Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2015 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
So it goes from the usual 5-6/10 content to garbage tier for this episode. Whatever.

Cute girls doing cute things worshipper will still call this a critical masterpiece.

Still better than this week's Naruto filler
Sep 3, 2015 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
The girls are in their swimsuits.

I think we know that zombie is at the ending.

It wasn't that hard to find out :p
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 3, 2015 11:32 AM

Jan 2015
Still waiting for something important for plot to happen...
Sep 3, 2015 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
Its been awhile since I read the manga but wasn't it originally kurumi who

Sep 3, 2015 11:56 AM
Jan 2015
Seriously, this episode was mostly wasted on that water tank cleaning. Pretty much the sole important thing was Taroumaru going downstairs to find Zombie-nee. That ending though... It felt creepy as hell. Kurumi isn't even on it anymore. Maybe she will be unable to deal with Zombie-nee and end up dead?
Sep 3, 2015 11:56 AM

May 2009
EratoNysiad said:
I read it yesterday, and it came to me that the anime and the manga lie their focus on entirely different things.

And it was terrible decision. Anime is fucking borefest for most of time. That's why it's flopping in disc preorders while manga sold a shitload.
Sep 3, 2015 12:16 PM

Jul 2007
More people equating "action" with plot. Oh MAL.

Frankly if this was your generic "Gotta kill zombies omg horror" stuff, I would have already grown bored of it. WHat I find refreshing about htis is that the Zombies are the setting - the focus is on how characters perceive and exist in such a world, which is far more interesting for me.
What is going on in their psyches is far more interesting than overused zombie drivel.

PEople also bitch about how this is unfit with what happened at the end of last episode but it fits - when confronted with the things they learned, the first thing a human psyche wold long for is escapism. Not to mention that they still discuss the things they learned through the episode.
AhenshihaelSep 3, 2015 12:23 PM
Sep 3, 2015 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
CookingPriest said:

Frankly if this was your generic "Gotta kill zombies omg horror" stuff, I would have already grown bored of it. WHat I find refreshing about htis is that the Zombies are the setting - the focus is on how characters perceive and exist in such a world, which is far more interesting for me.
What is going on in their psyches is far more interesting than overused zombie drivel.

PEople also bitch about how this is unfit with what happened at the end of last episode but it fits - when confronted with the things they learned, the first thing a human psyche wold long for is escapism.

Yup agreed. I guess some people forgot the survival theme from it too
Sep 3, 2015 12:21 PM
Jan 2012
Last week i thought that they went "half" pool episode this week because they want to end it with cliffhanger when
but no, they do it full episode, and the story wont make any progress, wasting time.

2 arc within 3 Eps will be rush as hell, my worst fear is
Sep 3, 2015 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
Geez these mangafags are annoying and I can't believe it since I am in the group as well. The thing is these type of episodes is there to see the interaction and bond with the characters. If you completely follow the manga then they have to include the part when they get out of school. The manga didn't have enough material to make the first season only up to the school arc. It would feel completely weird to end it if they didn't have the fillers. Blame the manga for not making enough materials to make the school arc long enough.
Sep 3, 2015 12:28 PM

Dec 2014
politoadboy said:
CookingPriest said:

PEople also bitch about how this is unfit with what happened at the end of last episode but it fits - when confronted with the things they learned, the first thing a human psyche wold long for is escapism. Not to mention that they still discuss the things they learned through the episode.

I agree with what you said partly- but the characters are rather cliché, it limits how interesting it is to see their reactions. It's like a character study on 4 boring 10 year olds.
cliche =/= bad.
Sep 3, 2015 12:36 PM

Jul 2007
Also people complaining how nothing happened... LOL.

Nothing happened? PLease.
- Progression with Taroumaru and Miki's relationship fixing which completes her becoming part of this group and starting to overcome the mall events memories.
- Kurumi and Rii and Miki discussing and proccessing what they learned about the school last episode.
- Miki's character establishment.

