyable for nostalgic purposes i guess. Good enough.
duderusJan 14, 2016 9:18 AM

Jan 14, 2016 10:21 AM

Dec 2015
yeah, just like old anime i ever seen, but idc cause this anime have cute girl so i'll follow this series XD
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
Jan 14, 2016 11:00 AM

Nov 2012
Drag-knight sounds like Dark Knight, if not for Horriblesubs i didnt catch that one.
So, my assumption is this drag-knight related to dragons, like Bahamut, Leviathan, and etc. Those dragon manifest as their device or something.
And what I got from this first episode is that Lux is muhai(undefeated) basically for his excellent evading atk.
Jan 14, 2016 1:19 PM

Sep 2014
Ruzamaku said:
Drag-knight sounds like Dark Knight, if not for Horriblesubs i didnt catch that one.
So, my assumption is this drag-knight related to dragons, like Bahamut, Leviathan, and etc. Those dragon manifest as their device or something.
And what I got from this first episode is that Lux is muhai(undefeated) basically for his excellent evading atk.

Yea evading must be his specialty but I think he has to do this for reasons. He obviously has the black heroes drag knight device(well that's what it seems). I'm guessing that is a divine drag knight just like the princess has. Maybe he only uses his powerful device when needed but other than that has to use a crappy device so evading is all he has lol.
Jan 15, 2016 4:09 AM

Feb 2012
did someone really expect something that is not generic from the sypnosis? you should have known what you are going into..
it was nice, wont drop for now.
Jan 15, 2016 4:58 AM

Apr 2010
Great episode. Looking forward to the next one!

5/5
Jan 15, 2016 9:43 PM

Mar 2012
This feels rather Infinite Stratos. Hopefully this at least proves to have some depth.
Jan 15, 2016 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
Did she fapped to him? o.O

OST was decent, but this looks so generic. 3-episode rule to this.
Jan 16, 2016 4:17 AM

May 2012
The show is similar to Asterisk and Cavalry from last season, and thats good thing. I never get bored when I watch these anime
Jan 16, 2016 2:14 PM

Feb 2013
Not bad. I wonder why it reminded me of Infinite Stratos...

I almost face-palmed at that opening bath scene, but that "compliment" saved it. LOL
Jan 16, 2016 7:21 PM

Sep 2007
Skimmed first page of this thread and saw so much hate I gave up skimming the rest.

Personally even though it's generic and -at this point- similar to Infinite Stratos (which by the way, I haven't been able to continue after season 1 thus kind of think this might turn out better than IS), I need an anime like this once and awhile...especially since it's different to the other stuff I decided to pick up -and try to stick to- this season.

The only thing that bugged me was his voice....ugh....makes me think he's younger than he probably is and this is probably going to bother me every once and awhile...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 16, 2016 11:12 PM
Mar 2015
I do like trying out the new season of anime, I usually can find gems somewhere in there, but I do have plenty of classics that I can easily fall back on, for my anime fix.

This is one is 50/50 for me. I have not seen Infinite Stratos and from what I am reading, I probably shouldn't, and I don't have much in the way of mecha anime, I tend to avoid those in general.

I don't mind a tsundere female MC, some of my favorite female protagonists have that streak in them. I can deal with harem type anime just fine. I don't even mind a male MC with a girly voice. However, this one worries me somewhat.

They have options for something okay here, I just pray that they don't put that stuff by the wayside just to cater to those who may watch this just for its fan-service stuff.

This one seems to have potential, following storylines of the current princess, the past prince, the Black Hero and his Drag Knight, and even some political intrigue with the reason behind the coup and things like that. It is even possible to do that all with fan-service, I am just afraid they won't and this gets lost in the muddle that is all the various harem anime, whether they are good or not.

