Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 31, 2016 12:18 AM

Sep 2009
I am still shocked and very confused! Like really, really confused! OMG!
My brain stopped working... END means Etherius Natsu Dragneel? O______O
So what the demons been trying to resurrect is Natsu? So Natsu is also a demon created by Zeref? So that Natsu can kill him....? Am I right? Lol.. it won't sink on me yet.. It's been so long since I watched this series since last year.. And I started to continue watching this anime just a few hours ago starting from Episode 85.. grrr..
and now.. Fairy Tail Zero? I feel like I saw it coming.. like Natsu with Happy.. going on hiatus to train to get stronger.. :D
Because I've been watching One Piece and started it last year November.. so I get what they're trying to do... but I wonder what will happen to Lucy :(
Feb 6, 2016 8:25 PM

Mar 2012
Oh man, this episode legit made me cry. So many emotional things happening, and a lovely end to the Tartaros arc. Fairy Tail always gets me so emotional ;;
I'm also happy that they're going to focus on Mavis in the next arc!
Feb 10, 2016 2:59 PM

Apr 2010
Great episode. I love the Gruvia scene <3
Feb 25, 2016 1:12 PM

Jun 2011
Interesting story direction Mashima took by the end of Tartaros, it would allow for some off screen development and a renew(-ish) interaction between Natsu and the rest of his guildies. (probably not?)

As for the arc, it was bad at best. Not even the dragon stuffs could salvage it. Zeref's portion of the arc was the best part imo, even though he didn't reveal anything new, at least his part wasn't cringeworthy.

Story: Basically fight after fight. It was boring. Save the world from going magic-less, prevent the resurrection of END (sounds like a course from Toriko, wtf) At the end dragons appear, reveal some of their secrets, then boom there they go. Some bits with Jellal and other characters revealing and progressing the story portion of the arc, but all Fairy Tail core members did was fight, and fight, and fight some more.

Action: Boring. Part of it is the anime's fault, I have noticed this but a lot of time the animators cut corner by not showing the entire picture of the fight/punch. It would basically go like this,
Scene 1: Magic being thrown your way.
Scene 2: Show magic landed on you.
Problem: They skipped the part from when the magic was going your way to when the magic landed on you. Because of it, the action didn't feel like it flowed well.
The choreograph was bad too, almost absent other than the basics.

Drama: Terrible. A lot of tear jerk attempts, some by using the cliche 'sacrifice thy self'. There were 2 instances of it, first Carla and Wendy, and second, Aquarius and Lucy. For some reasons I just find those really cringey. I forced myself to laugh because otherwise I wouldn't be able to handle the cringe. Really really cheap attempt at pulling the heartstring too by showing some flashbacks.
Gray and Silver was wut?; Natsu and Igneel didn't have enough time; etc.

All in all, I am not too sure what's so good about this particular arc. I'd say it's one of the worst arcs in the series. Basically was an action arc, a non-stop action arc, with some poor attempts at drama, and comedy(?). I actually liked the Sun Village arc so much more.

Speaking of Sun Village, it reminds me to talk about Minerva. Oh God, Minerva.. Mashima made a huge mistake trying to redeem Minerva.. What is with him and his attempts at redeeming these bad girls? -.-

Edit: Is it just me or was Gray emo as fuck? Elfman has also became a lot less manly throughout the arc. The villains are also lacking in personality to be called an individual of their own.
Oh ya and people are talking about 'series need darker colour for darker tone', it's not even darker bruh, it's greyed out. -.- It all depends on how you work with it, a series with dark tone can also have bright colour. Also, it doesn't help when you have people throwing jokes out of the left field.
Hunter x Hunter (2011) is a good example. A darker series with bright colour that works.
ToG25thBaamFeb 25, 2016 11:44 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 2, 2016 5:00 PM

Sep 2015
I love this episode <3 but.... Fairy Tail always will have got the same mistakes: very ecchi, comedy in serious moments, etc... But I like Fairy Tail equally.
Mar 4, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
The aftermath episodes of the big boss battles are always soothing me, in every shounen anime.

I was hoping that Lucy might comfort Natsu a little bit when he was mourning Igneel, but no NaLu action this time.

I didn't really realized until I read the forum posts, Natsu is END, created by Zeref? So that is why they are related, and Igneel told him not to open the book nor destroy it. I wonder what would've happened if Gray destroyed the book (wow).

