Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »
Sep 12, 2012 1:08 PM

Apr 2010
What kind of "end" was this supposed to be ?
Watched all those 26 episodes...for this ? pff >.>

edit: the comments here are even funnier and better than the anime xD
SD_CVSep 12, 2012 1:12 PM
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Sep 27, 2012 9:58 PM

Mar 2012
the anime was fine until ange was introduced, from there everything went from interesting story to a stupid filler that revolved around Ange...then the main story became battler using the same logic over and over, Beatrice randomly using the fact battlers mom was not his mom, and then forcing the show to end making it seem as if Beatrice lost, even though Battler was totally wrong....the logic was so messed up i think i wasted the last few nights watching this anime....to top it off, no clear ending was made in the anime, a complete joke from start to never ending finish

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 27, 2012 11:55 PM

Aug 2009
Venom900 said:
the anime was fine until ange was introduced, from there everything went from interesting story to a stupid filler that revolved around Ange...then the main story became battler using the same logic over and over, Beatrice randomly using the fact battlers mom was not his mom, and then forcing the show to end making it seem as if Beatrice lost, even though Battler was totally wrong....the logic was so messed up i think i wasted the last few nights watching this anime....to top it off, no clear ending was made in the anime, a complete joke from start to never ending finish

"Without love it cannot be seen."

And what did you expect from an anime that was supposed TO HAVE A 2ND SEASON.
Blame studio deen for wasting a great story.BUT yeah the anime is just bad.
Oct 20, 2012 2:39 AM

Feb 2012
I hate when they always do this make anime series like cheap and not giving the most important information in the end like they supposed to be. And I am guessing they don't make Season 2 anymore.

However how I felt final episode was:

Ange's magic powers was so cool to watch when she resurrected sakutaro and gave peace finally to Maria.

When Beatrice was prison in that Meta world finally Bernkastel brought Battler back to scenes and we get to see awesome moments regarding that Ange told Battler she is her sister and that was a sad part of this episode.

Battler finally defeated Beatrice with his blue text and he was really amazing all that reasoning he had. Beatrice had final trial up on sleeves and anime ended there now I am really mad!

Because I watched like 10 Episodes for day to finally get to know answer to most critical question here. Who was that person X?
Oct 20, 2012 3:31 AM

Aug 2009
Mixxu said:
I hate when they always do this make anime series like cheap and not giving the most important information in the end like they supposed to be. And I am guessing they don't make Season 2 anymore.

However how I felt final episode was:

Ange's magic powers was so cool to watch when she resurrected sakutaro and gave peace finally to Maria.

When Beatrice was prison in that Meta world finally Bernkastel brought Battler back to scenes and we get to see awesome moments regarding that Ange told Battler she is her sister and that was a sad part of this episode.

Battler finally defeated Beatrice with his blue text and he was really amazing all that reasoning he had. Beatrice had final trial up on sleeves and anime ended there now I am really mad!

Because I watched like 10 Episodes for day to finally get to know answer to most critical question here. Who was that person X?

There wont be a 2nd season.If this is good or not depends on what you think of the anime.

Beatrice gave up because she was bored with Battler's incompetence .Battler didnt solve anything.

It would be nice if person x was the only thing that needs an answer.
Oct 23, 2012 11:46 PM

Jun 2012
well they could have resolved more but still not bad the game was from the start not to find the truth but to be able to prove everything with explanations even if it was all crap he said he won
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Oct 24, 2012 2:46 AM

Aug 2009
ichigo1991 said:
well they could have resolved more but still not bad the game was from the start not to find the truth but to be able to prove everything with explanations even if it was all crap he said he won

lol no
Oct 27, 2012 9:29 AM
Apr 2012
battler needs more love...if chiru ever gets animated i might watch it as a VN reader the anime ruined the atmosphere but I dont really mind it to be more relaxing considering the
Dec 15, 2012 2:56 PM
May 2012
...I did not like that ending. It left me so confused and set to see another season -_-