That seems to be more than enough for an episode of character-focused show.
Sep 3, 2015 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
politoadboy said:
NipahAllDay said:
cliche =/= bad.

It would be fine if it was just a slice of life, the characters are cute and all- but this show is also trying to be a mystery and a psychological horror. The two don't blend for me, I also have a bit of a pet-hate for the character trope Yuuri falls into.
I understand how you feel, but I would kindly disagree. One of the theme of the series is escapism. Meaning the things they do is just to avoid the despair they are in. Sure you could say it's for fan service or doesn't progress the plot, but you could also see it as the characters are appreciating each other and see the struggle they have to do in the few next episode.
NipahAllDaySep 3, 2015 1:07 PM
Sep 3, 2015 12:47 PM

Dec 2014
CookingPriest said:
Also people complaining how nothing happened... LOL.

Nothing happened? PLease.
- Progression with Taroumaru and Miki's relationship fixing which completes her becoming part of this group and starting to overcome the mall events memories.
- Kurumi and Rii and Miki discussing and proccessing what they learned about the school last episode.
- Miki's character establishment.

That seems to be more than enough for an episode of character-focused show.
thank you. The mangatards are getting annoying. This could go with any manga fans out there.
Sep 3, 2015 12:59 PM

Apr 2014
It's summer and it's pool party time...surround by tons of zombies haha.
Damn, this make me want to jump in a pool as well.
And wow we saw the real Megumi, but...RIP Taroumaru.
Sep 3, 2015 1:14 PM

Jan 2015
There is finally a reconciliation between Taroumaru and Miki, thanks to Kei's CD player. I really liked this part.

The second could be the Shovel Girl vs. Balloon Sorceress water gun duel. The jump into the water part was elegant.

To think the fishies were still alive under all that algae...I guess that tank needs to be cleaned more often than a pool, since they can't add chemicals?

I guess the idea of the series was good, but the execution might be the problem. Not gonna bother to analize the production further.
Sep 3, 2015 1:16 PM

Jan 2015
NipahAllDay said:
politoadboy said:

It would be fine if it was just a slice of life, the characters are cute and all- but this show is also trying to be a mystery and a psychological horror. The two don't blend for me, I also have a bit of a pet-hate for the character trope Yuuri falls into.
I understand how you feel, but I would kindly disagree. One of the theme of the series is escapism. Meaning the things they do is just to avoid the despair they are in. Sure you could say it's for fan service or doesn't progress the plot, but you could also see it as the characters are appreciating each other and see the struggle they have to do in the few next episode.

You are completely right with the "escapism" stuff, but since this anime has a great source, i don't get why they should add pointless scenes. The manga has 80% dark moments and 20% SoL moments, the anime 60-70% SoL moments and 30-40% dark moments.
Sep 3, 2015 1:27 PM

Dec 2014
Barion-Zara said:
So from which chap should I start reading. I know they changed some stuff with Miki and Toramaru in the beginning but since when did it start to get notably bad adaption wise?

Episode 7, I think. The plot has been pushed to the sidelines.
Sep 3, 2015 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
And once again not having read the manga seemingly makes the adaption more enjoyable for me^^ While other people complain about stuff being in there or not I could easily just enjoy the pool episode^^
Sep 3, 2015 1:36 PM

Nov 2011
I can feel an impending shitstorm about to happen
Sep 3, 2015 1:48 PM

Jun 2013
fan service episode and zombie megu nee
Sep 3, 2015 1:48 PM

Dec 2014
Xenocrisi said:
NipahAllDay said:

You are completely right with the "escapism" stuff, but since this anime has a great source, i don't get why they should add pointless scenes. The manga has 80% dark moments and 20% SoL moments, the anime 60-70% SoL moments and 30-40% dark moments.
the anime is still following the manga fairly well. If we exclude the "filler" and add the missing part from the manga, then we would probably get 10 episodes at best tbh. The chapters is fairly short as well. Anime episodes is 22 mins long and reading 2 chapters takes 4-10 mins to read. A fairly done anime adaptation takes 2 or 3 chapters per episode. The chapter where they leave school is somewhere at 20 something. If the anime follows the manga exactly, then the anime wouldn't flow well. So they have to add the "pointless" scenes to make the anime somewhat flow. Also I like those scenes because it done a better job making the characters interaction and bond.
Sep 3, 2015 1:58 PM