My heart broke when I heard Makarov wanting to disband Fairy Tail. Please let be different..

I do look forward to FT Zero, young Mavis is cute.
Mar 6, 2016 6:57 PM
Dec 2014
I don't know, for some reason I'm disappointed.

Finding Igneel was Natsus main objective all the time and this is all to it?
He's there for a few episodes to fight Acnologia and dies along all other dragons. Also the reasons why he disappeared, I expected a far better story regarding this.

Though I have to say I'm excited where things are going after the timeskip
Mar 28, 2016 9:04 AM

Apr 2011
wtf END = Etherious Natsu Dragneel LOOOOL
Mar 31, 2016 3:50 AM

Nov 2014
Fairy Tail disbanded?! That's not a happy ending...They wouldn't really just disband and all be okay with it!

I'm still grieving Igneel and the other dragons right now, I can't deal with this too...

And Mavis said it wasn't time to use Lumen Histoire, which means they will eventually right? Is there going to be more after Fairy Tail Zero?

I liked Wendy's haircut...But something that I noticed throughout the entire series is that Lucy's hair always changes length. Like a few episodes ago it showed her hair from the back and it was so short it was about shoulder length, but then in this episode, which takes place a week after that episode, her hair was down to the middle of her back. It happened a lot in the first series too!

Doranbolt was really part of Fairy Tail all along?? But if he erased his memories before infiltrating the Magic Council, what was the point? It's not like he could remember what he was supposed to be doing while he was in it...

Etherious Natsu Dragneel? ....Huh? Seriously?

Gruvia <3

I don't get how everyone in the guild just decided to go their own ways and take off! They'll come back, I'm sure they will...I don't want Fairy Tail to END (pun intended) =(
Apr 16, 2016 2:07 AM

Apr 2013
Damn what a way to end this awesome arc! A very emotional episode, I had to shed a manly tear here and there ;_;
Such a pity I have only 12 episodes left until the anime is over, for now at least...
May 6, 2016 6:25 PM

Feb 2016
here i thought we were heading to the climax with the previous episode after all that build up and they decide to wrap up everything and conclude it. aha.

the whole purpose of natsus journey was to find igneel so one does not expect him to just suddenly appear, give 2 weird reasons for why he wasn't present the whole time and then just disappear in the following moment. that's the definition of bad story telling.

also what was the purpose of that whole demon arc that has zeref (who came and disappeared igneel stlye) as it's central figure. he himself says that those nine demons weren't acutally needed at all. with a finger-snap do both mard geer as well as the purpose of this arc disappear.
cartoonartistMay 6, 2016 7:12 PM
Jun 16, 2016 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
WTF DID FAIRY TAIL JUST END?!
Jul 10, 2016 6:16 AM
Jan 2015
I dunno about you , but I cried :'(
Aug 1, 2016 3:31 AM

Jan 2016
it was a great arc from my opinion
I am sad that the dragons- once appeared- a gone now. I would have prefered to see some more episodes with them
It was very sad especially Igneel's death and Natsu's tears...

Man the Gruvia scene was awesome!! I think they will both train together to great stronger to avenge Gray's father
And of course the Jerza scene soooo great for me. He gave her the motivation to improve herself until they meet again in the final fight against Zeref. For me it was very romantic ^_^
Cannot wait to see it!!

It was kinda strange that Makarof just dissolved FT but from the point that everyone must go his own way to get stronger it makes sense someway

I am looking forward to all meeting again and see their progresses!!
Hopefully it will not take too long untill season 3
Aug 24, 2016 5:21 AM

Jan 2012
Meiko92 said:
I don't know, for some reason I'm disappointed.

Finding Igneel was Natsus main objective all the time and this is all to it?

same thought , he should have more screen time.

ot: back to watching ft after kinda long hiatus ,lol lucy left alone

Sep 18, 2016 10:48 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Surprise, surprise, END is Etherias Natsu Dragneel!!!!, Natsu is END!!!!

End of the series for this season, because the next 12 episodes it will be Fairy Tail Zero, the begining of Fairy Tail.... Bye, bye kids!!!!
Sep 20, 2016 9:28 AM

Jan 2016
I feel there is nothing for me to write...
After reading a few comments in the frist page, its nothing for me to say..