I also wanted to see more of Bernkastel. And srsly, what's with the whole mystery behind who's Battler's mother. for a second I thought it might've been Beatrice herself >.>
Jan 21, 2013 3:04 PM
Feb 2012
I can't believe this is how it ended. I major cliffhanger. Though, it's obvious how it's gonna end but I still wanna see it. That's what it is with cliffhangers. You know how it's gonna end but you still wanna see it.
Jan 21, 2013 3:07 PM
Feb 2012
Sophilia said:
...I did not like that ending. It left me so confused and set to see another season -_-

I also wanted to see more of Bernkastel. And srsly, what's with the whole mystery behind who's Battler's mother. for a second I thought it might've been Beatrice herself >.>

I also thought that she could be his mother too, especially when she mentioned his sin six years ago. I really wanna know what his sin was. Some sort of acknowledge og her being his mother? That was one of the thoughts, anyway. Gah, I'm so confused and that confusion makes me long for another season! T-T
Apr 13, 2013 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
I heard that the visual novel better than the anime. I'll watch the gameplay of umineko.
Apr 16, 2013 9:21 PM

Jun 2012
ssjokg said:
ichigo1991 said:

lol no

well so far i remember she told him all he had to do was for him to be able to explain everything in a way so he can deny magic and can prove it could be done by humans so there was no saying like find out the truth. but oke i agree in the end of course her main goal was probably for him to find out the truth but he didn't know that at the start so even if he talked crap he would still win but then she probably would keep the game going but we never know.

if i am still wrong mind to explain then i might have miss understood the anime and time for a re watch and ye i know slow reaction i didn't react to people until recently.
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Apr 26, 2013 8:51 AM

Mar 2013
ssjokg said:

There wont be a 2nd season.If this is good or not depends on what you think of the anime.

Beatrice gave up because she was bored with Battler's incompetence .Battler didnt solve anything.

There wont be a second season FOR SURE ?
If thats true please let me know, so i can start playing the VN
Apr 26, 2013 9:08 AM

Apr 2008
Rykyr said:
ssjokg said:

The anime sunk harder than the Titanic. I recomend the PS3fication patch if you were offput by the graphics of the original novel :P
Apr 28, 2013 4:20 AM

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Rykyr said:
ssjokg said:

The anime sunk harder than the Titanic. I recomend the PS3fication patch if you were offput by the graphics of the original novel :P

Thats a shame.. Im not used to VN yet but what can i do , i wanna learn the true ending :3
Apr 28, 2013 4:31 AM

Aug 2009
Rykyr said:
Darklight0303 said:
Rykyr said:
ssjokg said:

Thats a shame.. Im not used to VN yet but what can i do , i wanna learn the true ending :3
Well it isnt hard.It isnt any different than reading a pdf+img+bgm.It is linear too so you just read.
Apr 28, 2013 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
ichigo1991 said:
ssjokg said:
ichigo1991 said:

lol no

well so far i remember she told him all he had to do was for him to be able to explain everything in a way so he can deny magic and can prove it could be done by humans so there was no saying like find out the truth. but oke i agree in the end of course her main goal was probably for him to find out the truth but he didn't know that at the start so even if he talked crap he would still win but then she probably would keep the game going but we never know.

if i am still wrong mind to explain then i might have miss understood the anime and time for a re watch and ye i know slow reaction i didn't react to people until recently.

No the thing is that Beatrice could have denied most of his blue truths.She didnt because she saw no meaning in continuing this.
Apr 28, 2013 4:38 AM

Mar 2013
I just checked some videos in youtube and i just realised there's voice too ! :D
Another thing, i cant seem to find the ps3 patch for chiru , is it released yet ?
(for example no links for patches are here http://uminekofix.wikia.com/wiki/Core_Arcs )
Apr 28, 2013 4:47 AM

Aug 2009
Rykyr said:
I just checked some videos in youtube and i just realised there's voice too ! :D
Another thing, i cant seem to find the ps3 patch for chiru , is it released yet ?
(for example no links for patches are here http://uminekofix.wikia.com/wiki/Core_Arcs )
Not yet.They said it would be released between April and the end of MAy but you never know.
Apr 28, 2013 6:41 AM

Jun 2012
ssjokg said:
ichigo1991 said:
ssjokg said:
ichigo1991 said:

lol no

No the thing is that Beatrice could have denied most of his blue truths.She didnt because she saw no meaning in continuing this.

ye oke true but at a certain point some one pointed out that how he can be so certain the blue truth was the real truth if i remember well. but its long ago that i saw it so i am not to certain my self now probably time for a rewatch.
Apr 28, 2013 6:49 AM

Aug 2009
ichigo1991 said:
ssjokg said:
ichigo1991 said:
ssjokg said:
ichigo1991 said:

lol no

ye oke true but at a certain point some one pointed out that how he can be so certain the blue truth was the real truth if i remember well. but its long ago that i saw it so i am not to certain my self now probably time for a rewatch.

