Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2015 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The action was alright, at least it gave Basara a decent amount of screen time fighting. Basara's transformation is something else though..

So yeah, the episode felt more like a battle of personal demons rather than just winning a match. Mio was also match against some of the higher tier demons D:

Oh well, seems like the predictable happened and Mio somehow bought Basara bought to his self again. I expect a climax next time.
Dec 4, 2015 9:38 AM

Dec 2014
What a transformation.

One episode left :(
Dec 4, 2015 11:46 AM
Jun 2015
EPIC episode and one more episode to go :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2015 11:46 AM

Nov 2011
This anime is ruined. The last 4 episodes have been utter garbage and it's basically a run away train right now. The story makes no sense anymore, and the fact...THE FUCKING FACT That Yuki Allows Mio to saves Basara and then tells him she loves him is fucking sickening.

Oh you thought those flash backs Yuki was having meant we would work her into the story more? HAHAHA WRONG!

Basara kills that dude, okay I guess that happens, why not make it a huge fight that could have been cool. Then he's laying in the middle of the woods and then he's there...at the battle! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Oh and let's mention all the other fights, Lars vs Maria...terrible, YUKI! slices and dices some dude in seconds, like can we get some fucking action please.

God dammit I hate Mio.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 4, 2015 11:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Damn shit got real at the end O_O I really hope that those council cunts die

Basara's fight against Leohart was really awesome just like I thought it would be and man Basara's transformation and feats during it all was so badass

One more episode left so hopefully this season goes out with a bang (And with a great lewd scene as well lol)
Dec 4, 2015 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
That battle was so engrossing, that i totally forgot that i watch this show for the ecchi. I was quickly reminded though when demon-Basara started ravaging Mio's oppai. Can't wait for the finale.

SoraSenpai said:
The story makes no sense anymore, and the fact...THE FUCKING FACT That Yuki Allows Mio to saves Basara and then tells him she loves him is fucking sickening.

It seemed pretty straight-forward to me. Basara was obviously losing control, if he hadn't lost it already. And Mio was obviously the only one who could bring him back to his senses, because she was the only one with Demon Lord blood, who could even enter the field. Not to mention, she's the alpha female in the harem.
curzon17Dec 4, 2015 12:21 PM
Dec 4, 2015 12:13 PM

Aug 2010
Basara's demon mode looks BA. Love those bright shiny bangs XD
Dec 4, 2015 12:15 PM

Dec 2014
That episode left great action packed episode. ok can't wait for the last episode. I know its sounds silly but the nude scenes seems useless at this time. It seems they are just filling them in
Dec 4, 2015 12:29 PM

Nov 2008
Yep when even I see Basara in his demon Form I think of the Chromatus from Xillia 2 and thats pretty damn cool.

Dec 4, 2015 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was so epic!

Basara's demon mode looks so badass.
Dec 4, 2015 1:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
There were so many derp faces from Mio and Basara LOL

Very nice episode otherwise though.
Dec 4, 2015 1:55 PM

Jun 2014
This episode felt like a clusterfuck of events just jumbled into 24 minutes. I agree with SoraSenpai up above about the story not really making sense anymore, at some point I stopped caring and am now just watching for the hell of it.

Also, I meant to say this in a previous episode forum, but I forgot: I seriously can't stand when Mio and Basara are having their "moments," and then she moans "Onii-chan." I get that they aren't actually related in the first place, but it's still very unsettling. The fanservice and what should be sexy moments lose all appeal as soon as we're reminded that this is practically incest. But for some reason, Japan gets off to that shit.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 4, 2015 1:55 PM

Jan 2015
I really didnt care for this episode. Everything feels so rushed now. Oh well, only one more ep to go.
Dec 4, 2015 2:10 PM

May 2015
Well, that got intense pretty fast. Battle was just meh, to be honest. So shit got real when the sky was raining Heroic Spirits. Let's see how they'll wrap this show up next week.

