Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2016 5:45 AM

Dec 2013
Mayuka said:
something trippy like what SHAFT is going to make.

Are you sure you're familiar with this studio enough?
Jan 5, 2016 5:47 AM

Jul 2012
09122013 said:
Mayuka said:
something trippy like what SHAFT is going to make.

Are you sure you're familiar with this studio enough?
From what I've seen so far, yes. I'm not saying trippy is bad but it definitely won't make 3gatsu better.
Jan 5, 2016 5:49 AM

Oct 2012
Well I didn't see that choice of studio coming, I have faith in Shinbou and Tatsuwa.
Jan 5, 2016 6:00 AM

Jul 2007
An suddenly this thing that I would have never watched is now going to my PTW.
Jan 5, 2016 6:00 AM

Dec 2013
No, I mean Shaft has enough series without "trippy" effects on every corner, like Ef, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Soremachi or Denpa Onna. And they have a very big slice of life franchise so all these posts about unexpected studio look like people only heard about SZS and Madoka.
Jan 5, 2016 6:02 AM

Sep 2009
You are missing one point here. Even if Shinbo is listed as the director, most probably he'll just have general control and the actual director will be somebody else.
Jan 5, 2016 6:03 AM

Jul 2012
09122013 said:
No, I mean Shaft has enough series without "trippy" effects on every corner, like Ef, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Soremachi or Denpa Onna. And they have a very big slice of life franchise so all these posts about unexpected studio look like people only heard about SZS and Madoka.
Those aren't relevant enough. Plus, Akiyuki Shinobu's recent series are nothing but trippy.

That's like saying: Writer A's old stories are really melodramatic so therefore, his new stories have a potential to be like that.

Why did Nisekoi have so many trippy effects when the source material didn't ask for it?
Jan 5, 2016 6:04 AM

Jul 2007
09122013 said:

> EF
> Not trippy.

Also frankly I fully expect this to be adapted in style of SZS. That's the only way I can see premise like in the description to even work.
And that's perfectly fine with me.

Mayuka said:

Why did Nisekoi have so many trippy effects when the source material didn't ask for it?

Adaptation does not have to be a copypasta of source material.
AhenshihaelJan 5, 2016 6:04 AM
Jan 5, 2016 6:05 AM

Apr 2015
Yes! Shaft all the way!
Credits: @Fanatique1337
Jan 5, 2016 6:11 AM

Oct 2012
Mayuka said:
I think it actually gels pretty well with the style of the manga, there really isn't that much of it relative to say SZS or Monogatari. It doesn't even utilize jump cuts and dutch angles nearly as much as any of his other works.
Jan 5, 2016 6:12 AM

Jul 2012
Fai said:
Adaptation does not have to be a copypasta of source material.
Thank you, Captain Obvious-san.

Fai said:
Also frankly I fully expect this to be adapted in style of SZS.
If so, instant drop.

Feaor said:
Mayuka said:
I think it actually gels pretty well with the style of the manga, there really isn't that much of it relative to say SZS or Monogatari. It doesn't even utilize jump cuts and dutch angles nearly as much as any of his other works.
Sure, but 3gatsu is as serene and moody as Mushishi. Why would people allow them to add extra sparkles to that kind of stuff?
Jan 5, 2016 6:16 AM

Aug 2014
If it's Shaft I've gotta watch it
sup
Jan 5, 2016 6:21 AM

Oct 2012
Mayuka said:
Sure, but 3gatsu is as serene and moody as Mushishi. Why would people allow them to add extra sparkles to that kind of stuff?
I don't think they will add sparkles if its not appropriate, its not like they haven't produced serious series before, heck their two best selling series are Madoka and Monogatari. The former is absolutely a serious show and the latter has plenty of serious and heavy moments.
Jan 5, 2016 6:23 AM

Jun 2008
Been wanting to read the manga for a while now so this is great news :3
Jan 5, 2016 6:23 AM

Dec 2013
Mayuka said:
Those aren't relevant enough. Plus, Akiyuki Shinobu's recent series are nothing but trippy.

