Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2015 8:16 AM

Jul 2015
It would be nice to have a harem that's not generic
Oct 3, 2015 8:17 AM
Jul 2012
Asterisk is actually going to be a nice series later on if they keep it faithful to the original but that's going to take a while.
Oct 3, 2015 8:20 AM

Jan 2015
terminador_2397 said:
It would be nice to have a harem that's not generic

Grisaia
Oct 3, 2015 8:27 AM

Sep 2014
- overpowered MC for now reason? check
- MC peaking at a girl undressing for a stupid reason? check
- fall scene with grabbing boobs to save the girl? check
- first girl already in love with the MC? check
- second girl tsundere? check

Jup, here we are again. Screening this for shitlist purposes. This isn't Kuusen-level in terms of entertainment yet. The production values were pretty good though.
Oct 3, 2015 8:35 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Still downloading, hope it got a nice amount of Ecchi:D

Oct 3, 2015 8:36 AM

Aug 2011
Was that his sister that died in the beginning? Look similar and I think it is the same weapon as well..good luck finding her, ayato..
Oct 3, 2015 8:37 AM

May 2011
Jakerams said:
Asterisk is actually going to be a nice series later on if they keep it faithful to the original but that's going to take a while.

I'll take your word for it. The action and animation seem nice.

The stupid retread "to-luv-ru" accidental boobie grab and peek crap needs to go though.

leo2541 said:
Was that his sister that died in the beginning? Look similar and I think it is the same weapon as well..good luck finding her, ayato..

96% sure that's right. Big sister dies young brother searches for the reason why.
Oct 3, 2015 8:37 AM

Apr 2015
Well, looks like i found my mediocre action/ecchi series for the season. I'll give it this, first episode was pretty decent.
Oct 3, 2015 8:42 AM

Apr 2014
I loved it!
Usually the ecchi cliches turn me off pretty quickly but not for this one!
The music and animation was SOLID! And the opening was FANTASTIC! Wow!
I love the setting, too! The story looks different, I'm glad they're not fighting giant creatures that are trying to destroy humanity or whatever. I hate when magic highschool shows like this do that sort of thing.
Either way I loved it! Gonna have a lot of fun with this one! And two cours, it has a lot of potential!
Oct 3, 2015 8:49 AM

Feb 2014
The same usual thing for the beginning of an harem anime again. Lovely animations and battles, and great music. First impression ratings 8/10

This anime reminds me of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, but with Ecchi.

Just hope the plot doesn't become boring.
tetrix1993Oct 3, 2015 8:54 AM
Oct 3, 2015 8:51 AM

Sep 2014
It's exactly what I expected. It was filled with plenty of the typical cliches you find in magical high school ecchi/harem series, but since I'm not completely burned out on that concept yet, I still thought it was a decent episode.

I was planning on skipping this one at first, but I'll stick around for now and see where it goes.
Oct 3, 2015 8:53 AM

Feb 2015
First episode was not bad. It's got every cliché an action, ecchi anime with a school setting should have. let's see if the plot develops or not at the end of the season.
Oct 3, 2015 9:07 AM
Jun 2014
Promising 1st ep. good art, nice story (better than absolute duo, sekkai, fafnir, kuusen madoushi, and other shitty harems) and a second cour assured, let's give a try!
Oct 3, 2015 9:09 AM
Oct 2010
For some reason the first episode felt even more cringey than the start of the manga. Maybe it's because they were drawing out those fanservice scenes or whatever on top of how generic the show is currently. So far pretty bad, but people says it gets better.. guess we can see. Action was good at least, but I hope they can tone down on those fanservice camera angles.. because jesus.
Oct 3, 2015 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
Well we got some introductions of the character and some worldbuilding, and some quite nice fights also there...

The animation is alright under A-1 standarts and with faint but nice art, the OP is ok.

In general is a pretty good start, however, i'm not fan of the setting, and i find it very predictable, especially those over-cliched ecchi scenes.
Oct 3, 2015 9:22 AM

Aug 2013
I tried to watch this but after 10 minutes I realized that it's another generic cliche harem magic school anime, I liked the animation and the music but I can't stand this type of generic shows, 2/10
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Oct 3, 2015 9:23 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
One more ecchi-harem incorporated with lots of sloppy cliches, but it's already better than Lance N' Masques. The animation is decent and the girls are cute, so as long as it's focuses on the Festa tournament (and pseudo politics), it probably would be a passable watch.

