Forum Settings
Forums

Texas teacher was fired for refusing to use male name for transgender student

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 18, 2015 7:02 AM

Mar 2014
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 18, 2015 7:14 AM

Oct 2015
A post-op tranny "penis" is god damn disgusting, it looks nothing like a penis and has leg hairs/ass hairs coming from, ugh!

Surgery and muh pronouns are not the answer for these freaks, mental help is.
ShinoafuNov 18, 2015 7:18 AM
Nov 18, 2015 7:24 AM

Jul 2014
Whoa. Damn, it's hard to deal with kids in such circumstances - not only there're overprotective parents, but also sjws and all the crazy laws.

While I hate abusive teachers as much as everyone else, I must say that in the end I think their role is to teach, not psychological counselling or playing Narnia. I don't think that school should deal with stuff like that, it's degrading for teachers too. It's professional relationships. Wanna change your name - change it legally.
What's good in this? Nobody would put up with your shit like that after school anyway.
Nov 18, 2015 10:12 AM

Jun 2014
Smfh the school shouldn't bow down to a single kid's demands.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Nov 18, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2015
>six year old
>transgender
>this is legit
>Murica 2k15
Nov 18, 2015 10:22 AM

Jan 2011
Shinoafu said:
A post-op tranny "penis" is god damn disgusting, it looks nothing like a penis and has leg hairs/ass hairs coming from, ugh!

I'll take your word for it since I don't want to see any pics.
Nov 18, 2015 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
Szefi said:
>six year old
>transgender
>this is legit
>Murica 2k15
Nov 18, 2015 10:30 AM

Oct 2009
I think it's too late now, no turning back murica.
This is your future, I can see it

The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 18, 2015 2:44 PM

Mar 2012
ErwinJA said:
Josh said:
Wiki says that "transgender people experience a mismatch between their gender identity or gender expression and their assigned sex." HealthyChildren.org says that "before their third birthday, most children are easily able to label themselves as either a boy or a girl. By age four, most children have a stable sense of their gender identity." If those statements are roughly correct, then most six year olds will know whether or not they are transgender. They might not know exactly how they identify, but they don't need to know in order to be genuinely transgender.
However, at age 6, kids don't know what being transgender is, and are extremely susceptible to outside influence. There's a high chance that some stupid moron "taught" the kid about transgenders, the kid picked it up not really knowing anything about them other than that someone liked them, and then this came about.

At 6, a kid may recognize not feeling quite right, but might just as easily be goaded into imagining something that's not true. That's why they're not taken at their word. As for the teacher, the parents have ultimate control. If they did not give clear instructions on a single name to use, and it must be a single name for the benefit of the teacher, the kid, and all the other kids there, she does not have to listen to the kid frequently wanting to change it. If, with what little information we have, this was not done, there is no cause for any disciplinary action whatsoever.

Now, we actually don't know anything on this case. All we have are the teacher's claims. The teacher claims this was why she was fired, but it's not uncommon for rightfully terminated people to come up with wrongful reasons they were terminated and try to sue. Some are cynically trying to game the system, while others just have an entitled or "they're out to get me" mentality. The teacher still could be either of these.
I agree. The kid might not turn out to be transgender. I can understand the skepticism, for the reasons you mentioned. A teacher is only responsible for knowing and using a single name. If a single "correct" name was provided to the teacher by the child's parents and she failed to use it, then she is at fault. If that did not occur, if there was flip-flopping or deliberate confusion, as the teacher claims, then she is not at fault.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 18, 2015 3:01 PM

Apr 2013
Shinoafu said:

your comment disgusts me
it scares me that there's people like you out there
Nov 18, 2015 3:43 PM

Aug 2015
"six-year-old transgender child"
Im concerned for society

☁ cyborg robot squirrels ☁
Nov 18, 2015 4:01 PM

Mar 2008
Josh said:
Wiki says that "transgender people experience a mismatch between their gender identity or gender expression and their assigned sex." HealthyChildren.org says that "before their third birthday, most children are easily able to label themselves as either a boy or a girl. By age four, most children have a stable sense of their gender identity." If those statements are roughly correct, then most six year olds will know whether or not they are transgender. They might not know exactly how they identify, but they don't need to know in order to be genuinely transgender.
They are not correct.