That's like saying: Writer A's old stories

They're Shaft so pretty relevant. And no, they're new, not old in any aspect. New Shaft with Shinbo as a main man and his style and everything.

Fai said:

> EF
> Not trippy.

Oh, come on, it's not. Just two or three Shimbo shticks in two seasons.
Jan 5, 2016 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
i think i just ripped my dick off out of excitement
Jan 5, 2016 7:29 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
WAT

Now thats a surprising choice.
but im ok with this, if they can do something else than what they are used to do because this doesnt look like something shaft usually do.
DatRandomDudeJan 5, 2016 7:34 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 5, 2016 7:35 AM

Jun 2015
Wait? What? Shaft? No way :(
Jan 5, 2016 7:39 AM

Apr 2013
an interesting concept given to an overrated studio.. will give it a shot but shaft will probably find a way to make me drop it.
Jan 5, 2016 7:44 AM

Oct 2007
I wish there is a Kickstarter for changing studio. Shaft is a great studio but that doesn't mean they are capable of doing everything, nobody is perfect, no one. If you want to see a show like "3-gatsu no Lion" in its most glorious form possible, Shaft would be the last choice you go to.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 5, 2016 7:46 AM

Oct 2007
This hard polarization of opinions on an announcement and studio yet again. The anime fanbase stands forever clearly divided into extremes though I can't help but notice it's all the regular shitposters that seem most happy about the studio announcement for whatever this is essentially proving a couple of things to me.
Jan 5, 2016 7:48 AM

Jul 2014
salt

salt

salt

salt

salt
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 7:48 AM

Jul 2012
Dovakiihn said:
It's funny how many pepole are complaining about the studio and they haven't even seen much by them.
Even funnier when the only people happy about this are people who haven't read the Manga yet.
Jan 5, 2016 7:53 AM

Jul 2007
Mayuka said:
Dovakiihn said:
It's funny how many pepole are complaining about the studio and they haven't even seen much by them.
Even funnier when the only people happy about this are people who haven't read the Manga yet.

You dont need to read the source material to enjoy or judge an adaptation.
AhenshihaelJan 5, 2016 7:53 AM
Jan 5, 2016 7:55 AM

Jul 2012
Fai said:
Mayuka said:

lol. you need to know a character well enough to judge their voice actor, as with knowing a manga/book/source well enough to judge what studios it should have as well as staff.
Jan 5, 2016 7:57 AM

Oct 2007
Mayuka said:
Dovakiihn said:

And shitposters and Shaft fanboys but that's hardly surprising. I haven't read the manga but boy does it not look like something Shaft should be touching just by reading the description and looking at some artwork. On the other hand this is one last chance to prove they can somehow do something besides the usual tired direction, ultra fanservice and cost cutting gimmicks.

Mayuka said:
Fai said:

lol. you need to know a character well enough to judge their voice actor, as with knowing a manga/book/source well enough to judge what studios it should have as well as staff.

I think it's pretty safe to assume they'll just load it up with their favorite people like Hiroshi Kamiya and Chiwa Saito so thake that as you will. Whether they'd fit I don't know, but that's pretty much what you're getting unless this really is a new approach "proving grounds" kind of thing.

You can already tell this is going to result in a really harsh mix of source fans and Shaft studio die-hard fans when it comes air time.
PeacingOutJan 5, 2016 8:00 AM
Jan 5, 2016 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOODNESS
Never did expect this. At all.

Headtilts incoming.
Jan 5, 2016 8:05 AM

Jul 2012
Kaoishin_sama said:
I think it's pretty safe to assume they'll just load it up with their favorite people like Hiroshi Kamiya and Chiwa Saito so thake that as you will. Whether they'd fit I don't know, but that's pretty much what you're getting unless this really is a new approach "proving grounds" kind of thing.
Eh, Kamiyan is...Alright. He was one of the main leads in Honey and Clover as well. I'm rooting for Miyu Irino or Hanae Natsuki to take the main lead. There's no main female in this series, so I don't really care as long as Chiwa fits.. She'd fit the older sister, if anything.