Dec 4, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2015
Don't really understand what's going on but I'm not here for a deep & meaningful story. More Mio action was good. I get the feeling this series is a couple of episodes short of what it should be. Still enjoyable enough though.
Dec 4, 2015 2:43 PM

Jun 2015
Still confused about the business with the two moms, I guess one was a hero/god and the other a power demon?

Decent episode, but it had to get some ecchi in there.
Dec 4, 2015 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
You know I wanted the fight to be a little better. But if it is following the light novel this way then I should not be complaining. But if it isn't well.... What the hell?!
Dec 4, 2015 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
Loved this ep. Too bad this is only 10 eps instead of 12 or 13.
Dec 4, 2015 3:03 PM

Nov 2015
Yeaaah !! Basara's Demon Lord mod is so coooool
Dec 4, 2015 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
What I dont get is why this season is rated higher then last season.
Dec 4, 2015 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
PISS OFF MIO. You ruined everything... I was waiting for Basara to go berserk all this time, and what I got was only 5mins of badassery. I needed more!
Dec 4, 2015 3:35 PM

Aug 2015
And when i thought this episode would have some serious action...
The battle ended in a flash and the rest was Mio trying to bring Basara back to his senses.
Disappointing episode...
Edit:And the Chaos badass demon-spirit thing:shoots rainbow lasers MANLY AF
Dec 4, 2015 3:43 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my fucking God not again. First DxD, then Rakudai kishi no Cavalry, and now this anime as well. I'm sick of the whole power of love conquers all. I'm sick of seeing the main characters not coming to their senses on their own or triumphing their fears on their own. So generic. However despite that the fight scene was a lot better than the previous episodes. I'm glad that Basara was able to hold on his own before he transform into his badass demon mode, which explains why Basara met up with Sherra in the last few episodes. Leohart is really bad at all so I guess is okay that he's not evil. And now the councilmen are finally making their move by releasing the king of heroic spirits? Too bad there's only one episode left, like seriously who ever decided to give this anime ten episodes are stupid, this anime should've got twelve episodes without rushing the final battle coming up next week. Oh well great episode especially with Basara and Leohart and Basara transformation.
Dec 4, 2015 5:03 PM

Jul 2015
Basara's transformation is op!
Dec 4, 2015 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
Finally things get intense in this episode compared to the last 2 battle episodes. Basara vs Leoheart is pretty good, wish it could have been longer but was still awesome. It was also cool to learn that Basara's other mother is a demon and has some connection the past demon lord which I really hope we learn more about it in the next episode. I also was thinking this episode wasn't going to have fanservice for once which I was surprised by and then we get that awesome scene of Basara just going full beast mode on those Oppai and the kiss was sweet and nice to see Mio save him from that. I really cant wait to see next week's episode which is the last so I can't wait to see how they conclude this season with everyone fighting those heroic spirits!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IYLBBlJvx8&feature=youtu.be
Dec 4, 2015 6:48 PM

Jan 2012
It feels like we skipped an episode. Wasn't Basara passed out in a forest at the end of last week? How is he already at the battlefield? Oh well, the end with all the monsters was random as all hell. Definitely coulda used an extra episode or two, but finale next week I guess.
Dec 4, 2015 8:19 PM

Apr 2014
Why is Mio such a bitch?
Just when we get to see Basara go badass for a change and she have to ruin it up...
So Basara other mom is a demon...two mom, one dad...how is that possible?
Well, next episode will be the end os this season.
For real, Mio just ruin such a good anime, why, just why!

Edited: Thanks God I am not the only one that HATE Mio!
Dec 4, 2015 9:41 PM

Jan 2015
So... What's the battle Result? Basara win? Leohart win? Or it's a Draw. Because all I saw was just a handshake after Mio came to interrupt.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 4, 2015 9:48 PM

Aug 2013
Mascera said:
So... What's the battle Result? Basara win? Leohart win? Or it's a Draw. Because all I saw was just a handshake after Mio came to interrupt.

