Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 19, 2015 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
I'm actually wondering if they all die in the end. I doubt it, but it would take major balls for the anime studio to give us that kind of ending since it's not the ending people are looking for.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 19, 2015 2:30 PM
Oct 2014
Zer01 said:
Lucasloco91 said:
Anime original ending ? Pls no ..

That's what I read from /a/, but I don't think it's true though. Well.. hopefully not.

One episode left. Even with the bits they left out, there is still a decent chance we end exactly like in the manga.

An anime original ending would involve the girls being all devoured or the helicopter we have seen earlier coming to the rescue.
Sep 19, 2015 8:22 PM

Nov 2012
From the start of this episode, I was scared that they would portray Yuki-chan as the weak heroine that stays weak, because she can't get stronger. The ending of this episode exceeded my expectations. I need to read the manga again because I'm getting the two mixed up. Did they go to the broadcasting room in the anime in the past? I can't recall.

Taroumaru just freaken ran away like the dog he is. I hope he never gets treated.

I really enjoy the direction this anime is taking opposed to the manga. It's wrapping itself up really nicely, and at this rate, I think it'll set itself up for a second season continuation. Basically they've lost all of their generators on the roof and crops, so they have to move (or something along those lines).
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Sep 20, 2015 12:36 AM

Nov 2012
They're all definitely going to live. Yuki will unleash her ultimate power of friendship to defeat the zombies, reach the emergency shelter where Miki is enclosed, and save Kurumi, Sakura-sensei, and all her fellow classmates. Then, one OVA beach episode since Yuki wished to go to an ocean instead of a pool.
Sep 20, 2015 4:40 AM
Nov 2010
I wonder why there is a school desk blocking roll-up shutter in the emergency shelter. How and who got it there?
IIRC girls mentioned that they had never been in the basement, so it couldn't be them. It could be then either a 3rd party which is hard to believe, or Megu-nee, while she was still a human (zombie is not capable of carrying a desk, not to mention why would it do that).
Personally I don't want it to be Megu-nee as it would mean that she had read the emergency manual but decided not to tell girls about it and, which I find more disturbing,that she failed to relocate antidote closer to their living space (remembering the shelter but forgetting about the cure? That is not likely).
Also why would she cry after she was bitten if she knew there is an antidote? Wouldn't she run as fast as she could to the shelter?

BTW, where are other zombie teachers? E.g. head master?

Anyone deciphered exact parting words of Megu-nee? Safe guess is it was something among the lines of sayōnara, but it a bit longer.
Sep 20, 2015 4:48 AM

Jan 2015
zachy said:
I wonder why there is a school desk blocking roll-up shutter in the emergency shelter. How and who got it there?

We don't know if they skipped that chapter of they are going to adapt it in the next episode.
Sep 20, 2015 5:50 AM

Jan 2011
Something about last episode made me uguu, but this one was really good!
Xenocrisi said:
Ow...this episode...almost cried.

Crossing the border means it gets a 10 from me, but it hasn't done that so far. :'o

Hoping the final episode is gonna be intense, and second season is a must. We need more of this kind of show.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 20, 2015 6:22 AM
Jun 2014
great episode. a litle bit 2 much remembering old memory's in this episode other than that. great episode!
Sep 20, 2015 9:18 AM

Jan 2015
Here there's Taroumaru's face
Sep 20, 2015 11:49 AM

May 2014
So only one ep. left huh. For a manga reader it's suprizing how much they have changed from the manga. And they made the scene with Kurumi much more dramatic and longer than they did in the manga. So that's nice to see. Well, I hope they wil end the series were I think it will end. And there will probably be no s2 though the manga still continue.
Sep 20, 2015 12:29 PM

Sep 2013
I get that an adaptation doesn't need to replicate the manga, but I can still wish that it did.. Miki's Taroumaru complex is hilarious, it's almost like she's forgotten Kurumi's turning into a zombie while a hoard of them are banging at the door.
Sep 20, 2015 5:30 PM

Feb 2014
Only 1 scene dissapointed me.

Why they tell that rii cant kill kurumi, if that part doesnt shown, next week episode will be more interesting. They should just stop when rii ready to stab kurumi and move to other scene and never shown those 2 again till episode finished
Sep 20, 2015 6:58 PM

Oct 2013
I guess I'm in the [overwhelming] minority that didn't really like this episode. Can't really describe why, just that I didn't feel it. Yuuri's breakdown in particular is especially underwhelming compared to how it was in the manga. The fluff made this drag on more than it needed to as well.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 20, 2015 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
Zadion said:
I guess I'm in the [overwhelming] minority that didn't really like this episode. Can't really describe why, just that I didn't feel it. Yuuri's breakdown in particular is especially underwhelming compared to how it was in the manga. The fluff made this drag on more than it needed to as well.