Jul 2012
Now that we're approaching the end of the show I really hope something happens as in like, next episode, things have been going a little too slow and it's kinda bothersome, especially when they hype you up in the last minute :v
Sep 3, 2015 2:19 PM

Jun 2013

Yuri: When two senpais notice each other.
Sep 3, 2015 2:22 PM

Oct 2012
Foreshadowing all the way, and the end of this episode was pretty ominuous. Other than that it was obvious fanservice "beach" episode.

Dat zombie Magu-nee:

I wonder what we'll find out about her next. Can she perhaps restrain herself even in this form somehow?
Sep 3, 2015 2:46 PM

Jun 2015
The drama is about to explode...
Sep 3, 2015 2:56 PM

May 2013
At this point, I'm afraid that they might not adapt Chapter 29. That was one of my favorite chapter since it focused on Yuki.

Besides the pointless boobs and butt shots, the scene between Miki and Taroumaru was nice and the water gun fight was cool. Other than that, this was a weak episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 3, 2015 3:26 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Lain_ said:
kamijoan said:
They totally removed someone from the ending :v

oh the foreshadowing ~

My eyes opened wide when I noticed someone was absent in the middle. :v
Sep 3, 2015 3:43 PM

May 2015
Oh no, Megu-nee... Well, thought the episode wasn't too bad, but yea, they wasted too much time on fanservice. That foreshadowing though.

Sep 3, 2015 4:25 PM

Mar 2012
Ugh, just a fan service episode. So far it's feeling like they used zombies and the psychological parts in the first episodes to bait people who normally wouldn't be interested in a schoolgirl SoL to check it out >_> Hope things start picking up from here on.

Is the manga actually better than the anime? From reading some of the comments it seems like there's quite a bit of filler.

Just noticed the manga is still publishing, wonder if the anime is gonna have an original ending or a "To be continue" ending.
Sep 3, 2015 4:30 PM

Oct 2013
I thought the episode was good. I especially liked the part where Miki is finally forgiven by Taroumaru. It does make me hope that Kei will appear again, either living or living dead version. Yuki taking part in fetch was pretty funny.

woah the foreshadowing in the last few frames and in the ED!
Sep 3, 2015 4:43 PM

Apr 2015
Another relaxing episode. Fight between Kurumi and Yuuri was fun. Can't wait for Megu-nee though.
Sep 3, 2015 4:45 PM
Sep 2009
juicykitten95 said:
manga is boring and a lot less impactful compared to the anime bc for the mangas premise to work you need color,VAs and ost so the viewer can feel the atmosphere.In manga all the dark moments feel too sudden and completely out of place while lighthearted moments feel cheap.The anime was able to show the true value of the premise.
tldr: anime >>>>>> manga

FUCKING BULLSHIT. This anime sucks on all kinds of levels. First and foremost it fails to be interesting and engaging. It's wasting time on a lot of useless stuff. It's not even worth the tentative 5/10 I gave it while going through 8 episodes, it just went garbage with this episode.

And no I haven't read the manga. But I will, since it's obviously better than this crap.
EvilDragonSep 3, 2015 4:51 PM
Sep 3, 2015 5:07 PM

Oct 2013
Fucking moe fanservice shit, get your shit together Lerche.
Sep 3, 2015 5:29 PM

Oct 2013
SOOOOO CUUUUUTE. A man cannot handle this much moe in one episode.

lol @ all the people like "THIS ADAPTATION RUINED THE MANGA BY ADDING ALL THIS FILLER" as if the source material didn't have a ton of SoL too. If anything SoL is your definition of filler then you should probably fix your definition. Yeah, there is filler in this series, but it's in the same atmosphere as the SoL content of the manga, and honestly, it's better executed than the SoL content of the manga.