" However, in more than two thirds of the cases, bullying had occurred before the onset of gender dysphoria, and was not targeted at gender or sexual identity. Bullying is an unspecific risk factor for developmental problems rather than a problem specifically related to gender identity. "
" Gender identity issues could arise from autism spectrum people’s predisposition toward unusual interests, or gender dysphoria in ASD could represent OCD rather than genuine gender identity issues. The cross-gender behaviour in ASD minors could also rather represent non-normative sexual interests or unusual sensory preferences "
" During puberty and adolescent development there may be some overlap between normative testing of sexuality and gender roles in the one end, and gender dysphoria as a disorder in the other end of the spectrum. This would implicate that GD in adults and in adolescence may not be the same issue in general."
" In the majority of the applicants, gender dysphoria presented in the context of wider identity confusion, severe psychopathology and considerable challenges in the adolescent development. "
"Adolescents seeking sex reassignment represent a variety of developmental pathways differentiated by the timing of onset of gender dysphoria, psychopathology and developmental difficulties. It is important to be aware of the different groups, or developmental pathways, in gender dysphoric adolescents in order to be able to find appropriate treatment options. In the presence of severe psychopathology and developmental difficulties, medical SR treatments may not be currently advisable. Treatment guidelines need to be reviewed extended to appreciate the complex situations."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4396787/
Nov 18, 2015 4:06 PM

Nov 2013
Well I prefer the nickname Jake to my actual name but if my teacher doesn't call me Jake they deserve to get fired? dafuq.

Ravioli_Ravioli said:
...6 year old transgender...

also this^
Nov 18, 2015 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
Celestrial2 said:
Well I prefer the nickname Jake to my actual name but if my teacher doesn't call me Jake they deserve to get fired? dafuq.
yes, you can get fired for that in canada lol
Nov 18, 2015 4:09 PM

Nov 2013
mayukachan said:
Celestrial2 said:
yes, you can get fired for that in canada lol

lol what. Gonna have all my teachers call me Chef Curry from now on
Nov 18, 2015 4:12 PM

Aug 2015
6 year old transgender??? It's Parents 2 men isn't it.
Nov 18, 2015 5:24 PM

May 2012
traed said:
Josh said:
They are not correct.

" However, in more than two thirds of the cases, bullying had occurred before the onset of gender dysphoria, and was not targeted at gender or sexual identity. Bullying is an unspecific risk factor for developmental problems rather than a problem specifically related to gender identity. "
" Gender identity issues could arise from autism spectrum people’s predisposition toward unusual interests, or gender dysphoria in ASD could represent OCD rather than genuine gender identity issues. The cross-gender behaviour in ASD minors could also rather represent non-normative sexual interests or unusual sensory preferences "
" During puberty and adolescent development there may be some overlap between normative testing of sexuality and gender roles in the one end, and gender dysphoria as a disorder in the other end of the spectrum. This would implicate that GD in adults and in adolescence may not be the same issue in general."
" In the majority of the applicants, gender dysphoria presented in the context of wider identity confusion, severe psychopathology and considerable challenges in the adolescent development. "
"Adolescents seeking sex reassignment represent a variety of developmental pathways differentiated by the timing of onset of gender dysphoria, psychopathology and developmental difficulties. It is important to be aware of the different groups, or developmental pathways, in gender dysphoric adolescents in order to be able to find appropriate treatment options. In the presence of severe psychopathology and developmental difficulties, medical SR treatments may not be currently advisable. Treatment guidelines need to be reviewed extended to appreciate the complex situations."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4396787/

Traed with the slam dunk
Nov 18, 2015 5:40 PM

Mar 2012
I don't understand how those quotes are in conflict with my post.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 18, 2015 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
All the ridiculousness of a teacher getting fired for not saying the right name of an indecisive sex-year-old transgender child aside, how diffcult is to come up with a gender neutral name? Jfc, the world is becoming a PC caricature. Every special little snowflake's wet dream.
Nov 18, 2015 6:35 PM

Mar 2008
Josh said:
I don't understand how those quotes are in conflict with my post.
You said that they would know by age four but my post says that many do not remain that way and that their gender dysphoria is often associated with something else going on.
Nov 18, 2015 6:55 PM

Oct 2015
I feel like an outlier coming into this thread and I feel like I'm gonna feel the wrath of 1,000 pounds of salt, but I don't have a problem with transgender people. I don't think they're mentally unstable lunatics that belong in a straight jacket. That being said. I'm not really sure if the kid could know what gender they are at that age, although I've heard that people usually know really early. It's kind of a tough situation honestly.
Nov 18, 2015 8:25 PM

Oct 2015
pajamon said:
Shinoafu said:

your comment disgusts me

I know right, even describing those tranny "penis's" disgusts me.
Nov 18, 2015 9:25 PM

Mar 2008
Shinoafu said:
pajamon said:

your comment disgusts me

I know right, even describing those tranny "penis's" disgusts me.
There is more than one type of procedure actually. I could be wrong but I think most who do lower procedures whom are FtM just get a clit enlargement. Which is pretty much just hormones and a suction device to make it grow. Not really different than a penis pump. The clit is actually what the penis starts as before further development while in the womb.

