Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2015 4:23 PM

Jan 2015
At least this thread is not as awful as SSY episode 8 discussion.
Dec 12, 2015 4:32 PM

Apr 2011
This ep was so gay it gave me herpes =/
Dec 12, 2015 4:47 PM
Mar 2014
This was a gay-ish episode. The anime is so close behind the manga now.
Dec 12, 2015 5:29 PM

Oct 2011
BEAUTIFUL T________T

Loved every second with Yu and Mika moment. I was in tears throughout TwT

Mika helping Yu save the others <3

OMG KIMIZUKI"S SISTER NOOOOOOOOOO
Dec 12, 2015 5:35 PM
Mar 2015
Dec 12, 2015 5:49 PM

Oct 2013
It's like I could hear the fangirl screams throughout the world. It was long-coming reunion and was damn well done. Love how Mika's willing to trust Yu's friends but of boy, the Demon Army is not accepting him anytime soon as other than a lab-rat for w/e experiments.
Dec 12, 2015 6:23 PM

Nov 2009
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Quick! someone make an anime vine video of Mika carrying Yuu with the Tokyo Ghoul music playing!

No.

Please no...

I heard rumors about MAL being full of homophobes but never actually believed it...well now I see it all. Good job people, very mature. ;)
Dec 12, 2015 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
So much fujobait (they must be dancing for joy) i knew this day would come Yu and mika finally had their sasuke naruto moment
Dec 12, 2015 6:29 PM

Nov 2009
katsu044 said:
Yu and mika finally had their sasuke naruto moment

More like a Nezumi Shion moment...

But hey.
Dec 12, 2015 6:56 PM

Nov 2008
It's funny how many people are screaming "GAAAAAAAYYYYY" when this wasn't even that gay. XD Both Kuroshitsuji and Free! are unquestionably gay-er.

Honestly, the blood-sucking scene was a lot tamer than I thought it would be. I was hoping Yuu would at least have his shirt open all the way. :/ Ah well.
ChiibiDec 12, 2015 7:01 PM

Dec 12, 2015 7:02 PM

Sep 2010
It wasn't just the bloodsucking scene that was homoerotic (with the implications it has). Yuu cupping Mika's face many times, making him blush once and being extremely physical and pressuring. He was looking like a possessive boyfriend at one point. He should keep his hands off Krul's toys.
Dec 12, 2015 7:06 PM

Nov 2008
He was looking like a possessive boyfriend at one point.

That's not how I really saw it....but to each their own. lol

Dec 12, 2015 7:07 PM

Sep 2014
I actually expect to see at least a battle scene, but almost forgot this episode focuses more on Yuu and Mika based from the title of this episode. It's a great episode seeing them reunited through.

I'm kind of worry about the next preview. It's like something will happen to Shinoa...
Dec 12, 2015 7:08 PM

Mar 2009
Fujoshi are going to have a field day with this one...
Dec 12, 2015 7:17 PM

Dec 2012
Mormegil said:

Well I guess you haven't checked the MikaYuu tag on tumblr.

[plays music] Can you feel the gay tonight
Dec 12, 2015 7:25 PM

Nov 2008
Shion657 said:
Mormegil said:

xD They went totally batshit.

Dec 12, 2015 7:40 PM

Dec 2012
Chiibi said:
Shion657 said:

xD They went totally batshit.

Including me so much MikaYuu and enjoying my wine like other MikaYuu shippers. It's a great day to be alive.
Dec 12, 2015 7:47 PM

Jul 2014
azy1999 said:
Shiho's younger sister isn't dead after all ^-^

I was not expecting this at all. Quite shocking.
Dec 12, 2015 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty intense episode with a lot and I mean A LOT of Mika x Yu moments like literally the bromance was strong in this one. Seems the escape method at the airport is not there and damn Kureto has got Kimizuki's sister and has been experimenting on her...But yea was finally the moment that Yu and Mika have reunited and Mika is now a full vampire tho I feel still has his humanity with Yu and is slowly getting more trusting for certain humans at least. I can't wait to see the next episodes since everything is going to blow up with both the main human and vampire forces going out for war!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6_OaBotApU&feature=youtu.be
Dec 12, 2015 9:14 PM

Apr 2014
katsu044 said:
So much fujobait (they must be dancing for joy) i knew this day would come Yu and mika finally had their sasuke naruto moment
Dec 12, 2015 9:18 PM