Other seiyuu I want in:
Kamiyan as Rei's fat best friend because he looks like Yato/Morita.
Ai Kayano as middle sister

I'm more worried because this series feels like Mushishi (using this example because you've watched it) and it's so serene. If SHAFT did anything extra, it would just ruin the mood. :/

Dovakiihn said:
Shaft is a bit crappy recently
I don't think they're a bad studio. It's their style that does not suit this.

Think "Tsumiki no Ie" but with SHAFT.
Jan 5, 2016 8:14 AM

Jul 2014
09122013 said:
Looks like it's "Shaft strange people" again? Thanks God, it's not about girls again like their recent animes.

3/4 of the main characters are girls so.....

there's a possibility.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 8:15 AM

Jul 2012
ExtraCheeky said:
09122013 said:
Looks like it's "Shaft strange people" again? Thanks God, it's not about girls again like their recent animes.

3/4 of the main characters are girls so.....

there's a possibility.
No, they're recurring characters. There is only one main character and that is the glasses boy.
Jan 5, 2016 8:21 AM

Nov 2007
SHAFT is an odd choice. I don't think they've ever done a straight adaptation without any of their usual flair. So that's worrying. I was hoping for Morio Asaka or the original H&C director, but I'm not that down on it. Shinbo hasn't directed this type of show before so it's only fair to give him a chance. I just hope he changes his style and respects the material.
Jan 5, 2016 8:23 AM

Oct 2012
Wow it's been a while since Shaft picked up an actual decent source material, will definitely watch. It'll be interesting to see if Shinbo will be actually directing or whether he'll stand back as chief director like he always does these days.

Shaft have become quite stale recently in the visual department and I think this is an excellent opportunity to inject some long needed creativity back into their TV series.
KoybzJan 5, 2016 8:27 AM
Jan 5, 2016 8:24 AM

Oct 2012
Mayuka said:
I don't think they're a bad studio. It's their style that does not suit this.
Well whoever is producing the show obviously thinks that it does since they choose the staff, although I suppose Shinbou could have gone to the publisher to arrange the production which would mean that he has something in mind.

Either way its too early to make any comments about quality but I'm more intrigued now because its a bit of a curveball choice, it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

The upshot is that SHAFT works tend to sell reasonably well if they're at least decent and they're more likely to produce sequels and complete adaptations than many studios. If it works out well, it could be the best shot the manga has of getting a complete adaptation.
Jan 5, 2016 8:33 AM

Jun 2009
Not this freaking studio again...

Xenocrisi said:
rederoin said:
>All this hate on shaft
>People not noticing its not directed by Shaft's usual director.

hue

And I didn't even get the hate. They animate anime differently, in a interesting way.

*shit way.

and if you can read japanese (or try translete it with google or something like that), most of Japanese comment on Otakomu don't like SHAFT to animate this series.
IZUMI64Jan 5, 2016 8:46 AM
Jan 5, 2016 8:43 AM
Sep 2014
Looking forward to it, thank god, I'm a person who judges something after I watched a little bit of it, all people saying it will be a disappointment, yeah sure with this attitude you can really skip this anime and don't have to watch it or this one guy who already shitposted against the anime year 2016 before the year even started

and can I know why this one guy always insults himself with his comments? Happened here again, that's crazy.

Will it be a typical shaft anime? let's see
Will it be a great adaptation? let's see
Will it be the best or worst adaptation of all time? let's see
Let's wait for the first episode or at least the preview to make further judgement.
Jan 5, 2016 8:50 AM
Sep 2014
IZUMI64 said:

Xenocrisi said:

And I didn't even get the hate. They animate anime differently, in a interesting way.

*shit way.

and if you can read japanese (or try translete it with google or something like that), most of Japanese comment on Otakomu don't like SHAFT to animate this series.