I dont get what you mean but you cant be certain that BT is real.
To make it easier:
It is mainly used to represent a possibility to counter the logic of the Witch's Side, but can also be used against humans as well. Statements said in the Blue Truth must continue to abide by the Red Truth and can be assumed to be true, unless they are directly refuted by the Red Truth, or the Golden Truth.
Apr 28, 2013 4:11 PM

Jun 2012
ssjokg said:
ichigo1991 said:
ssjokg said:
ichigo1991 said:
ssjokg said:
ichigo1991 said:

lol no

I dont get what you mean but you cant be certain that BT is real.
To make it easier:
It is mainly used to represent a possibility to counter the logic of the Witch's Side, but can also be used against humans as well. Statements said in the Blue Truth must continue to abide by the Red Truth and can be assumed to be true, unless they are directly refuted by the Red Truth, or the Golden Truth.
okay well it really is to long ago for me to remember the anime so i guess i need to re-watch the show other wise i keep bothering you with stuff in this thread which is not my purpose at all.
Dec 24, 2013 2:21 PM

Apr 2013
Am I the only one who pitied Beatrice? I rly wanted her to win...when the stakes pierced her I was feeling so fckin bad. All Beato wanted was to be accepted as a witch but...poor Beato. Not to mention those two witches Bernkastel and Lamdadelta. Man why they aren't on Beato's side. Witches must ally. Also about Maria and Rosa. Maaaan I was feeling so good when she was torturing her and killing her over and over. That awful mother who cared only to get facked and not care for her daughter. Burn in hell Ushiromiya Rosa!! Rest in piece Ushiromiya Maria, the origins witch.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Dec 27, 2013 4:42 AM

Nov 2012
OH GOD DMN WHY MY FAVOURITE ANIME ARE ALWAYS UNFINISHED???

Probably the best thing I ever watched, but cant put it on 1st place because of no ending...
Feb 1, 2014 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
Don't know how to feel about this - Since i've seen some play/walkthroughs for the VN, indeed the VN looks much much better.
Gonna play the VN someday.
7/10
Feb 1, 2014 8:07 AM

Apr 2008
Sylverith said:
Don't know how to feel about this - Since i've seen some play/walkthroughs for the VN, indeed the VN looks much much better.
Gonna play the VN someday.
7/10

Get the PS3fication patch when you do. You get better art and the anime voices
Feb 6, 2014 11:49 AM
Dec 2013
The VN is great, but very slow in the beginning. I would say it is worth it, but Ryukishi goes of on some strange tangents at times.
Apr 24, 2014 8:40 AM
Aug 2012
who is his mother ? could it be beatrice? its possible is it not what was the sin from 6yrs ago? did he push beatrice of that cliff or was he the reason she was locked in the hidden mansion being illegitmate and all erm? what where those cells used for? wat was the meaning of the last sentence hes the only one left? didnt maria pass the test? also him being the only one does that mean it was him all along and he shld kill him self breaking the promise with ange? so much left without answers the last arc of this series was kinda terrible in comparison with the first and 2nd with out a decent ending or second season or something its kinda lowered the score i guess ill do some of the vn could someone tell me if there are anythings i said answered in it yet?
Jun 28, 2014 2:14 AM
May 2014
this was probably one of the most confusing animes ive seen.

however after going over it over and over again i actually began to understand it. still a little confused though.

dont think ill be watching the next season if there is one because its already foreshadowed by the other two witches that beatrice cannot win. also from other references that no one actually returned from the island and that battlers sister and aunt were the only survivors.

lol ust spoiled t a bit. it was a decent anime at least.
Jul 7, 2014 1:25 AM

May 2014
Dark_Requiem said:
GarLogan78 said:

Beatrice said in red that his sin has nothing to do with her.