Don't worry, you are not alone friend.
Sep 20, 2015 10:29 PM

Mar 2012
Zadion said:

I didn't like it either but that's been the case for the past 5 episodes >_> Just started losing interest after the mall episode which is a shame since I found it pretty enjoyable at the time.
Sep 20, 2015 11:00 PM

Feb 2015
Zadion said:

It's borderline narmy, but then again, I thought that would be right up your alley given that you're a fan of Michiru :p

Avenger-senpai said:
I didn't like it either but that's been the case for the past 5 episodes >_> Just started losing interest after the mall episode which is a shame since I found it pretty enjoyable at the time.

It was starting to lose me by episode 9, but imho the last couple of episodes have done a good job of adding legitimate tension to the show. The inconsistency with how quickly the virus spreads is pretty odd though. I guess a big part of this is how willing you are to hold onto your suspension of disbelief.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
MasterTengkorakSep 21, 2015 7:13 PM
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Sep 21, 2015 7:41 AM

Jan 2015
All these bad reviews are killing me xD
Sep 21, 2015 7:48 AM

Feb 2015
Xenocrisi said:

I'm resisting the urge to release my review before the final episode airs, but it's so tempting! Just a few more days...

Sep 21, 2015 8:04 AM

Jan 2015
Caelidesu said:
Xenocrisi said:

I'm resisting the urge to release my review before the final episode airs, but it's so tempting! Just a few more days...

Good or bad review? xD
Sep 21, 2015 9:08 AM

Feb 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Caelidesu said:

Good or bad review? xD

The review or the verdict of the show?
7 or an 8 so far, I'm veering towards 8 as long as the ending is on par with ep. 11

Sep 21, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2015
That was some episode. Wish other episodes would have been like this too. but oh well.

I have to say though anime could not come close to the drama, suspense and desperation manga had/has.
Sep 21, 2015 9:29 AM

Jan 2015
Caelidesu said:
Xenocrisi said:

Good or bad review? xD

The review or the verdict of the show?
7 or an 8 so far, I'm veering towards 8 as long as the ending is on par with ep. 11
both
Sep 21, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2015
politoadboy said:
There has been too much focus on Megu-nee and not enough on the main 4 girls.

When you say "Too much focus on Megu-nee" do you mean the last 3 minutes and the 3 minutes when Miki was killing her? Ok.
Sep 21, 2015 11:30 AM

Jan 2015
politoadboy said:
Xenocrisi said:

When you say "Too much focus on Megu-nee" do you mean the last 3 minutes and the 3 minutes when Miki was killing her? Ok.

No I don't mean in this episode, I mean in the show as a whole, I think they focused on her too much.

well, maybe, but i thought it was balanced with the focus on the main girls. In any case Megu-nee is a lovable character, so i think it's not a problem for the 90% of the people who watch this show.
Sep 21, 2015 6:05 PM

Oct 2008
"Bye bye Megu-nee" Does this mean Yuki isn't delusional anymore?
Oh no!...next episode is last episode "Graduation"
Are they going for Anime original ending???
5/5.

Sep 21, 2015 10:32 PM

Mar 2015
politoadboy said:
Xenocrisi said:

well, maybe, but i thought it was balanced with the focus on the main girls. In any case Megu-nee is a lovable character, so i think it's not a problem for the 90% of the people who watch this show.

I personally find it a problem because I don't think she's an interesting character. She doesn't have much personality beyond "teacher that cares", and they should have wrapped up any involvement she had mid-cour.

The problem is that the plot twist revolved around Megu-nee where she was actually an illusion revealed in episode 6. Then a few episodes later she was focused again for a few scenes because she become a zombie and that all of Yuki's delusions are still there. They can't just forget about Megu-nee if Yuki can't forget about her. Also Megu-nee don't have too much screen time, in episode 9 she only appeared for 10 seconds max, where the 4 girls got 20 minutes of screen time with fanservice.

Sep 22, 2015 12:47 AM

Jul 2015
I love this episode..

ok,,i am waiting the last episode
Sep 22, 2015 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
yuki regained lucidity?
and miki condition is far too dangerous, seems like 99% she'll be bitten
and will kurumi cured?
Sep 22, 2015 8:08 AM

Feb 2015
Minervalkyrie said:

LOL you're right though

Minervalkyrie said:
and will kurumi cured?

That's one way to phrase the question :p

Sep 22, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2015
Minervalkyrie said:

and will kurumi cured?

If you think that Miki dies how can Kurumi be saved? :S
Sep 22, 2015 8:55 AM

Feb 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Minervalkyrie said:

and will kurumi cured?

It's only 99%, and we all know how little those chances mean in anime! :D plz dun die kurumi

Her oppais might not have been as magnificent as Yuuri's but I really liked Kurumi D; plz dun die kurumi

Sep 22, 2015 9:05 AM

Jan 2015
Caelidesu said:
Xenocrisi said:

It's only 99%, and we all know how little those chances mean in anime! :D plz dun die kurumi

Her oppais might not have been as magnificent as Yuuri's but I really liked Kurumi D; plz dun die kurumi

Sep 22, 2015 9:42 AM

May 2009
No helicopter in the end. But I'm happy anyway, since we got to see Megu-nee even more.