I am going to give this one a couple of more episodes, besides I want to see hot Tiamat and Bahamut mecha suit action. I know they were very different in the original mythologies as opposed to how they are portrayed in Final Fantasy and DnD, but those iconic images stick in my head, so it could end up being pretty awesome looking.
Jan 16, 2016 11:45 PM

Jan 2011
It will almost definitely get caught up in tropes and FS. I'm taking it for what it appears to be.
Jan 16, 2016 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
Why do we have so many MC who is "The tale of the Worst one". They are all copies with no originality.
Lucky MC got to see the pantsu upskirt of Lisha
ah oh! OMG! did Lisha just touched/pleasured her self on the 2nd bath scene!?
4/5.

Jan 17, 2016 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
Why can't the character claw his way to the top? Why does he have to have some ironic title going for him?
Jan 18, 2016 8:32 AM

Mar 2015
Only in this for the backstory and mecha fights. The first episode was surprisingly enjoyable even though they cut loads of content from the LN. After first two volumes the LN becomes generic as hell.
Jan 18, 2016 12:55 PM

May 2012
This is the most generic garbage I have wasted my time on an episode like that in awhile
Jan 19, 2016 5:57 AM
Mar 2012
Tropes checklist is so done (ok missing fire pink hair & boob fanservice).
It would be bearable if character or animation did anything...
Bland non emotional characters besides blonde. Animation very limited, even CG mech fights had short movements with little choreography, like Dragonar.
Jan 19, 2016 8:20 AM

Sep 2014
So far from the intro you can tell this is a pretty generic harem show. If anything, I'd say this is a better Infinite Stratos because of the better animation and girl designs,imo. (But that's also speaking too soon since it's not finished)

Overall I'm pleased. I like the artist from this show so that's one of my main reasons for seeing it, and seeing how the animation and fight scenes look promising, it might end up being a pretty nice watch after all. The OP is also pretty good imo.

Hopefully this gets me over the disappointment that was asterisks wars.
KonoetanJan 19, 2016 8:26 AM
Jan 20, 2016 7:56 AM

Mar 2014
holy fuck this is bad
Eat Me
Jan 21, 2016 2:57 AM

Dec 2012
Generic anine but it seems entertaining.
Jan 21, 2016 9:35 AM

Dec 2011
The voice of the MC feels fresh. The other characters has perfect voices too and doesn't sound annoying. Totally enjoyed the first episode so far. Can't wait to see more of it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2016 4:23 PM

Apr 2012
bastek66 said:
Fuck, my post was delete and I only said that OFFICIAL subs will be in few hours
Chdata said:

thought the same and maybe everyone... but i think she just touched her tattoo, which was revealed at the end..
Jan 23, 2016 2:25 PM

Dec 2013
These were my thoughts after watching the first episode:
"So it is like Infinite Stratos but with dragons."
"Do I want to rewatch IS, but with dragons?"
"Sure, I'll give it a go."
Feb 2, 2016 11:42 PM

Apr 2010
I am so sick of these fuckin fan service bullshit story lines. Always the same fuckin beginning, guy unintentionally ends up on top of a naked girl, or sees her underwear, and gets labeled pervert for the entire anime. And then he has to fight her and wins. And then they become friends. And the guys are never smart enough to properly explain they fell through the roof to the 'victim'. And there's always a little sister. And always a childhood friend. It is not fuckin funny anymore after seeing it a thousand times!!! These writers are fuckin retarded if they think they can make a successful anime with the same basic story line over and over! At least with Prison School entering the girl shower room was hilarious as fuck.
Feb 5, 2016 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Oh sorry, I didn't realize I was watching Rakudai Stratos Testament no Blade Dance, let me go march my silly ass over to Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut's episode discussion at once!

Ah well, shows like this aren't so bad in mild doses. The fights are pretty cool and I'm still interested in the world it's introduced. Lisha isn't full on tsundere either so at least that mold was broken.
Feb 9, 2016 12:09 AM
Feb 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
Oh sorry, I didn't realize I was watching Rakudai Stratos Testament no Blade Dance, let me go march my silly ass over to Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut's episode discussion at once!