Beato says The sin I am now demanding that you remember is not between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice, but she also says that It was from Ushiromiya Asumu that Ushiromiya Battler was born.; so there are 2 Battlers. The sin may have no connection with this other Battler Ushiromiya but it could still have a connection with the one we all know.

and come on let me enjoy my joke theory :P

Beatrice isn't her real name though, so she may have been using that to block the truth
Jul 7, 2014 1:39 AM

May 2014
I finished this yesterday at 23:45 lol. cliffhanger, wow, wth
Jul 7, 2014 2:36 AM

Aug 2009
SaffronKaizoku said:
Dark_Requiem said:

Beato says The sin I am now demanding that you remember is not between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice, but she also says that It was from Ushiromiya Asumu that Ushiromiya Battler was born.; so there are 2 Battlers. The sin may have no connection with this other Battler Ushiromiya but it could still have a connection with the one we all know.

and come on let me enjoy my joke theory :P

Beatrice isn't her real name though, so she may have been using that to block the truth

Regarding the red truth about Asumu[spoiler]Stillbirths do count as births. Like many other things there isnt one only definition to the word.
Jun 11, 2015 3:30 AM

Sep 2013
WTF was that ending! Worst anime ever!
Aug 21, 2015 3:28 PM

Feb 2015
That's no good. That's no good at all.

So disappointed with this ending.
Sep 23, 2015 3:09 PM

Jun 2014
This adaptation is a fricking disgrace to its source. 3/10 with the shitty buildy up towards events that is meant to have shock factor. Do yourself a favour and read the VN, well worth your 100 hours.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Mar 5, 2016 3:50 AM

Mar 2010
This was horrible. Granted, the visual novel may be better, but the anime just doesn't work as a stand-alone project.

Characters were bland and boring, not to mention inconsistent. Battler in particular is an idiot. The story was confusing and not in a good way. I enjoy mind-screws, but this was just nonsensical. I understood a lot of it through reading forums where people who had read the VN provided some additional info, but I wouldn't have been able to if it wasn't for them. This is a mark of bad writing. The amount of pointless fanservice bothered me greatly, too. The final """"battle"""" with Battler just spouting nonsense and Beatrice taking it without trying to disprove anything was just pathetic. And don't get me started on the """"ending"""". That being said, some scenes were enjoyable on a certain level and it did grab my attention, even though it was a trainwreck.
So I'm thinking 4/10 or 3/10, still undecided at this point.
Apr 4, 2016 1:09 AM
Nov 2015
In one word...... boring
I was hoping it would be something like 'Then there were none', but it did not reach upto my expectations. I love mystery stories and i heard that the novels were good, so I gave this anime a try.....oh what a bad idea it was...totally wasted my time.

There is no character development and the anime did not bother to explain the plot. I did not get why Battler was so hard on trying to disprove the existence of magic and on the other hand he did not want to believe that the murders were committed by one of the family members........dude what do you exactly want??
Apr 4, 2016 2:25 AM

Mar 2016
midorima-shin said:
In one word...... boring
I was hoping it would be something like 'Then there were none', but it did not reach upto my expectations. I love mystery stories and i heard that the novels were good, so I gave this anime a try.....oh what a bad idea it was...totally wasted my time.

There is no character development and the anime did not bother to explain the plot. I did not get why Battler was so hard on trying to disprove the existence of magic and on the other hand he did not want to believe that the murders were committed by one of the family members........dude what do you exactly want??

This anime doesn't exist .What are you talking about .

Character development isn't necessary ,the plot is pretty much clear ,no normal person wants to believe that the people he knows are murderers ,Battler wanted to disprove magic in order to explain the culprit (who he asumed was the mythical 19th person) .
Apr 4, 2016 10:04 AM
Nov 2015
TheDeadApostle said:
midorima-shin said:
In one word...... boring

This anime doesn't exist .What are you talking about .

Character development isn't necessary ,the plot is pretty much clear ,no normal person wants to believe that the people he knows are murderers ,Battler wanted to disprove magic in order to explain the culprit (who he asumed was the mythical 19th person) .