It was incredible... beautiful.. and touchy.. ;-; little tears, buti loved every second, now that will happen now.. disbanding, the guild.. Natsu going to train for a year. Natsu might be END(Etherious Natsu Dragneel?? maybe, just maybe??)
Gray and juvia have a moment :3 ;-;

Holding on the present, and we move back to Fariytail Zero Back when it all started :3
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 7, 2017 8:30 PM

Apr 2009
The best arc is over. T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2017 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
Disbanding Fairy Tail? Damn Makarov, surely you don't mean for keeps! I get the feeling there's going to be another timeskip as each character goes their own way to get stronger. It's a bit sad yet also very satisfying. After all of the havoc and the wake up call Tartaros brought to the world of wizards, it seems like the right time to do this. No doubt Fairy Tail will once again band together when the time is right.

This Tartaros Chapter ended up being one of the better arcs in Fairy Tail. While the fights could get (very) repetitive - even by FT standards - there were plenty of powerful moments that more than made up for it. Wendy gaining Dragon Force, Lucy saying farewell to Aquarius, Mira's past, Laxus's determination, Gray vs Silver, Natsu & Igneel, the return of the Dragon Slayer's dragons, Zeref reappearing. It had all of the makings of a final arc and yet it's now left the door open for something bigger.

Tremendously looking forward to Fairy Tail Zero. Anything involving Mavis is a big win for me.

Zel_Ezl said:
I am still shocked and very confused! Like really, really confused! OMG!
My brain stopped working... END means Etherius Natsu Dragneel? O______O
Uhhh...wow. I can't believe I missed that. That just blew my mind. What a time for this 2014 entry to be wrapping up. I dearly hope for a continuation once the manga ends.
ZekkenshinJun 24, 2017 8:09 PM
Jun 25, 2017 9:19 PM

May 2012
That sure is a nice wrap up of this arc I must say! Some nice changes I must say and lots of things that are going to be quite different next.

I do wonder if we'll actually see the progression over the year or only like a timeskip...

Either way looking forward to see what the last 12 episodes of this season has to offer.
Nov 22, 2017 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
This was an amazing series. Time for FTZ
Dec 15, 2017 3:35 AM

Sep 2012
Disbanding Fairy Tail? that's the dumbest thing i heard for a long time, cause how they get jobs then, its pain to walk around town & world & search for them
Jan 7, 2018 7:47 AM

Jul 2009
So all the dragons left...
Wendy's hair is back to normal, Jellal and his gang was kinda useless in Tartaros arc, was more like a filler since they dind't do a thing to stop Face...
Big surprise was Natsu being END and Doranbolt being a member of FT.
Feb 4, 2018 11:07 AM

May 2016
I'm out of words, I have one question was Igneel dead or he just died.
And why the heck is Makarov disbanding the Guild.
Mar 1, 2018 1:16 AM
Dec 2017
they leaving his place ! thats CooL... owaah..
Mar 8, 2018 4:55 AM

Jan 2014
the end of Tartaros Arc.

in the end, they didn't use Lumen Historie. here I wondering what kind of power Lumen Historie.
also a shocking reveal that Mest is one of Fairy Tail.

FT disbanding, but with only one year time skip, I don't think it would do that much for them to power up.
Apr 3, 2018 9:48 PM

Dec 2012
I'm surprised the Tartaros battle arc ended before the end of this season, I'm also pleasantly surprised I enjoyed this episode so much

Almost teared up with the dragons farewells and Natsu crying over Igneel ahh. Still haven't cried once this anime, which feels weird since I normally tear up easily. I'm happy we got to learn something more about the dragons after all these episodes!

Gray and Juvia's scene was unexpected, but it was a sweet. And Laxus' scene too. And Gajeel sleeping was amusing, Gajeel x Levi is my favorite ship ahh. I knew somehow Jellal would appear by shaken Erza.

Very surprised that Doranbolt is actually a member of Fairy Tail?! What does Master mean by disbanding it?! Right after he gave Doranbolt his insignia back?! I want to know more about Lumen Historie!! Ahhhhh!

