Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 23, 2015 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was kinda predictable.

The fight lasted about half the episode. Lindo coming to the recuse of Ritsuka although he wasn't that rageful as I had originally expected. The ending music was okay, had a softer feeling to it with all the main characters performing it. About time this Vampire King or whatever perished though. I couldn't stand him. Looks like everything is normal again in the end...

Dec 23, 2015 8:56 AM
May 2013
Everything was perfect till she told him that she want to live as human. WHY??? my ship .... Q_Q But all in all this episode was great!
Dec 23, 2015 8:59 AM

Nov 2014
I've seen that coming.
Dec 23, 2015 9:05 AM

Dec 2012
Welp that was kinda cringe-worthy
I had a small hope that she will sacrifice herself or go with the Emo Liar Devil and become the Devil Queen or something like that... nope,still a predictable and cheesy finale with Onii-san.
Dec 23, 2015 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
it was okay ish. most of it was typical and predictable tbh
Dec 23, 2015 9:30 AM

Nov 2007
Dog guy uses his shadow for attack, huh. They finished up weaklings fast, and are taking care of the king, who now tries to get control of half vampire guy using "family love".

It seems like it worked, but it was just his way to get near the king. Student council president guy knows the vampire king is not dead, though, because he hid his heart. Everyone doesn't get a chance to get near his gigantic power, though. The moment she decided to use the power to protect them, she is at the place where OP shown and got the dagger to attack his heart (the dark rose?). Student council guy got her, who got fallen from relieve and losing power, before half vampire guy and confessed to her.

IN song (Dance with destinies) between the three. Half vampire guy, who saw the two, decided to still protect her from afar if she leaves with student council president guy. She needs to decide between leaving with him or staying this world. She decides to stay as the devils left.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 23, 2015 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
I actually felt a little sad towards the end
Nevertheless the whole episode was a bit ridiculous especially when they both proclaim their love for each other. I honestly had to pause the video and scream, "WHAT THE F JUST HAPPENED. THE F?".

Dec 23, 2015 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
This episode was just too predictable but it still did its job of entertaining me at times. Maybe a season 2? 5/10
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 23, 2015 10:19 AM

Feb 2015

Where is the wincest ending that I wanted?

Ritsuka chose to live as a human w/her family, so I suppose that's also good. Lindo still has a chance.
Feels like there's going to be a sequel.

SchwingBonerDec 23, 2015 12:45 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2015 10:37 AM

Sep 2015
Well lets be optimistic, they said they will meet in the near future, lets hope Ritsuka and Rem will cross path again.

Btw i do like the dance with devil song, Ritsuka's voice is perfect for it i guess.
Dec 23, 2015 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
Rise, Lord Maksis! *woof woof*

Nice show. 7/10.

Hoping for a second season.
Dec 23, 2015 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
Wow, so the tsundere always win, I guess ?
That cliffhanger though, but I don't think there will be a second season. x)
Dec 23, 2015 11:20 AM

Feb 2015
Meh! Quite a predictable ending.

SchwingBoner said:

Feels like there's going to be a sequel.

But Lindo's smile though! ♥‿♥
And I'm not getting any hopes up for a sequel. ( Besides, I'm not sure that'll be a good thing.)
Dec 23, 2015 11:29 AM

May 2009
Overall lame story. A lot of things were just.. awful.
However I do like a harem where there's one girl and multiple guys. I still support that principle, lol. I kind of like the characters (and Lindo is just perfect, rofl). The romantic aspect was alright. I would've liked the ending more if Lindo was the one eventually killing the king. (besides.. since when was "killing the king" something that had to be done? they could've just teleported away from the place).

5/10

I would watch a second season for... reasons... mostly for the romance. x)
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Dec 23, 2015 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
The vampire king was killed.

Ritsuka has a peaceful life once again.
Dec 23, 2015 11:54 AM

Nov 2015
I enjoyed watching this anime. It was good so i'll give it 8/10.