Oct 2014
Achievement Get: Inner Fujoshi Awakened

read from right to left
Dec 12, 2015 9:52 PM

Jun 2014
HA HA HA GAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAY

but seriously it was an ok ep. i'm not a fujoshi type of gal so i had some good chuckles. bromance or not and after the laughter, it was a good reunion between the two !!!

can't wait to see what happens between mika and the rest of da family ~~~
Dec 12, 2015 10:05 PM

Mar 2012
TwilightMystery said:
MetaKite said:

This is NOT a yaoi/shonen ai. There's none of that stuff because this isn't a BL written by Nakamura that feels the need to draw out drama in the most ridiculous drama possible to keep the story going. This isn't even shonen ai. I'm a woman and I like my yaoi too but not every relationship between 2 close men has to be sexual. Geez. Those 2 act like 2 long lost brothers with Yuu being an immature ditz of the pair.
Okay...I never mentioned a single thing about Yaoi or Shounen ai or the relationship between Yu and Mika being sexual. I just mentioned there was no huge unnecessary misunderstanding between friends.
Sorry, it didn't seem that way to me. Every single post I have ever seen across the net when it comes to circumstances like what happened between Yu and Mika, are usually by people using "BL" standards since majority of the garbage they read would have gone that route of a misunderstanding and drama happening. Even here people seem to push Yu and Mika as a canonical "sailed ship" despite the fact the show is shonen and not even the worst offender of ambiguously gay category. You expecting a misunderstanding translated to me as you being one of them.

I fail to see why you even brought that up because it being yaoi is besides the point. There are many anime, yaoi and shounen ai aside, that always add extra tension to prolong events.
That is exactly what I was saying and why I brought it up. Cliche BL stuff but this isn't BL despite all the bait.

This could have just as easily ended with Mika refusing to accept Yu's family and forcefully kidnapping him. That was his plan all along anyway so it wouldn't have been a surprise.
I doubt that because while Mika is desperate to get Yu away from humans, he won't let Krul take Yu either since she wants to turn him. He knwos safety with the vampires would only be short lived and that's why he just wants he and Yu to get away from everybody.

Or this could have went the Guilty Crown/Madoka Magica/School Days route and have Mika or Yu kill each other.
It's still very early in the story so don't rule out that possibility yet. I maintain that Mika dies in the end for Yu's sake since no way he lives a "peaceful" existence as a vampire when all the conflict is over.

Nope, you misinterpreted my post. I'm just calling it like I see it.
I did. Sorry about that.
Dec 12, 2015 10:12 PM

Aug 2013
This interaction between Yuu and Mika annoys me sometimes, and the anime is almost reaching the manga, I'm curious to see the final development of this plot ..
Dec 12, 2015 10:14 PM

Sep 2010
All those Krul predictions are so wrong.

MetaKite said:
It's still very early in the story so don't rule out that possibility yet. I maintain that Mika dies in the end for Yu's sake since no way he lives a "peaceful" existence as a vampire when all the conflict is over.

You're thinking vampires are the endgame "bad guys" when they only crawled out their underground cities to stop humans from self-destructing themselves. Where are the helicopters or cars to pick up those poor sacrificial pawns I mean soldiers sent to Nagoya, huh? ;)
ThessDec 12, 2015 10:20 PM
Dec 12, 2015 10:21 PM

Sep 2010
TwilightMystery said:
Good point, though I hope that doesn't happen. This happens to be yet another cliche in drama/action anime where the non-human MC usually dies for the human MC.

[spoiler]In last manga chapter, Yuu throws away his humanity and becomes a seraph. Anime is meant to end on that note, chapter 40 and upcoming 41.

There is no human protagonist besides Gurren.
ThessDec 12, 2015 10:26 PM
Dec 12, 2015 10:23 PM
May 2015
I feel sooo bad for Mika! He must really hate himself for becoming the thing he despises.
Dec 12, 2015 10:26 PM

Dec 2012
yeah I feel bad for Mika too it's so sad when he cries :(, but I'm just glad Yuu is being supportive. :D
Dec 12, 2015 10:29 PM

Mar 2012
Thess said:
All those Krul predictions are so wrong.
You're thinking vampires are the endgame "bad guys" when they only crawled out their underground cities to stop humans from self-destructing themselves. Where are the helicopters or cars to pick up those poor sacrificial pawns I mean soldiers sent to Nagoya, huh? ;)

I don't think that at all. Whomever is the Seraph of the End will ultimately be the big bad after the Hiragi family is dealt with (I think for this arc the head of that family is technically the big bad for now). Both Yu and Mika have a good possibility of being it. As for Krul, I think right now she sincerely wants another option to save the world in order for her kind to survive. I don't think she cares what happens to Yu or Mika for that matter as long as they currently benefit her. The second it seems she is using Yu, Mika will turn on her. My concern is that Mika will become so comfortable with being a vampire that he may just try to turn Yu himself down the line."We can be together forever."

