Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 6, 2015 3:21 AM

Oct 2014
well, i better go get some tissues bc taromaru is probably gonna die next week :((
Sep 6, 2015 4:53 AM

Oct 2014
Dat Zombie-nee tho.
Seriously tough, the unneded Fanservice was annoying.
Sep 6, 2015 5:01 AM

Nov 2014
the past few episodes have felt kinda slow? hope it picks up the pace next episode
Sep 6, 2015 5:53 AM
Jul 2010
My jaded heart has seen enough of Taromaru. I wouldn't be opposed to him going away nao.
Sep 6, 2015 7:27 AM

Aug 2015
Incubusknight said:
LoveChild said:

i've said before, i love the manga million times better, but i still enjoy the anime
i just feel it makes some poor decisions at times and this entire episode felt like the poorest decision made yet.

I agree with this statement.
Gakkou Gurashi is still my favorite anime this year and I'll still be recommending it to all my friends to watch.
The music and atmosphere are still perfect and all the reveals in past episodes of Yuki's delusions where artful and I love how engaging the show has been with all the little clues and changes in the op and endings. Even the main webpage for this show is changing and that's the part of the anime that I like over the manga.

Now putting all that aside (for me anyway) the manga was still better because it didn't even need all that stuff to keep me hooked. It was able to put me on the edge of my seat in tense moments or feel sad for the characters when bad things happened to them. Every page flowed together nicely and the story always felt like it was progressing forward especially when Miki joined the crew.

This is where the anime has faltered and has irritated some of the manga readers. The flash back episodes (meant to make up for Miki's early presence) left a lot of people confused as to what order the shows suppose to be in. We've had to explain it a few times on these forums (I think a thread was made for it too) what order the episodes should have been in. It was an interesting change but since it just confused the non-manga readers it did more harm then good in my opinion.

And then there's this episode, episode 9. It wasn't a bad episode but let's be honest here. When people tuned in to watch episode 9 I'm willing to bet the majority of people wanted to find out what's going on with the school. With this turning out to be 90% fan service episode I would be lying if I said it didn't leave me feeling unsatisfied like it seems to have done many.
The scene with Miki and Taromaru making up is probably the only part that I understand being there, and admittedly I did enjoy the water gun flight and seeing more of Rii's fun personality along with her having the title of "Balloon Bomb Sorceress".
The ending with Megu-nee and then the change in the ending credits was also a nice touch with foreshadow and it's those reasons that I gave this episode a 3/5.

I think the thing that irks me the most this episode is just knowing that it was probably done purely to make more sales for the anime. With what few episodes we have left I'm starting to feel a little anxious on how they're going to end this.
Wow this is a nice summary of what I'm currently thinking on this series so far.
Incubusknight said:
Honestly though I'd be okay with an anime original ending, so long as it doesn't feel rush and is done well.
as for the ending I think they will omit
since it will be a feasible way to end this series that doesn't feel rush.
Sep 6, 2015 11:25 AM

Nov 2012
Much fan service episode. With only 3 episodes left, my hope meter has gone down, by a lot.

Do think Taroumaru has to go if this anime is to progress. He's just going to be a hindrance to the true nature of this show, or what it could've been at least. If he was gone, there would be a lot more character development on Yuki's side and the rest, but that's my idea.

Really wondered how Taroumaru went all the way to Megu-nee. Even with those dog howls I question as to why Taroumaru didn't hear them before.

With only 12 episodes, I think they did a decent job with the pacing of the show. However, it doesn't feel as 'fleshed out' as it should've been. The direction of this show seems to be a casual slife-of-life, taking away the idea of a zombie apocalypse almost entirely. I mean, the zombies are there, if they weren't, Gakkou Gurashi could've been viewed as a simple slife-of-life. However, if the slife-of-life was no there, then we have ourselves some poorly put together horror anime with minimal scenes that barely explains anything.
UsaraDarkSep 6, 2015 11:31 AM
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Sep 6, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2011
Too much fanservice...
Atmosphere at the final minute was good, but showing her like felt a bit too cliché.
Get better soon please.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 6, 2015 1:08 PM

Dec 2014
As much as I liked the fanservice, I wish the entire episode wasn't dedicated to it. With only 3 episodes left, I'd like to see more story progress.