Looks more like a draw and a truce.
Dec 4, 2015 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
That was a serious letdown.

Basara went from being near death in the woods...to just there. No explanation on how he got up and made it there...he was just there.

The fight looked flashy, but when you break it down it was super lame.

Start = Basara looking flashy and using his speed, but its literally doing nothing. What looks like a lot of action is just Basara jumping around and throwing out energy slashes. Then immediately we know Basara is too weak and then Leohart starts to pound on him.

Finish = Basara takes pill to go demon mode. Not even a contest anymore and Basara fucking insta obliterates him.

It would have been a lot better to see them fighting on equal terms for a bit. Both parts of the fight were completely lopsided with who was more powerful.

And of course Basara's demon mode was kind of a letdown. I called it last week, that his new form wouldn't actually be a new form and it would just be a temp plot armor power boost...sure enough, he has no control over that form whatsoever, and it kills his body so he cant perma use it. Pretty disappointing since normal Basara is laughably weak.

The only way he can redeem himself is if he manages to voluntarily unlock some new form when he deflected that last blast at the end of the episode.

Have a feeling every single one of those council members will die next week.

Final episode will be:
10 minutes or less of final boss fighting
5 minutes or less to tie up some plot ends of the arc in the demon realm
10 minutes or more devoted to them all being back home and happy and doing some extremely lewd orgy again.
Dec 4, 2015 11:48 PM
Apr 2015
I'm confused, judging from the previous season last episode teaser didn't Leohart also had some magical super armor?

Can someone who read the light novels tell me if this was anime original (along with that heroic spirit nonsence)?
Dec 5, 2015 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
HollowIchigo58 said:
Yep when even I see Basara in his demon Form I think of the Chromatus from Xillia 2 and thats pretty damn cool.

only redeeming thing about this season was being reminded half the characters in the demon world look like chromatus

S2 preview hype was a lie somehow this season has ended up more disappointing than the first one
Dec 5, 2015 12:26 AM

May 2014
Epic
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 5, 2015 1:12 AM

Apr 2011
eh can't really expect much from the story building when they only have 10 episodes to work with. I'm betting leonhart's onee-san will save them or something. I can only imagine all the internal thoughts that are missing from this adaptation, time to go LN...
Dec 5, 2015 5:06 AM

Jun 2013
how did he get here from the forest and god dammit bitch just let him be badass for once so they just shake hands like nothing happened k
Dec 5, 2015 5:08 AM

Feb 2015
Still better than the rest of the harem shows this season.

Need to wait to get the RAWs of volume 9.
Dec 5, 2015 5:41 AM

Nov 2010
Watching this show for the fanservice, this episode made no sense whatsoever.
Mio calms Basara down and now they're all buddy buddy with Leohart wtf.
Rinji-Dec 5, 2015 5:47 AM
Dec 5, 2015 5:48 AM

Dec 2014
Leohart from heel to face in a matter of minutes.... :/

Mio intervenes... So Leo wins the fight???
It will be forgotten by next episode i guess....
That cheater really chose to fight Yuki and onee-san???
Dec 5, 2015 8:08 AM

Aug 2013
The tension created in the last episode was quickly undone by the arrival of Basara for the fight, and it was a good fight, even Basara hiding their power to the end, and that power, really a overpower protagonist, I'm already looking forward to the last episode of anime ..
Dec 5, 2015 9:12 AM

Feb 2015
Good fight Basara, i like the rage.
Next week will be the last episode :(
the lewd scene inside basara's mind, i clearly saw that coming.
Dec 5, 2015 12:27 PM

Jan 2014
Ugh that Ecchi scene in Basaras mind was so uncalled for, but whatever.. it's not like i didn't expect it, just.. that's was so bad. A decent episode beside that.
Dec 5, 2015 3:23 PM
Apr 2014
I don't know why but this feels so all over the place. Random scenes and plot thrown together. No explanation of anything (why did Basara and Leohart stop the battle after Mio transformed Basara back?).