I understand why he did not want to suspect his family. But there wasn't any 19th person right?? and he did not even try to go looking for this extra person
Aug 25, 2016 12:29 PM

Jun 2015
In what world is it ok to have an ending like that without a second season.
Oct 28, 2016 12:07 AM

Jun 2011
What a fucking waste of time. I hate that this show tries to be a little like Higurashi, the crazy annoying face Maria makes, the witch thing and the whole event repeating. I disliked the idea, the whole story, it was overcomplicated for no reason, confusing, and all this time, I have no idea what are we solving the cases for, like, it seems pretty fucking pointless because we were shown the killing process. The ending was even worse, Battler basically just listed a whole lot of possibilities that are rather farfetched and called it a fucking day. I have no idea what Beatrice was even on about. Ange? Aunt Kasumi? The hell?

The show lost my interest by episode 5, having seen Higurashi, this just doesn't match up. I am aware that this is a poor adaptation, but the core story should be the same.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 17, 2017 1:22 PM
Sep 2015
I really enjoyed this anime, but the ending... Are you kidding me? ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME?? No, it just can't end like this. The ending was too consise and it clearly needs a continuation. Though I suppose there won't ever be a second season and I am blaming all of you people who are hating on the show because of your bias towards the VN and the Higurashi series. This anime was by no means bad, and I enjoyed it as much as the Higurashi series, if not more, but for completely different reasons. I have not watched the VN (and probably never will, since I am not too found of VN's) or read the manga, but I even if I end up doing that I don't think my opinon on the anime adaption will change at all. Great voice acting, amazing opening and a good art style. There is absolutely nothing to compain about, except the ending ...
May 15, 2017 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
Krunchy said:

Probably the best thing I ever watched, but cant put it on 1st place because of no ending...

someone_else_ said:
I really enjoyed this anime, but the ending... Are you kidding me? ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME?? No, it just can't end like this. The ending was too consise and it clearly needs a continuation. Though I suppose there won't ever be a second season and I am blaming all of you people who are hating on the show because of your bias towards the VN and the Higurashi series. This anime was by no means bad, and I enjoyed it as much as the Higurashi series, if not more, but for completely different reasons. I have not watched the VN (and probably never will, since I am not too found of VN's) or read the manga, but I even if I end up doing that I don't think my opinon on the anime adaption will change at all. Great voice acting, amazing opening and a good art style. There is absolutely nothing to compain about, except the ending ...

read the fking manga , anime ends half-way while manga covers everything

anime covers the first 4 episodes of VN so read the manga from the 5th episode
May 16, 2017 10:01 AM

Nov 2012
juicykitten95 said:
Krunchy said:

someone_else_ said:

I finished whole VN long time ago, it's masterpiece.
May 12, 2018 2:21 PM

Oct 2017
It was really enjoyable for me. It's a big shame that the anime didn't got a proper ending. I'm not a big VN or a manga fan so i think this is the for me.

Theory: Maybe Beatrice was the mother of Battler?
Feb 1, 2019 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
On one hand, this show actually had some really clever moments and mind games. On the other hand, it had poor pacing resulting in the story becoming too convoluted, and had no ending.

Hmmm... 4/10
Mar 2, 2019 7:36 AM
Apr 2016
Krunchy said:
juicykitten95 said:

Better than anime? I'm not sure if I should start from the beggining or play just Chiru and skip the first 4 episodes...
Mar 2, 2019 9:36 AM

Nov 2012
JanPri said:
Krunchy said:

Better than anime? I'm not sure if I should start from the beggining or play just Chiru and skip the first 4 episodes...

Much better than anime, I suggest to read VN or manga from beginning, because anime skips hell load of content. But if you aren't basically interested in details anime finish where Chiru starts off.
Dec 6, 2019 4:44 AM

Sep 2010
JanPri said:
Krunchy said:

I watched this anime years ago and I remember hating the hell out of it. I bought the VN on Steam after seeing so much recommendations about it everywhere (I read visual novels in general quite a lot), so I finally gave it a go. It's WAAAY better than the anime can even try to be. You get much more details on the story and character developement for almost the whole cast. The whole thing is more sensible in general. If you have PS3 I recommend reading that version. I'm using the mod for Steam version myself because Steam version doesn't have voices and has horrible sprites.
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 7, 2009

237 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 4, 2023 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.