I do wonder how Yuki will cope with this appearance of Megu-nee though.
Sep 6, 2015 2:10 PM

Feb 2013
THAT ENDING. I am dying for some zombie action! Next ep should be awesome based on the
zombie shown at the very end! Definitely looking forward to it! The beginning of this ep started out really well, building suspense with the key and the unknown basement level...but then DENIED with let's take a fun break for the entire ep. >.< I get that they want to illustrate funfunfunwhatevsESCAPISM / ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE but...we're running out of eps! *^*
Sep 6, 2015 2:13 PM

Mar 2008
Bikini's make everything better.
Sep 6, 2015 7:00 PM
Jul 2010
The good thing is there is so little action in the manga as well, they can easily fit in 60 minutes of action the last three episodes.

I predict the conclusion will be Kurumi getting the you know what, I dont wanna spoil things.
Sep 6, 2015 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
Pointless episode but I forgive Lerche.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 7, 2015 1:32 AM

Oct 2008
Pool cleaning episode!
So much 2-piece mizugi fanservice!
It was very nice to hear the acoustic guitar version of the 1st ED!
last part was very cool scary! zombiefied Megu-nee!
5/5.

Sep 7, 2015 7:52 AM

Jul 2010
I love cute-girls-do-cute-things, but I thought, with an awesome plot such as zombie apocalypse would make it different. Neither plot nor character development was seen for me. In short, it doesn't deserve any good point, I'd leave it 5-6/10 or something.
It's time for reading its manga, I guess.
Sep 7, 2015 8:22 AM

Jan 2015
myd10oz said:
I love cute-girls-do-cute-things, but I thought, with an awesome plot such as zombie apocalypse would make it different. Neither plot nor character development was seen for me. In short, it doesn't deserve any good point, I'd leave it 5-6/10 or something.

Yes yes, i am pretty sure you will not say the same after the anime ends. You want more horror and zombies, then you will receive your horror and zombies. Trust me, the next arc (at least, in the manga xD) is a 11/10.
Sep 7, 2015 3:25 PM

Feb 2013
Huh, More fan service this episode (not entirely complaining)

So based on what the girls seemed ot hint at was that this school may have been specifically built for some form of apocalypse. Which answers my question i had about the school having so much stuff. Seriously, it has everything you need to survive get an extremly good education. the stuff in that school you don't see to often elsewhere.

Oh jeez, Taroumaru, also i forgot about Megu-nee this episode (due to her not showing up at all this episode) so that little shock factor at the end surprised me.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Sep 8, 2015 9:13 AM
Apr 2014
Just wondering if anyone else noticed that the soundtrack during the water gun fight is a total ripoff of has been heavily inspired by Matrix Reloaded?
Sep 9, 2015 8:18 AM

Sep 2014
UsaraDark said:
Much fan service episode. With only 3 episodes left, my hope meter has gone down, by a lot.

Hopefully things start happening soon!

Almaironn said:
Just wondering if anyone else noticed that the soundtrack during the water gun fight is a total ripoff of has been heavily inspired by Matrix Reloaded?

Yeah, it seems to be a reference to the Matrix though, seeing as how they were aiming guns while flying through the air.
Mirai, zura~!
Sep 10, 2015 3:43 AM

Mar 2013
I have a sinking feeling Taroumarou is going to get it in this week's episode after watching last week's (this) episode.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Sep 10, 2015 1:04 PM
Jun 2015
Much as I was hoping for some more plot, I really did like this episode. Was it a filler? Absolutely. But it was a perfect example of what this anime does best.
"Hey, you think this anime is cute? You think it's all sunshine and daisies? Aw look at them having fun in the pool, and the dog likes Miki now, how cute!!1!!! Such an adorable anime, everything is fun and happy for fun happy people ha ha hA FUCK YOU. ZOMBIE-NEE."
Sep 10, 2015 8:57 PM

May 2012
ohhh shiet
Sep 11, 2015 5:50 AM

Jul 2014
The worst episode of anything I watched this season. Period.
Sep 14, 2015 4:20 AM

Jul 2010
Xenocrisi said:
myd10oz said:

Yes yes, i am pretty sure you will not say the same after the anime ends. You want more horror and zombies, then you will receive your horror and zombies. Trust me, the next arc (at least, in the manga xD) is a 11/10.

I hope so.
Sep 14, 2015 5:42 AM

Jan 2013
This anime can change so easily the main plot xD In this episode i almost forgot that they are surrounded by zombies xD but that ending ....they will go down and they will probably see her :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 16, 2015 11:20 PM

Dec 2013
I suppose even this series needs a pool episode lol

Is that Megu-nee at the end?
Sep 23, 2015 7:45 PM

Nov 2007
Even in a Zombie anime Japan manages to have a swimsuit episode. How fearsome.
Sep 25, 2015 4:34 AM

Oct 2009
Some filler and fanservice to lift the sales
Sep 28, 2015 8:19 AM

Feb 2014
I dislike fillers so much..
Sep 28, 2015 5:44 PM

Jun 2013
This episode.. garbage tier.. I don't even.