TwilightMystery said:
That's alright. I can't say I blame you after looking at all the posts in this thread. 4/5 people seem to be posting about Yaoi/shounen ai so it could seem like I was saying the same things, but I'm glad that was cleared up.

The pleasure is all mine. Thank you for not being one of the and keeping things in perspective.

Good point, though I hope that doesn't happen. This happens to be yet another cliche in drama/action anime where the non-human MC usually dies for the human MC.

I'm actually thinking both of them will survive but as you said, it might be to early to be thinking of these kinds of things. For now let's wait and see if there'll be an anime original ending for the next couple of episode.
Yeah but I do hope it stays true to the manga and ends on a cliffhanger.
Dec 12, 2015 10:45 PM

Dec 2012
Fifty Shades of Seraph

Dec 12, 2015 10:51 PM

Sep 2012
Fan Girls Scream.

Dec 12, 2015 11:03 PM

May 2015
well this is quite good iwonder what action would they take to those doing those experments
so what's the role of the vampires here? are they good? were they spawned to exterminate the greedy filth of humans?
Dec 12, 2015 11:12 PM
Nov 2013
One of my favorite episodes.
Like everyone, I waited that episode of just Yu and Mika.
I liked that little bit of fan service X)
Dec 12, 2015 11:39 PM

Jul 2013
Mirai ;_;
Dec 12, 2015 11:49 PM

Feb 2014
Well that was actually the gayest episode of anime I have ever seen. The fujobait was so powerful........
Dec 13, 2015 12:06 AM

Sep 2010
MetaKite said:
I don't think that at all. Whomever is the Seraph of the End will ultimately be the big bad after the Hiragi family is dealt with (I think for this arc the head of that family is technically the big bad for now). Both Yu and Mika have a good possibility of being it. As for Krul, I think right now she sincerely wants another option to save the world in order for her kind to survive. I don't think she cares what happens to Yu or Mika for that matter as long as they currently benefit her. The second it seems she is using Yu, Mika will turn on her. My concern is that Mika will become so comfortable with being a vampire that he may just try to turn Yu himself down the line."We can be together forever."

I doubt either Mika or Yuu will die.

Anyway, this is a Japanese manga that is gearing to understanding and family among outcasts trapped in sides in conflict.

kurikinton said:
so what's the role of the vampires here? are they good? were they spawned to exterminate the greedy filth of humans?

The Vampire Mikaela novel hints their origins.

[spoiler]It seems connected to an event over 2000 years ago that involved the fall of the angel Michaela.

All vampires were humans but they cease to feel human passions, replaced by bloodlust. That's why they aren't greedy beings, because they don't experience that anymore.
ThessDec 13, 2015 12:12 AM
Dec 13, 2015 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
Gay ep. Jk but oh god @ the bromance.

removed-userDec 13, 2015 12:41 AM
Dec 13, 2015 12:18 AM

Dec 2012
I just realised they forgot to include an important scene
Dec 13, 2015 12:36 AM

Jan 2014
All the homophobes with their "bromance" and "I want one of them to die" bullshit. The two were shooting rainbows from the very first episode. It doesn't have to be a yaoi genre anime for them to love each other because believe it or not, queer people are just like anyone else and can be kick-ass too so take a fucking seat and deal with it or don't continue the show, kids.

Also, in shounen anime, some main characters have romance but that isn't the central plot so it wouldn't be different with two males if that were to happen.
Dec 13, 2015 12:39 AM

Sep 2010
kawaii-despair said:

BD release probably.
Dec 13, 2015 12:55 AM
May 2013
Comander-07 said:
was a bit awkward.. Not the yaoi moments, but after all the "Mika/Yu" Moments you would expect a nicer reunion. Yu nearly let Mika in the dust when he walked away. Could have been showed better in a different way. The art also looked worse then it used to.
But I absolutely need the OST of this EP.
The pacing feels more like episode 10/24 and not like 10/12.

