Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2015 1:04 AM
Oct 2015
I've seen some people say it's in an alternate universe, some say it's before Kinji and Aria meet, and some say it's after they meet.. I'm so confused. ;-;

Disliked 1st episode btw-
Oct 10, 2015 6:25 AM

Mar 2014
HolyFrock said:
I've seen some people say it's in an alternate universe, some say it's before Kinji and Aria meet, and some say it's after they meet.. I'm so confused. ;-;

Disliked 1st episode btw-

It basicly starts off as a prequel to the orginal anime and over time it will go be on the orginal Hidan No Aria story. Meaning all the events of the orginal anime will take place in the spin off then it will go be on them later on.

So yeah it does take place before Aria Meet Kinji.

This info is based on the manga version btw.

Heyy want to learn about Buddhism??

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

How chanting Nom Myoho Renge Kyo Changed My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KNUf3ZA28

How Buddhism helped me overcome COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJru9p8Qoo
Oct 12, 2015 7:28 AM

Sep 2009
actually it take place at the start and during the same time as the original.
Oct 13, 2015 11:05 AM

Sep 2015
Above replies are mostly correct. It takes place from the past to present and future of original novel story. AA jumping plot to other plot, you can say its linked to original but then it nots.
Oct 13, 2015 2:17 PM

Nov 2009
should i watch the 1st season before watching this? is this worth? thanks

Oct 13, 2015 4:06 PM

Mar 2014
Well you don't have to watch the parent story before you watch the spin off if thats what you asking cause Hidan No Aria AA is not a second season but just another story that's being told within the same universe as the orginal Hidan No Aria.

Soo you can watch Hidan No Aria AA or the orginal Hidan No Aria anytime you like cause it wont really make a diffrence.

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

Oct 13, 2015 4:38 PM

Apr 2015
If this a prequel, I got a question. Aria said to Kinji that she has NO FRIENDS and that people avoids her. If this is the case, who the HELL is these "friends" here!? And why did they left her after wards IF they are her "friends".
#CHEXIT
Oct 13, 2015 5:57 PM

Mar 2014
Imeon said:
If this a prequel, I got a question. Aria said to Kinji that she has NO FRIENDS and that people avoids her. If this is the case, who the HELL is these "friends" here!? And why did they left her after wards IF they are her "friends".

Well honestly I think this is considered one of those plot holes cause it totally is true that Aria is supose to not have friends before Kinji...

Though its not like she has ever refered to Akira as being a friend...shes more like her helper or Amica atm and Aria is supose to meet Kenji soon within the spin off if it continues to follow the manga the way it has so far.

Oct 30, 2015 8:34 AM

May 2015
I might as well ask this here...

This may sound dumb but, did the AA characters (Akari, Shino, Raika and the others) appear in the original Hidan no Aria? Like a slight cameo perhaps?

It's been long since I last saw Hidan no Aria and I have never rewatched it ever since. And atm, I have no time to check it out again because of various reasons.

So might someone enlighten me about this?
Oct 30, 2015 10:50 AM
Oct 2015
sharuchi said:
I might as well ask this here...

This may sound dumb but, did the AA characters (Akari, Shino, Raika and the others) appear in the original Hidan no Aria? Like a slight cameo perhaps?

It's been long since I last saw Hidan no Aria and I have never rewatched it ever since. And atm, I have no time to check it out again because of various reasons.

So might someone enlighten me about this?

They didn't. AA is a non-cannon spin-off by Square Enix with nothing to do other than the name with the original.
Oct 30, 2015 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
AA can be watch with out the original, It's just a spin-off series.

And If you look carfully there are hinting at the main story throughout AA,Example in the second episode Akari sew a parachute and later in the episode she said that Aria used that parachute to saved "someone" in the morning.

But the only thing that wonder me is Kinji appears to be having Amica from the first place then why she doesn't shown up anywhere in the main story!?
Oct 30, 2015 1:46 PM
Oct 2015
SOS_Sama said:
AA can be watch with out the original, It's just a spin-off series.

And If you look carfully there are hinting at the main story throughout AA,Example in the second episode Akari sew a parachute and later in the episode she said that Aria used that parachute to saved "someone" in the morning.

But the only thing that wonder me is Kinji appears to be having Amica from the first place then why she doesn't shown up anywhere in the main story!?

The amica system is specific to AA, wasn't in any of the original light novels. Also, everyone sees a parachute every time they look at Riko. All of Riko's clothes are parachutes.
Nov 3, 2015 11:01 PM

Mar 2013
paulz said:
should i watch the 1st season before watching this? is this worth? thanks

I would, just to have a way to make connections between this "prequel" to the storyline with Aria and Kinji
Nov 11, 2015 6:06 AM

Sep 2009
For those that are wondering the Amica have made cameo appearance in the original Novel, particularly Fuma (Ninja girl) who appears more often then the rest.
Dec 24, 2015 4:23 AM
Dec 2015
It's a spin-off, so technically it's not canon.
In my theory, it's all a story made from Akari's dreams and ideals.
As proof:
- In the 1st anime, Aria keeps blabbering the crimes of culprits(I.U.) that framed her mom. But here she never mentioned it even after hearing Akari is targeted by it. It's because Akari doesn't know anything about Aria's mom.
- In the 1st anime, Aria is slightly clumsy and often screws up(and almost got killed by Riko). In this anime, Aria is almost perfect in everyway she moves. Pretty much on Akari's perspective. Until Aria told her that there are things that Aria can't do, causing Aria to be injured in a busjack incident.
- At the 3rd episode, Akari saw Aria dating Kinji. Normally, Kinji would come into Aria's rescue but didn't(especially on the last episode). This is due to Akari being jealous of Kinji and didn't want him in the picture.
- Aria would never be interested in Akari if it wasn't for her Takamakuri. As seen in the 1st episode, Aria never took any student to test to be her Amica. In reality Akari has no ability at all, Aria accepted her due to the fact that Aria reminded her of who she is when she met Kinji. This is why in the Opening of AA, Akari and Aria constantly switches.