Im not sure what they do in other procedures but Im guessing it involves sort of making up a penis from other body parts sewn togethr or something and i think one type is more a prosthetic device bodily implanted.
Nov 18, 2015 11:24 PM

Aug 2009
I'm a translesbian werewolfkin and ya'll need to respect muh pronouns!

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 19, 2015 1:53 AM

Sep 2015
Something like a six-year-old transgender person doesn't exist.

It's a stupid kid
It doesn't comprehend something like gender identity
Nov 19, 2015 1:54 AM

Jul 2012
Yamafam94 said:
It doesn't comprehend something like gender identity
So what age do you have to be to comprehend it?
Nov 19, 2015 1:57 AM

Jul 2012
Yes said:
mayukachan said:
So what age do you have to be to comprehend it?
The age you discover twitter.
Age 7.

I started using social media at that age.
Nov 19, 2015 2:00 AM
Mar 2015
RedArmyShogun said:
Lol what is this shit.
Nov 19, 2015 2:14 AM

Aug 2013
mayukachan said:
Yes said:
Age 7.

Facebook only just launched that year, there wasn't any real social media scene even myspace looked like shit and handled like a filing system. Am I really to believe at 7 you were on social media. At 7 I was browsing lego granted it was 1998 and the internet REALLY looked like shit then.
Nov 19, 2015 2:16 AM

Jul 2012
Pacifica_Ocean said:
mayukachan said:
Age 7.

Facebook only just launched that year, there wasn't any real social media scene even myspace looked like shit and handled like a filing system. Am I really to believe at 7 you were on social media. At 7 I was browsing lego.

I first used a computer at age 6, started off with MS Paint.
Got into social media at age 7.
Started learning HTML/CSS at age 8.
Got into graphic design/photoshop at age 9.

Life's been good.

I had Myspace but I only used it for learning how to code. Facebook I got it later near the end of 6th grade.
Nov 19, 2015 2:18 AM

Aug 2013
mayukachan said:

Started learning HTML/CSS at age 8.
Got into graphic design/photoshop at age 9.

I'll never believe any of this, at all.

Also that was the year Photoshop 3 just came out and you couldn't have been able to afford it. At the time Photoshop 1.0 was released, digital retouching on dedicated high end systems, such as the SciTex, cost around $300 an hour for basic photo retouching.

Not to mention the costs of buying a graphics tablet in the early 2000's and the software.

Y U LIE

IT IZ SUMTHIN I CAN NVR DO

SpooksNov 19, 2015 2:23 AM
Nov 19, 2015 6:21 AM

Jan 2014
mayukachan said:
Yes said:
Age 7.

That explains so much....
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 22, 2015 4:31 PM
Nov 2015
This always happens. I'm so tired of transgenders, homosexuals, and anything else that can be wrong with a sexuality causing unnecessary problems for minor issues.
Nov 22, 2015 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
it's the parents fault or societies or the child is a fucking asshole like most are
Nov 23, 2015 1:18 AM

Sep 2014
(responses are in bold)

traed said:
They are not correct./ that their gender dysphoria is often associated with something else going on.

this says that bullying is associated with other mental conditions, not gender dysphoria. the article also states that isolation can be a factor. " and social isolation from peer relationships suggests developmental difficulties and impaired mental health [21-24]. In the present sample, isolation was extremely common and also the strongest predictor of membership of the “confused” group. "

"It is currently not known why autism spectrum is overrepresented in gender dysphoric children and adolescent" and key word could. there is no definite association here. just an overlap of two conditions. that doesn't mean they're related to each other.

it's difficult because this is a time of an overall identity being thought of.

"For these reasons it is more challenging to assess"

this just means that treatment is going to be more complicated. however, it doesn't mean that treatment will rid of the dysphoria. "At this point it is not possible to predict how gender dysphoria in this group will develop: will gender dysphoria in these adolescents cease with the resolution of wider developmental problems, or perhaps consolidate later into transsexual identity, with the completion of the developmental tasks of adolescence."

traed said:
You said that they would know by age four but my post says that many do not remain that way

"An adolescent also faces fundamental identity challenges in the domains of religion, worldview, ethnicity, sexuality and the like. Identification with various groups is often passionate during adolescence, but the object of identification may also change, even several times."

it has to do with being an adolescent, and their identity in general does not remain, not necessarily their gender identity like you suggest.
AnimeFreak-SanNov 23, 2015 1:24 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.