Ah well, shows like this aren't so bad in mild doses. The fights are pretty cool and I'm still interested in the world it's introduced. Lisha isn't full on tsundere either so at least that mold was broken.

Why do people keep calling this Rakudai when it's not the same.
Feb 9, 2016 8:46 AM

Dec 2012
ixarising said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Why do people keep calling this Rakudai when it's not the same.
Mostly because there's so many of these LN adaptations that have nearly identical first episodes. Guy stumbles into girl taking bath/naked > girl gets angry and tells him to die > girl turns out to be a princess or noble > girl challenges guy to fight to "put him in his place" > guy turns out to be the weakest character in their world but is "the strongest" > they patch things up but she's still tsundere about it.

Now I'm not bothered by it, but even I can tell that I've seen this same formula about a half a dozen times. On some levels it's amusing to compare and contrast how they approach this same situation though.
Feb 9, 2016 10:42 AM

Sep 2014
Cute girl. Mc sounds about 10. Seems like IS (Shit show btw). Weakest but undefeated, damn that is a massive mystery... better get Sherlock on this shit.

Hey at least the girl doesn't have pink hair right? Generic is all this show is.
Mar 20, 2016 2:39 AM

May 2012
His sister is so freaking hot omg
Apr 30, 2016 3:13 AM

Jan 2016
Looks kind of a mix of SAO, Rakudai kishi no cavalry. ish,.idk xD but then again 3min in and he already lands on a girl! AHAHAHAHA
Guy alone in a all girls school, how cliché tho xD still interesting on the story.
Op was alright, not great, but alright.
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 20, 2016 6:43 AM

Dec 2015
I am left speechless, another generic harem anime with waves and waves of cliche situations only in the first ep, I'll probably drop this in a couple of episodes, but who knows, maybe it will get better
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 1, 2016 8:23 AM
Jul 2016
One of the most overwhelming cliche and predictable Anime I seen in a while, the moment I saw the OP I saw Infinite Stratos lol
Aug 1, 2016 8:26 AM
Jul 2016
Mysteriala said:
These were my thoughts after watching the first episode:
"So it is like Infinite Stratos but with dragons."
"Do I want to rewatch IS, but with dragons?"
"Sure, I'll give it a go."

You sir got an amusing way to think xD
Sep 8, 2016 8:49 AM

Dec 2008
FFS! That sprayshot blast the blonde generic chick shot practically blew my mini headphones lol pffft.
Sep 9, 2016 2:11 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm a very very generic start with all the cliche moments but the art and animation is good.
Feb 5, 2018 6:15 AM

Sep 2012
when he started complimenting her i was like stop right there what u said at first is enough if u say more u make it worse & that's exactly what happened lol
Sep 26, 2018 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
I'm confused about the setting, so this is a fantasy world with mecha elements? Weird.
The show is as generic as it gets. Pussy overpowered protagonist, sees the first girl naked, main girl is a tsundere, all-girls school... yeah nothing I haven't seen already.
Apr 28, 2020 6:15 PM

Feb 2018
Nice episode, cant wait for more ecchi... Nice bathroom lol
Jan 18, 2022 10:51 AM

May 2008
Eechi off the start, that's a good sign 👍

The whole dragon mecha thing is a bit confusing, it's like 3rd century Rome dressing like 21st century Japan anime using 30th century mecha/magic, this show is going to need a lot more eechi to keep my interest

Good, the princess isn't acting like a spoiled bitch, that's kind of refreshing 🥰

So far this show is using a wining formula CCDCT (Cute Characters Doing Cute Things) I approve 👍

And the princess has a classified tramp stamp, this may be entertaining 😏
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

114 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 15, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2016

49 by damoInstinct »»
Dec 24, 2023 9:09 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2016

59 by damoInstinct »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:32 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2016

66 by damoInstinct »»
Dec 18, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2016

59 by damoInstinct »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.