I am concerned about the decision to place a near full filler episode at this stage, though. They're gonna have a hard time adapting the content needed to adapt unless the next 3 eps don't have any anime-only content whatsoever. I mean, I really enjoyed this episode; it was cute as fuck and there was good development with Miki. But I didn't enjoy it enough I want the actual plot to be rushed just so it could exist.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 3, 2015 5:32 PM

Apr 2012
I like this ep, I feel like it's the calm before the storm.

Kurumi vs Yuuri best part of the episode, Yuuri is awesome, you don't want to mess with her!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 3, 2015 5:39 PM

Oct 2011
Pool episodes YAY

Megu-nee in the basement OMFG
Sep 3, 2015 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
Will Taroumaru die? Manga readers, pls answer (with a spoiler tag ofc).
Sep 3, 2015 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
What an episode with a great fanservice, and a bit of fun to relieve the tension of the last events, but it is only the calm before the storm, the next episodes promise more drama ..
Sep 3, 2015 5:53 PM
Jul 2012
marian11 said:
Will Taroumaru die? Manga readers, pls answer (with a spoiler tag ofc).
Sep 3, 2015 6:03 PM

Jan 2011
This was a fun episode.Taroumaru opening up to Miki was really nice and cute. The water gun fight between Rii and Kurumi was pretty fun too. However, Taroumaru finding Megu-nee who has turned into a zombie was a great cliffhanger. Man, things are gonna be tough for the girls.
Sep 3, 2015 6:07 PM

Oct 2011
While i did enjoy the SoL pool stuff in this episode (plus the miki and taroumaru development and talk about the survival booklet from last episode) and i do understand the point of escapism and developing the relationship of the characters, i do think that they are wasting a bit too much of time focusing on too much SoL and going away from the plot. I think the manga had the perfect blend of SoL escapism and development with the contrast of the psychological and horror plot. I cant complain cause i love SoL and the pool part was fun, but at this rate they are going to rush the story and plot.

Forum icon by Yandere

Sep 3, 2015 6:26 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... I supposed you can call this episode as one of those "beach episode".

Nice build up within the team, where Miki is still getting along with each other. They mentioned about the possiblity of Megu-nee hiding the secret of the bio-weapon. And Taroumaru seems to get along really well with Miki.

The getting along of Taroumaru and Miki seems suspicious... especially after that ending scene... I think they're gonna kill Taroumaru, to make Miki sad... damn it.

Then... oh my... as if Zombie-nee coming to the gang is not shocking enough. They HAVE to remove Kurumi from the ED song.... DEATHFLAG!!!! *cries*

Sep 3, 2015 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
Ehhh wasn't expecting an actual relaxing (fanserivce) episode so late but oh well didn't feel as out of place as it could had.

Had a feeling this was gonna end of a cliffhanger god damnit that face is the face of nightmares :( it looks like her mouth has stitches
Sep 3, 2015 7:37 PM

Jul 2013
Almost at the end of the show and we have a 20min ep with only the last minute with some plot... it's getting annoying, I could've watched something else.

waste of time/10
Sep 3, 2015 8:22 PM

Feb 2013
Oh shit!!! That ending!!!
Sep 3, 2015 9:07 PM

Aug 2011
I read the manga and I'm still enjoying this for the most part. Maybe it's because I've already gotten attached to the characters so it's fun to see them interact.

Still waiting for the

but I forgot what part of the story that was in so maybe they won't include it...
Sep 3, 2015 9:12 PM
May 2014
As possibly the only person on here not comparing the anime to its original source material, I'm enjoying the show. But yeah, the pace could definitely use a kick to get the real plot going.
Sep 3, 2015 9:22 PM

Apr 2013
this show is garbage
Sep 3, 2015 9:47 PM

Mar 2015
Sourire said:
this show is garbage

And yet you keep watching this show every week up to episode 9. Are you a masochist???

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.