Look at this "Gasai Yuno Male Version"
Dec 23, 2015 12:02 PM
Mar 2010
Obvious from day one that she would choose Rem. Poor, poor Onii-sama. His suffering just never ends. I'm just going to wait for the game and enjoy his route. And hopefully in his route, Azuna lives.

5/10 because of Lind and Mage. Otherwise 3/10.

KamiAso was so much better.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 23, 2015 12:11 PM

Apr 2014
We all knew at the end she'd choose Rem, but I was secretly hoping that she'd kill herself with that knife to stop "people hurting others and people getting hurt" Lol that would've been so much interesting just to see the other's reactions and them possibly crying in grief for her and how they'd keep living without no one having the grimoire nor the girl

Actually why did Rem tell her that she had devil blood?

And was that an open ending wth the dog boy welcoming his prescious Lord Maksis that appears to be two black pages of a strange looking book?

I hope for a second season, or at least an OVA because there is not much of a story to be told for a whole cour with that Maksis I think?
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
Dec 23, 2015 12:13 PM

Jun 2014
..............................................................................................................

I literally have nothing to say with this final episode. Everything was so bad.

This show was such a big disappointment. Though it started off with some promise and had some good episodes in the beginning, this last half was just awful. Horrible character development, the story that felt kind of jumbled together, and the puke-inducing songs from Episode 7 onward were the main reasons why this show just didn't do anything for me.

But at least the animation, score, and the plot progression were good, so at this point it's probably a 5.5/10 for me.
DazzlingAnime1Dec 23, 2015 5:20 PM
Dec 23, 2015 12:24 PM

Nov 2007
I liked it. If there is second season I will watch it. It was so funny XD 7.5/10 cover it ;)
Dec 23, 2015 1:06 PM

Jun 2009
Kinda sad they had to part ways. I wanted them to be together happy forever but oh well.
Anyway, I liked the series. The graphics were lovely, music was nice. Although I'm not into musicals, their songs were pretty enjoyable.
It wasn't as awful as I thought it would be.
7/10 (6.5 to be exact, but you can't give halves in the score)
MiniJustaDec 24, 2015 7:10 AM
I like pancakes.
Dec 23, 2015 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
My god was that ending cringey as fuck, especially being with how Rem was easily like the... second worst? third worst? choice out of all the guys. At least she didn't go to the devil world with his dull ass... And at least she didn't go with creepyass Shiki, blegh. That would've been bad enough to be worth rating this down. That fucking love song was the worst song in the show though lmao, why are ballads always so terrible?

Anyway, this show was ok... 6/10, I guess. Gave me some laughs, even if they weren't intentional on the show's part. The ending was really disappointing after the first two or three eps were so good, though.
Dec 23, 2015 1:57 PM

Mar 2012
The final song isn't bad. There are enough materials for a sequel but I wonder if it's selling good in Japan.
Keep moving forward
Dec 23, 2015 2:31 PM

Feb 2013
2 season please? I really enjoyed this anime, she actually chooses someone! So it's a 8/10 for me.
Cute animation, catchy songs, and the funny trio ofc (awww, poor Lindo :<)
Dec 23, 2015 3:06 PM

Jun 2014
I loved this anime from start to finish. Usually I don't like anime where in every episode there is singing, but BY GOD. That was great. The songs were awesome. And in this episode I was hoping she would go with Rem, but she let me DOWN :D. And I wonder if there will be a second season, because of how it ended with Maksis and the dog guy .. I forgot his name.
Dec 23, 2015 3:06 PM
Jan 2015
I loved this anime, a lot. I never had an anime where I was so excited for a new episode. To be honest, I cried when it ended. Dang, I didn't suspect that Rem would suddenly disappear man. Not because of the ship, I simply fangirled a lot about him (oops). The ending is realistic, the choice that she made at least.

But I do think we might get a second season, why? Because the last part. That Lord Maksis was back. That part, made me believe that there might be a chance for a second season. (I hope so)
Dec 23, 2015 3:19 PM

Sep 2010
for a dense girl pick a dense ending are good enough literally she really become her true self. 120% dense girl ending
Dec 23, 2015 3:42 PM

Jul 2013
I'm definitley satisfied with this ending. It would have been hella awesome, if she'd stabbed herself with that knife, but I guess reverse harems don't work that way.

