Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Jun 12, 2023 10:03 AM
Jun 2021
I can officially say that I'm not satisfied.. at least that it ends here. Why is there no second season where it continues at their new location, whyyyy :c I'm glad they made it out alive, but it's sad that miss Taroumaru passed away. I wish he would've made it as well. Rest in peace, little one. You will always be remembered as one of the most beautiful and loved animals in anime history. In the end it was a very awesome anime and I have no regret starting to watch it, but I want more. Even if it's a fan-made sequel, I want more.
Jun 15, 2023 10:33 AM
Aug 2021
the supposedly emotional parts towards the end drags on way too long - the graduation, the burial of the dog, or them just recalling many pieces of past memories. episode 9 is straightup an obligatory pool episode, while the final three episodes failed to create some arc that was interesting enough for me to get emotionally invested.
there are many confusing points in the story that are later explained in only a few scenes, and several plot points felt extremely plot-devicy, and failed to create an interesting turn of events. after the mysteries posed in the first half of this series are answered, there isn't really anything left to see.
the characters resembles pretty much the gochiusa characters, but without the additional synergies.
nevertheless, yuki's denial, miki's encounter, megumi's sacrifice are all pretty interesting in the first few episodes.the little change in the opening animations are also interesting. the background music also did a fair job, with some of them resembling doki doki literature club.
the suspenseful atmosphere created at the begining few episodes are cool, and the occasional sol vibes also worked quite well, which both drew me into wanting to understand the world they live in, but after these 12 episodes, it seems like there wasn't much beyond these settings.
Cabbage_CatJun 15, 2023 10:41 AM
Jun 18, 2023 9:20 AM
Dec 2022
is there not any kind of sequel to this?? i read the manga a few months ago and just finished watching the anime... at the end of episode 12 we see one of the manga-only characters pick up the girls' balloon note (won't spoil who the character is for those who haven't read it, but i assumed there should be a sequel since they'd be meeting her after graduation...), i guess it was just an homage to the manga but kind of disappointing.
overall, if you just skip the beach episode and all the weirdly pervy shots this anime is solid, some parts were weird but the sound design is top tier especially in this episode. 9/10 but upset that I came hoping the ending would be better than the manga's ending, only to see the anime doesn't even really have an ending...
Jun 24, 2023 8:14 PM

Dec 2022
Brilliant anime, especially since it covers the best arc of the series. The Isidore and Randall Corporation arcs coming after this in the manga are much more generic, following more conventional characterisation and plot progression typical of zombie fiction. I think Taromarou also being more prominent was a good idea, since he was a flashback character that lasted all of a few pages in the manga.

I wish it covered the helicopter crash, Yuki discovering the zombie, and retreaded old ground slightly less often; but those are just nitpicks. Very few series do what this series does in just twelve episodes.

Shaded Horizon

Aug 21, 2023 8:07 PM
Nov 2014
Maybe I just didn't watch it carefully but can anyone explain what was this school? what was this information about biological weapon? was it explained? weren't there any phones or computers so that they can contact the outside world, like calling emergency or even random numbers to see if somebody's alive, they had electricity, right? or maybe nothing worked anymore? if they had a car why didn't they go to some shop or police station or army headquaters to get weapons? where there answers to these questions? I just skimmed through a last couple of episodes because I was getting bored tbh.
Oct 6, 2023 2:53 PM
Mar 2021
As class of 2020, I somehow feel like this anime finally gave me closure for my last year of high school
Oct 20, 2023 3:25 AM

Apr 2013
Ffs, animals dying always gets me... Kei being dead was no surprise, rather the expected outcome. So Yuki solved their problem with the power of talk-no-jutsu, incredible!

It's one of those shows that tires to do multiple things at once. The mood swings in this show were a bit annoying, so I wouldn't say it worked, just like in most other shows. Oh well, no season 2 for this one anyway, so I'll probably forget about it real soon. 5/10
Oct 25, 2023 6:22 AM
Oct 2019
Kurumi ALIVE!! YAY!!

DUDE!!!
They really giving us that hope and then destroying it.

I CRIED DURING TAROUMARU SCENE!!
WTF MAN!!

It's been 8 years since Season 1, i don't think we will ever get another season.
Maybe i need to read the Manga.

8/10 for me.
This Anime really playing with my emotion for sure.
It gave me happiness and also sadness.

Perfectly balanced, as it should be.
Dec 9, 2023 1:46 PM
Jan 2022
My girls my girls my girls. need to go make a comfort purchase of a taroumaru plush. rn.
Jan 11, 7:55 AM

Jun 2020
There should be a second season but there is not which is bad. Other than that this episode was meh. The dog part was sad and I feel actually emotional at the secene but other than that bothing very important didn’t happened.I understand that they find a place etc. But in total that part was lass than 5 minute…I love the girls mostly Yuuri and Kurumi I cant say Im the biggest fan of Yuki but in the last 2 ep she was actually interesting to watch.

Im not sure what is the all second dog part was about. When Taroumaru first get down to -2 I didn’t understand from where the other dogs voice did came and Im still not sure. Is it important in later?

6/10

Definitely gonna check the manga
Feb 8, 7:39 AM

Oct 2022
I definitely was not expecting all of this when I started this series. Must remember to look at genre listing before starting a series. Thought it was going to be a cute little slice of life story.

I am just glad it had a mostly happy ending.
Feb 23, 4:29 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Miki and the shovel girl are so hot. There's an excellent picture of them on gelbooru.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.