Also does anyone have a gif of Yuuki crying after Megu-nee disappears? It was pretty intense.
Sep 22, 2015 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
Xenocrisi said:

I couldn't even hate that if I tried.

Sep 22, 2015 1:31 PM

Jul 2009
Everything is falling down, going to the dark side of it all, well, it was expected.
Everytime I saw Rii thinking if she should kill Kurumi was a heartbreaker, really sad.
Odd, that they even have virus vaccine in the school.
Sep 22, 2015 7:01 PM

Aug 2007
It's a bit strange how only now they noticed a line in the manual that mentions medicine...considering they spent a whole night poring over it, you'd think that it would have caught their attention the first time around but it seems not.

I still do not particulaly care for Yuki but the whole thing with Kurumi sure took a toll. But in a twisted kind of way I almost wish the anime had the guts to go all out and actually kill everyone. Given how timely Miki found the medicine, however, I suspect that Kurumi will be cured.
Sep 22, 2015 10:08 PM

Mar 2009
Not going to lie, I choked up at the end. That whole scene with Yuki crying and coming to a harsh realization hurt me on the inside. Props to the seiyuu.
Sep 23, 2015 1:14 AM

May 2013
Mormegil said:
Not going to lie, I choked up at the end. That whole scene with Yuki crying and coming to a harsh realization hurt me on the inside. Props to the seiyuu.

I was so happy when Yuki finally snapped out of it. A few times during the series she would realize what was going on for only moments. Looks like it's for good this time. I'm excited to see how episode 12 will play out.
Sep 23, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
My fcking heart, it hurts so much, and seeing Megu-nee ;_; Rest in Peace.

Sep 23, 2015 1:27 PM
May 2014
lacznosc said:
got annoyed with Miki, she cared way more for the dog than for Kurumi...
I some what understand why people are a little annoyed with Miki, but I seriously disagree with the reasoning I mean she's risking her life for medicine that she knows deep down could only save a human, but also wants to save a dog (who does kinda like what yuki does) brings them fun/hope. Also, that dog wad there while her friend was alive, and in a better situation could have lead her to where her friend went(probably wont be a good outcome but still) (btw I'm not trying to start a fight, i just saw alot of comments over this and wanted to share my opinion)
skiaylySep 23, 2015 1:33 PM
Sep 23, 2015 8:36 PM

Nov 2007
OH MAN. Can't wait for the next episode~~
Sep 25, 2015 6:02 AM

May 2010
Great adaptation yet again. To be honest, the manga made it more clear that Megu living inside Yuki is her rational side. A part of her knows about everything but she is too scared to face it. Now that they are in a pinch and she has to save everyone, she has to face everything. She said goodbye to that "part" not Megu. The anime made it seem like Megu is still existing as a ghost and is guiding Yuki, when that's not the case. I found the manga more psychologically well done in this aspect.

Other than this minor issue I had, rest was amazing. Great job, Lerche.

(I almost forgot it but might as well say it) Rii's reasons to (almost) kill Kurumi were more justified here. In the manga, it seemed like she did it because she was becoming a psycho due to the drastic change in situation, but here it was more of a "Kurumi told me to kill her if anything goes wrong" case. True, she said it in the manga as well but it felt like she was genuinely scared there. Here, she was fulfilling the promise, and less of a psycho. I like both versions.
TragicRomanceSep 25, 2015 6:06 AM
Sep 26, 2015 1:52 AM

Dec 2012
Beautiful episode, you can feel the despair and the sadness of the characters. Yuki finally accepted the death of Megu-nee and the reality. It was a good timing, I am looking forward to watch the last episode.
Sep 28, 2015 12:34 PM

Sep 2013
This is going to be a depressing ending isn't it? i better get ready for feels :'(
Oct 1, 2015 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
Yuki's finally coming to her senses. I guess Megunee was useful, in a way.
Oct 2, 2015 8:15 AM

Oct 2013
Gosh, even the showdown is slow paced.
<3
Oct 3, 2015 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
Nice character progression. Fairly good episode.
Oct 4, 2015 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
I am actually crying. This is really a sad episode for me. I'm glad that Yuki accepted the reality and bye bye Megu-nee ;;;
Oct 4, 2015 3:12 PM

May 2012
Yea it develops just like I thought it would, while it's great how it is developing it's still sad to see it going towards and end like that and with the next being the last episode I do wonder what it will offer us of an ending. One thing is sure I do think it won't be quite a happy go lucky ending!

Either way a great episode so let's see what the last episode of this quite interesting zombie anime has to offer us!
Oct 10, 2015 8:43 AM

Nov 2011
The grueling wait, imposed by the narrative, was unnerving. I twisted a little nose when they emphasized a little drama of certain events, although it is true that sometimes seem worse things happen at the same time, but in the end it seems strange that the protagonists have never thought of a plan escape. Ultimately, this shows maybe their ingenuity of young girls. Who knows!
Not bad the final part, really dramatic, I feel sorry for the end of Megu-nee.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.