I liked the ending song, was kinda confused why Lindo was singing with them (can he please just disappear?) but was kinda lovely especially the "Dancing with my devil" part. And I kinda feared, there wouldn't be a kiss scene, but thank god I wasn't dissapointed. I even cried a little, when she chose to stay with her family and Rem left her.
But please don't say, she choce Lindo, she definitley did not -.-'

So now I'm waiting for the game and the second seaseon, thanks to teaser doggy.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot, even though normally I can't stand any form of harem, no matter in wich direction. Because of this, and because I liked the art, the music and (most of) the characters, I'll give it a 8/10.
"The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes."

Dec 23, 2015 4:44 PM

Aug 2015
I loved this anime all the way throughout. Was very happy it was Rem X Ritsuka in the end even if she chose to stay behind. I really want more. I want backstory on the devil boys! This was my favorite anime of this season other than s2 of Noragami.
Dec 23, 2015 4:52 PM
Nov 2015
I hated every minute of this episode. The "I love you" exchange made me roll my eyes.

If she had chosen Mage or any other guy it would be more believable.

Nesta death was too easy.

The grimoire is gone, so what do we have for season 2? Her virginity? Ah, yes, we have Rem's personality, because I didn't see it this season.

(See you on next DanDebi season)

4/10
Dec 23, 2015 5:13 PM
Dec 2014
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT. Those son of a bitches. When i started watching this show, i loved every fucking episode. It was like the best reverse harem ever. I mean it got alot of things i really wanted in a reverse harmed anime, Don't get me wrong I Loved this episode, especially when they said I LOVE YOU. I always wanted ristuka and rem to be together, But when they just fucking parted ways in the end, WHAT THE FUCK. She was not even going to be with him. Even other reverses harems had better endings. But god WHY. There have better be a season 2 or i will fucking kill the creators. If this is the final ending to this show, i WILL BE DROPPING IT. MOTHER FUCKERS THAT REALLY HAS ME PISSED. Even diabolik lovers had a realistic ending, well for season 1.
Luna
Dec 23, 2015 5:21 PM
Feb 2015
katiekins said:
I loved this anime all the way throughout. Was very happy it was Rem X Ritsuka in the end even if she chose to stay behind. I really want more. I want backstory on the devil boys! This was my favorite anime of this season other than s2 of Noragami.

My thoughts exactly this and Noragami are my two favorite anime from this season :D & even though some people are bitching about Ritsuka letting Rem go she had her reasons so people gotta calm Down and not make a big fuss about it. This is the first Reverse Harem where we see the protagonist defend herself and chose a guy at the end even if they parted there ways. People should take that into consideration .

Btw I'm pretty sure if this series does well will be expecting a second season with the opening book at the end it leaves up with a hint of a possibility of a sequel ^^

Score 1000000000000000000000000000000000 <3
Dec 23, 2015 6:41 PM

Oct 2011
Season 2 WHEN !!!!!!! T______T
Dec 23, 2015 7:24 PM

Feb 2011
AiraKT said:
I'm definitley satisfied with this ending. It would have been hella awesome, if she'd stabbed herself with that knife, but I guess reverse harems don't work that way.

Well there's one in my watch where the main heroine from a reverse harem does stabbed herself with a knife was

AiraKT said:
I liked the ending song, was kinda confused why Lindo was singing with them (can he please just disappear?) but was kinda lovely especially the "Dancing with my devil" part. And I kinda feared, there wouldn't be a kiss scene, but thank god I wasn't dissapointed. I even cried a little, when she chose to stay with her family and Rem left her.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot, even though normally I can't stand any form of harem, no matter in wich direction. Because of this, and because I liked the art, the music and (most of) the characters, I'll give it a 8/10.