Somehow, I have a feeling that Ayato's Onee-chan is still alive. We'll, we'll see in due time.

Oct 3, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
Maybe because I haven't touched a "generic LN harem adaption trash" in a very long time, this episode was nice and I enjoyed it.

Sure, it was predictable, but it just had a charm that allowed me to enjoy it.

I'm liking this.
Oct 3, 2015 9:26 AM

May 2012
pretty okay first episode. Now lets see if it goes somewhere.
Oct 3, 2015 9:29 AM

Jan 2012
YoSoyJebus said:
I tried to watch this but after 10 minutes I realized that it's another generic cliche harem magic school anime, I liked the animation and the music but I can't stand this type of generic shows, 2/10

true enough. I really hoped this would be at least watchable.
But it sure is just another Fast-Food-Anime for mental midgets...
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Oct 3, 2015 9:33 AM

Jun 2013
This anime is interesting. Can't wait to watch Ayato and Julis.
Oct 3, 2015 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
Aeonenleben said:
YoSoyJebus said:

I don't think it's just for mental midgets but... come on, in 10 minutes the story is just like every other harem cliche: MC sees half-naked girl and then touches her boobs (although his hand was on the ground first but who cares, right?). I bet that at the end of the episode another girl falls in love with him or something like that. As I said, I can't understand how people like this type of shows.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Oct 3, 2015 9:40 AM
Oct 2010
YoSoyJebus said:
Aeonenleben said:

I don't think it's just for mental midgets but... come on, in 10 minutes the story is just like every other harem cliche: MC sees half-naked girl and then touches her boobs (although his hand was on the ground first but who cares, right?). I bet that at the end of the episode another girl falls in love with him or something like that. As I said, I can't understand how people like this type of shows.

It's difficult to watch, that's for sure. I had to skip the entire dressing scene even though I knew it was coming. Somehow they made it worse than in the manga by drawing that shit out as much as they could.

I can understand what aeon is saying though, there's a feel of trashiness emanating off this show. The large amounts of fanservice, the character costume designs, the camera angles etc. Was it really that hard to do a show without so much of that shit?

Meh either way, like in the preview thread, I still see this becoming one of the most popular shows this season.
Oct 3, 2015 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
YoSoyJebus said:
Aeonenleben said:

Well, if you are entertained by a standart-formula food that tastes like nothing, served to you over and over again, only differing in the colours it comes but with the same bland taste, you most certainly do not have a very exquisit taste, do you?

The exposition in the 2nd half was delivered in such an unproffessional way that i start to doubt that whoever wrote the script was actually human. I kinda thought about the south park episode where they show how family guy episodes are made. Wouldn't surprise me if thats how the japanese come up with their horrible light novels, rivaling 50 shades in triviality.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Oct 3, 2015 9:45 AM

Apr 2015
I had low expectations going in, but after seeing the episode I actually felt the need to comment on it someplace.

The animation was beautiful and I friggen love the effects so far, the particle flowing out and the fire , just hnnnnng.

And while it feels cliche (and had to pause and groan at the boob grab, not to mention the walk in scene) the characters don't seem necessarily dumb, I even enjoyed the first battle they had with her guessing what the main character was going to do. (I had the exact same guess as to his actions, and then he pulled a move out) Along with showing both our main character motivations right from the beginning. (Or at least giving one, and implying another.)

not to mention Julis is a lot cuter in the anime then she was in the PV I saw. God it just looks so pretty...

So you know, its not too bad. I think part of this came from my insanely low expectations, but I overall surprisingly enjoyed it.
Oct 3, 2015 9:48 AM

Nov 2010
YEEART said:
s0ck said:
Isnt there another show that aired today thats prety much EXACTLY like this?

That's generic LN ecchi/harems for you. A good thing is that Cavalry is remotely good in some way.

Cavalry isn't even a harem. Don't be fooled by the anime cover.
Oct 3, 2015 9:49 AM

Feb 2015
Hmm another battle school type of anime. Jammed packed with the cliches and everything. The art is fairly good with this one though. Backstory seems a bit interesting.

Looks promising. ^^

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Oct 3, 2015 9:50 AM

May 2014
Great 1st episode
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 3, 2015 9:51 AM

Sep 2013
Didn't read the LN but the anime is better than manga thou.

ED song >> OP song :P

She ain't got no time for fodders XD
Oct 3, 2015 9:51 AM

Sep 2013
tetrix1993 said:
The same usual thing for the beginning of an harem anime again. Lovely animations and battles, and great music. First impression ratings 8/10

This anime reminds me of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, but with Ecchi.