It's all just one big random stack with nude scenes every now and then. At least the censoring is kinda funny (but even that was better/funnier in the first season)
Dec 5, 2015 10:36 PM

May 2015
Fatal_Futanari said:
Everything feels so rushed now. Oh well, only one more ep to go.
+1

Crashmatt said:
I get the feeling this series is a couple of episodes short of what it should be. Still enjoyable enough though.
+1

alphazero4um said:
You know I wanted the fight to be a little better. But if it is following the light novel this way then I should not be complaining. But if it isn't well.... What the hell?!
+1

Raydnt said:
What I dont get is why this season is rated higher then last season.
I have to agree in my opinion season 1 was better... I felt that season 2 really started when the arena fight was announced I still enjoy this season but to me it felt rushed the story so far is okay but the fights are too short for my taste...

Aoi_Shinigami said:
And when i thought this episode would have some serious action...
The battle ended in a flash and the rest was Mio trying to bring Basara back to his senses.
Disappointing episode...
Edit:And the Chaos badass demon-spirit thing:shoots rainbow lasers MANLY AF
This... I was like really rainbow lazer... WTF!

Too bad there's only one episode left, like seriously who ever decided to give this anime ten episodes are stupid, this anime should've got twelve episodes without rushing the final battle coming up next week. Oh well great episode especially with Basara and Leohart and Basara transformation.
+1

animefan8800 said:
It feels like we skipped an episode. Wasn't Basara passed out in a forest at the end of last week? How is he already at the battlefield? Oh well, the end with all the monsters was random as all hell. Definitely coulda used an extra episode or two, but finale next week I guess.
+1

Jonesy974 said:
That was a serious letdown.

Basara went from being near death in the woods...to just there. No explanation on how he got up and made it there...he was just there.

Start = Basara looking flashy and using his speed, but its literally doing nothing. What looks like a lot of action is just Basara jumping around and throwing out energy slashes. Then immediately we know Basara is too weak and then Leohart starts to pound on him.

Finish = Basara takes pill to go demon mode. Not even a contest anymore and Basara fucking insta obliterates him.

It would have been a lot better to see them fighting on equal terms for a bit. Both parts of the fight were completely lopsided with who was more powerful.
+1
Dec 5, 2015 11:23 PM

Jun 2013
And another second season of a series suffers from the fact that everything had to be jam packed into only 10 episodes. :'(

I'm looking at you, Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Eyebrows
Dec 6, 2015 1:12 AM
May 2015
One more to go.
Dec 6, 2015 1:54 AM

May 2014
One more then its over
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 6, 2015 3:19 AM

Aug 2015
Could anyone explain to me what was that pill and why he turned into demon?
Dec 6, 2015 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
Well, I was right on my last prediction. It was pretty predictable, really. So Basara team up with Leonhart against the council who ends up being evil cunts. That council don't seem very clever.

Mio tackled Basara so hard that she entered his mind and made a space trip with him. That or they were both super high.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 6, 2015 11:47 AM

Aug 2013
Darkrazor22 said:
Could anyone explain to me what was that pill and why he turned into demon?

Well in episode 6 after a intense training with his father Jin told Basara about how he has three limiters in his powers and told him about his two mothers. Sherra (Maria's mother) gave Basara the pill to unlock his inner demon power, which you can guess that one of Basara's mothers is a demon, in fact his demon mother is part of Demon Lord clan because that would explain why Basara was able to enter the Demon Lord battlefield without using the Banishing Shift to fight Leohart, so Basara is also part of the Demon Lord clan just like Mio. And Sherra also said that the pill could also unlock his other mother's power as well.
Dec 7, 2015 3:23 AM
Aug 2015
Does anyone not realize that rainbows are BAD ASS? like come on guys... its like every color... like every element of power combined into 1 GIANT RAINBOW LAZER its not a laughing matter
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

81 by Lmonman »»
Jul 21, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

138 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 7:19 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

70 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 5:44 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.