Me too, even I cried a little where it showed Rem disappearing while Ritsuka and Rem shared their first and only kiss they had after their love was mutual: that was sad, I wish he could of stayed in the human realm somehow but I guess the creators has reasons for doing so: even though Ritsuka and Ren aren't physically together but they will always remain together in their hearts ( now she carries his king's crown pendant as her "good luck" charm and the memory they shared their first dance together will forever be locked in Ritsuka's heart, awww). :)

Well Lindo happened to be there during their song was about him accepting Ritsuka's happiness next to Rem and that he'll always watch over her from a far, that's his way of showing his affections towards her: I did saw that very sweet).

Anyway, let's hope for a second season so we get to see Ritsuka and Rem getting united, where their love will always bloom. Very nice anime indeed: 8/10
sweetangieDec 23, 2015 8:41 PM
Dec 23, 2015 9:39 PM

Jun 2014
WTF! She didn't pick the best guy, Lindo!

I definitely enjoyed this more than Diabolik Lovers S2, Ritsuka is much more likeable than Yui and seems to be a bit brighter too!

The final song was really good, and I like that even though she had devil blood in her she chose to remain human and live with her family. (YEAH LINDO STILL HAS A CHANCE!)

All the guys were likeable also, and I really hope that end means we will see an S2 someday!

8/10 from me!
CeissaDesisteDec 23, 2015 9:44 PM
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 24, 2015 12:38 AM

May 2014
Love the ending
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 24, 2015 1:42 AM

Jan 2014
THANK GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2015 4:05 AM

Jul 2012
Eh, she should have ended with Rem in the end. That Onii-san was smirking too, looks like he was so happy Rem is leaving.

6/10
Dec 24, 2015 8:22 AM
Oct 2014
I wish her to end with Rem ...... Hoping for another season ... Loved the anime <3
This anime deserves 8/10
Dec 24, 2015 9:51 AM

Dec 2012
Sonnuvabitch, that was actually really touching. The final song was lovely and warm. I wasn't expecting the bittersweet good bye...ooooor perhaps "until next time"? That little munchkin dog boy had something up his sleeve after all. I figured it felt like there were loose ends that could be explored still so part of me does welcome a second season even though this is a nice way to wrap it up in and of itself.

Dance with Devils certainly took me by surprise. Given the premise, I wasn't the least bit unprepared for the mediocrity of another reverse harem void of a decent heroine and overflowing with formulaic happenings. Well way to slap me in the face with something fresh and enticing. I won't say that Ritsuka was incredible, but a much better change of pace from the submissive, docile, and clueless expectation. She was a bit overly naive but she made her own decisions and when she didn't like something, she actually *gasp* didn't put up with it.

Just like with Starmyu, I like the whole "let's tell a story with music" format. The lyrics felt a little awkward and cheesy at times, but I really like this concept and hope it picks up as a trend in other genres and demographics. 7/10
Dec 24, 2015 5:33 PM

Mar 2008
7/10 because this anime delivered a lot of things they promised. Reverse harem? Check. Lots of bishounen with different types? Check. Good animation? Check. Likeable characters? Check (based on people's comments). Love triangle? Check. Supernatural stuff and action? Check.

This anime was a guilty pleasure of mine so I'll rate it 7/10. Rem/Ritsuka relationship was SO dull until the end, ffs. They didn't deliver the wincest! Lindo was the best guy, following closely by Mage.

I'll watch the second season if they make it. Hopefully with a less stupid Ritsuka.
Dec 24, 2015 6:13 PM

Dec 2015
AiraKT said:

Totally agree with you. Dunno why people keep saying Ritsuka choce Lindo when she choce Rem as her lover. Was pretty clear she loves him.. in their song and even when she said that loves him. Anime's plot was about grimoire and about Maria's kidnapped. I guess was really bad for Ritsuka to leave her mother once she finally found her or leave her cousin. She even considered him like her big brother.

Ritsuka is even half demon and her lifespan is longer than a human one. So please, don't say she choce Lindo cuz is not true. She alredy choce her lover but decided to stay with her family for now, not only with Lindo. She never had feelings for him. I love Lindo, is my second favorite and was glad he respected Ritsuka's feelings.