Also, why did it suddenly started to snow? Hell, half the girls are still wearing skrits XD

LOL you don't know? Yuu knows exactly Mika's gonna follow him anyway and all the things happen after that (mika pointing his sword...) are faster than using words to convince him to come back to the human...
Dec 13, 2015 12:56 AM
May 2013
Thess said:
kawaii-despair said:

BD release probably.

wow I almost forgot. thanks ^^
Dec 13, 2015 1:08 AM

Jun 2013
kurapikasass said:
All the homophobes with their "bromance" and "I want one of them to die" bullshit. The two were shooting rainbows from the very first episode. It doesn't have to be a yaoi genre anime for them to love each other because believe it or not, queer people are just like anyone else and can be kick-ass too so take a fucking seat and deal with it or don't continue the show, kids.

Also, in shounen anime, some main characters have romance but that isn't the central plot so it wouldn't be different with two males if that were to happen.

+1

Couldn't agree more.
Too lazy to make a signature. F*** it.
Dec 13, 2015 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
Good to see those two finally reunite, took them quite a while. This anime impresses me because they've managed to at least give the appearance of trying to respect the source material unlike a lot of other adaptations out. Kudos to them, especially with this budget. Now for my nigga Kureto...huhu.

As an unapologetic shipper, I hope I get some more Yunoa moments, she's hella cool. That bromance gives off No.6 vibes but I'm not a homophobic idiot so it's all good. Still rooting for Shino, she can do it.
Dec 13, 2015 2:03 AM

Aug 2013
A_Little_Birdy said:
isn't this suppose to be shounen anime, why is there so much yaoi crap in it.

Well, you are right, it was disgusting.
Aurorae said:
Delicious homophobe tears.

I don't care about yaoi in general (because Anime/manga is a world of fiction and I really like yuri), I just don't watch, but this show is not supposed to be a gay crap, so gtfo with this shit.

And one more thing, not accepting homos is not a phobia. I (we) are not afraid of them (phobia = you are afraid of something), we are just not accepting them (or rather their public demonstrations, and their crying about discrimination), this is a serious difference.
rsc-plDec 13, 2015 2:15 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 13, 2015 2:36 AM

Dec 2012
rsc-pl said:
A_Little_Birdy said:
isn't this suppose to be shounen anime, why is there so much yaoi crap in it.

Well, you are right, it was disgusting.
Aurorae said:
Delicious homophobe tears.

I don't care about yaoi in general (because Anime/manga is a world of fiction and I really like yuri), I just don't watch, but this show is not supposed to be a gay crap, so gtfo with this shit.

And one more thing, not accepting homos is not a phobia. I (we) are not afraid of them (phobia = you are afraid of something), we are just not accepting them (or rather their public demonstrations, and their crying about discrimination), this is a serious difference.

You're right,phobia literally means fear of something. Even so, homophobia is still hatred for homosexuals
Dec 13, 2015 2:42 AM

Sep 2010
Damn. Now I want Kagami to do a Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu on us and have Yuu's and Mika's previous lives as a married couple or lovers as he did with Sion and Ryner for the reactions. Who do you think is writing this? He did a shameless description of how Ferid erotically fed on 12-years old Mika. Just because there aren't romantic feelings involved, it doesn't invalidate the obviously intended homoeroticism which has been in the manga/show/LN since the beginning (sex and eroticism doesn't equal romance).

As long as he promises to balance it with more "family" moments between Krul and Mika, of course.
ThessDec 13, 2015 2:49 AM
Dec 13, 2015 2:53 AM

Aug 2012
That bromance though
Dec 13, 2015 4:18 AM

Sep 2014
Now this was actually a really good episode! Mika wasn't super annoying and the (b)romance scenes were pretty nice! Nothing unexpected happened though, we got just what was expected from this episode.

Interesting with Kimizuki's sister though, wonder where the plot will go with that.
Dec 13, 2015 5:19 AM
Apr 2015
rsc-pl said:
You've been taught to go 'EEEEEEWWWW' when two dudes show romantic affection towards each other on television or in public. That is homophobia. It's not as explicit as beating them up, but it's still a form of verbal agression and discrimination.

What the fuck do you have against two dudes kissing in public anyway? How does it affect you in any way? If heteros can do it, then so can gays and lesbians. Grow up and get over it kid.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

184 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.