Isn't that good that otakus aren't pleased and happy for that? or what do you want to prove with this "source"
Jan 5, 2016 8:53 AM

Feb 2012
Just stick to the manga ppl and forget that the series ever got a anime adaptation.

The head tilts just don't work in every series, which Shaft probably doesn't understand as they throw them in everything.

The studio that did Barakamon should have done this too.
Jan 5, 2016 9:00 AM

Jul 2007
IZUMI64 said:

Xenocrisi said:

*shit way.

Neets not being happy with it is actually a good sign, upping the chances of it becoming more than even more of the same kitschy mainstream stuff.

Xenocrisi said:
rederoin said:
>All this hate on shaft
>People not noticing its not directed by Shaft's usual director.

hue

People hate unique and different things. Nothing new.
AhenshihaelJan 5, 2016 9:02 AM
Jan 5, 2016 9:02 AM

Oct 2007
IZUMI64 said:

Xenocrisi said:

*shit way.

SHAFT doesn't seem to have many fans outside of die-hard otaku types and trolly people nowadays and I can kind of understand why, it just seems like it took longer than it probably should have getting to that point by a few years, but I can say the same for a lot trends in this scene. A few years ago this news would have probably been received far more positively than just the few people that you'd expect to be excited over this. I'm sure people know exactly who I'm referring to by now.
PeacingOutJan 5, 2016 9:05 AM
Jan 5, 2016 9:04 AM

Dec 2011
Having read a significant amount of chapters, I can tell that this series is probably not fit for a Shaft production. Not sure about the intricate details but I hope they don't make it too gloomy and all.

何も期待するな//list//twitter//osu//
Jan 5, 2016 9:09 AM

Sep 2013
Oh god :(
Now this will go from a respected anime to a gimmick anime :(
Jan 5, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2009
Shinigami1992 said:
IZUMI64 said:

*shit way.

Isn't that good that otakus aren't pleased and happy for that? or what do you want to prove with this "source"

it means the majority of people who look forward for this series to be animated do not approve SHAFT (that's a great thing).
I'm not saying SHAFT bad studio, but if they're still forcing that sparkle and weird shit animation to all series (no matter what the genre). They just ruining their image even more.
Their style work for some but definitely NOT for all.

For now I can only hope they will go with more 'normal' style (even though the chance is pretty low).

And... F*cking this.
Ramkec said:
Just stick to the manga ppl and forget that the series ever got a anime adaptation.

The head tilts just don't work in every series, which Shaft probably doesn't understand as they throw them in everything.

The studio that did Barakamon should have done this too.
IZUMI64Jan 5, 2016 9:16 AM
Jan 5, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2014
still forcing that sparkle and weird shit animation

so you not understand the animation direction and because of that is shit?

epic
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2016 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
The sales of Madoka Magica and Bakemonogatari sales otherwise if you wanna go down that route.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2012
Biasa said:

epic
okay, shaft fanboy

okay.

not every anime needs fucking head tilts and deep toothbrush scenes to be good...
Jan 5, 2016 9:30 AM

Aug 2015
Will watch because shaft.

Don't know much about the source material, might check it out also :d
Jan 5, 2016 9:30 AM

Jul 2013
Not interested in "Shaft" anime, the only one that was decent is Nisekoi. Shaft is just overrated.

Shaft > how to make a cuppa tea process, step by step while other studio would have just edited
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2012
DJAnime said:
Will watch because shaft.

Don't know much about the source material, might check it out also :d
Considering you have an Aria forum set, definitely. That's pretty much the same style of stories.
Jan 5, 2016 9:34 AM

Jun 2009
Biasa said:

epic

if SHAFT really using their 'usual' art for this series.
Just imagine watching Titanic sinking scene with benny hill theme, actually I'm doing it right now and it's fucking ruined (or if you're a special maybe you can enjoy it).
IZUMI64Jan 5, 2016 9:51 AM
Jan 5, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2014
Having read the manga, this isn't the sort of series that suits Shaft's style.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
12 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.