DWD is a good reverse-harem, different from others and with a strong heroine. I liked her and I was pretty happy that she choce a guy. My vote is 9/10. I loved last scene when Ritsuka got Rem's crown... that means even if they are in 2 different world, they still remember and keep loving to each other. I was really touched when Ritsuka was singing "Dance with my devil...", her voice was so perfect and expresses her love for Rem. Didn't expect both confessions or even a kiss. Was surprised. Think Rem's confession was more better than Lindo's one. Didn't even expect he could say something like he did. Really happy their love is mutual even if Rem is back in demon's world.

One of the best episode in DWD even if the ending was pretty sad... don't like Ritsuka and Rem have to separated. In according to Roen's scene, could be a 2 season like not. Some stuffs are not clear like Maksis-sama or Rem's father. Hope they will make season 2 to clarify these doubts and to give to Rem and Ritsuka chance to meet again and stay together once and for all, they deserve it.
_IceQueen_Dec 24, 2015 6:25 PM

"Dance with my devil, my one and only love... My dear, dear, dear devil. I'll love you forever and ever" ~
Dec 24, 2015 9:47 PM

Oct 2009
While I'm usually really into reverse harem, I'm actually really glad that this is finally over. orz
Dec 24, 2015 11:39 PM

May 2014
Kind of bittersweet
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 25, 2015 2:18 AM

Oct 2010
It was a fun ride, hoping for a second season.

Dec 25, 2015 5:51 AM

Feb 2015
Hmm, that was a bit anti climatic. Why would she just want to live as a human.. I wanted him and Rem to stay together.

But overall okay ending, nothing really new but enjoyable.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Dec 25, 2015 9:04 AM

Mar 2013
There goes my ship... sigh, lol. This show was full of ups and downs, but I'll stick with the ups. The show puts up a dark atmosphere very well, and themes about vampires and demons were super interesting to watch. The guys were the huge plus, smoking hot, hard to dislike.
I also liked that our heroine Ritsuka, fought back till the very end and never let herself be mistreated.
Overall, it did pretty good at entertain me and intrigue me once per week, and would love to see more. 6/10
Dec 25, 2015 10:10 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow, I actually liked the ending very much, that beautiful duet between Rem and Ritsuka. She should've sang more, I like her voice. That was the least cringey song imo. I guess save the best for last.

There was actually quite a lot of blood in this episode, wasn't expecting that. The action wasn't super great or anything, but it made the finale exciting enough. I like how diverse their powers were.

I think the series could've been more interesting though. It has cool characters and all, but they didn't really gave any of them much depth. That's usually a problem with any otoge adaptations, but considering Dance with Devils is the opposite, first anime then game, I still would've liked to see it play out differently from those adaptations. And as much as I liked Ritsuka and Rem, I wish they had more chemistry together. The confession scene and the last song with them together was still very cute though, I love how Rem hugged her after his confession instead of kissing her right away. He was also very understanding, letting her choose her world. That made the goodbye kiss all the more worth it. They'll all see her one day again, huh. The ending scene seemed to hint at a possible second season...and I would probably watch it just for Rem.
tingyDec 25, 2015 10:14 PM
Dec 25, 2015 11:14 PM

Mar 2010
It was a predictable ending, but I still quite enjoyed it. And i like how she decided to be human and that she chose one of the guys: Rem yayyy!!
Dec 26, 2015 4:39 AM

May 2010
Wow, this episode was filled with gore, unexpected.

Tbh Azuna x Ritsuka best pairing, Azuna left her dagger there in her heart just so she could kill the Grimoire, that's tragic but beautiful. Ritsuka broke the cliche thanks to that. Rem is boring, Lindo loses control over himself sometimes (still best boy route imo) and others don't have much a chance.

Good luck waiting for 615 years, lol.

6/10, because Rem is boring and shouldn't be the main guy. Also, some boring parts here and there, writing didn't flow well. And poor Lindo, also that.

PS. Ritsuka's seiyuu has a beautiful voice, and she herself wasn't a bad heroine. If I have to choose between like and dislike, I'd choose the former.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

72 by Slitchka »»
Apr 5, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

43 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

64 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2015

80 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:57 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2015

120 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.