It's a theory using factors only appeared in the anime not the Manga.
Some points of the manga may contradict my theory, so please don't burn it.

One more thing:
This series is a SEQUEL. And here are the factors:
- Kinji and Aria already knew each other because....this series took place on an ONGOING school days. Unlike in the 1st anime, the episode starts with Kinji going to the opening ceremony of his 2nd year.
- As seen on Episode 12, Shirayuri is angry at Aria, referencing her jealousy from the 1st anime.
- In Episode 6, Kinji stated that Aria once said to him that she doesn't need friends. This is a reference to a scene in the 2nd episode of the 1st anime where Aria told Kinji she doesn't need any friends.
- In the1st anime Riko removed her ties with the I.U. but Riko was seen helping Kyochikutou and Suimitsutou to subdue Aria. This is due to the fact that Riko is held by Vlad in the I.U.. Now that Vlad is defeated, Riko is free and probably earn her own place in the I.U. making herself an "Equal rival" to Aria.
Dec 24, 2015 3:09 PM
Oct 2015
The_forgotten said:
One more thing:
- Kinji and Aria already knew each other because....this series took place on an ONGOING school days. Unlike in the 1st anime, the episode starts with Kinji going to the opening ceremony of his 2nd year.
- As seen on Episode 12, Shirayuri is angry at Aria, referencing her jealousy from the 1st anime.
- In Episode 6, Kinji stated that Aria once said to him that she doesn't need friends. This is a reference to a scene in the 2nd episode of the 1st anime where Aria told Kinji she doesn't need any friends.
- In the1st anime Riko removed her ties with the I.U. but Riko was seen helping Kyochikutou and Suimitsutou to subdue Aria. This is due to the fact that Riko is held by Vlad in the I.U.. Now that Vlad is defeated, Riko is free and probably earn her own place in the I.U. making herself an "Equal rival" to Aria.
Nah, that's because the anime changed many things from the manga resulting the timeline mess-up.
Dec 24, 2015 9:23 PM
Dec 2015
Ryuutobi said:
The_forgotten said:
One more thing:
Nah, that's because the anime changed many things from the manga resulting the timeline mess-up.

I am referring to the anime series alone. I am not mixing the manga timeline to prevent confusion similar to how Full Metal Alchemist anime differ to brotherhood.
Dec 26, 2015 11:50 PM
Oct 2015
↑ That still doesn't make it a sequel.

First, Aria's heart-shaped hairpin is something from the early part of the series. Aria never wear it again after the busjacking incident that gave her forehead a scar.

Then, we actually heard/saw a few events from the first series:
- Akari talked about the bikejacking incident with her friends.
- Aria got hurt on the forehead when she was solving a busjacking incident with Kinji.

Lastly, here are some things about Riko, Vlad, & IU:
- Riko's sole reason for joining IU was in order to get strong enough to defeat Vlad. Thus, she no longer has any interest in it after Vlad was defeated.
- She also surpassed her anchestor in the process since the first fought Vlad to a draw with the assistance of Jeanne's great-grandmother & great-grandaunt.
- Vlad said that he'd release Riko if she defeated Aria because he was interested in Riko's potential. It's because he was surprised by Riko who put up a good fight after he found her in IU a few years after her escape.
- The rest haven't been covered in the anime iirc
Feb 18, 2016 2:20 AM
May 2009
I assume its on or around the same timeline.
The Parachute for example felt like one of the hints that it was the one used by Aria to save Kinji.
Mar 26, 2016 12:39 PM
Apr 2015
So if I like kinji as main character but dislike aria and shoujo ai shit.. Should i watch this? Is kinji ever appear in this series? I mean first 5 minutes of first episode already make me sleepy..
Mar 27, 2016 11:33 PM

Sep 2013
It seems around the same timeline but at the same time is not like bus hijacking. It's like the event are similar but different scenario. Idk, maybe it just my instinct.

davidzh7 said:
So if I like kinji as main character but dislike aria and shoujo ai shit.. Should i watch this? Is kinji ever appear in this series? I mean first 5 minutes of first episode already make me sleepy..

Since this is spinoff, you might want to watch but it's up to you. Kinji will appear but for a short of time.
Mar 28, 2016 5:40 AM
Apr 2015
tsuki_shiro said:
It seems around the same timeline but at the same time is not like bus hijacking. It's like the event are similar but different scenario. Idk, maybe it just my instinct.

davidzh7 said:

Since this is spinoff, you might want to watch but it's up to you. Kinji will appear but for a short of time.

I watched it... He only appear at the end..
Jun 12, 2016 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
million years after 1st season
Jun 13, 2021 6:52 PM
Jun 2021
Its most definitely after because they even say shes taken down 99 enemies consecutively it would have been a 100 but Kenji got away which we learned from the 1st season

More topics from this board

» Raika is the least likable character in the entire show and probably anime

Neolightveo - Dec 11, 2023

1 by sorames »»
Dec 12, 2023 5:33 AM

» Shoujo Ai?

Mele - Nov 24, 2015

29 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2015

40 by wildhood »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:51 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2015

53 by DmonHiro »»
May 24, 2021 2:25 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2015

30 by Ashhk »»
Jul 8, 2020 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.