G_Spark233 said:
I suppose even this series needs a pool episode lol

Can't wait for the festival episode, Yay!
Oct 2, 2015 7:11 AM

Oct 2013
Wow, they even had a "beach" fanservice episode...
<3
Oct 3, 2015 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
Boring, until the end. Interesting twist.
Oct 4, 2015 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
Taroumaru walking alone in the ending and Kurumi was removed at the end too. This is not good.
Oct 4, 2015 2:21 PM

May 2012
Such a fun pool episode UNTIL THAT GOD DAMN ENDING! Damn really not going to be a great episode next one that is :'/ but well let's see what it has to offer us!
Oct 5, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
Episode a bit frivolous but also quite interesting as regards the plot. Some supposition is confirmed, for some reason a certain person is there.
The cliffhager put enough curiosity; drawings and animations well done, much fanservice right to exploit the protagonists. ASD
Oct 15, 2015 1:26 AM

Apr 2010
I've got a bad feeling about this...
Nov 6, 2015 4:24 PM
Feb 2015
The plot didn't advance a bit this episode, but Mii-kun x Taroumaru was cute

Also, that ending. Who was Taroumaru calling for ? His crush ?
Nov 30, 2015 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
oh my god, Taromaru and Yuki are probably the most annoying duo I've seen yet. They just ruined this anime for me.
Feb 16, 2016 6:43 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Great filler episode, so far Rii and Kurumi are my favorites, they are so cute, and being the more mature characters gives them a certain charm in this anime that yuki doesnt have.
And that ending was pretty clear setting up the death flags...
Apr 9, 2016 8:27 AM

Feb 2015
The swimsuit fanservice episode. It had to happen at some point.
Jun 13, 2016 1:44 PM

Feb 2013
That was a complete filler beach episode haha. But it's all good I guess since beach episode is a staple trope in slice-of-life anime xD

I really thought they buried Megu-nee because they had her ribbon tied on that cross. O_O It looks like sh*t will really hit the fan in these next 3 episodes.

My heart is ready...T_T

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 16, 2016 9:11 AM

Apr 2011
Nice fanservice episode. I can't help but stare at Yuuki's nice body. She's quite a hottie. Dem Megu-nee. I have a baaaddd feeling about Taroumarou.

Complain all you want with the fanservice, but that's how they lure pervy otaku's to buy their dvds and blurays to make a profit. If you really can't stand watching this then stop. Drop this series and go back to the manga. Anime are now made to promote the original source.
Jun 21, 2016 2:02 PM

Dec 2011
I don't get how Otakus are still lured in by fan service when it's already EVERYWHERE tho ...
Jul 10, 2016 1:37 AM

Dec 2012
LAWD JESUS! Too much Rii goodness this episode. Should have kept throwing the ball to Rii.

DAT YUKI ASS IN THE BEGINNING!

The great Taroumaru is giving you one more chance, Mii. Don't yell at him again.

*sees Taroumaru howling*

Me: *Takanori voice* Just howling in the shadow!!!!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 19, 2016 11:42 AM

Jun 2016
So after an interesting plot development last episode, we get an full episode of fanservice? -_-
Sep 18, 2016 7:18 AM

Jul 2008
This show would have been close to a masterpiece if that stupid dog was not there.
Who the fuck keeps a dog during a zombie apocalypse, they are fucking noisy.
Sep 23, 2016 7:53 AM
Sep 2015
I love this anime!
I like horror, I also like slice-of-life and this episode had both of the genres in it. 5/5
Dec 21, 2016 4:47 AM

Jun 2013
I guess this is the "obligatory swimsuit episode" zombie apocalypse-style. Yuuri and her gorgeous tits. There's always that one character (or two) that has a nice rack.

Yuki knows how to cheer people up despite the situation. She does her best despite being in shock. I think this is her natural personality. I wonder what will happen when everything finally hits her and she realizes what's really happening in the world OR maybe she DOES know but she refuses to accept it and is just putting up an act in front of everyone.

Megu-nee zombie at the end. Please don't hurt Taroumaru. TT__TT I have a strong feeling that little puppy won't live until the end.
臭い-
Feb 4, 2017 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
that ending gave me chills
Mar 9, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2014
so a pool episdoe..kinda expected it...so it was Sakura Sensei.... In the basement...
Apr 22, 2017 4:14 AM

Oct 2015
Finally Megu ni make her real appearance :( though not the one you want to see her in. That a fun episode this have been, let get on with the real shit next.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.