Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 12, 2015 11:16 AM

Dec 2012
I cringed.
Designs are so weird. And god... Red-hair's such a dick.

stand said:
phoe_enix said:
Hosoyan character is the typical talented guy who deems everyone is beneath him.

fuck me
when will Hosoyan stop voicing assholes?! he is so much better than this
^
Oct 12, 2015 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
MidoriKoyama said:
still wondering why this reminded me of love live so much.
because the main characters are similar
watch utapri
Oct 12, 2015 10:44 PM

Jun 2013
That was really cute and a lot better than I expected :)
Oct 13, 2015 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
This is like UtaPri, only without annoying heroine. It seems promising for me. Solid 7/10 for the first episode.
Oct 14, 2015 8:03 AM

Jul 2009
Kinda boring. The plot felt rushed and I already forgot half of the cast. First time the Kao Council did their amazing entrance I cringed, it was so awful. Why on earth would that be a tradition in a GODDAMN SCHOOL TO MAKE AN ENTRANCE LIKE THAT.

I've seen every character before. Not even the character design surprised me. They didn't even try, just glue something into this new format.

But just out of curiosity I'll continue watching and let's see how long I'll last until my intrest drops.
Oct 14, 2015 6:50 PM

Oct 2010
That was a cute first episode.
I can't wait to get to know some of the characters better.

That ending song was kind of catchy too.
Oct 14, 2015 6:54 PM

Jan 2014
It's below average for me right now.
I wish the songs were better.
Also their dancing gives me second-hand embarrassment.
Oct 16, 2015 7:06 AM

Sep 2015
stand said:
phoe_enix said:
Hosoyan character is the typical talented guy who deems everyone is beneath him.

fuck me
when will Hosoyan stop voicing assholes?! he is so much better than this

lol, I'm not aware he's voicing that many assholes

Rei said:

Also their dancing gives me second-hand embarrassment.

Right.

I was gonna drop this but I guess I need entertainment once per week, and second-hand embarrassment.
Oct 16, 2015 9:36 PM

Sep 2013
I'm starting to wonder if it is traditional to have an all-boys musical series every year? I was doubtful of this series at first, but after the first episode, all I can say is at least it's better than Shounen Hollywood, which I miraculously managed to survive two seasons of. It has it's flaws, but I'll give it a break since Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love Revolutions kinda fell flat on its feet after two successful seasons.
Oct 16, 2015 9:40 PM

Jul 2012
DoragonessU said:
at least it's better than Shounen Hollywood, which I miraculously managed to survive two seasons of.
WHAT?!
Oct 21, 2015 3:19 AM

May 2010
mayukachan said:
DoragonessU said:
at least it's better than Shounen Hollywood, which I miraculously managed to survive two seasons of.
WHAT?!

Shouen Hollywood was good, why is it so hated?
Oct 31, 2015 6:08 PM
Sep 2014
Adrasteiax said:
I guess everyone posting is probably a guy. It's a SHOUJO guys. It's supposed to appeal to girls, not guys xD. I'm a straight girl, and this is hella 'fan service' for me and I'm loving it. We have to put up with ecchi most of the time, where it isn't even needed, which doesn't offer me anything, so deal with it xD.

I have a soft spot for all music anime, really, and this one is no exception. It'll probably be my guilty pleasure if it continues at this pace. (Not using CGI was an excellent choice).
I'm a girl.....6 min in and I said wtf...he would choose ballet, dafuq is this lmao, why!? so many musicals this season....so....many...I blame Utapri. Smdh...honestly, its not "horrible" but its not great either, not into the characters but points for not using cg, so far.....and I'm prob the only one who likes the MC's singing voice roflmao

Aluvara said:
This is like UtaPri, only without annoying heroine. It seems promising for me. Solid 7/10 for the first episode.

Heroine? Haruka doesn't even have a personality

hediay said:
Kinda boring. The plot felt rushed and I already forgot half of the cast. First time the Kao Council did their amazing entrance I cringed, it was so awful. Why on earth would that be a tradition in a GODDAMN SCHOOL TO MAKE AN ENTRANCE LIKE THAT.

I've seen every character before. Not even the character design surprised me. They didn't even try, just glue something into this new format.

But just out of curiosity I'll continue watching and let's see how long I'll last until my intrest drops.

Lmao, I'm with you!

TragicRomance said:
mayukachan said:
WHAT?!

Shounen Hollywood was horrible....and properly hated

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
_Ghost_Nov 12, 2015 1:29 AM
Oct 31, 2015 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
Kanohane said:
TragicRomance said:

Shounen Hollywood was horrible....and properly hated
It's an incredibly intelligent and well written show. Sorry if you couldn't see past the awkwardness and odd artstyle.

It's one of the strongest slice of life series I've seen, by far.
Nov 1, 2015 4:47 AM
Sep 2014
....I enjoyed the music....and dancing....that was it...."well written show" is stretching it a bit eh....I need you to go watch episode 7 again...
Nov 1, 2015 7:51 AM

Jul 2012
Kanohane said:
....I enjoyed the music....and dancing....that was it...."well written show" is stretching it a bit eh....I need you to go watch episode 7 again...
Just because it's awkward doesn't mean it's bad. The rest of the show was well done.
Dec 16, 2015 9:45 PM

Dec 2012
Ai-katsu! Ai-katsu!

Okay this...this is actually really fun so far. Loved the student council performance (reminded me of Dance with Devils, except not sadistic). Hoshitani is really likable so far, straightforward and takes complete advantage of opportunities by thinking outside of the box. Nayuki is undeniably cute, reminds me of Nagisa from Free.

I knew I'd hear Sawabe Junichi somewhere in there. At this point his voice is the definition of male sexiness in the industry.
Feb 9, 2016 9:53 PM

Dec 2013
It's not that bad at all, I was just sort of surprised with their extravagant singing and dancing introductions lol. The animation is okay as well

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Apr 22, 2016 1:08 PM
Mar 2016
im in love with guys and the style of the dance group.
and kinda like a yaoi lol
May 14, 2016 5:26 AM

Oct 2009
well that was ................. boring. -____-

nvm. I really can't handle Idol animes. I just can't take their super 2D vibes and stick-figure dancing seriously. lmao

DmonHiro said:
Wow... so freaking gay. Why can't they make these shows where the males at least act a LITTLE like a guy would. You can't bet much more beta then these guys.

I agree, even as a female watcher, I'd like my man-meat animu boyas to be well manlier. smh
Not really GAR manly... but umm.. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou manly. yeah. :V *sigh*
Thug_GouMay 14, 2016 5:30 AM

Apr 9, 2017 10:45 AM

Oct 2016
I knew I'd hear great music and that didn't disappioint thought that random performance but the Kao Council made me laugh like there's no tomorrow.
Feb 20, 2018 6:53 AM
Nov 2015
It is so lame I'm loving it.
Mar 15, 2022 1:22 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah, it was a good start. :) I like the characters.

"Stride of a Star" is a really nice song.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2015

50 by yveltalkyogre »»
Feb 7, 2023 2:36 PM

Poll: » Best Boy

Heiize - Oct 31, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 19, 2022 5:56 PM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 14, 2015

41 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 9:06 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 7, 2015

31 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 4:43 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 2:46 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.