Just hope the plot doesn't become boring.

This. I'm definitely sticking around.
Oct 3, 2015 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
typical A1 shit.. amazing production, generic plot.
Oct 3, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2014
Guy has magical spider man danger sense, can hurl himself 50 feet and knock her out of the way of an attack instantaneously... freezes for seconds at the sight of underwear.

This show better bring the panties 'cause it ain't bringing anything else.
Oct 3, 2015 10:02 AM
Apr 2015
the whole episode was so cringey

first episode reeks too much of generic
Oct 3, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
zurgboy00 said:
Ecchi,Harem and Star Wars!

THIS
Oct 3, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
Hmm not bad .... but not anything special either

just like any harem , ecchi , magic anime

well gonna watch it anyway
Oct 3, 2015 10:06 AM
Jun 2008
Good animation quality.

But man, this series is full of butt shots.
FF X level.
Oct 3, 2015 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
Music was okay.
At the starting battle scene, when i heard sounds resembling Light Sabers i was mildly intrigued.. this is like Baka and Test with more serious fighting and much less comedy.
VAs were fine. Surprised Touyama voiced Claudia. Didnt know she had that range.
Story is generic indeed, but i'll watch a couple more EPs first.

Oct 3, 2015 10:14 AM

Aug 2013
A good start for this anime, despite several clichés scenes, but it was a good introduction of the characters and the plot, and enjoyed mainly of the adaptation of the battles, I particularly quite like the plot and I already read the manga and the LN, so I was pretty excited to watch the anime, and this start did not disappoint me, I am already looking forward to the next few episodes, I have high expectations in this anime ..
Oct 3, 2015 10:15 AM

Jul 2013
A guilty pleasure with high budget for once? Sold.

At least it will be an eye-candy to watch compared to most poor LN-advertisements anime from each season.

Oct 3, 2015 10:36 AM

Mar 2014
10/10 op fight scenes animation art plot honestly aots already i dont need anything else but julis alexia von riessfeld
Oct 3, 2015 10:42 AM

Apr 2015
Hm... Well, huge city and a nice idea of games. Also, fan service 3 mins in... Why not?
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Oct 3, 2015 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
04:40 minutes.

Hopefully this will remain my fastest and hardest drop of the season.
Oct 3, 2015 10:55 AM

Oct 2009
For now it's nothing new but it's not bad, decent start.
Oct 3, 2015 11:02 AM

Oct 2007
That's two rock stupid and insultingly dumb light novel shows in a row. I honestly don't know how anybody can derive even so much as a guilty pleasure out of some of things things they're so rote and insipid.

gHostickles said:
Hm... Well, huge city and a nice idea of games. Also, fan service 3 mins in... Why not?

Heavy Object managed to last twice as long so if there's a running score card it's ahead.
Oct 3, 2015 11:05 AM

Sep 2010
Rakudai Eiyuutan + Blade Dance+ Absolute Duo + Magical High School = Asterisk War? Did I miss anything?
Oct 3, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
That's two rock stupid and insultingly dumb light novel shows in a row. I honestly don't know how anybody can derive even so much as a guilty pleasure out of some of things things they're so rote and insipid.

Still doesn't stop people from checking them out. Some people just doesn't learn.

smh

Oct 3, 2015 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
Generic garbage

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Oct 3, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2009
he randomly enters a girl's room without asking, asshole
she was pulling the pants up, but then she drops them... ok
animation and colors are very pretty. i might keep watching this only because my eyes feel joy
SHES A WITCH??? im in love <333
of course his hand is on her boob -_____- i should drop this already
the story with the sister is interesting
quite nice after all
Oct 3, 2015 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
This anime couldn't be more generic. I facepalmed right from the start..
The MC's design looks boring as heck! Thank god he's strong though. Julis is the only hope for this anime now! Then again, her voice is pretty irritating too..

Now then, 3 episodes rule for this. This one does have potential though.
LN Harem + A1 Pictures is not a good thing, just saying.
Oct 3, 2015 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
So far this anime gives me Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance feelings. This isn't a good thing, by the way.
Katzedan said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
BlancchetOct 3, 2015 12:26 PM
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

202 by Dennywibu »»
Apr 26, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

116 by POLYTRON2K »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

180 by Gutzdeep42 »»
May 29, 2023 5:17 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

122 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 27, 2023 5:20 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

220 by Azuki_Sayashi »»
Feb 17, 2023 7:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.