I want to go on a year long training journey with Natsu ahhh
Apr 23, 2018 8:01 AM

Jan 2018
Oh yes, Wendy's long hair is back! I don't like the short one, so I'm glad that cancer ebi-san reverted Wendy's hair. And oh, Fairy Tail is disbanded? I don't know what to feel about that.
Nov 16, 2018 4:16 PM

Jan 2016
Kay, so many things that happened on this episode;

RIP Igneel,
RIP Dragon,
RIP Badass (short hair's) Wendy,
Freed is gay as always,
Gajeel x Levy,
Gray x Juvia,
Jellal x Erza,
RIP Fairy Tail,
RIP Natsu x Lucy.

Best Episode. 5/5
Jan 11, 2019 10:05 PM
Jul 2016
End to what was a pretty decent arc. This will be my most thoughtful post as a whole in regard to the Fairy Tail series now that the 2014 set is over. I thought it was weird that Jellal didn’t stop to talk with Erza. Like why not chat for a bit and maybe ask her to join the group? And why was Jellal separated from the rest of the group that was just waiting for him? Just weird.

So now Natsu is going to Mount Moboku to sage train for a year similar to Gajeel. Probably a good idea because out of the main group Natsu is behind Erza, Gajeel, and way behind Gray at the moment. And Wendy is catching up to him real fast. Hopefully he can catch up soon.

I thought it was dumb that Jellal’s group didn’t fight anyone this arc, and pretty much no one came to help fight the demons outside of the twin dragons. If there ever was a time for the mass shinobi alliance where a villain takes on multiple heroes this was it. That was kind of a fail.

Shouldn’t Erza still be blind? I love Erza, but a lot of her fights just cause a lot of eye rolls for me. I kind of wonder what is so fearsome about her outside of her pain tolerance because she gets a fucking beat down vs. pretty much every villain she fights but then gets the victory because she hits her opponent with a sword on her last and final attack.

Dorenbolt being a double agent I thought was very clever. I don’t know if it was planned the whole time, but him being a legit member of FT was a nice twist.

I wish that I could see more of a competent Mirajane. It sucks that she gets her ass kicked most fights. I still remember the flashback when Mirajane was a kid beefing with Erza kind of like Natsu and Gray. That’s the Mirajane that I want to see. Otherwise, the white haired siblings are all pretty shitty.

I love Yukino’s English dub. I wish that I could see more of her. Or really just more of the other members from other guilds at this point.

So as I consider continuing this series; I have to admit that I’m getting pretty sick of some of these fail Fairy Tail members. There really should have been some notable deaths this arc. Pretty disappointing no one in the guild has died. I was gearing up for some deaths before starting 2014 as people were talking about how the tone of the series went dark but there has been nothing of consequence at all. The dragons who came back were already dead anyway, Orochimaru brought Gray’s dad back to life with forbidden jutsu, Aquarius has a broken key but is otherwise still alive as far as I know back in the celestial world, the guild fought the biggest of the bads in Tartaros with no help and yet no one dies or gets disabled or anything. Just some hurt minds and spirits. Even Wendy’s hair is back to normal because apparently the crab can grow hair?

And beyond getting tired of the members, I kind of dread watching the fights in the show. They are so drawn out, and it’s always the same thing where the villain says, “oh there is no way you pathetic human, wizard, blah blah blah can hope to defeat me. You should give up while you still can since your power is so puny, and I am unstoppable.” It’s like don’t they have any doubt or fear or caution that a normal person or warrior would have? Haven’t these villains heard of the stories of Natsu raping twin dragon slayers by himself, Gajeel tearing down FT to its foundations, Lexus taking down Raventail all by himself, the FT guild taking down the dark guilds. If you were a villain or a member of a dark guild, even if you were strong wouldn’t you kind of shit yourself a little bit if you had a FT wizard against you? Natsu and Gray defeated the fucking underworld king and you know the next villain that they fight will be like, “Thats the best you can do? Just give up before you embarrass yourself.”

That being said, there were a lot of great moments in the series overall, and I will definitely have some fond memories with a lot of the characters and events in the show. However, due in large part to the general stasis of the show 2014 will be the end of the series for me, and I will not continue with Fairy Tail Zero or 2018.

immuslimJan 12, 2019 3:23 PM
Feb 20, 2019 10:54 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
miskos3 said:
Don't miss the scene after the ending credits, guys :D #bigreveal?

I actually liked the episode a lot. Art wise, it looked really pretty!

I literaly CTRL+Z'd my last viewed episodes to re-check post credits and my reaction was basically "What.....? No...please...fuck you"
Mar 9, 2019 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
Juvia's meeting with Gray drew tears out of me. I think I can say with confidence that despite my love for Jellal and Erza, Gray absolutely has the best character arc in this show. All its most emotional moments involve him somehow.

Wtf was the point in Wendy chopping her hair to symbolize how she's MATURED and isn't the same ol' dragon slaying kiddo she used to be just for her to revert as soon as the drama settles? smh

Doranbolt being a double-double agent AND NOT KNOWING ABOUT IT was a VERY cool twist. I'm suddenly much more interested in this character.

All and all, this arc had some major problems as all Fairy Tail arcs do, but it lived up to the hype and I'd suppose it's my favorite thus far for having more awesome build up, climaxes, and character development, and a team of villains I at least mildly enjoyed (versus the normal) this time around.

It didn't end with the resoundingly dramatic paradigm shift I expected, and resolving a plot point that's been driving the series since episode 1 -- and many of the most important character arcs -- by summoning the dragons for one last hurrah then sending them packing posthaste (in a very final manner, too) was... anticlimactic, to say the least... nonetheless, as an epilogue, this was more a requiem, a black cloud with silver linings, and marks nonetheless the most impactful shift in series progression this show's seen... at least since the end of the Tenrou Island arc, possibly ever.

Seems like a great time to introduce the Fairy Tail Zero arc and probably a good time for me to take a break, too.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 3, 2019 8:08 PM
Jul 2009
Are they really going to do another time skip?
Are they really going to disband fairy tail??
I hope not...
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Aug 29, 2020 1:54 PM

May 2018
Sayonara dragons T_T the feels are too much this episode
Oct 3, 2020 9:57 AM

Jun 2020
I love Fairy Tail, holy shit what a show
This anime shit is addictive
Jan 5, 2021 6:46 PM
Nov 2014
the dragons farewell scene was very emotional, i really like this episode. bye igneel, you were the best of the dragons family.

what happened to franmalth though ? did he survive, he was my favourite tartaros member. funny demon lol.
Apr 11, 2021 7:01 PM
Apr 2021
I can believe natus is END!!!!!!!! Like omg!!!!!!!!! In new to fairy tail and that just shocked the crap out of me... Omg can't get over it. Mind is blown and reeling over that fact..
Feb 27, 2022 12:37 PM
Sep 2020
You got to be kidding me etherium N D or END

I thought fairy tail ran was out of secrets ,so wait a minute why is the book there in the first place?
Did END write it or is it something else entirely ,probably the best cliffhanger .

let me guess Igneel did not want to tell natsu to open becoz of ......ohhh,now it makes sence
Mar 6, 2022 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Oh damn, they revealed who E.N.D. is, it's Natsu.
Going to be interesting to learn about this Etherious Natsu.
Jul 16, 2022 2:19 PM

May 2020
This arc in all honesty gave everything that I for some reason always wanted from fairy tail. We pretty much got the conclusion in the last episode itself, but this was more of an officially signing off episode. Dragons went away and fairy tail got disbanded, not much surprised tbh given this was always coming.

And yes long haired Wendy is back, so it means character development again resets back to zero? LOL. Also that Doranbolt reveal had me rolling there for a minute, really though you shouldn't kid around with your memories.

The biggest revelation of this arc, Natsu being that famed E.N.D., well again fuck those people who spoiled me. In the end, definitely the best arc we had till now(by FT's standards fyi).
Sep 17, 2022 10:44 AM
Feb 2022
Que buen final de arco. Minerva volvió a casa, y no pudo evitar llorar como una niña pequeña. Gray no siente que Juvia tuvo la culpa de nada. Seguro esta agradecido porque gracias a ella, su padre puede descansar en paz.
Todos viajaran para volverse mas fuertes, pero Lucy se ha quedado sola, y al final resulta que Doranbolt si era de Fairy Tail. Ahora es tiempo de ver como comenzó Fairy Tail. Es una pena que Makarov decidiera desmantelarlo.
Nov 1, 2022 4:28 AM
Jan 2016
just finished the episode .. tears .. :")
Oct 11, 2023 6:26 AM
Feb 2021
damn its over....
Nov 17, 2023 1:26 AM

May 2021
For some reason Minerva was extremely cute!!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.